• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Anyways, it sucks that Atlus seems to have given #FE the death sentence with it's release schedule in Japan. I wasn't exactly rooting for that game but hopefully it's not too much of a hit to Atlus provided it doesn't do well over here.
well, at least you aren't celebrating it not selling well at retail like some pathetic shithead, that's always a good thing.

and I heard it's not doing bad digitally and the bundle that I showed off did get sold out completely.

Anyways, it sucks that Atlus seems to have given #FE the death sentence with it's release schedule in Japan. I wasn't exactly rooting for that game but hopefully it's not too much of a hit to Atlus provided it doesn't do well over here.

It's a mercy-killing.

I love buying weird shit in public because I'm larger than a normal guy, so I just kind of put the item down and puff out my chest a little.

I love buying weird shit in public because I'm larger than a normal guy, so I just kind of put the item down and puff out my chest a little.
f6a781565ae972ade487725f0c14ede8.jpg

well, the box art is not even that weird, people are just making shit up at this point.
image001.jpg

it's not even weird at all you big babies.

I dunno.The chick up front makes it a little too animu for my tastes.

I would buy this game AND have a conversion with the person at the counter
I did that for J Stars and Persona 4 Ultimax (keep in mind Yu has his chest out on the cover)
I don't really care if I'm seen with a box that has anime on it

I dunno.The chick up front makes it a little too animu for my tastes.
I really fail to see what a sweater and hair clips make her anime...

I really fail to see what a sweater and hair clips make her anime...

It's really her as a whole.The hair,the expression,the clips,the eye color,and her "sweater"(looks more like a school uniform in my eyes,maybe I'm dumb.),really gives her an animu look in my opinion.Not saying it's bad,just generic and not particularly interesting.

I can't remember the last time anyone cared what game I bought at a store. Not even saying I'm buying hyper dimension or anything like that but where do you all live where anyone says anything?

I can't remember the last time anyone cared what game I bought at a store. Not even saying I'm buying hyper dimension or anything like that but where do you all live where anyone says anything?
worst I've gotten is asking what genre of game it is or what happens.

which was awkward when the latter was asked after I was buying Virtue's Last Reward

I bought Conception 2 and the game rep was giving me weird looks.

I was like, "yes, EXACTLY what it says on the box".

i just don't buy games in person unless I really need to
computer can't give me dirty looks and if it does i can just call a priest

#FE spoilers

Actual thing that happens before the final boss. Actually actual.

You're serious?If that wasn't bad enough,people have already beaten it?

Last edited:
Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Marth

The Musical

the japanese remake of high school musical is weird
i don't even think they references the Wildcats

Can anyone redub that footage with real High School Musical music?
I request you use "We're all in this together" if you try

I can't believe Fire Emblem is dead.

Persona is ruining everything
even fire emblem
this is all Rise's fault
she made all this idol nonsense

No, we need to kill the source of the shit.

Teddie.

#FE spoilers

Who... Why?

A game that's not even Megaten or released in a language anyone here is fluent in appears to have broken the thread.

This is really sad.Can't we all just make High School Musical jokes until the game reaches us localized?

Persona is ruining everything
you all keep saying Persona this and that, Persona fans are hating it too.

it's a game being bombarded for not being anyone's taste.

You're serious?If that wasn't bad enough,people have already beaten it?
you know people can beat a game in a week if they literally play it non-stop.

They can also beat it quickly if it's just short.

you know people can beat a game in a week if they literally play it non-stop.
Shit it's been a week?
Time's moving by way too fast,I'm already getting grey hairs.

famitsu gave Jojo's ASB as 40/40
it's not credible
well thats not fair since most Japanese people love JoJo's.

I can't believe Fire Emblem is dead.
More like Atlus. I'm more worried for SMT itself since IV had a ton of issues. Fingers crossed for Final redemption.

#FE spoilers

I saw this last night at a friends house and was going to post it. This would be magical if it wasn't a huge time/money sink for Atlus.

I want to show that video to everyone who told me that the ruined city from the first trailer was indication that this game would go the "gothic and gritty" SMT route at some point.

I want to look them in their eyes as they see what this game became because Atlus bet on a safe horse instead of trying to do something different.

I want them to understand that this is the future they chose. This is the destiny they embraced.

Yeah I'm judging a game I've never played. But my god if this game hasn't already revealed it's entire hand in the months of leadup. This was just the cherry on top of the cake of disappointment.

I mean, I see where you're coming from even if it's a bit melodramatic.

although I don't think I really said the game would get gritty because of the destroyed city, I just felt it wasn't gonna be this entirely cutesy thing all the way through.

I mean, I see where you're coming from even if it's a bit melodramatic.

although I don't think I really said the game would get gritty because of the destroyed city, I just felt it wasn't gonna be this entirely cutesy thing all the way through.
Nobody here is attacking you dude. We know you like it, it just happens that the vocal majority of this thread is taking the piss out of this game.

I want this game to take place in the same universe as SMT IV, right before Tokyo is engulfed by rock and everyone is slaughtered by demons, including the characters of #FE.

Ugh. TBH, I was hoping this game would be really good for what it was. But all I'm hearing is that its mediocre and be done to death before. I can respect Atlus for getting that level of backlash and still pursuing their vision, but I can't support what this game is.

I'm wondering if they decided to make it more campy to contrast what they're doing with Final and P5...but if they wanted to go campy they should have put more effort into it to make it just a great crossover that appeals to both sides in some way.

Or if they wanted to make it 'Fire Emblem but in modern times sorta' like the one producer wanted they should have kept the combat system closer to what FE does, have weapons react to each other and make it more active or strategic.

I also feel their angle was stupid. Yes the Idol industry was super important to Japan and is thriving compared to our pop industry. Or at least theirs seems to be an overall more positive outlet compared to ours, but theming around this and music has been DONE TO DEATH. What they bring from it isn't even that interesting. The characters are performers so they can summon the spirits of warriors from another world...ok...so...? It doesn't take it much further than that. Unlike say Tales of the Abyss, where music IS magic and singing can being a great source of power as well as form the very fabric of how magic works, its just there as a light theming.

Basically, they needed a different theme, or to go full on with it. I know some people wanted a full on SRPG, but I'm fine if its more of a standard RPG as long as the elements of both were there and done right. Here...that just isnt the case...

Basically, they needed a different theme, or to go full on with it. I know some people wanted a full on SRPG, but I'm fine if its more of a standard RPG as long as the elements of both were there and done right. Here...that just isnt the case...
I think much in the way Digital Devil Saga took the standard turn based RPG and gave it an interesting wrinkle by incorporating buddhist ideology into it's mechanics, #FE could have done something interesting by having the player do idol things in combat.

One thing that really seemed cool about DDS was having to devour your enemies for skill points. Hunt skills were cool because it turned battles into hardcore pokemon and it fit in with the themes of the game. Everything about #FE tells me that the idol activities are reserved to the social events and combat cinematics rather than anything else.

It'd be cool if you had to play to the crowd to get damage multipliers (there is a ghostly crowd in most combat footage I've seen). Or maybe "perform" while in combat and give moves and spells an added attribute such as "flashy"/"Heroic"/"Erotic"/etc. And have the player choreograph their battle sequence to get maximum points. Different dungeons have different "tastes" so you need to change your skill loadouts to keep the crowd happy (Mirages have different forms and such).

Obviously any speculation of game mechanics is based on not having played the full game. and nothing will change what the final product is. But man, this game have been different in a lot of ways and seeing what looks like a bog standard RPG with an idol theme is boring.

Reactions: Stairwayyy