• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo-Fortune Combo Thread

Reaction score
Robo Fortune Double
Robo-Fortune Combo Thread.

Robo-Fortune can cancel her aerials into a double jump by hitting jump when something is blocked or it hits.
This is called a Double Jump Cancel which I will write as DJC.

Robo-Fortune previously had Air Dash Cancels like Filia and Fortune.
These were removed but there are still combos in the first pages of the thread that have them, they will be marked as invalid.

2017 EDIT:
All of Robo's damage has been adjusted for the newest and final version of Skullgirls, which was released in Jan 2017.
The videos do not reflect the correct damage, but the numbers listed in the post do.

You can find the new combos using her current Double Jump Cancels starting at this post:
http://skullheart.com/index.php?threads/robo-fortune-combo-thread.6797/page-2#post-248208

-

If you land an air grab, you can immediately cancel it into a double jump and then land and do a very very short dash into cMP to pick up into any midscreen BnB as long as it doesn't use OTG.
For Big Band and Double, you don't have to dash.
Here is a video for the grab conversion: [VIDEO]
The timing is very tricky on Cerebella, for her I double jump cancel the air grab and then use jHK steering downwards into a modified BnB.
cLK sMP sMK cHP
jLK jMK jHK (Steer Down)
s[MP] sMK cHP
jLP jMK jHK (Steer Down)
sLK s[MP]
sLP sLP s[MP] sMK sHP x H Danger xx Cannon

[VIDEO]
cLK cMP sMK cHP
jLK jMK DJC
jLK jMK
cMP sMK cHP
jMP jHK DJC
jLP jHK

[VIDEO]
cLK cMP sMK cHP
jMK jHK DJC
jMK jHK
s[MP] cHP
jMP jHK DJC
jLK jMP

[VIDEO]
cLK cMP sMK cHP
jHP x H Beam
DJ jLK jMP x H Beam
\/ /\ jLP jMP x H Beam
sLP sLP sHP x H Danger
OTG sLK s[MP] sMK sHP x H Danger xx Cannon

Last edited:
[This combo is out of date and no longer works]

I didn't see any and I wanted to post this.
c.lk c.mk c.hp j.mk j.hp air dash j.mk
s.lk c.mk c.hp j.mp j.mk j.hp air dash j.hk
s.lpx2 s.mp c.mk s.hp

Does 6.2k

EDIT: This combo was from early beta, look at later pages for modern combos.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the air hard punches.

I like this char.

Came up with this after some hours

(I love j.mp)

EDIT: Works on everyone with some minor timing ajustments

you can use s.lp to trigger the undizzy before s.hp, but it will be tighter to do anything afterwards, perhaps a low/throw mixup is possible.

Just a fragment, but I hope it helps. Tried on Cock, Filia and Double to show that works on almost everyone, you just have to adjust the timing of certain moves:

Reactions: Eetrexx
All the air hard punches.

Unwritten rule that all R.Fortune vids should have at least one
floating head included

There isn't a tech thread so I thought I would put this here for peeps to test(I don't have a PC but I've been thinking about stuff):

Cr.HP>j.HK>air dash>j.LP>wait a bit>j.HK (steer it down to the other side for a cross up maybe)

Reactions: Rakurin
My day 1 combo

Here's a Mid Screen Assist kill combo with Robo, works on every character except...Robo Fortune herself. Its not too bad when you get the idea of crossing under with the jHK.

Here's one on Robo fortune assist. This one is more complicated but still possible.

Can I just make a suggestion that I think the best confirm right now is:

2LK 2MP 5MK

This leaves you +3 on block and doesn't kill scaling.

I'm seeing a lot of 2LK 2MK, which is HORRIBLE. Robo has no safe heavies to chain into and from most ranages 2MK itself is horribly unsafe too.

2LK is short range anyway, 2LK 2MP 5MK work from max range easily. No reason for 2MK unless someone wants to tell me what it is? She has 2 mediums that are + on block so 2MK seems a poor choice.

