• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Do you too have a large stuffed Kirby doll from Comic Con that you cuddle with every night?

*asking for a friend.
Never been to a comic convention. Although I have a small shoe rack filled with Beanie Babies if those count?

So there's this user on NeoGAF named Caesnd who's been drawing a bunch of sketches for Persona characters that are really cool, almost Metal-Gear-concept-art-ish in terms of style. Well, they made one for mainline SMT and well uh

Ri0Xh31.png

i have a favorite now

Naoto never seemed the type to dance. I mean, she seemed like the type to be very embarrassed dancing, at least to me. Iunno....her new design also rubs me wrong for some reason. This whole game rubs me wrong now that I think about it :(

Naoto never seemed the type to dance. I mean, she seemed like the type to be very embarrassed dancing, at least to me. Iunno....her new design also rubs me wrong for some reason. This whole game rubs me wrong now that I think about it :(

I don't play dancing/rhythm games, so I have no feelings on the game one way or the other.

Doesn't stop me from admitting Naoto is a hottie though.

Damn I really can't decide if I hate Naoto or not.

I mean, her story is meh.....
But I love her in P4a.
Then again Chie is best girl.
Then this shit comes out.

What the fuck Atlus do you really want the world's first systematic weaponized waifu war, because if you keep going, that's whats going to happen.

We already have the number 1 weaponized waifu.

Her name is Aigis.

Last edited:
Here is her trailer in English

Also the song in her trailer isn't... new but from the Reicarnation album

Wait, being new to this series, they're making a rhythm game?
..Why?

Everyone looks fabulous, though.

Because Persona 4 is Atlus's cash cow and they have to milk it for all it is worth. See also Persona 4 Arena
A fighting game, I can understand. But a rhythm game? What does that have to do with the series?
Next they'll make a Junes management simulator.

Next they'll make a Junes management simulator.

Shhhh.. don't give them ideas.

DAN has really nothing to do with the series outside of "what happened to the gang after P4?/what new adventures can the Investigation Team get into?" which is already answered in P4Arena. This is essentially the same line as Persona 4 Golden the Animation and Marie's addition to the story since
she's shoe horned in to help explain the plot although you've written a bad story if you need another character to help tell it in a rerelease of the game.
. It doesn't help that she's not popular in the least in either JP or NA.

It does just come down to easy money for Atlus. P4 is the best selling Persona game by far, is widely popular/known, and usually the "best" Persona game in the series for a lot of people (I disagree with this personally but I'm sure this can spout another game debate or whatever).

It does just come down to easy money for Atlus. P4 is the best selling Persona game by far, is widely popular/known, and usually the "best" Persona game in the series for a lot of people (I disagree with this personally but I'm sure this can spout another game debate or whatever).
Persona 2 for life and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise on PC!!

Reactions: Stairwayyy
Shhhh.. don't give them ideas.

DAN has really nothing to do with the series outside of "what happened to the gang after P4?/what new adventures can the Investigation Team get into?" which is already answered in P4Arena. This is essentially the same line as Persona 4 Golden the Animation and Marie's addition to the story since
she's shoe horned in to help explain the plot although you've written a bad story if you need another character to help tell it in a rerelease of the game.
. It doesn't help that she's not popular in the least in either JP or NA.

Now I understand with them trying to make money off of milking P4, but I don't understand why'd they pick this genre.
If you were milking off of a pre-packaged fanbase, wouldn't you want to make a game the fanbase is familiar with so that way they'll buy it? This seems kind of risky to me, when they could just make some kind of spin-off RPG regarding these events so that way nobody would be alienated.
I'd think they would do it if they needed more fans and were trying to branch out to new genres (I'm not against that, I got into the series through Arena, and that was the whole use of that game), but with a fanbase already so large from the RPG and fighting games I don't see the need to make a completely different game when they know what works for their fans.

Also, can we please just move on for P4?
The game was released in Japan in 2008. In 2015, games are still being developed around it. I'm not even sure how they've kept interest for all the spin-offs.

will you accept Brown, may he continue to be infinite in his wisdom and fury, as you lord and savior?

Reactions: Stairwayyy
I have a very strong love-hate relationship with Persona 2.

will you accept Brown, may he continue to be infinite in his wisdom and fury, as you lord and savior?
no.

No.
One of these days I'll get you to like that game. Don't know how but I'll try.
I have a very strong love-hate relationship with Persona 2.
Do tell

One of these days I'll get you to like that game. Don't know how but I'll try.
I'll accept it when it gets a good fucking remake that gets rid of the shit battle system and bad dungeons. Until then...
No.

I'll accept it when it gets a good fucking remake that gets rid of the shit battle system and bad dungeons. Until then...
No.
I hear there's one on the PSP

well i fail to see the problem here
maybe you were just bad at the game

Reactions: DDB
I think Ruin's trying to say he doesn't like you

I think we should all agree Kei is best girl.