• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Post your last suggestions for Skullgirls Encore here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know the IGG commissions are officially making it to the gallery. I've actually been collecting those scans and adding them to my Compendium just in case they weren't.

Hmm, and now that we have some concrete being poured in here, maybe there should be a list of all of the "Nopes" so far? It probably wouldn't curb anyone's suggestions, but it might be nice for future reference.

What about my survival on all versions (please, for the love of all of Lab Zero) and Sound/Art Galleries?

I believe this was mentioned before, but the ability to kick players during the lobby countdown. This would be so very nice.

fix the send a challenge feature in lobbies. also make doubles tag faster please.

A final balance request about the Fortune c.LK change

The Fortune c.LK change makes sense while head on. She has a lot of great tools head on, like IAD j.HP/j.LK and s.HP as a poke. c.LK goes REALLY far, so I understand the whole "she has so many other tools why a long reaching safe on block poke too?" argument. I think it being +0 on block is a bit much, but whatever, you can go straight into s.HP xx L Rekka and be +0 too.

However, would it be reasonable that headless Fortune keeps the old c.LK? Headless Fortune relies a lot more on that normal in her neutral game than head on fortune does in terms of footsies and starting sandwich pressure. Headless does not have as good an air dash as head on has, and can't instantly chain into s.HP from anywhere on screen. Headless Fortune relies on grounded normals a lot more in her neutral. Would a fair compromise be letting Headless keep the old c.LK? This would further solidify the advantages/disadvantages of each version, which I think is a good thing: headless Fortune has a better ground game, while head on Fortune has a better air/defense game. If you want the better ground normals, you gotta take your head off.

I'm fine with the nerf for head on fortune, I just feel like it hits headless a bit too hard.

could we get an arcade build with coin inputs for DIY fans like myself? I want to make a cabinet.
I selfishly want to see this too but this can get abused way too easily. Unscrupulous game centers can start making money off of SG and L0 wouldn't earn a cut of the revenue.

fix the send a challenge feature in lobbies. also make doubles tag faster please.
That avatar, though.

Good to know the IGG commissions are officially making it to the gallery. I've actually been collecting those scans and adding them to my Compendium just in case they weren't.

Hmm, and now that we have some concrete being poured in here, maybe there should be a list of all of the "Nopes" so far? It probably wouldn't curb anyone's suggestions, but it might be nice for future reference.

Digital commissions will be in the gallery on a case-by-case basis. We need to get permission from each backer first and there's a chance that they will say no.

Sketches will NOT be added to the gallery because there are waaaaaay too many of them.

EDIT: I'm also going to pre-emptively say NO to "what about just some really good ones?"

Something that lets you know how much stored damage PW has?

i don't know if this was alredy suggested but here's mine

a rank system, every online win gives you points, if you win points enough you go from "D RANK" to "C RANK"
ranks from D to SSS
(D-C-B-A-S-SS-SSS)
i know that its kinda lame but this can be used to develop a search option that you can battle only people from the rank that you want
beacuse not everyone likes to be a free kill

Since you're already adding a fully-voiced story mode to 2nd Encore, why don't you put in some character interactions in the earlier, less-plot dense Story Modes? (Peacock could interact with Painwheel in the latter's tale, for example.)

Were we ever going to get more Titles for lobbies? Like we have lobby names for the original 8 members of the cast, but nothing for the dlc characters.

Reactions: Apex
What about my survival on all versions (please, for the love of all of Lab Zero) and Sound/Art Galleries?
Art gallery already exists, and there's a BGM select within it.

Since you're already adding a fully-voiced story mode to 2nd Encore, why don't you put in some character interactions in the earlier, less-plot dense Story Modes? (Peacock could interact with Painwheel in the latter's tale, for example.)
Big fat nope.

I'd like to see Filia's unused time-out loss animation retooled for Fukua.

Specifically, the animation remains the same right up to the frame where Fukua's buttons pop off, but instead of covering herself up in embarrassment, she explodes into a bunch of glowing orbs like Mega Man, leaving nothing but the two buttons on the ground. The explosion of orbs could look either symmetrical (just like Mega Man) or the orbs could have more randomized directions.

Reactions: tilopud_rye
I'd like to see Filia's unused time-out loss animation retooled for Fukua.

Specifically, the animation remains the same right up to the frame where Fukua's buttons pop off, but instead of covering herself up in embarrassment, she explodes into a bunch of glowing orbs like Mega Man, leaving nothing but the two buttons on the ground. The explosion of orbs could look either symmetrical (just like Mega Man) or the orbs could have more randomized directions.

That animation will never be put in the game in any form whatsoever. Sorry.

The reduced time that you get after killing your opponent means you can no longer play a song with Big Band. Please make some kind of exception for him, because that was really unique and fun. It was one of those little things that made Skullgirls special in my eyes.

