• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo Fortune Discussion

Could we to get back some of the air mobility she lost? I know that was removed because of assist abuse but since double jumps no longer allow assists can we try having more flight again?

Last edited:
The buff to mines has me crying hard.

The not-going-away when she gets hit, the not-being-destroyed by H Giant Step like every other projectile, the eating through armor, the merriment, the peanut, the patrick

Last edited:
Also means Bella can't do any run-stops to get in if there's a mine in the way, I wonder if she can reflect the explosion?

yup she can totally reflect a mine. just got to be right ontop of that thing to make it work.

Reactions: dMags
The not-going-away when she gets hit, the not-being-destoyed by H Giant Step like every other projectile, the eating through armor, the merriment, the peanut, the patrick
I assume it's a bug that they don't get destroyed by H Giant Step. That can't be right.

Reactions: Wenzel
I'm pretty sure it's intentional since, once laid, it's Monster except with a projectile explosion. No projectile kills it (including H Step's quake.)

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
Not going away when Robo gets hit and eating through armor is kind of the point of the move, it's a great defensive tool. Not sure about the H Step though.

I think it's too strong as is, especially if you can lay more than one mine at a time. This is what Beta is for though, let it rock for a little while and see how it shapes up

Reactions: Cheesedragon
I think it's too strong as is, especially if you can lay more than one mine at a time. This is what Beta is for though, let it rock for a little while and see how it shapes up
The mines go away fairly quickly and she needs to summon heads to lay more. If she's either summoning or laying down a mine (or any other head move) and one's already out, H Step her. You won't get any damage off it (unless you lvl3?), but you prevent her from doing anything for a while and waste mine time in the process. Her timing is gone and you'll be able to move in, preventing her from laying more.

yeah but that's only for Big Band, and she could also just not try and lay down another mine. It's way too early to really tell how good or bad it is, I was just giving my initial opinion.

I think there's more to consider than that alone, like the fact she has to make the time to summon the head. It's risk/reward.

I agree there is a ton more to consider than that alone, that was just one thing I was thinking about at the time. With the right strategy you can work in time to summon heads. Obviously this is a specific example and doesn't apply to everybody, but with Hornet Bomber/H Brass assist, you could end a combo with assist call and summon heads. This gives you plenty of time for the head summon + positioning.

I think it would defeat the purpose of having a trap move (of which I think there are only three right now) if they didn't persist upon taking damage.

Mine seems fair due to the fact that it only lasts for 6 seconds and requires a head call.

Head cancels also seem fine since she can't do them constantly like Peacock's Georges, so I'd be curious to see how this tests.

The buff to mines has me crying hard.
You could always not cancel into SSJ and she just took 1750 damage for free and wasted 2 seconds on nothing
Or CH her out of trying to do this in the first place, since the shit has impossibly long startup (and unlike Brass, you can totally GStep while moving forward)

Was the Robo Fortune laserbeam sound inspired by Power Puff girls?
Second sound at 0:06
If this isn't the right place to post feel free to delete.

but can we keep the 8-bit sounds that you made? Or atleast have it mixed in with the final sound? pls? I'm a huge sucker for 8-Bit

I am so sad mines no longer break armor. Oh well, hopefully the buffs will be a good trade off.

They still break armor.
They just go away when she gets hit.
My mistake, that's what I was upset about, I can't believe that happened, I liked being able to prevent punishes so easily, especially since we're never getting a reversal.

"Robo only tries to grab when the K button is released."

Really not liking this change... I keep missing grabs now. I either let go too soon or too late (too late keeps making them recover or even get clipped by an extra attack I had set up)

Damn, that's why it keeps missing now. I'm fine with it, it encourages magnet shenanigans rather than just using it for the damage.

I don't really understand the need to make mines go away when RF gets hit. They're static so it's not like George walking towards Peacock where it's just a big problem you have to deal with and even if you hit Peacock and you carry her to the corner you still need to deal with it later, and AFAIK most characters could just do a run up throw or even a run up 1 hit into launch to hit RF in the middle before she could lay the mine down because mine was pretty slow on startup. Was it really that big a problem?

