• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo Fortune Discussion

I personally feel that j.HK's float is perfect. Need Momentum to get her up in the air, yet need the right touch to get it to have all the hits at the level you need her at. Then you got the fact that it can fall faster when you use it late, making a great cross under.

will there be a buffer on mk for links?

My only suggestion atm... *clears throat* ...possible taunt/time out animation is that she turns into a toaster... or toast pops out of her head... Robo-Toast... >w>

Also Peppercat for color palatte X3
Peppercat.jpg

Last edited:
Screen shake is whatever.
I agree with @Flotilla that part of the reason it's so weird is because it has no sounds yet.
I am SO excited to hear the jet ignite sound effect during the start of a dash though, I hope it's really loud with lots of bass.

Also I cannot believe this thread is also has 'Suggestions' in the title rather than like.. feedback or... bugs, etc.

Reactions: Flotilla
Its what makes it a Vulpes thread.

Reactions: Mwisk
So it's my understanding that IPS is advancing in stages sooner than it should because you are airdashing the j.HP before it actually connects with the opponent, correct? Would be nice if that could get fixed somehow.

Can s.MK restand airborn opponents like parasoul's f.LP or beowulf's LK?

Is the airdash animation going to remain or is the old blood splatter going to be changed to rocket booster or something?

It would also be a real shame if Pepper Cat wasn't an alt color considering they are both robot cats that attack with electricity

So it's my understanding that IPS is advancing in stages sooner than it should because you are airdashing the j.HP before it actually connects with the opponent, correct? Would be nice if that could get fixed somehow.

Its working as intended.

Robo Fortune Suggestions & Discussion

Can we have Mecha Hisui palette back please?

How likely does everyone think it is that air dash will stay?

It seems pretty absurd right now and that can only get crazier as her moveset becomes more final.

I think a lot of her normals will get some pretty harsh changes before retail if she does keep it.

Would you be against making a special case
Yes.

How likely does everyone think it is that air dash will stay?
It might become a jump cancel actually, since Guilty Gear. And that doesn't allow IAD stuff.

It seems pretty absurd right now
I disagree.

I think a lot of her normals will get some pretty harsh changes before retail if she does keep it.
I disagree, again. :^)

Reactions: PME and Flotilla
can c.mp have a shorter hitbox or something? since it has a safe burst distance.

It doesn't have final hurtboxes yet, nothing does.

Characters always have absurd burst baits in early beta.

Reactions: Cheesedragon
can c.mp have a shorter hitbox or something? since it has a safe burst distance.

Why is that an issue? Parasoul has normals that she can throw out at burst-safe distances to use for burst baits.

Squigly 2HP 2HK
Parasoul 5LP 5MP 2MP j5HP
Robo 2MP
Peacock 2MK 2HP j5HP
Big Band 2MK
Valentine 5HK 5HP

There's a lot of moves like this one.

Reactions: PME
Whenever Robo-Fortune wins a match, robo heads come in ala Double's super and carries the opponents' corpses away to be assimilated.
JK

Her S.MP is +9 on hit. Her S.MP gives way for a nice low/overhead situation with Cr.MP and S.HK. Or you can just do sweet Makoto links. I like this.

I gotta say robo seems to do pretty okay rushdown for a zoner but now that I hear she might get jump cancels I am more excited than ever. So does that mean she will get the double jump back (while removing air dashes) or did guilty gear not do that? I'm very unfamiliar with that game.

This is the character (I feel) I was waiting for and am pleased with the current progress. I'm very happy I get to see and PLAY with the new things that happen every week.

So uh, thanks for brainstorming this character's moves everyone who did that.

I gotta say robo seems to do pretty okay rushdown for a zoner but now that I hear she might get jump cancels I am more excited than ever. So does that mean she will get the double jump back (while removing air dashes) or did guilty gear not do that? I'm very unfamiliar with that game.
It would mean losing airdash and getting back doublejump, yes.

I'm all for trading air dash for jump cancels. IAD j.mp is too good and ambiguous on left/right mixups. Plus point blank j.hp adc hella delayed j.mp can completely negate pushblock. If they didn't pushblock, it's a crossup.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I feel like her aerials lend better to air dashing than they do to double jumps but I'm all for trying it.

I think she would be much easier to balance with double jump instead of air dash, although with air dash there are so many cool things she can do.

And there are no heavy air dash characters yet, so it is pretty cool, but probably too good. Those super fast jump arcs.

If air dashes stay though, I wont be the one complaining.

Why are people suddenly complaining about screen shake now when Big Band has been in the game for like a year? Do you get secondhand nausea whenever you fight a Big Band who walks or jumps?

I've had problems with the screen shake since... around the time fire effects were changed and the GGPO desync issue was resolved. I dunno what changed around then or if it's some weird placebo effect, but yeah, the game got a lot harder to visually track around that time.

And yes, fighting Big Bands sucks.

I don't speak for the people who have issues with screen shake of course, but maybe it's just dissonance between what you're seeing and what you're (not) hearing? Like, I can understand how it'd be disorienting to have the screen shake when you aren't hearing the CLANK WHIRR CLANK noises that'll accompany it when Vince does his audio pass.

I have never played with sound, and I make it a point not to play with sound.

Mike Z please don't touch the screen shake on Robo's walk. It makes sense in a chracter context, it gives her more individuality and it's awesome. I honestly feel your first call is the right one on this.

Also as long as im addressing things you removed. I hope you bring gehenna back to random select It's an awesome stage and now I see way less of it. Extreme irrational phobias are rare this is especially true of trypophobia which was not even a thing ten years ago.

Im getting Zappa's ghosts vibes from the floating heads. Is that something you wanted to give off?

Reactions: Muro
Please take off the camera shaking with her basic movement, thanks
What? I loved that about her. It reminded me of VS Series Mech Gief.

Her time out animation looks reeally weird since she just turns into normal fortune. also, having the taser effect on st.mp being a 2nd button press would feel really nice
This....I am really feeling this suggestion or the fact that as soon as I did the move, I wished for that very suggestion. Maybe....maybe I just want to link two sMP....just maybe.

Sorry for the double (and now Triple) but I really like the idea of Jump Cancelling.

Edit: Tried something cool, didn't work. I still don't know how to make words into links.

Edit 2: Thanks for the Mod Edit actually, it was a mess and I apologize for that.

Last edited:
Highlight the section you want to be a word and then click the link button. It looks like two ovals linked together.

Then give it a link and hit okay.

Also just edit your posts man don't need to make new ones

Im getting Zappa's ghosts vibes from the floating heads. Is that something you wanted to give off?

That's exactly what I thought. Positioning and everything is very similar.

It would mean losing airdash and getting back doublejump, yes.
I thought double jump was going to be the thing for her in the end.

(And with J.MP, I still wish it was)

She's only been in the game for a day, you probably shouldn't have gotten too attached to how she works right now...

rip Big Band's 5f jab
The saddest part is that it was there until the day the final build was submitted too lol

Last edited:
I feel that the final hit from j.hk should have some more hitstun. I'm combo-ing easier from an unfinished j.hk than from a finished one.