• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Beta Aug 5th Patch Discussion

In training mode, in addition to holding the select button to delete a saved state or dummy recording can we have pressing the select button 3 times to switch between dummy recording, saving a state, and doing both?
I think this will mess things up more than it helps. I don't see anything wrong with just hitting pause and swapping the select button action.

Reactions: Pickles
I agree that Filia's cHP really needs to whiff less. It's so poor.
I'm okay with it being a poor anti air, but whiffing in combos too just.. feels bad man.
I do sHP ringlet spike loops on everyone it will work on for the damage/reset points, but also because I trust it more.
It's not a tradeoff of 'sHP is less consistent but gets more damage/options in ringlet psych loops' for me. cHP just kinda sucks.

Even a small hitbox expansion to make it not whiff in these situations would still leave it miles below how good Fukua's and Double's cHPs are, which I hope remains the case, but I'd like Filia's to be not as garbagey.

(Cause Double cHP is an incredible button and I will press it every day, all day.)

Reactions: softie
This isn't really balance/gameplay related but since we've been talking about training mode stuff I guess I can bring this up here too? IDK where else to mention it.

Every now and then I'll come across someone who will troll on the rematch screen by letting the 90 second timer run out without selecting anything. If I hit rematch right away, then if they don't respond I'm trapped. Can you let the player cancel out of their selection so they can go back and hit return to main menu if it looks like their opponent's idle?

In relation to this, on PSN it disconnects a lot. If found that one person will make it to character select and the other person will be left "Waiting For Join Confirmation" any way we could give an option to back out of the match and record a loss? No one really cares about their win/loss I don't think... So this shouldn't be too much to ask for, no? The person who actually made it to character select has to wait for the person "Waiting for Join Confirmation" to back out in order to exit character select. Can't count how many times I've been stuck on character select, with my team, ready to go, while the time is at 0 seconds and just not moving.

Reactions: PME
We don't know the point, Zid. That is why I asked.
It hitting Squigly/not dropping in the corner is one thing, but it is intended for Fukua's and Double's c.hp to be better than Filia's. That's intentional.

Sooo..... peacocks teleport + m item drop doesn't feel super broken strong to me. Some people are back dashing to avoid the item, and then going in after it drops. It's pretty interesting I think.

Anyone have any new thoughts or comments on it?

Reactions: ninja-nutria
Misreading my post?
Please do not answer a question that was never asked. Let me quote it again, you seem to be lost

I spoke in private about filia's c.hp. sometimes it whiffs in the corner(most notably, squigly). if you intended this normal to be like this then cool but wanted to know if this is what you wanted. If not could you improve it slightly?

I also would like to hear it from mike directly if this normal was intended particularly to whiff like what i described here.

Airthrow, H airball, dash cancel, s.mk c.hp, Ringlet, then the slp slp slk smp cmk s.hk H hairball.

now since @gllt said you can do s.hp and combos into ringlet then i will do just that!

Please do not answer a question that was never asked.
Do you have Worldjem blocked or something, can you not see his post? I was directly responding to him. Which... did suggest making it identical to Double's and Fukua's c.hp. I wasn't talking about your post at all.

@Mike_Z

Training mode request: Is there a way we can have the "not dummy" take dummy controls whenever you are recording something. Sometimes I try to record blockstrings, incoming blockstrings, and setups and trying to record it while the "not dummy" is getting hit is nigh impossible. If you can already do it, how?

thanks for testing this mike!

i like this teleport, is a good tool for punishing mashers and is not op, you can easily counter it, it's also NOT a substitute for mp.bang. it is a nice surprise attack and you will get beat if you spam it or mash it.

lk.teleport counters specials and supers better which you can bait and mp bang is good against projectiles and far normals because of the range, i am liking it.

i don't feel teleport+soid is OP but it might be a little too good, but once you get used to it you can easily defend against that.

anyways the only thing about lk.teleport is that it might be to easy to make a conversion from that, maybe push the opponent a little bit further?

i would go for this lk teleport version.

also my lenny reset doesnt work anymore...but i found a better lenny reset thanks to that!!!

I'm really starting to like the new L teleport. It's fun, just wished for better ways to convert off it and it will become my favorite Peacock buff aside from c.lk that I'm using quite well. I'm going to have to remember at Ceotaku that I won't be able to use that move *cries*.

it is! but when i made the suggestion for this teleport i had in mind something like mp bang i didn't even consider it to be able to convert as much as it does now, if you convert more easily it might become something too good for her at least thats what i think.

peacocks teleport + m item drop doesn't feel super broken strong to me. Some people are back dashing to avoid the item, and then going in after it drops. It's pretty interesting I think.
after doing a lot more testing and playing against it vs TJ I haven't really found anything that would make me call it broken. I'm starting to like this change.