Hi, some things

- sMP won't combo into cHP if one chains on the wrong frame
- sHP won't combo into Beam super if one cancels on the wrong frame

- cMP having vacuum would be really cool.. it is like "the same" normal as Peacock cMK who got it, so hey! We have a 'precedent'
Would make her 'default blockstring' (cLK cMP sMK cHP) less super prone to whiffing

- Is it intended that Beo lifts off the ground high enough during his Command Grab to go straight over mines?

---

Obviously I haven't touched it yet, but I feel if Detonate Mode is supposed to play a large role in Robo play, it should cost 2 Meters?
I don't know if this would be too strong, but if it was then *it sounds to me* like I'd rather have a weakened Detonate @2 Bars;

3 Meter + lowered Metergain during it just makes it hard to get out and very hard to use more than once
+ she will spend even further bars on things such as Beam xx Magnet during the Install
+ her defence is likely too bad for her to function as a proper anchor, so she has less meter to work with in the first place

2 Bars would be in line with other 'Installs' (Hatred Install, Catheads), which one can use pretty reliably and has a good shot at getting out twice

---

E: Almost forgot: Many many thanks for the Varia Suit Ice Beam change! <3

Last edited:
Reactions: Dime
They still break armor.
They just go away when she gets hit.
Damn all of you for complaining about that.
It had nothing to do with complaints? Why do people ALWAYS do that?
Giving it all the stuff it got, it was really pretty stupid to keep it around. All you have to do is block properly for 1 hit...

- cMP having vacuum would be really cool.. it is like "the same" normal as Peacock cMK who got it, so hey! We have a 'precedent'
Would make her 'default blockstring' (cLK cMP sMK cHP) less super prone to whiffing
It's always possible to do a different string that whiffs less rather than asking the developer to change the game so the thing you do works better.

- Is it intended that Beo lifts off the ground high enough during his Command Grab to go straight over mines?
Nope.

I feel if Detonate Mode is supposed to play a large role in Robo play, it should cost 2 Meters?
Nope.

+ her defence is likely too bad for her to function as a proper anchor, so she has less meter to work with in the first place
This makes no sense? Anchors come with meter, and work if they function well with meter. Detmode is a free out at least once, and a free pressure reset, and a free reversal, as well as being a very good reset tool since even if they reversal you still win.

2 Bars would be in line with other 'Installs' (Hatred Install, Catheads), which one can use pretty reliably and has a good shot at getting out twice
They also aren't designed as Lv3s. In fact they were designed as Lv1s.

It's always possible to do a different string that whiffs less rather than asking the developer to change the game so the thing you do works better.
It is! Which is why I currently use cLK sMK cHP, or when I do the other one and recognize I am too far away I chain into sHK instead and spend the bar on Magnet.
But I figured it would be cooler to be able to use cLK cMP sMK cHP at max range, and I didn't really see any "reason" as to why that should not be possible, so I suggested a thing
If you don't like the suggestion, just don't do it! Sorry if this upset you for some reason!

This makes no sense? Anchors come with meter, and work if they function well with meter.
My point was that since her defence is pretty bad, people wouldn't want to run her as anchor,
and instead pick her as a mid with a defensive assist to back her + a meterbuild point (similar to how Squigly is usually played)
2nd then means she has less meter to work with than if people used her as their 3rd

.. but pointless drivel; you stated it stays at 3 bars and that's that~

Last edited:
When you said "wait there is more" showing off the Lv 3 I thought you had added like a Q grab like in his Super or a manual trigger. That must have crossed your mind I think, other than more work, any reason you wouldnt like it?

Reactions: Aden
I'm loving Robo, just need to practice more next time and get used to her strings ^w^

When you said "wait there is more" showing off the Lv 3 I thought you had added like a Q grab like in his Super or a manual trigger. That must have crossed your mind I think, other than more work, any reason you wouldnt like it?
The explosion is plus on hit, plus on block, 1f startup and does 1000 chip. Since the counter-strategy is to get her to explode such that she misses entirely, there's no WAY she should be allowed to trigger it manually at the time of her choosing...

Does the lowered meter gain limit other characters? What's to stop me from tagging in a battery, and building enough for the 3 beam to combo off the detonation since she doesn't count down off screen?

The mine changes with faster heads are very fair IMO.
Lvl3 is way cool and the stat bonuses are going to make for some crazy confirms