Anyway, keep the combo routes coming, I've been trying out some rejump stuff.

2LK 2MP 5MK 2HP
j.HP xx ADG
j.LP j.MK
2MK 2HP
j.MP j.HK
rejump
j.LK j.MK j.HK
5LP LP 5MP 2MK 5HP (maybe 5HK is better as an ender)

6013 damage

I think the j.MK j.HP xx adf j.MK string is optimal, but it is hard on some characters and I can't figure out how to get it to not randomly trigger IPS?

c.mk does does more damage than s.mk (I think it's c.mk:900 to s.mk:550) but it's mostly just habit. I'm pretty sure it triggers when you dash before j.hp hits. I think it can be solved by doing j.hp xx adf j.mk slightly slower if it keeps triggering IPS.

The problem is if you delay after j.HP it doesn't seem to work on heavies at all, hmmm.

It doing 350 more damage (pretty much a light kick worth of damage) is a pretty terribly reason when you can be -10 on block at best out of it from a 2LK starter haha.

Should get in the habit of learning good strings for each cahracter.

2LK 2MK is pretty bad for most characters, in fact, especially characters like Robo, Filia, Fukua etc that have a much better option right there staring you in the face.

She's new so give me a break.
I try to delay the first j.mk so that I don't go as high up and have a better window for the link.
I have only really had some trouble on doing it on Robo-Fortune since linking it on her requires slightly different timing.

I just do c.LK > c.MP as a hitconfirm and chain into c.MK > c.HP if it hits. I'll chain into s.MK if I don't see the c.MP hit. Seems to be optimal for damage off a c.LK confirm anyway.

Reactions: Tomo009
Experimented with some things but turns out it wasn't really worth the effort.

2LK 2MP 5MK
5LK 2MK 2HP
j.MK j.HK
5MP 5MK 2HP
j.MP j.HK
5LP LP 5MP 2MK 5HP

5767, so it looks cool but not really worth it over basic stuff.

I think the j.MK j.HP xx adf j.MK string is optimal, but it is hard on some characters and I can't figure out how to get it to not randomly trigger IPS?

The most consistent way for me is to delay my jump after the launcher. IPS is triggering because you are airdashing before the j.HP actually connects with the opponent I think.

Reactions: Triblue
I wouldn't worry about frame advantage on block right now because R. Fortune is still incomplete. Maybe she can get a special that can be used in a blockstring and is safe on block.

Can I just make a suggestion that I think the best confirm right now is:

2LK 2MP 5MK

This leaves you +3 on block and doesn't kill scaling.

I'm seeing a lot of 2LK 2MK, which is HORRIBLE. Robo has no safe heavies to chain into and from most ranages 2MK itself is horribly unsafe too.
Just cancel into her safe special move (once she has one)

I just do c.LK > c.MP as a hitconfirm and chain into c.MK > c.HP if it hits. I'll chain into s.MK if I don't see the c.MP hit. Seems to be optimal for damage off a c.LK confirm anyway.
Ah yeah, that would be the intelligent thing to do.
She's new so give me a break.
I try to delay the first j.mk so that I don't go as high up and have a better window for the link.
I have only really had some trouble on doing it on Robo-Fortune since linking it on her requires slightly different timing.
What I do (and I suggest it pretty strongly, it is really helpful for people like me who suck at hitconfirming) is always combo craft with random block on, so I have to hitconfirm every single time I try something new. If it is blocked I make sure I do whatever I should be doing on block.

Adding things like this seem annoying but it REALLY helps me when it comes to an actual game.

The most consistent way for me is to delay my jump after the launcher. IPS is triggering because you are airdashing before the j.HP actually connects with the opponent I think.
Ooh thanks, this is really working for me more than just delaying j.MK.

Ok something new then.

2LK 2MP 2MK 2HP
j.MK j.HP xx ADF
j.MK
5LK 2MK 2HP
j.MP j.HK
5MP 5MK
5LP LP 5MP 2MK 5HP

6397 damage

I love this stage where we have simple tools and can just make slight optimisations as we go.