In relation to this, on PSN it disconnects a lot. If found that one person will make it to character select and the other person will be left "Waiting For Join Confirmation" any way we could give an option to back out of the match and record a loss?
Seconded.
It sucks that, in this instance, the only way to escape is to restart the game
Also, not sure if there was an explanation somewhere about why we can't see our registered friends via the "Friends" tab on the leaderboards and I missed it? It works fine on the PS3 version.

And about Robo: She feels great, thank you

Edit: I'm glad Avery disappears when you use L Teleport, but shouldn't George explode too if in the vicinity of Lenny's explosion? As a combination, it's fine, it's just weird to me

Last edited:
Reactions: Wenzel
Quick stupid question, not sure if it's new or not.

If Val counters my assist, can I not block as a point character? I swear I got hit at least 3 times when he countered my assist and I was just blocking but we both got hit everytime

@Mike_Z Not beta related but Beo's airgrab is bugged, you can't crouch tech it.
Hold on is this actually a thing cause that would explain so much.

[Edit] You are talking about holding 1,2 or 3 while in the air and trying to tech correct?

I just looked at the newest patch notes, is there no way to return to the Punch-in-Place light teleport,

It worked really well as a knockoff assist, almost like half a groundbounce, and i already had a BnB for it.
Im all for what majority but the dashback l.teleport isn't really that good for me. It sucks we cant have a fake l.teleport thats just the punch-in

I just looked at the newest patch notes, is there no way to return to the Punch-in-Place light teleport,

It worked really well as a knockoff assist, almost like half a groundbounce, and i already had a BnB for it.
Im all for what majority but the dashback l.teleport isn't really that good for me. It sucks we cant have a fake l.teleport thats just the punch-in

Not actually proposing this but: You could have the teleport feint change to this, so you could take away ground bomb spawn and replace it with tag in animation. That way you could use L tele for movement and then punch for the feint to kinda get people off of you etc.

Also I'm p sure MZ said he's not doing both and the majority rules in this case.

Patch Notes:

It's the fourteenth of September!
14 SEPTEMBER - MIKE Z
...that's nothing special here, it's just the date.

As always, full changelist is HERE.

Title screen build ID 14608.

General
- Getting crumpled in the corner no longer pulls certain characters out of the corner.
- Bursting from a snapback hit is always a gold burst (always safe) even if it wouldn’t have been otherwise.
- Updated the dead zones for the analog sticks on PS4 to be a teeny bit larger. Not sure if better or worse, in reality, but it’s required. :^)
- Reshuffled a lot of the art to make more memory available on PS3, because there was at least one out-of-memory crash in lobbies on PS3. (;_;)

Fukua
- M Clone bounce height returned to normal; after-slam disappearance still faster, to let her summon other shadows earlier.
- Redrew the hitboxes on the active frame of s.LK so that it more reliably hits standing Painwheel and Ms. Fortune.

Filia
- Redrew the hitboxes on the active frame of s.LK so that it more reliably hits standing Painwheel and Ms. Fortune.

Big Band
- j.HP damage 900->1100, to give him back a bit of damage he loses by not having j.MK-MK-HP loops.
- Improved opponent's reaction when hit by gravity-scaled (3rd-and-after) j.MK-MK so you can continue.
- No longer wrongly gets the short recovery from j.HK when landing on the same frame it makes contact.

Eliza
- Lady of Slaughter startup 20f->17f. Still not invincible.

Ms. Fortune
- Headbutt +3f hitstun, 2f blockstun; Can now cancel the recovery after bouncing off into either Sneeze or Nom.
- Sneeze:
-- Trajectory is still more vertical and higher, but slightly more horizontal than previously.
-- Opponent movement returned to closer to how it was before.
-- Cooldown -25f (now same as Zoom) because of the extra travel time for the head.

