• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

I already bought all the DLC though.

Includes all the DLC and is coming out in Japan on the 8th.
You mean the bosses?

I already bought all the DLC though.
now you can feel like a tool for buying all that DLC!

Not much, honestly. It couldn't have been more than like... $10-15?

now you can feel like a tool for buying all that DLC!
Are you actually implying this will release outside Japan and is on a system that isn't region locked?

This shit's on the Japanese SMTIV website.

CQiEUlBUkAAgku2.jpg:large

15000 Tweets and it gets revealed.

Best case scenario: SMT V or HD port of IV.

Worst case scenario: Fucking nothing. Merchandise. iOS/F2P nonsense. Or even the GOTY edition of SMTIV who knows.

Best case scenario: SMT V or fucking nothing

Worst case scenario: Fucking nothing
I don't see why you wrote that twice.

In seriousness if if is a port of IV they should have the courtesy of making the requirements for Fiends just stupid hard bullshit instead of RNG. Or fix the RNG, SJ wasn't bad at all.

New game is called SMT IV Final
1444057811501.jpg

I like this episodic content deal.
seems fun.
I like episodic content in theory, but in practice if this leads to DLC bloat (something SMT IV unfortunately brought to the table) than it's going to be the thing that dampers my enthusiasm for the game. Another thing with episodic content is developing characters across the duration of the "run" of episodes.

Reactions: Aden and BeatNinja
Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
wait so is this gonna be a totally new cast? I see what kinda looks like an altered version of Gabriel and Medusa on both ends of the image, but none of this even remotely reminds me of SMT IV. It has the same art style, but the demons seem toned down from the weirdness of SMT IV and the character designs taken back up the many notches they were with stuff pre-SMT 3. It's not bad, I'm just confused.

I'm just wondering one thing... Why is Navarre a tiny snot ghost?

Also Nozomi.

Reactions: BeatNinja
SMT IV-2 Isabeau Returns.

Last edited:
wait so is this gonna be a totally new cast? I see what kinda looks like an altered version of Gabriel and Medusa on both ends of the image, but none of this even remotely reminds me of SMT IV. It has the same art style, but the demons seem toned down from the weirdness of SMT IV and the character designs taken back up the many notches they were with stuff pre-SMT 3. It's not bad, I'm just confused.
I would pay to actually get a version of SMT IV with unified visuals on the creatures.

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
A lot of the guest demon designs in IV were pretty terrible, and the ones that were fine, or even good, still looked really out of place, so hoping they get dumped.

WhaoHOWAOHAOhwoahoa WOWZERS. So. SMT 4.5? SMT 5 but not, got it. I'm hyped. These character designs are sick.

Except this thing

hRB4sSz.png

I hope this asshole isn't some annoying mascot guy.

I don't know what you're talking about, it's literally Navarre as a snot ghost.

Navarre.png

I hope he's the Puck of the story
and by Puck of the story
I mean the one thing that doesn't make the game so depressing that you want to kill yourself.

I'm really hoping the MC is female. They at least look female, to me.

That MC is the most ambiguously female/male character I have ever seen. It's a straight 50/50.

Too bad MC's a guy though.

Protagonist (voiced by Hiro Shimono) – The protagonist spends his days as an apprentice for the organization known as the Outlaw Hunters. During a mission, he is attacked by a demon and dies.

Well thanks for spoiling the game before it even comes out, sheeeesh.

But uh, but more importantly...

“We’ve looked over a lot of player feedback from Shin Megami Tensei IV and we’re making improvements everywhere we can, even to things like controls and demon conversations

and demon conversations

Things are lookin up in the world fellas.

Demon conversations were fine.

Fix fiends god damnit.

They were fine in IV, and if you were trying to sway me, @Jutsei is not the best choice.
Nothing against you, we just don't agree on a quite a few things
Fiends are still the real problem, regardless.

Yeah, Demon conversations were absolutely fine, especially when you got all those apps that made it even easier.

yeah, I think conversations in SMT4 were pretty good.

no need for changes.

I'm still confused as how someone not liking something changes whether or not a mechanic is fine.

Anyway, did anyone here buy Break Record? Is there anyway for me to get all the demons still or are they lost to time?

I want to be able to recruit demons by menacingly firing my gun in the air while screaming about where I can find the bum