• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo Fortune Discussion

I'm glad that not every character in that game, or this game, require some unique resource in order to utilize some of their moves but it's something that I do like and has been absent from Skullgirls.
Eliza: "I'm bleeding, making me the victor."

I'm glad that not every character in that game, or this game, require some unique resource in order to utilize some of their moves
As am I, it really makes characters like Robo and Squigly stand out, which is nice, and it makes for interesting balance.

Valentine
Her vials? That's the only resource I can think of. Also, I had a question about something you said in the stream, you said Big Band had some Third Strike in him, is that limited to parry, taunt, Q's dropkick or is there more?

Is the grab super actually supposed to do 1512 at max scaling?

Is the grab super actually supposed to do 1512 at max scaling?
Since it deals 2750 unscaled, we can see that 1512 is 55%
55% minimum scaling is what applies to Lvl5s

I presume this to be a copypaste error

I would be exceptionally happy if it wasn't, since ending in Beam super is just a free bar for the opponent 8[

Magnet in this combo is the 12th hit, and would thus normally deal 827 damage, rather than the 1512 (almost twice as much!) in your video. Just to keep in mind.

E: I also have to admit I don't really understand this thing..
It is just a jumpin, then groundstring + damage assist + super, then DHC Install and a full Painwheel combo.
Can't every character do this to at least very similar effects?

Magnet in this combo is the 12th hit, and would thus normally deal 827 damage, rather than the 1512 (almost twice as much!) in your video. Just to keep in mind.

E: I also have to admit I don't really understand this thing..
It is just a jumpin, then groundstring + damage assist + super, then DHC Install and a full Painwheel combo.
Can't every character do this to at least very similar effects?
eh I was just doing stuff for giggles, not really trying to do anything optimal. and yes but maybe not as easy. I know with band it is rather hard to convert off of Timpani Drive, this was really just to show that it is easy to convert off of magnet

Last edited:
Magnet now being a DP motion is a nice change.

can we have specific head drone numbers for head drone assists?

:QCB::LP::LK: will summon one head if she has none then the next time she's called she'll do the head ram thing.
:QCB::MP::LK: will have her summon 1 head at a time if she had none until she has 2 heads then she can use the head ram until she has none left.
:QCB::HP::LK: she does the above but for 3 heads.

basically the :P: used will determine how many heads she must have before she uses the actual assist that's determined by the :K: used.

unless having multiple drones ready changes aspects of the :QCB::LK: and :QCB::MK: versions like the :QCB::HK: does then disregard what i said above.

Magnet now being a DP motion is a nice change.
Did that change in todays patch? I'm at work and can't check, but I see that it is not listed in the changelist update over in PC Beta Updates Discussion thread

Did that change in todays patch? I'm at work and can't check, but I see that it is not listed in the changelist update over in PC Beta Updates Discussion thread
It is listed as a DP in the Movelist now, dunno if it was before.
It accepts both DP as well as QCF as an input, though (just like it did before)

I love the Laser sounds! all the new sounds!! Maybe tone down the hit effect for the laser though.. it's really loud.

and Isa is right. It accepts both QCF and DP styled input. Would be nice if it stayed QCF personally..

cool thanks, the move itself makes sense to be a DP, at least to me it does. However, I like the QCF motion because it's a tad easier to do the QCB+K xx QCF+KK motion for a Mine lay xx Super instead of having to do DP for Super.

I love the Laser sounds! all the new sounds!! Maybe tone down the hit effect for the laser though.. it's really loud.
The 8-bit style sounds are all really neat. I like them.

"Robo only tries to grab when the K button is released."

Really not liking this change... I keep missing grabs now. I either let go too soon or too late (too late keeps making them recover or even get clipped by an extra attack I had set up)

From what little I can tell I much prefer this change, as it seems easier to get combos now..
Grabbing is still no problem, but stuff like [Throw xx Magnet, release, cLK cHP] felt super hard previously and is doable now

I don't really understand the line though, since Robo still grabs when I keep holding the K buttons
Eg Pointblank vs Filia, sHK xx Magnet - hold KK, Filia will get pulled, fly behind Robo, then get pulled up, fly beyond Robo, then get grabbed.

... Robo still grabs when I keep holding the K buttons
After 90 frames, it does the grab attempt no matter what. You can't hold it forever.

Reactions: IsaVulpes
Head missiles are delayed, so you get to do things in between your call and them coming down;
Entirely different applications to a Beam which just hits them (or not) and you can't act at any point

A basic use is eg to activate Drones, then dash up to the opponent and do a High/Low/Throw/Crossup -
If they reversal, you are still pretty safe since Drones will now come down and hit them out of their potential followup.

Another trick is when you have 2-3 Heads to activate Drones, slight delay xx Beam Super;
If the opponent blocks the beam they will recover right as the Drones are coming down, which makes them unable to punish.

