• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

Oh so Ash finally got gud
Have you seen his fights recently? He's been on fire recently.

I still think this is one of his best fights in the entire franchise

That is one ugly thumbnail.

We're getting another trailer for Sun/Moon on August 1st by the by.

I'm hoping for some more region info. New pokemon are great and all but the region is what determines if people like it or not.

I want a confirmation on whether or not we're doing gym leaders this gen. With all the rumors and leaks saying that there won't be, I NEED TO KNOW.

IT'S BEEN 20 YEARS. IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE.

Tbh I think itd be silly not to have them. Normal trainers aren't much of a challenge and b/w Has shown you can make the gym leaders more active in the story So they have relevance.

I just want the formula of 8 linear and easy bosses + E4 and final boss to change. Like I said, it's been 20 years and this formula hasn't budged.

Even if you MUST have them, make them non linear.

Oh that would be cool. I don't think the E4 are going anywhere, so I think there are a lot of things they could do to make the formula less...rigid. More stuff like Gen 1 when you could do Sabrina, Surge, and Koga in any real order you wanted.

Or hell maybe a curve ball where we fight a substitute Gym Leader cause the real one is sick or on their own journey and then have to backtrack there to challenge the actual gym leader and their gym's actual gimmick. Iunno...possible ideas to break up the formula

The way the Kalos region is set up sort of implied a non-linear experience

Kalos.png

A central hub that webs out in several directions. Before X/Y came out, I was hoping that the experience was non-linear, and you can choose whatever exit path of the central hub and explore to your heart's content, discovering new towns and challenging gym leaders in any order you wanted. But sadly, it was not the case.

Alola's multiple islands can also work in a similar way.

Please remove dumb barriers from areas with higher level pokemon that are routes to other gyms I want my ass handed to me on a plate if I try pls and thank

Reactions: juju_for_president
Have you seen his fights recently? He's been on fire recently.

I still think this is one of his best fights in the entire franchise

Well, he got a greninja so OP that the creature got a mega evolution just for him. It's like blazing through the games with legendaries (and the moron still forgets to hemove HM01 from it... that's why he'll never be a master)

Last edited:
A free, open Pokemon game where you can choose your own path, no matter the consequence?

The hell are you guys smoking?

I think Ash will not win the league.... again...

Because in the last round, last batle, Mega Charizard Y and Ash-greninja are fighting and then Ash will do the ending blow, the team Flare show yourselfs and stop de battle. After all the battles and the league destruction by Zygarde, the league ending without a winner for this year, and Ash go again after another adventure...

About Alola history, I will be happy if after the elite 4/champion battle we can go back to Kalos to fight the Kalos Gyms to go after Zygarde, like 2nd generation games.

As annoying as it is, the railroading is kind of necessary for Pokemon. Otherwise you could just skip to a high level area, catch one good Pokemon there, and then steamroll the rest of the game with it.

Also, remember the target audience is still children, and they want to keep the main storyline straightforward for them. I remember one interview stated that they found a lot of kids were getting lost and confused in Sinnoh, which is why they turned around and made Unova a circle after that.

okay well these booger-eating little snots need to git gud because im tired of point a to point b to point c simulator

>:[

Its funny how when ever I think of what I want in a next Pokemon game I always think about Gen 2 or HGSS with both Doing more then the initial 8 Gyms and Leagues and your 1st slot Pokemon following around you everywhere. Though with the newer gens that would probably be a lot harder to do as the graphics go up in the overworld :P

Its funny how when ever I think of what I want in a next Pokemon game I always think about Gen 2 or HGSS with both Doing more then the initial 8 Gyms and Leagues and your 1st slot Pokemon following around you everywhere. Though with the newer gens that would probably be a lot harder to do as the graphics go up in the overworld :P
I agree! HG/SS did a lot of things that I had wanted to see from the series, and I wish they had continued in that direction. Having two whole regions to explore was really great and allowed for lots of content. If the formula of 8 gyms were to be broken in any way, I'd want it to be similar to what HG/SS did.
Being able to have your Pokemon follow you in the overworld was a great touch. It made the game feel really alive. I doubt we'd see it in the series again, though. There are so many Pokemon now that it would be a very large amount of work to do for something purely visual.

I agree! HG/SS did a lot of things that I had wanted to see from the series, and I wish they had continued in that direction. Having two whole regions to explore was really great and allowed for lots of content. If the formula of 8 gyms were to be broken in any way, I'd want it to be similar to what HG/SS did.
Being able to have your Pokemon follow you in the overworld was a great touch. It made the game feel really alive. I doubt we'd see it in the series again, though. There are so many Pokemon now that it would be a very large amount of work to do for something purely visual.