Most of these suggestions have been quickly shot down for last-minute details, but I think a lot of them would work really well for the potential Skullgirls sequel. Especially this one:

Make the trials BGM Disco Ballz. if possible~~

Wow, no

Seconding Robo's lasers torching Peacock's cMK ant
Robo's s.HK can snap Fortune's Head but doesn't do the snap =p Cause that'd make some interesting Robo/Fortune step ups =p

Last edited:
Disco Ballz

I love this track. LOVE this track. And might love Brenton to a dangerous and unhealthy degree.

Yes, we'll consider it if we ever get to do SG2.

No, it will not be in Skullgirls/Skullgirls Encore/Skullgirls 2nd Encore. Everyone please move on from Disco Ballz already.

Is balancing locked down because I would really like to see resets encouraged more, I don't think the current scaling or meter gain is harsh enough.

I can't say whether or not it's locked down (not because I won't, just because I don't know) but I really doubt there is time to be testing that kind of thing at this stage of development, and I'm pretty sure adjustments like those aren't under consideration.

Art gallery already exists, and there's a BGM select within it.
I see no art gallery/BGM gallery in the PS3 version... Not everyone has the PC version.
Sorry, I dont mean to sound rude, please don't take it that way.

serbibal mode tho

I feel like Squigly should have a response to Fortune's death quote: "But we're the same..."
Maybe:
"No...we are not the same." Or something like that.

serbibal mode tho
Check out the news. Survival Mode is one of the many fantastic features of 2nd Encore.

a rank system, every online win gives you points, if you win points enough you go from "D RANK" to "C RANK"
ranks from D to SSS
(D-C-B-A-S-SS-SSS)
i know that its kinda lame but this can be used to develop a search option that you can battle only people from the rank that you want
beacuse not everyone likes to be a free kill

The popularity of the manual Danisen leagues (PC - EU PC - PS3 - XB360) are evidence of a strong interest for a ranking system. However, I fear any kind of ranking system may be very complicated and too time-consuming to implement. I know nothing of game design and programming so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But if something is possible, I'd like it to be considered.

Reactions: SmashBlade
I see no art gallery/BGM gallery in the PS3 version... Not everyone has the PC version.
Sorry, I dont mean to sound rude, please don't take it that way.

serbibal mode tho
If I recall correctly, it's being added with the final patch, along with the Lobbies.

If I recall correctly, it's being added with the final patch, along with the Lobbies.

Survival or Art/Sound?

Check out the news. Survival Mode is one of the many fantastic features of 2nd Encore.

Survival mode for all versions, seriously I don't have money for a PS4 or Vita and the fact that arcade and story last like 5 minutes with no problem other than Marie on nightmare is incredibly boring.

Art gallery and lobbies are going to consoles, they've said as much. In this very thread, in fact

Begging wont get PS4/Vita features into the PS360 versions. They might be DLC for PC as they said in the past.

Reactions: Tompson
Begging wont get PS4/Vita features into the PS360 versions. They might be DLC for PC as they said in the past.
Art gallery and lobbies are going to consoles, they've said as much. In this very thread, in fact

Seems I've irked some people, I'll shut up. Sorry.

I don't think so. I think several people are just responding at once.

To clarify for you, though, Art Gallery and the BGM select that is part of it will be coming to ALL PLATFORMS. It will be in the patch update that comes out alongside Robo Fortune. This has been a long time coming, so people are just surprised you didn't already know about it. That's all. No big deal. :)

Survival Mode is being added for 2nd Encore (i.e. PS4/Vita) and will likely be made available as paid DLC for the PC version. It will not be coming to PS3 or 360.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Yeah, I would like to be able to access Mike's loading screens in some way.

I don't think so. I think several people are just responding at once.
Pretty much this. I'm used to answering questions alot and the one you asked is fffaaarrrr from my "wtf is this annoying crap" line. You just was curious and I was being helpful ^_^

Everyone please move on from Disco Ballz already.
But Captain, what about Schmeebop? Did Schmeebop make it out okay?

Post #228? I believe that's the first I've heard of them. Lobbies sounds pretty interesting. Good to know.

Since a lot of people are confused about what is and isn't feasible for Lab Zero to do in a couple of weeks, I've amended the OP with some new guidelines.

Yours truly said:
*DO* Suggest:
  • Minor quality-of-life improvements or fixes that would not significantly alter the game.

*DON'T* Suggest:
  • Significant gameplay alterations. We are in the final days of the Endless Beta, there is no time to play-test major character tweaks. 99% of these won't be considered.
  • Anything that requires additional voice acting, such as new lines. All character lines have been recorded, including ones you haven't yet heard: there are no more recording sessions planned, so don't ask for new voice acting.
  • Anything that requires a large amount of work by multiple people, such as new game modes, new animations, new characters (don't be that guy), etc. There's simply no time for any of this.

Quality of life changes
You should probably define this, some people don't understand the term it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.