Just cancel into her safe special move (once she has one)
PBGC though.

I used to have that attitude, then I started to get punished for "safe on block" moves every time. Using a + on block normal allows you to be safe from PBGC, react to pushblocks for better pressure and just give your pressure more looks in general.

Only having the 3/4 normals into safe special look to your pressure gets PBGC'd every single time.

Oh fuck, is this why Peacock j.HK ADC j.HK triggers IPS sometimes and not others? I have not been able to figure out the logic behind that, but I think this might be it. Thanks!

s.lp s.mp s.lk s.hp im trying to string these buttons inputs together do they work

s.lp s.mp s.lk s.hp im trying to string these buttons inputs together do they work

That's because 5LK 5HP doesn't combo on chain.

I don't get it, why are you trying to do that?

EDIT: As a doubter of Robo keeping her air dash, I found a route with none.

2LK 2MP 2MK 2HP
j.MK
j.LP j.MK
2MK 2HP
j.MP j.HK
rejump
j.LK j.MK j.HK
5LP LP 5MP 2MK 5HP

6199 damage and could fit another light somewhere in the undizzy limit, I'll work on that

Last edited:

bit tricky but decent damage.

I havn't checked for it being at all universal, but I optimized some of what was already here for against Filia/Fukua. Nearly 6.6k midscreen before the snapback followup, slightly more than 6.6k in the corner.

Some stuff after fooling around

Overhead

Just to let you know, j.HP isn't an overhead.

I havn't checked for it being at all universal, but I optimized some of what was already here for against Filia/Fukua. Nearly 6.6k midscreen before the snapback followup, slightly more than 6.6k in the corner.

How are you getting the jump after the first j.hk? For some reason robo jumps too high and the j.mp whiffs, but i press it as soon as jumping starts?

How are you getting the jump after the first j.hk? For some reason robo jumps too high and the j.mp whiffs, but i press it as soon as jumping starts?

Delay the j.LK before that first j.HK so that they fly higher from the launcher. Not too much though, or you won't be able to land the final hit of j.HK right as you land.

Here's my universal robo combo. The ender (5HK, 2HK) makes sense to me based on how Mike described her playstyle, but I guess we'll see as she progresses.

2LK > 2MK > 2HP (slight delay) /\
j.MK > j.HP IAD j.LP > j.MK \/
2MP > 2HP /\
j.MP(5) > j.HK(6) (after 1st hit, hold 2) \/
5LPx2 > 5MP(4) > 5MK > 5HK,
2HK (might have use later, for now it's swag)

I found a ground throw conversion that only works in the corner. To my knowledge, it's universal, but havent tried on every character yet. On double and big band, timing from throw to c.mk is very tight to ensure the launch.

4.3-4.5k
throw, c.mk, c.hp
j.mk, ADC, j.mk j.hp
s.lk, c.mk, c.hp
j.mp, j.hk
s.mp, s.mk, s.lpX2, s.mp, c.mk, s.hp

some of you guys here might be able to optimize this better than I have, can't hit j.hp adc j.mk to save my life, so damage could be better

Reactions: mcpeanuts
A quick throw follow-up combo

Pretty similar to triblue's original combo I just find S.MK easier and more consistent than the C.MK after the S.MP for the finisher

on another note made on a poopy laptop.

Since there are now blue and gold bursts, which make it really easy to tell, I figure I should point out that of your three burst baits, only the first one is an actual burst bait. The other two are safe bursts.

Out of curiosity to any one, why is that third burst bait safe? I know why the second is, but the third looks like it should be legit to me. I know I'm missing something stupid basic here, but for the life of me, I can't come up with it.

Out of curiosity to any one, why is that third burst bait safe? I know why the second is, but the third looks like it should be legit to me. I know I'm missing something stupid basic here, but for the life of me, I can't come up with it.
The j.HP one? If so, j.HP is a projectile and bursting a projectile makes your burst safe.