Not to mention the amount of space it was require to model 722 + (How ever many we get in Sun/Moon) Pokemon to follow you around :P

Other then that most of what Pokemon fans want is just more content since most people who are still into Pokemon are round 20 or so now. Pretty sure people would love a hard mode and a big surprise would be a Gen where you got every single gym from every gen and their leagues. But that seems like a big finale game if that was ever the cause. That and a bunch of quality of life improvements. Like now we could be getting IV training in Sun/Moon which I am very curious about how it will be. Long as the IV's can be added and subtracted for Perfect IV spreads and Hidden Power control.

Well...

Hello again, people!!! Im here now to ask again for a pokemon code, this time for the Arceus! Because im my country even the Pokemon GO are not happening... distributions are unreachable dreams...

If someone can get an extra Arceus code for me, I will be extra happy!!!

Thanks!!!

Metafogos

NO GYM LEADERS. SOMETHING DIFFERENT. THANK ARCEUS

Dunno how I feel about the Alola-forms of older Pokemon though

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

c2ab3a955d.jpg

1b7d773af0.png

...Validity now given to the leaked image in the spoiler...

NO GYM LEADERS. SOMETHING DIFFERENT. THANK ARCEUS

Dunno how I feel about the Alola-forms of older Pokemon though
It's such a long-standing part of the formula, it just doesn't seem right to me to suddenly ditch the Pokemon League now. Especially since these trials sound so gimmicky.

Also I expect Z-moves to be a disaster. They're gonna be damn strong to justify the once per battle limitation, but that just means you can pick one opposing wall to OHKO for free.

Nah, it's cool. It'll be banned on competitive play anyway

I want that leak to not be true because if Litten evolves into a fucking Fire/Fighting thing I'm gonna be so upset.
I'm not gonna cancel my preorder but jesus fucking christ why.
You were doing good w/ Braixen's Evo that isn't as good as Braixen.

Reactions: Cattfish
They are killing it with these names though.

Bewear, Minior, Gumshoos. Amazing.

I want that leak to not be true because if Litten evolves into a fucking Fire/Fighting thing I'm gonna be so upset.
I'm not gonna cancel my preorder but jesus fucking christ why.
You were doing good w/ Braixen's Evo that isn't as good as Braixen.
Didn't the leaker claim that Captain Fire-Crotch was a Dark type, though?

It's very clearly a heel. Aka a Dark type wrestler

I doubt something that looks like a bara wrestler would be Dark Type.
Dark type's are supposed to be known for dirty fighting.

So, Fire-Crotch could be the type of wrestler that uses dirty tactics to fight, I.E. using its oily fur to make itself hard to grab, burning people with its flaming penis, licking people's elbows, ect.

NOT ANOTHER FIRE FIGHTING STARTER PLEASE!!!! (But can be a Fire/Dark who resembles a fighter...)

About the new trailer:

- I like the pokemon variants: They open new opportunity for a lot of things (and I thinking in the Breeding way). I only want know who is the rule to exeggcute became an Alola exeggutor. The Ice Ninetales are soo beautiful!!!!!!!

- I like the new dancing Bird. This game will get a lot of "forms variations". Gumshoos resembles a old and sage guy :P . The Minior thing is like a pre-evo of Solrock/Lunatone :P .

- Cool, we can ride a charizard!!! Will be the end of HMs?

- In my opinion, the challenges will not be "the new Gyms", but a new thing. More interesting things to do!!! I think we will be both the 8 classical Gyms and the 4 Challenges to do. AND I like this format!!! The challenges are longer then a gym battle, with 4 parts (challenge, the Totem Battle and the Kahuna Battle). I like the Totem Battle too: can open a lot of new type of battles; we can find special and strong wild pokemons to fight sometimes can be interesting :D

- Z moves can be interesting... but can be Wall breaks too. The difficult is choose who is the "element" you will use to get the "only use powerful move". And how the the Z moves and Megaforms work together (By the way, no Megaform hinted for Alola... will be Mega Pokemons here? Or Mega pokemons only after the league?)

(I get some interesting idea now... Maybe Alola really dont has gyms and even a league... but after all the challenges, the Alola hero can be sent to Kalos....)

This will be the dankest Pokemon game yet.

We'll be able to use both Donald Trump and Donkey from Shrek, both of which are meme-tastic.

Sooo are we not gonna talk about the Aloha vers. of older pokemon? Ya know the artic fox, the snowshrew, fuckin Palmtree dragon. Like are they going to be shown in the Pokedex as a side thing next the original? Are they going to count as the same pokemon, so can't enter a match with duel Ninetails or Sandslashes even they are technically different?

And are we not gonna talk are awesome disco pants mantis is?
lurantis.png