• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Robo Fortune Discussion

dont lasers beat bombs though? cant you punish a bomb toss with a laser or will Peacock be able to punish beam with Argus because I heard that was a thing a little bit ago?

I mean, Heads and item drop are two completely different moves with the only real likeness is that they come from the sky, for Peacocks you are limited by what buttons you pressed zones but you get different effects with what item dropped, but with R fortune's heads it will go where ever you are on screen and stays around if you are hit much different imo.

dont lasers beat bombs though? cant you punish a bomb toss with a laser or will Peacock be able to punish beam with Argus because I heard that was a thing a little bit ago?

I mean, Heads and item drop are two completely different moves with the only real likeness is that they come from the sky, for Peacocks you are limited by what buttons you pressed zones but you get different effects with what item dropped, but with R fortune's heads it will go where ever you are on screen and stays around if you are hit much different imo.

You can punish the ground bomb tosses with LP or MP beams pretty easily but airplane will trade in Peacock's favor and the beams are punishable on block with Argus.

Reactions: Arcana
Beep boop beep beeeaaaam!

Item drop is DEFINITELY better as an approach tool. Item drop at level 2-3 has a huge hitbox and item release doesn't open peacock up at all.

Having said that, that's looking at the moves in a vacuum.

Robo has better approach on her own than peacock does because robo has a faster run and a divekick style move and great multi hit normal jumpin as well as viable superjump crossups in her own without need of an item drop.

But the better overall move is item drop. But robos lasers are great against peacock especially since robo can fre diagonally down towards peacock while peacock is summoning bombs.

The only thing I personally want for robo is a buff on either her summon times across the board, or her cr.hk time. Having the cr.hk take forever while the summon also takes forever, feels like a kick in the teeth outside of st.hk,cr.hk summon in a combo.

The only thing I personally want for robo is a buff on either her summon times across the board, or her cr.hk time.
cr.HK got buffed long ago. And nothing, at all, is changing anymore, for anyone.

Reactions: Pickles
It's a type of zoning. Testament also fills this niche.

Quickest Explanation of his play style I could come up with.

I can see how she has a testament-esque play style with her drones. mine=tree salvo=web. the speed that she gets this stuff out is just sad.

off that topic.
i've said this before. but got no feedback on its possible viability or problems.

can we have specific head drone numbers for head drone assist?

:QCB::LP::LK: will summon one head if she has none then the next time she's called she'll do the drone ram. (like it is now)
:QCB::MP::LK: will have her summon 1 head at a time if she had none until she has 2 heads then she can use the head ram one at a time until she has none left.
:QCB::HP::LK: she does the above but for 3 heads.

:QCB::LP::MK:will have her summon 1 head then place the mine (like it is now)
:QCB::MP::MK:will have her summon 1 head at a time if she had none until she has 2 heads then place mines 1 at a time till she has 0 left
:QCB::HP::MK:does the above but for 3 heads

:QCB::LP::HK: will summon one head if she has none then the next time she's called she does salvo with one head
:QCB::MP::HK:will have her summon 1 head at a time if she had none until she has 2 heads then does salvo with 2 heads
:QCB::HP::HK: does salvo with 3 heads (like it is now)

basically the :P: used will determine how many heads she must have before she uses the actual assist that's determined by the :K: used.

most of those inputs aren't for assist so that won't work at all

most of those inputs aren't for assist so that won't work at all
doesn't bella have inputs like this for her tumble run stuff except using :B::F::HP::HK:? since none of RF's other specials cross with these inputs it should still work.

if I read your post right those inputs would be for calling robo assist so literally everyone BUT robo would need those inputs open. Aside from qcb lp + lk being a command grab input for every character with a command grab iirc, you would have to give each character a special that ONLY calls assist and ONLY if the assist is robo. Pretty excessive for something that seems unnecessary anyway.

Pretty sure he means you'd only use those commands when you're choosing Robo's custom assist

Pretty sure he means you'd only use those commands when you're choosing Robo's custom assist
yeah this.

It's also not happening, but you can feel free to continue the discussion.
aww.

