• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

P3 MC name of Minato Arisato (Manga Name) was the equivalent of the P4 MC name of Souji Seta (Manga Name).

The name Souji Seta became irrelevant when the P4 Anime Series dropped and his new name was Yu Narukami. The fact that the name was officially adopted for the P4A fighting game serious (canon) and the soon-to-come canon P4 Dance All Night game solidifies that.

Similar thing happened with Minato Arisato when the P3 Anime Movie (Spring of Rebirth was first one) series dropped and gave him the official name of Makoto Yuki. Based on the similar case that happened to the P4 MC Souji Seta/Yu Narukami, safe to reasonably assume that Makoto Yuki is the more likely canon name then Minato Arisato.

This is why people people are calling him Makoto now. You don't see many people calling Narukami "Seta" nowadays.

Reactions: Jutsei
get rid of Elizabeth.

YOU DARE

Please don't she's the only one I'm a B Rank at online with oh please

Rezzed P3 MC theme.

HE DESCENDS, OP AS SHIT.

Looks like I found my walking to work music.

I fail to see how Minato being in would invalidate Elizabeth.

I fail to see how Minato being in would invalidate Elizabeth.
I forget the details, but Minato/Makoto is a statue who's sealing human nature or something and Elizabeth is trying to find a way to seal this monster and save P3 Protag. She even got the fool arcana to prove that she was on a journey.

P3 MC name of Minato Arisato (Manga Name) was the equivalent of the P4 MC name of Souji Seta (Manga Name).

The name Souji Seta became irrelevant when the P4 anime dropped and his new name was Yu Narukami. The fact that the name was officially adopted for the P4A fighting game serious (canon) and the soon-to-come canon P4 Dance All Night game solidifies that.

Similar thing happened with Minato Arisato when the P3 Anime Movie (Spring of Rebirth was first one) series dropped and gave him the official name of Makoto Yuki. Based on the trend that happened to the P4 MC Souji Seta/Yu Narukami, safe to reasonably assume that Makoto Yuki is the more likely canon name then Minato Arisato.

This is why people people are calling him Makoto now. You don't see many people calling Narukami "Seta" nowadays.

Not for the first time, but I wonder why they do that in the first place.

Not a very big deal, but it's really easy to avoid. Just figure out a name to begin with and give it to the mangaka. Don't let him perpetuate a quasi-canon name we get attached to then make a new one later.

Looks like I found my walking to work music.
Now all you need is walk home from work music.

So it seems P4 Shadow characters will have their dungeon themes, uh? I guess we can expect Secret Lab theme for Naoto.
While 'Sauna' works perfectly well as Shadow Kanji's theme, they should have gone with 'Muscle Blues'. It's just a whole lot more inappropriate, thusly a better choice. :3

In any case, still hoping these choices are placeholders and the tracks get remixed.

Reactions: Gamesandgoodies
Well there'd have to be a conclusion to Liz's journey, and I don't see 'em doing an entirely new game just for that.

Also I am stubborn and refuse to call him Makoto.

tumblr_mx7wrf40t61r9s07oo3_250.gif

Source: http://kumagawa.tumblr.com/post/68859909629/p4u2-new-character-glasses

"I'm an actress in Featherman R, you probably never heard of it."

His name in the movie is Makoto.
Which is canon.
Minato has been overridden as his canon name.
Dude, we still don't know if Makoto is the canon name or not. We can't just assume based off of previous situations. Only a translation of P4A2's story (or PQ if that somehow turns out canon) can prove or disprove that.

I forget the details, but Minato/Makoto is a statue who's sealing human nature or something and Elizabeth is trying to find a way to seal this monster and save P3 Protag. She even got the fool arcana to prove that she was on a journey.

Actually, she took the wild card, which is what allows her to use the various elemental spells, since the wild card doesnt lock her to one persona's elemental alignment. if P3MC came back, he wouldnt have access to the wild card, or Elizabeth's playstyle would change drastically.

It's literally in the movie.
Number 13 had a great post on it.
It may be in the movie, but that does not mean it is automatically confirmed in the games as well.

Also...

Actually, she took the wild card, which is what allows her to use the various elemental spells, since the wild card doesnt lock her to one persona's elemental alignment. if P3MC came back, he wouldnt have access to the wild card, or Elizabeth's playstyle would change drastically.

What? Both Liz and P3MC could use multiple Personas during her boss battle in P3, so she can't have "stolen" his Wild Card. Also, it's really frigging simple for a single Persona of one element to have abilities of multiple different elements.

Last edited:
the persona MC's names can be anyrthing. I remember when Yu was often called Souji. lets just roll with it and not worry about who is right or wrong.

I kinda hope it remains PS3 exclusive. with MS getting a big name fighter I would love arksys to be sony's ace in the hole for console fighters.

As an Xbox player I would not be fine with it, especially because I prefer the Xbox stick to play fighters

The most right is Kenpachi Ramasama.

What are you talking about I thought P3 protag was called Fredfredburger.

I kinda hope it remains PS3 exclusive. with MS getting a big name fighter I would love arksys to be sony's ace in the hole for console fighters.

This would be great retribution for KI only being on XB1, yes.

Yeah but would they be glasses glasses, would they be different?
Would they hike up the price for getting glasses for all the shadows, or will it count for one character?

I wouldn't be surprised if one glasses purchase applies to both the regular and Shadow versions of a character.

Also, interesting highlights from a P4U2 stream (featuring crazy Shadow combos!):

And for something completely different: I have no clue how I managed it, but I somehow got a legit combo of Labrys's A Brutal Impact into her gear super. Trying to replicate it, but not getting good results.

I'm thinking it'll be for both versions, I think.
Might be more expensive, but eh, who knows?
I'll probbaly buy them
I seriously doubt it. they'll definitely be for both.

Oh God. That near-invisibility. Too bad they didn't show his IK, though.

IMPORTANT, MAYBE GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE: Persona X Detective: Naoto is now officially non-canon! To clarify, Captain Bike Man is said to be a geewunner of the ASSWs. Apparently, the P4A Design Works includes a version of this quote from Yuichiro Tanaka (P4's scenario writer)...

The first three generations were vehicle types and they only started experimenting with humanoid forms from the forth generation, with the fifth generation being the first to have personalities installed in them.

EDIT: Oh wait. He's not a geewunner. Last of the ASSWs, supposedly. D'OH!

Last edited:
So you're telling me the thing that had the "I'm just barely getting used to being seen as a girl" Naoto Shirogane dressed as a waitress with hair down to her ass is non-canon?

I never woulda guessed.