"Robo only tries to grab when the K button is released."
Really not liking this change... I keep missing grabs now. I either let go too soon or too late (too late keeps making them recover or even get clipped by an extra attack I had set up)
You'll get used to it. :^) It felt weird the first time I played Tager too, but it allows you to do a lot more with the magnetism by whiffing.

I asked this in the beta topic but I guess it would be better to do so here.

Can we try having the robo head commands cancel into each other like peacock can with George?

You'll get used to it. :^) It felt weird the first time I played Tager too, but it allows you to do a lot more with the magnetism by whiffing.
Yeah, when I was gearing up for the video I did see plenty of magnetic shenanigans that can stem from a quick pull from the super.

It seems like the projectile from an LK drone (Headrone RAM) assist will vanish if you outpace it enough so that it falls off screen. Calling it before M-Brass will give you nothing and cost a head if you’re far enough away. This has happened even if I waited till after the head flashed and started its animation before doing brass, a-train, or dashing with Valentine. Mines and kitten moussiles don’t seem to have the same problem.

Reactions: old_gus
I asked this in the beta topic but I guess it would be better to do so here.

Can we try having the robo head commands cancel into each other like peacock can with George?
Off the top of my head that would require some serious balancing. Imagine robo being able to lay a mine, fire a kamikaze, and have hidden missiles all coming out on the screen at nearly the same time... Perfect screen coverage for little risk and no meter. Doesn't seem like a GREAT idea at first glance unless the actual projectiles are nerfed in some way to compensate.

I think a better idea might be to mame the initial headcall a bit faster. Maybe. But right now, the mechanic seem to be in a very good place IMHO. You can summon 2 heads for free on a kill and summon any attack while calling out an AA assist. It's not the hardest tactic to introduce to the game ATM imho, so it doesn't seem necessary to buff it.
Remember that you get a full volley of hidden missiles for 1 head. The only thing that improves over more heads for kitten missiles is tracking and if you call out a mine and a kamikaze before the missiles then the tracking Mensa much less since you are controlling so much of the screen with kamikaze already.

And finally, even one head of kitten missiles xx super makes robos beam super basically safe on block... So 1 head out and the opponent has to be pretty wary of calling an assist and not getting it robo nuked.

Off the top of my head that would require some serious balancing. Imagine robo being able to lay a mine, fire a kamikaze, and have hidden missiles all coming out on the screen at nearly the same time...

The hidden missile uses all available heads, so you couldn't do that. I'd be perfect if you only got a one cancel, so you could fire a head and cover your tracks with a mine at the same time, or use and mine/kamikaze and then use the other one or two for missiles to enhance your lockdown. It makes perfect sense and wouldn't be any more OP than Peacock's bomb cancels, especially since she has to find the space to fire all those heads back out again.

Last edited:
The hidden missile uses all available heads, so you couldn't do that. I'd be perfect if you only got a one cancel, so you could fire a head and cover your tracks with a mine at the same time, or use and mine/kamikaze and then use the other one or two for missiles to enhance your lockdown. It makes perfect sense and wouldn't be any more OP than Peacock's bomb cancels, especially since she has to find the space to fire all those heads back out again.

All "available" heads is the key here.

You use kamikaze and mine first, as I said in my post for a reason, you are left with one available head that can be called last for hidden missiles :) a non tracking hidden missiles, but you have kamikaze and mine controlling space before the missiles come out.

And this can be down with only 2 heads as well. Call out mine or kamikaze, then call out hidden missiles. Or if you have 3 missiles you can kamikaze and the have level 2 missiles out in screen... Pretty strong while robo is layering you and running around crossing you up with her jhk super jump rushdown right before missiles makes contact.

On death kill robo can summon a head and then call level 1 missiles to lockdown the opponent that is coming in, and then call another head while the opponent is locked down... And various stuff like that. The mechanic seems very good right now IMHO. Not necessarily super spammable, but robo fortune can make the opponent second guess moving forward at which point in time she can call a head for free and therefor have a level 1 missile threatened, via neutral alone with no setup or combo needed.

Last edited:
and how is that any different than a Box Car George/ George Air Show with a Shadow? hmmm? it's the same type of lock down.

and how is that any different than a Box Car George/ George Air Show with a Shadow? hmmm? it's the same type of lock down.

Because it's a different character. Shadow only affects one part of the screen and doesn't lockdown like missiles.

R fortune can already play rather good keepaway without her missiles and stuff. Just laser spam and running jhk goes a long way already. And you want give her spammable mines and missiles and bombs for complete screen control and chip?

Doesn't seem at all balanced to me. But I mean I could be super wrong, but my knee jerk reaction is that what is being asked for is super oppressive.

She already has things that no other character in the cast has, such as a viable way to pressure the upper opposite end of the screen with her aerial beams, and the ability for her jhk runaway, and her keepaway is really fast and she has a great forward dash and backdash.

I could be completely wrong, but Robo seems like "I have full screen tools that can also be used for combos" as opposed to a Peacock-like zoning wall.

