• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Imagine and NINE are like the sole exceptions.
Imagine was great...but now we can't play it anymore...*sad*

We do, but as SMT is seen as the Dark Souls of Persona, I doubt anyone cares about which content goes where.

This is probably old news, since I haven't been watching much of the shown gameplay for P4AU, but YES, Naoto can cancel crouching-C into specials! WOOOOOO!

I am a little upset that they gave her a refilling bullet meter, but heck, that makes sense as a nerf. I'll just learn to deal with it. Plus, she's gotten so many buffs, from the look of things, that I can't complain.

Guys I finally found some
Funky Student fan art
So stoked right now

10370806_1673989289493605_4492217400870803786_n.jpg

Please be in DAN
Please

That better be the P5 Velvet Room inroduction or my name isn't Fred

Hey look it's Golden Arena Elizabeth on the last floor

Makin' 7.2k combos look like hogwash

She can be beaten though

Also Rise dance super video showing all versions

Apparently you can choose which version you depending on if you do C, D, or the SP version
They all do the same damage
Also you don't have to press the buttons individually, you can press all four as long as it's with the rhythm

See look at the button history at the bottom
Just set a button to A+B+C+D and you're good to go

That
Is a little disappointing
Kinda takes out the point of it taking skill to get perfectly but hey whatevs
Anyhoo here's Rise and S.Rise combo vids
(I did mention Rise right)

Last edited:
by the way what do you guys think the theme for the p5 personas will be?
it could be egyptian to keep the liberation thing kinda going, but that's not the way it worked...

New personas based off Canopy Kingdom Trinity

Come, Aeon!

10407881_1674665152759352_4501868174169193159_n.jpg

10629769_1674675342758333_1961908038251844776_n.jpg

I'd like to see them do Norse or Celtic Mythology myself. Mostly Celtic.

that way Deirdre can be a Persona and not just a minor Genma in one of the spinoff games

Maybe it will be based on people and myths with disabilities, illness, social rejection, or loners involved. Maybe Typhoid Mary, Icarus, and Moses will be personas this time.

the ugly barnacle comfirmed for p5

So like
The Adachi/Ken matchup
It might be pretty bad
Considering the beam completely decimates doge
It takes a while to actually fire but if it does well

Just look (5:58)

Reactions: juju_for_president
Marie is now officially playable in P4U2 (in Japan, at least). A bunch of other new DLC has come with her, including new music packs.

Thanks for all the info on P4U. I've been anticipating this game more than any other for quite a while. I don't even have BBCP yet. But this game I hope to get around release date. Never played P4A online, and haven't played it in a long time.

I admit this game might cut into my Skullgirls time on weekends pretty heavily for a while. Anyone else going to try to keep up with both games?

Thanks for all the info on P4U. I've been anticipating this game more than any other for quite a while. I don't even have BBCP yet. But this game I hope to get around release date. Never played P4A online, and haven't played it in a long time.

I admit this game might cut into my Skullgirls time on weekends pretty heavily for a while. Anyone else going to try to keep up with both games?
I've already got Arena, and I'm trying to keep up with it by playing it online with some Dustloop friends every week. I've pre-ordered Ultimax, so once it comes out here, I'm gonna start playing that with them as well.

I still haven't gotten to play P4A quite yet, because I still need to play persona 4 to completion....
I at least am not worried about it, I'm just playing something else.
I hope I can at last play a little P4A with you guys before Ultimax drops.
I wanna use those glasses dammit

I've been preparing for Ulitmax by playing Score Attack Mode in P4A over and over again. My two best runs so far has been to Round 5 against Super Kanji.
Just a couple of weeks ago, I beat it. With regular Kanji.

Good Morning you guys
TWO WEEKS TIL IT GOES DOWN
READY FOR THAT PERSONA 4 ARENA ENCORE BABY

I'm ready to be jealous of all the people who are playing!

Could someone explain to me how the "S-Hold System" works? I haven't seen it until now.

Oh my god, is that short for Suplex-Hold System?

Could someone explain to me how the "S-Hold System" works? I haven't seen it until now.

Oh my god, is that short for Suplex-Hold System?

I think it works like the things in SFXT where you hold down certain special moves and get an EX version or hyper instead (you can hold down Hadoken to get Shinku etc.)
There is a meter to let you know when you are doing it though I'm not certain on how it feels
I didn't see anyone (and I didn't do it myself) on the EVO builds so yeah im just speculating off videos of other people doing it
Also yes I think it is short for that

Moonspeak trailer

See how the button stays lit when demonstrating S-Hold
That's why I think you have to hold it
Though unlike SFXT, you can just hold the button and not be doing a special attack first
Oh and I think I heard "Suplex Hold Gauge" said in there at around 0:27 so yeah it's probably short for that

Sounds about right, going off of what the English video showed. I wonder if there will be any combos that can only be done with S-Holding, or if it will just be to make things easier by letting you buffer inputs.

"Who are you looking forward to seeing in a swimsuit, senpai?" -Rise
>"Kanji of course, no question."
"Why the hell are you thinking about Kanji in a swimsuit, damnit!?" -Yosuke
*sweats*

Sounds about right, going off of what the English video showed. I wonder if there will be any combos that can only be done with S-Holding, or if it will just be to make things easier by letting you buffer inputs.
Dunno about combos that can only be done with S-Hold moves, but I've definitely seen occasion where using it would make finishing a combo or getting out of a sticky situation easier (because apparently, S-Hold versions of moves have slightly different properties from versions that are done with the usual motion).

10609476_1680483318844202_2501719422570957521_n.jpg

Spoiler: Sho is actually Yu is disguise I mean come on have you ever seen them in the same room together and if you have then whatever my theory still holds water like a cup without a bottom

Jesus, P5 Protagonist already has a Music Video
His popularity is rocketing
We don't even know his canon name

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=PWEaKY6oZ4M

Last edited:
Reactions: AxHell
For a second I thought Atlus was using 4chan arrows. I would have been so disappointed.