I feel as though Salvo would be more appealing as an assist if it just worked like the others. By that I mean that Robo would only summon a head if she had 0 heads when called in, otherwise she would just perform Salvo. This way she'd do lvl 1 Salvo every two assist calls, or anything up to lvl 3 Salvo if she already had more than 0 heads summoned. Salvo just doesn't seem like that appealing of an assist choice since you have to call her in 4 times to make any real use of the assist.

I'm not saying it's a bad assist, cuz I have absolutely no clue whether it's good or not as is. For all I know, it could prove to be really useful the way it currently is. I'm sure there are all sorts of setups that could be created around the idea of setting up for Salvo assist shenanigans. I'm just saying that, on paper, it seems Salvo assist is more trouble than it's worth.

No, we understand. It's just way easier to complain about things than it is to actually play the damn game c:

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
has anybody tried using cr.HK as an assist? Same concept as having Vial Load as an assist, so when robo comes in she can have 3 heads already stocked, and maybe there's a few gimmicks you can pull with it

It's going to hit as often as Devil Horns as an assist. Seems kind of pointless when you can put silo on as an assist and use that to get max heads and have an attack if you want it.

oh word, I thought Salvo would just push out 1 head and then fire it, not build up 3 and then fire

Nope, it waits for 3 heads, since heaving the 1 head version would be rather terrible as an assist.

I don't think c.HK assist is really worth it since if you use DHC beam to kill the opposing character you get 2 free heads midscreen and 1 safe head in the corner anyway, so I'd rather not lose the oppressive H Beam assist for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmashBlade
I don't think c.HK assist is really worth it since if you use DHC beam to kill the opposing character you get 2 free heads nidscreen and 1 safe head in the corner anyway, so I'd rather not lose the oppressive H Beam assist for that.

Considering that Vial Load assist isn't used at all and Robo has WAY better assist options than Valentine... yeah. I don't think its going to be used.

And as said, there is literally no reason to because Salvo is the same thing but better.

Is there a way to fix the hitbox of lk fireball? Maybe it needs Parasouls biker property where it sucks them in a little? On a few characters, it only hits once and doesn't finish to the knockdown.

example..

EDIT: forgot that nothing is getting changed at this point. Disregard this post.

Is there a way to fix the hitbox of lk fireball? Maybe it needs Parasouls biker property where it sucks them in a little? On a few characters, it only hits once and doesn't finish to the knockdown.
It's mostly for AA, though, and the vacuum is the same as Copter. So I guess use M instead?

I HATE HER.

Music at the end made me lol. Seriously though that stuff is good to know, thanks.

I HATE HER.
I lol'd.

I can see why the laser hit. You tried to poke her with s.LP so she hit your finger before the active frames.

That's on you bruh.

Is it intentional that qcbK by itself builds no meter? I only get meter if the head stuff makes contact, whereas all other specials build meter on whiff.

Is it intentional that qcbK by itself builds no meter? I only get meter if the head stuff makes contact, whereas all other specials build meter on whiff.
i would think it is, only because someone might try to use it to gain meter with out the heads.

i would think it is, only because someone might try to use it to gain meter with out the heads.
Uhm ok, except Bella reflector doesn't hit, which is the only other example I can think of of a special that doesn't hit and that also builds meter...?

Reactions: gllt and SmashBlade
Uhm ok, except Bella reflector doesn't hit, which is the only other example I can think of of a special that doesn't hit and that also builds meter...?

Run -> Stop also builds meter

Fortune's head recall does not build meter, Ringlet Psych does not build meter, Flesh Step does not build meter.
Runstop builds meter because the run startup itself builds some, since you can go into attacks from it.
Reflect builds meter because in order to do anything the opponent has to cooperate.
Poison load builds meter because even the fastest version of it is very very long.
Reflect and poison load also build meter partially because they used to hit and I forgot to take it out, but a rationale is a rationale! :^)

Why did the poison load hit get taken out anyway? I really liked that move.

They're all not the same speed?
Level 1 poison is fastest. Level 3 is the slowest.