Which would make sense, with all the GG influence.

do you forget that the lazors are horrible negative on block and not very positive on hit [hold on some lazors are negitive on hit too so yeah.]. She could try to do a run away with lazors but if the opponent is half screen distance away from her then they can close the gap pretty fast and at that point throwing out a lazor is just too risky. Any character can rush her down easy if a lazor is blocked or armored thru making her current keepaway with just lazors very weak. Now vs another keepaway character that's another story... Robo's lazors can cut thru peacock's Georges' like butter. Her backdash is the same to Fortune's and can be used to do a sudo keepaway like peacock.

Besides the start up of any of the headcalls are 50, 65, and 80 frames respectively, now peacock's start up frames on the Georges are 36, 39, 36. Peacock is far faster [even if you chain the george calls it comes out to 50 frames.] and giving Robo Fortune to cancle out of one her head calls into one of her other ones would be alright due to the large start up that each move has.

Also her Heads are not good combo tools at full screen the only two that would be okay would be full kitten missiles and a Kamekaze into lazor super confirm. But that's just me. I feel like the kamekaze is used more for a crossup after a hard knock down via an assist. Same can go for the Missiles. The Mine is just there for back up sorta like how George's day out can be and how it can cover peacock's butt in some unsafe situations.

FWIW I think Remikz's idea is alright and will try it, and I disagree with Dime. You'd still have the recovery of head call, which is longer than George by a lot.

cool thanks man. This might be interesting, and if the lock down is too much, then well... shoot...

Besides the start up of any of the headcalls are 50, 65, and 80 frames respectively, now peacock's start up frames on the Georges are 36, 39, 36. Peacock is far faster [even if you chain the george calls it comes out to 50 frames.] and giving Robo Fortune to cancle out of one her head calls into one of her other ones would be alright due to the large start up that each move has.

I think I wasn't clear. This is a good idea, in my opinion, I would like something for more projectiles faster, I just don't think she's the same thing as Peacock in terms of zoning though.

do you forget that the lazors are horrible negative on block and not very positive on hit. She could try to do a run away with lazors but if the opponent is half screen distance away from her then they can close the gap pretty fast and at that point throwing out a lazor is just too risky. Any character can rush her down easy if a lazor is blocked or armored thru making her current keepaway with just lazors very weak. Now vs another keepaway character that's another story... Robo's lazors can cut thru peacock's Georges' like butter. Her backdash is the same to Fortune's and can be used to do a sudo keepaway like peacock.

Also her Heads are not good combo tools at full screen the only two that would be okay would be full kitten missiles and a Kamekaze into lazor super confirm. But that's just me. I feel like the kamekaze is used more for a crossup after a hard knock down via an assist. Same can go for the Missiles. The Mine is just there for back up sorta like how George's day out can be and how it can cover peacock's butt in some unsafe situations.

We can chalk it up as a difference of opinion I guess.

The lasers are minus on block, sure. But they also hit fullscreen very quickly and can be done in the air and knock back big time on both block and hit. Incidentally, if she hits with l laser and then immediately does m laser and the opponent jumped, the opponent is forced to to block the m laser as well.

Also, she is no slouch on offense and has good frame traps and her offense is setup by the opponent trying to get in, and she can always just super jump jhk runaway over the opponents head and the comedown with jmpor jhp to protect herself, then continue to run away. If she's approached via double jump she can easily run under and reset spacing. She's not easy to get in on in many matchups. Perhaps val and filia can do it well, but they do that to every zoned so... Yeah. As it is though the matchup is already feeling like 7-3 or worse for BB and not exceptionally good for pw either and probably more characters.

I'm really glad about the cancels, I don't think it will make them too powerful at all, we can always test this stuff.

Mine xx kamikaze might actually be a really nice zoning pattern.

I was a bit dubious on the head resource but now very excited to try this out.

Yeah, I'm using her now as well. Whether she comes out busted or not therefor isn't that big a problem for me. I can already use her well without combos or anything and her assist says no to other assist calls for like the entire duration and that makes it one of if not the best assists in the game since it just beats the literal crap out of every assist at range. You can do some funky stuff with it like use the assist as the easiest meaty in the world against waking opponents (they reversal and eat beam) and pw has one of her best left/right resets off the assist that I've seen.

*hears sounds for Robo* I love the sound effects for her, the 8-bit one especially just sounds so... retro-robotic (loss of better words) that would fit for like a old Atari game. Hell I'll probably call those missiles "Moussle Command" just cause lol. Makes me more eager to fire projectiles than necessary >w<

Dime are you aware Big Band can punish Beam on HIT from halfscreen away with SSJ

Yeah, something like L xx M xx H Head sounds like it may give decent screen coverage, but this took you THREE SECONDS of setting up and then it is GONE (very unlike Peacock who can just cycle her patterns from roundstart and without any problem)

Can I see some of this ominous Australia Robo play that makes you believe she is in any danger of becoming busted soon