• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo Fortune Discussion

I feel that the final hit from j.hk should have some more hitstun. I'm combo-ing easier from an unfinished j.hk than from a finished one.
I'm not. Try linking c.MK (or s.MP) from it and you'll see.

Edit: what I'd really like is only a couple more frames of hitstun on J.HP so that canceling to a dash mid combo can be done a little later (not by a whole lot, though) so there's a smaller risk or triggering IPS when delaying the dash slightly. It's not that important though.

Before it's misunderstood, I mean something small, 1-2f. Just to help, while not affecting the usage.

Last edited:
It would mean losing airdash and getting back doublejump, yes.
please dont trade them in...i really like them. is there some other way to balance...?

Also random suggestion, like how painwheel can charge c.hp, can robo fortune charge hers? Actually for her electric moves in general, can they be held down for a bit more damage and end combo in crumple from designated moves? Just think this electricity thing is worth a cool shot

Also random suggestion
Stop doing that. She is ALREADY DECIDED, I do not want suggestions unless I ask for them.

please dont trade them in...i really like them. is there some other way to balance...?
You do realize what a jump cancel is...? :^)

Reactions: Flotilla
Stop doing that. She is ALREADY DECIDED, I do not want suggestions unless I ask for them.

You do realize what a jump cancel is...? :^)

ahh gotcha, thanks boss. night for now guys, look forward to the next new stuff :D

Damn! 13 likes for that fairly-obvious detail suggestion? Here i was seeing all those alerts thinking the beta was updated!

Anyway, with the airdash vs. doublejump, her j.HK practically IS her second jump! She basically already has both!

During the experiment, will she have air dash cancels and double jump cancels, one eating the other if used ala GGXX?

How about make her heads be like automatic laser turrets?
:PUN:

Everytime someone does a suggestion, your reaction is priceless (sorry, just find it funny).

Anyway, I would like to see her with a double jump instead of the air dash, just too see how that works. I'm okay with either, but testing it would be interesting.

Can something at all be done about j.HP frequently causing combos to jump to stage 5 without messing anything else up? It's just been happening way too frequently.

I think part of the issue might be that she starts moving backwards before the hitbox is even out so the projectile has to travel slightly to hit so it hits outside of what I think is the "creation period" which causes the ips stage to jump?

EDIT: So it does seem like I was airdashing the j.HP too early which was causing the IPS so I can kinda work around it. It's just weird that I have to work around it like that.

Last edited:
Yeah I get it now (with your advice haha) and can do it with 99% consistency, but I still do find it a bit weird.

I guess its just a side effect of having a strange functioning projectile as a normal.

Please don't change the screen shake for Robo-Fortune.
I plan to wavedash as her and make my opponent vomit.

Cool work with her so far though. I really like what she has right now.

Please don't change the screen shake for Robo-Fortune.
I plan to wavedash as her and make my opponent vomit.

Cool work with her so far though. I really like what she has right now.
I don't know why you would even wave dash as her, cause it would slow you down more than just normally dashing. But what ever.

I don't know why you would even wave dash as her, cause it would slow you down more than just normally dashing. But what ever.

People are throwing out heads now even though they don't do anything
Robo meta is 30% actually playing and 70% disrespect as of now

@Mike_Z Not sure what's going on here. Might be a glitch as IPS seems to be triggering at the wrong time.
Stopped happening after I exited the game (to check the recording and run Premiere Pro) and restarted (because I wanted to double check).

@Mike_Z Not sure what's going on here. Might be a glitch as IPS seems to be triggering at the wrong time.
First aircombo uses j.MP, second aircombo j.LP airbackdash j.MP, the one hit of j.MP triggers IPS properly. Fortune has big feet.
You know I love ya, but Attack Data -> Advanced actually shows you what buttons you've already used, ground and air, and that feature was added to help answer these kinds of questions. :^)

First aircombo uses j.MP, second aircombo j.LP airbackdash j.MP, the one hit of j.MP triggers IPS properly. Fortune has big feet.
You know I love ya, but Attack Data -> Advanced actually shows you what buttons you've already used, ground and air, and that feature was added to help answer these kinds of questions. :^)
Hmm, didn't consider that I might have been accidentally air backdashing.

Of course, now it's going to haunt me that I can't actually reproduce this again.

Hmm, didn't consider that I might have been accidentally air backdashing.
Your j.MP stops moving upward and falls backward after you jumped forward, it's pretty obvious...

you discovered a burst bait for robo-kitty :D

Im getting Zappa's ghosts vibes from the floating heads. Is that something you wanted to give off?
I can see that but I am also giving off that the heads act like funnels from Mobile Suit Gundam. If they are and I can do funnel setups then I will get so hype.

Finally gonna get me some pink laser beams in SG.

im happy I can get my Dr. Doom assist now

im happy I can get my Dr. Doom assist now

Not to mention a Cyclops/Magneto/Iceman/Sentinel/everyone else that can shoot a laser in MvC assist.

