• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report Skullgirls 2nd Encore: Challenges, Trials, Voiced Story Mode, and More!

Also make it online. You do a combo, then it'll swap roles and they try to repeat what you did.
Force everyone to do Squigly BnBs all day mwahahahahahaha

Aside from you being wrong about who it was, I take issue with your phrasing.

If not Sony, then who???? Some evil publisher that will eventually try to do horrible things to this game after this initial kindness?

Illuminati?

There should be a trial to fight two Peacocks at once.

Leduc: Kyle Hebert

Kyle does not have a voice that works for teenage boys. He's too old sounding for that. Was this role picked to spite me or does Hebert really have a voice that can work? Because I cannot for the life of me picture Leduc sounding like Kamina or Aizen.

Kyle's done younger people before, like teen!Gohan

Teen Gohan is pretty much his Kamina voice though, isn't it?

Can console handle 4 characters onscreen at once?
current systems cant, but im pretty sure PC and PS4 can do that easily

Reactions: Ktulu
Speaking of "Jokes", will you be adding the "alternate" endings?
No?

current systems cant, but im pretty sure PC and PS4 can do that easily
You can totally have 6 characters, some bikes, some Lennys and some other projectiles onscreen pretty easily on anything.

Five months ago, Goodbye18000 spied a glimmer of Challenge Mode in a UI stream.

FqIy5Hd.png

So theoretically you can have a mission as a half-health Filia that can't jump versus three, infinite-meter, regenerating-health Maries that can only be hurt by hairballs. Or a StarWulf training mission: Beowulf who can't block vs. Parasoul, Peacock, and Cerebella in their Annie colors. It is exciting to think of all the possibilities.

How were the challenges devised? Was it open to the whole company to contribute any idea they thought funny or difficult to a whiteboard in the middle of the office with a header that reads "Challenges Torture for the Players"?

It better be called that still.

Beowulf who can't block vs. Parasoul, Peacock, and Cerebella in their Annie colors.

How does one even......

Once I get my Pair play mode, I will be the happiest fox.
I could just team up with everybody

I'm wondering more about how hard it's been to beta test the Challenge Mode fights vs. the regular beta since it's purely with the devs.

Survival mode? Voiced Story Mode? Is it x-mas already?

Catch the George at The Air Show with Big Band's A-Train
Wait, can you do that?

Okay, I thought I was missing out on a neat tactic I could have been using all this time.

Actually... I'm sorta curious about how trial mode will work. I can't wait to see how they teach the player odd timing, like Bella's c.mk, j.mp, j.hk restand, or timing on Peacock's Airdash combos, and whatever else. Also... curious about whether or not we'll be teaching the player the importance of some moves over others in a combo? Probably not that last one, that seems like a lot.

Arc System Works games include a "Demonstration" that shows the CPU performing the trial, which helps a lot. Seems like that would be a smart idea to add for Skullgirls Trials.

Reactions: Wenzel
Arc System Works games include a "Demonstration" that shows the CPU performing the trial, which helps a lot. Seems like that would be a smart idea to add for Skullgirls Trials.
A thing that prevented me from learning those combos when I was still new to fighting games was it felt like the combos moved through too quickly. I would try and get the first part down and then it would rapidly move through the rest of the long combo. Hopefully we can break it down into one or two chain segments should the player not want to see a flurry of chains they don't know how to do.

Is there any way we have a practice version of each trial where we can use savestates as a training wheel, and then have the "real" version of the trial where we must do the full combo at once in a "now try again without help" type of benchmark moment?

I really hope there are parry trials, or some challenges at least.

So is this going to come out with ALL the DLC characters? Or am I going to have to download them again?

The PS4/Vita comes with all the characters out-of-the-box
Think of it as the "Game of the year" complete edition

Actually, I was wondering: Are the DLC palettes also included in 2ndE, or will they still be a separate purchase

So, um, is this an entirely separate sequel? Or is it just a really big expansion pack or something like that? I can't tell...

So, um, is this an entirely separate sequel? Or is it just a really big expansion pack or something like that? I can't tell...
Same core game and characters as Skullgirls: Encore, but with vastly expanded single player content as well as crossplay/crossbuy between Playstation systems.

Uh, Yes?

A PC release hasn’t been officially confirmed, but will most likely become available as DLC for the existing game at some point in the near future.

2nd Encore could very well never be released to 360 and PS3

The PS4 version of 2nd Encore will be the only version of SG on that platform, and will also include all DLC characters thus far. The core game is basically the same and there will be cross-play with the old PS3 version, but there’s extra content, some minor visual improvements, and so on. The best comparison I can think of off the top of my head is the original release of MGS2 vs Substance.