Peacock
- MP Bang!
-- Active frames 2->4, to help it be just slightly more useful.
-- Increased knockback on hit and block. (Is this desirable, or not? Seems more useful to me...)
- In addition to cancelling a bomb toss into another bomb toss, she can now cancel the first bomb toss into a teleport by inputting D+K or QCB+K.
- LK teleport moves her backward, slightly less distance than a backdash. (Vastly preferred this over the punch-in-place.)
- L Teleport is not fake even while holding a punch button - M and H teleports still are.
- j.LP 9f->8f, hitboxes the same hitbox expanded downward AND vulnerable boxes expanded outward. No longer hits overhead if done before an airdash would have come out during a jump, like Eliza's j.LK. :^)
- M and H Georges (bombs) startup now 15f (down from 18 and 20).
- Attacks that touch Lenny still make hitsparks, but remain active. Opposing team’s attacks are still stopped when they hit him, like before, but he does not act like Egret Dive anymore.
- [bugfix] She can now jump-cancel her backdash! (Yes, this is a bugfix. This was a leftover from when it was airborne that I never had the chance to properly implement...but it makes very little sense that a runaway character was unable to do this, when even Valentine can cancel hers into a doublejump.)
- The first 3f of Teleport (before she is invincible) is now correctly super-cancellable.

Squigly
- H divekick works as OTG.

Valentine
- [bugfix] She can now jump-cancel ALL the grounded frames of her backdash at the beginning and the end.
Don't quote my post to discuss a change.
I don't want notifications because you don't understand something.

Kinda wish the punch LK Teleport was left in for a little longer for Peacock. I was just starting to figure stuff out with it.

I had no idea that not being able to jump after a backdash was a bug. I thought it was intentional for her.

More knockback on MP Bang lets you get the wallbounce from much further away and just pushes away more in general which is definitely better.

New bomb teleport cancels are interesting. Testing some jank with it currently.

Hold on is this actually a thing cause that would explain so much.

[Edit] You are talking about holding 1,2 or 3 while in the air and trying to tech correct?
Yep, that's what I'm talking about, and it is a thing, I tested it both in training mode and in a real match.
It's actually pretty major, I'm surprised no one noticed this.

Also, loving the headless changes, she feels much better now.

I don't think changing fake teleport to punch teleport is good. The Spawning bomb is much better because of the range, i am going to miss punch teleport it was fun but i am totally ok with back teleport, also now we got teleport cancel i need to test that it sounds too good.

Sad to hear about the punch teleport going, it was neat. And m teleport returning to fake during item is another sad loss as I was coming up with fun things with it but I can live. I'm not home atm but does item drop still scale to 75 percent? Didn't see it mentioned in the patch notes.

Oh and the other buffs seem nice, want to feel them in action later when I'm home.

I like the backward teleport way better, especially with the new bomb into teleport cancel.

I'm sad that the m teleport + item drop is gone. I was just starting to warm up to it.

I'm not home atm but does item drop still scale to 75 percent? Didn't see it mentioned in the patch notes.
Seems to be back to normal scaling.

@crumple in corner change.

Well Poccola_margherita what you gonna use now.

maybe staggering should make you walk back abit slower

edit: actually, the walk back rate is ok, it's just that beowulf sHK has too much pushback I think

Last edited:
So seems Peacock's item drop still scales to 75%. Iirc it was nerfed to that because of the M teleport changes, but since that was removed (as well as the L teleport which also benefited from item drop), should it not be reverted back?

If something is taken away to compensate for a buff, you shouldn't have to justify getting it back when the buff is reverted. 75% scaling isn't the end of the world, it's probably fine (I'm not familiar with Peacock's damage), but I don't think anyone needs to justify asking for it to go back to normal.

If something is taken away to compensate for a buff, you shouldn't have to justify getting it back when the buff is reverted. 75% scaling isn't the end of the world, it's probably fine (I'm not familiar with Peacock's damage), but I don't think anyone needs to justify asking for it to go back to normal.
even though there are still current buffs being tested?

I was curious cause i do not play the character, he does.

Exactly this, thanks Zid.
even though there are still current buffs being tested?
That is true but I just feel that the previous buffs of punch teleport and M teleport both gave her some good mixups and options with item drop, making the scaling needed. The new buffs to her M/H george are nice but don't exactly interact with item drop like the other buffs did. She already lost a bit of damage, I just don't see the point of keeping the move at 75% scaling.

None of the current buffs help make landing item drop easier. All of the current ones either help her land a hit outside of item (AA normals, better j.lp) or help her run away/make space (m bang, lk TP, backdash jump, etc.), which are the primary things people have been asking for help with. None of those buffs justify a nerf on item drop, imo.

Not sure if it's a big deal or not, but i've noticed that when the game is paused in Single Player (Arcade/CPU Quick Match, I can't test Story Mode for obvious reasons) if you choose "Exit Game" the game unpauses for a frame while it transitions to the next menu (Try Again/Play Again/Exit to Main Menu).

It doesn't break or crash anything mind you. It's just there.