Honestly, with all the other MvC inspired elements, I'm surprised this is the first beam attack added to this game.

actually Mike didn't you state yourself that Argus Agony was not actually a beam attack (the first part of the super) because no matter where the opponent got hit it would always hit for 6 hits and that those 6 hits were actually a series of 6 full screen projectiles that flashed on the screen. That would explain in older builds of SG sometimes if a peacock were to do a combo and try to have the opponent land on the beam part of the super they would sometimes fall thru because the projectiles were flashing and the opponent happened to not land on the hitbox of the projectile.

Like here, this is Retail SG:

6 hits and they are all just flashes. so they are not beams just projectiles that are very very close together.

or do you just mean that Argus is NOW a beam when the next update drops? and will be another beam other than the ones that Robo Kitty has. I:C

man i'm stressed i need sleep... also sorry if i sound like a twat. don't want to be. just, idk beams going to have me stressed about this game. optic blasts...

actually Mike didn't you state yourself that Argus Agony was not actually a beam attack (the first part of the super) because no matter where the opponent got hit it would always hit for 6 hits and that those 6 hits were actually a series of 6 full screen projectiles that flashed on the screen.
Oh, that. I mean it's still a beam in that it will hit the entire screen at once, just it was improperly implemented because there were frames that it was "off" without having made contact with that hit first.

Since I've done more research into beams in old Versus games, I've discovered that beams are implemented 3 different ways even in those games, with one of the ways being this way, hahhahah.

a-ah, i see. Sorry, I don't go thru the data of old fighting games so I didn't know about. then in that case it would be beam. sigh... only one can of coffee can wire me for the whole night, that is really bad...

My wavedash vomitting technique is now for naught since the screen looks like it shakes a little less.

Oh well. At least I can clear Big Band without having to super jump now.

Here is a robo cat bug report
The training dummy tries to ground tech while getting hit by j.hk
This results in it sometimes getting a j.lp or whatever after recovering since it isn't actually knocked down

Edit: Here is another bug report
Friendly napalm tears cause the beam impact effect (including sound) when they intersect
The laser is not interrupted though

Last edited:
That H Laser effect is going to look BADASS when colored.

This actually does kind of beg the question though, with all of R. Fortune's directed energy attacks, are there going to be new electricity 'element' hit effects and sounds? Squigly and her fire 'element' attacks got a similar revamp with a new spite effect added and enhanced pallete effects, but in this case i think new audio would be nice too. Anything like Melee's *CHUZZZCK* would be orgasmic.

Shouldn't the beam go through projectiles?
Looks weird when two RF do the H beam at the same time.

Question! The head thingy among other secrit uses for secrit moves is going to be like one of RB's projectile move, like you can charge 3 heads and throw said 3 at the same time with such move or what? I saw the MF lazor seems to be her ranged move but gee mike you missed an opportunity there.

(although I prefer a Mother Fucking lazor to exploding throwable heads but those are gonna explode anyway, don't try to hide it)

are there going to be new electricity 'element' hit effects and sounds?
There already is an electricity effect, for example on Val snap and lvl5.

yeah, don't you know? Robo Kitty has to be finished in the next two weeks. You should be happy that Mike found a way to program in the Heads to complete Robo Kitty's appearance. Those heads, are super tough to program.

Reactions: Broken Loose
yeah, don't you know? Robo Kitty has to be finished in the next two weeks. You should be happy that Mike found a way to program in the Heads to complete Robo Kitty's appearance. Those heads, are super tough to program.

It wasn't my intention to sound presumptuous, sorry if you got that impression. Good thing I started by saying it was a question.

It's okay, i'm only teasing. I don't know what the head will do. but if they are resource to make Robo Kitty do better moves then that would add a cool layer making Robo Kitty really fun to play. I love resource characters.

Honestly I'm not really feeling the double jump cancels so far.

They are fine for pressure but feel really finicky for combos.

The biggest culprit by far is j.HP, I miss the cancel so often because you can't cancel til it hits, but its a projectile. It just feels so very wrong and is difficult to do imo. If it just had a cancel period after the projectile was out I would like it much more.

Things that I would really like to see (hope I don't sound demanding and annoy you)

- Set jump cancel period for j.HP even if its a little after the projectile comes out.

- j.HP pops the enemy either straight up or towards you very slightly. Maybe its meant to be really only used as a zoning tool but without air dash cancel it is already less dominant and I think getting easier conversions off it/making it more useful in midscreen combos would be nice.

- Slightly more range on 2HP. With the way her air combos are now I am having REAL trouble with thin characters getting a relaunch. Parasoul and Squigly in particular make it really difficult for me.

Reactions: Karlaaldana
This
gee mike you missed an opportunity there.
makes you sound like this
presumptuous
considering you have NO IDEA what they're gonna do yet.

@Tomo009
I'm workin' on the whole "just hold Up to jump at the first possible moment" thing.

@zeknife
Thank you!

Reactions: Flotilla