• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Is Yu really that broken? He doesn't seem all that bad to me, but then again I might be watching the wrong vids of people playing him.

Is Yu really that broken? He doesn't seem all that bad to me, but then again I might be watching the wrong vids of people playing him.
well lets say he is the opposite of elizabeth

His godly mixup from P4A has been nerfed, but in return, he got a crapton. Near instant Personaless super that can combo after Cross Slash (even if you hit it normally, which is otherwise uncomboable from), special-cancelable special, command grab, air Zio, much faster (and thus usable) air D, feintable B Raging Lion, Shadow type basically turns him into Score Attack Narukami when Rampage is used, and he's got one of the two secret 150 SP supers.

There's a reason some people are beginning to call him NaruKAMI.

Secret 150sp skills, has that always been around?

Nope. Yu and Aigis each got one in Ultimax. Nobody had a 150 SP move in P4A.

No those are new

His godly mixup from P4A has been nerfed, but in return, he got a crapton. Near instant Personaless super that can combo after Cross Slash (even if you hit it normally, which is otherwise uncomboable from), special-cancelable special, command grab, air Zio, much faster (and thus usable) air D, feintable B Raging Lion, Shadow type basically turns him into Score Attack Narukami when Rampage is used, and he's got one of the two secret 150 SP supers.

There's a reason some people are beginning to call him NaruKAMI.
Of all of the buffs, this one ticks me off the most just looking at match vids. I can Dia Raging Lion on reaction most of the time now, but now that he doesn't have to commit to it in Ultimax...ugh!

Maybe there will be one more rebalance before release. *shrug*

Naoto would probably win the "most improved" award from the transition of Arena to Ultimax. She was around mid tier before that heavily relied on SMP loops, but now she is a much more stable character with improvements on traps, better attack angles, etc that makes her compete much better against the higher tier character.

But I haven't seen very many people play her in match vids because they're filled with top tiers from last game plus the Shos.

I havent seen an Elizabeth since ever

Though I feel even worse for Yosuke fans, his mixup potiential is very under appreciated I think

Elizabeth overall is more gimped in Ultimax then in the last game. Her nerfs and her tough matchups getting buffs outweigh any buffs she received in this version.

Well yeah she's gotta nerf herself

Otherwise it just wouldn't be fun for anyone

Not that its fun for them the way she is now

its more fun than she is in actual P3.

I still have night terrors. never break her rules. NEVER BREAK HER RULES! IT'S NOT WORTH IT! ITS NOT WORTH IT!

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
It could be worse. You could be dealing with Demi-Fiend instead of Elizabeth.

Sorry if I sound like a noob, but what is a Demi-Fiend?

SEMI-BREAKING NEWS: Atlus has revealed the basic design on their E3 2014 badge insert. Try and guess what game will be featured based off its shape and the last 3 years' inserts!

275859-header.jpg

EDIT: Demi-Fiend is the protagonist of Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne. Think of him as a human with demon powers. He later became one of the hardest bosses in RPG history when he reappeared in Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga.

Dancing All Night since you can see Teddie and the Disco Ball

IT'S PIKACHU

IT'S KOFFING

Guys, remember that Atlus did the mons concept first, and that this is for an Atlus thing.

I hope you know that regular Izanagi also has the funky naginata.

Sorry if I sound like a noob, but what is a Demi-Fiend?
The protagonist of Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne. But that's not what they're talking about there. This is.

Anyway, still waiting on full scans for Adachi.

Dancing All Night since you can see Teddie and the Disco Ball
what if its all the Persona games they announced in Japan coming here in America with more in depth trailers, and dancing all night is just the one on top?

still waiting for Adachi trailer

still waiting for Adachi trailer
You're gonna have to wait a day or two. They've always come out on Thursdays.

what if its all the Persona games they announced in Japan coming here in America with more in depth trailers, and dancing all night is just the one on top?
They've already announced all the upcoming Persona games were coming to America. Your theory is probably right, though.

You're gonna have to wait a day or two. They've always come out on Thursdays.

They've already announced all the upcoming Persona games were coming to America. Your theory is probably right, though.
you would think P5 would be the most likely, unless that is what we are calling Dancing All Night
"You are a slave, want emancipation? dance for it"

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
The protagonist of Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne. But that's not what they're talking about there. This is.
Something to note: that music playing in the video? Nocturne's random encounter theme. That's pretty much how you're seen as by him power-wise.

Adachi should have a cabbage Hadoken.

Also his grab better be shoving someone into a TV and they get the shit beat out of them by Shadows, only to be tossed back out.

Adachi should have a cabbage Hadoken.

Also his grab better be shoving someone into a TV and they get the shit beat out of them by Shadows, only to be tossed back out.
Shun Goku Satsu as fuck.

Guess we'll se-...
Wait...
Yo guys think we'll get Shadow Adachi?

Story reasons, like with Elizabeth and Shadow Labrys?

BpQEy0aCAAAUxDQ.jpg

"Totally Egocentric Cabbage Detective" lol

Think that super is Vorpal Blade.

Does Adachi really have plot-immunity like those two to not have a Shadow version?

I cannot contain my excitement
Hope he gets a Chewgi pallete

UNIFY NAGINATA

Shun Goku Satsu as fuck.

Guess we'll se-...
Wait...
Yo guys think we'll get Shadow Adachi?

No reason for him not to have one really
As sadistic as he is, he's still human

He kinda lets it all hang anyway, so I imagine him and his Shadow getting along in some weird way

Edit: I still want his name to be "The Chaos Abiding Citizen"

Someone mentioned this on Dustloop, he isn't using his usual pistol. That looks like a submachine gun. Make he'll use all sorts of different guns?