• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Beta Aug 5th Patch Discussion

Pretty sure Diamond Deflector already does stagger on landing.
It does if stagger wasn't used yet in the combo.
Vs a grounded enemy it will always stagger.

Reactions: skull person
I'm also pretty sure L Bang > jMk is not a true combo.
You can shake that.
At least I've never been hit by it when I shake it.
You're correct, it doesn't combo if they shake. Although there was a bug that made L bang into j.MK link against Eliza and Big Band, but that bug was recently fixed.

Reactions: skull person
You want a peacock buff, make her stagger unshakeable and bam, midscreen meterless confirms

Can headless take less damage with the head based on ratio? 50% unscaled for every ratio makes it more and more painful to play headless in a trio.

trio v trio I take a ton of damage duo v trio I'm basically dead solo v trio I'm dead

Kinda like what was going to happen to poison vial except for the betterment of this poor guy (me) I almost never want to go headless unless I'm a duo or something.

I even made a thread about it but no one cared.

the numbers are only with unscaled supers but we already know how easy it is to tod fortune and it gets worse and worse for less bars as you go up in ratio because it's 50% unscaled across the board instead of whatever% based on ratio.

That would be awesome

Peacock level three out of airgrab

I mean it's one thing to say L item is useless but what exactly would you change about it? Also what would you give up to make it better? I don't get the impression Mike would consider straight up buffs to this character, at best she would have to trade better L item with something else.
To be honest, while it is rather useless, I'd rather see something done to her level 3 first and perhaps even L teleport before L item drop as those moves are also quite useless and M/H item do well enough. If I had to change it, perhaps the shadow is directly on her and follows her. Not sure if that has too many uses besides potentially trading with incoming aerials and such but I don't believe M item can fall directly on her.
video thing
Just tried it out against a few characters in training mode as I'm home now. At max range I couldn't get any confirms against an actually stagger-shaking opponent. Even at semi-max range, the best I could get was s.mp into nothing else except argus I guess.
What would that be? I can't think of a scenario where L bang (or any throw invincible move) would be better than just jumping and getting a CH on a correct read and not getting punished if they block it.
Well it certainly helps against excellebella+ground throw mixups, but it's main use is going into stagger- lenny then argusing or one last link into argus. And if it did cause stagger on hit against aerial opponents like how reflector does, maybe it would have more usefulness in certain situations.

Can headless take less damage with the head based on ratio? 50% unscaled for every ratio makes it more and more painful to play headless in a trio.

trio v trio I take a ton of damage duo v trio I'm basically dead solo v trio I'm dead

Kinda like what was going to happen to poison vial except for the betterment of this poor guy (me) I almost never want to go headless unless I'm a duo or something.

I even made a thread about it but no one cared.

the numbers are only with unscaled supers but we already know how easy it is to tod fortune and it gets worse and worse for less bars as you go up in ratio because it's 50% unscaled across the board instead of whatever% based on ratio.

I'd agree with this. I mainly play headless but I don't watch to switch to trio from duo for this exact reason (and it's also why I wouldn't recommend using headless as anything but solo/duo, but that's just me). Just doesn't seem worth it, you make one mistake and you're dead.

Reactions: Sunset Radiance
Why are Robo's offensive tools being nerfed again? I think nerfing the damage off every hit she did was quite a fair tradeoff for for getting cool neutral tools and giving more significance for the ones that were there but lacking oomph.

I really hate to come off as a brat complaining about shit but why can she not cross up after magnet in the corner? djc high low required blocking an assist or something to set up and j.MP has a terrible hitbox so if you try antiairing it with just about anything you'll win. The main reason I wanted to pick Robo up was so I could play a 'zoner' (not sure if Testament really counts as a zoner but that kind of zoner I guess) that was able to turn hits into strong offensive advantage for her and with good mixups.

All the changes to Robo essentially force her to play neutral and keep zoning, which is fine if we want another Peacock, but I thought the point of her being Guilty Gear-esque was so she wasn't another Peacock(/Cable). If it counts I'm totally ok with making Robo's damage extremely bad (I'll take 6k for a bnb) but I really think nerfing her offensive tools the way that has been done so far in the beta is overkilling it.

I kinda miss double cilia slide monster being -5

being -5 on block, still punishable by a couple things, but it was a useable tool, now slide's kinda useless besides combos, since its punished every time

Last edited:
Its still a half screen low that you can convert off of meterlessly
And breaks armor iirc

Every other Lv3 besides Cerebella's is invincible from the first frame until after the first active frame (in Robo's case until up to 30f after recovery, and in PW's case invincible through the superflash and armored directly afterward). Cerebella is the only character whose Lv3 takes damage before the flash, or can be STOPPED at ALL before the superflash, since she can be thrown.
Uh... Peacock?

I really hate to come off as a brat complaining about shit but why can she not cross up after magnet in the corner?
If Beowulf, the "knock you down and vortex you" character, doesn't get to cross up in the corner, nobody else should be able to.

Reactions: Saske
Uh... Peacock?
Peacock is the one exception because she can't actually do her level 3 in neutral or as part of a combo or DHC. The only way to do it is to confirm off of a grab, a grab that can be teched out of even if they're staggered.

Peacock is the one exception because she can't actually do her level 3 in neutral or as part of a combo or DHC. The only way to do it is to confirm off of a grab, a grab that can be teched out of even if they're staggered.
He literally meant that it was stoppable before the flash, which in peacocks case, is true.

I can't think of a scenario where L bang (or any throw invincible move) would be better than just jumping and getting a CH on a correct read and not getting punished if they block it.
Do not remind me about M Danger... I literally can't find anything for it. I guess I can end with it and be +4, but why that when I can end combos in [s.MP] and be +10 instead if need be?

Also on the "reduce unscaled damage on Fortune's head just a bit" train

Reactions: Cattfish
He literally meant that it was stoppable before the flash, which in peacocks case, is true.
Yeah but in that case there's no flash to begin with because the required conditions aren't met.

That's like saying you can stop an air super by just never letting them go airborne. Yeah it's technically true but it's also missing the point of what was being said for the sake of being "right." There's semantics and then there's nitpicking where it doesn't change anything.

In the case of Cerebella's level 3. She's already committed to the attack animation and will spend that 3 meter once the super flash comes up. You can interrupt her though. In the case of Peacock's, she's committed to her throw -- not her super -- her throw.

To chime in on the previous "H Gato" conversation that was looked over a bit

There's more damaging versions I do but...
...you get the idea
(Last 5 characters can just be fuzzied into it, including Fortune, but just showing some "practical examples" just incase. I didn't think it was necessary to record Fukua too)

H Gato's damage/meter gain should be a bit lowered, but I don't think it's necessary to lose the combo itself.

Also
I still don't know what's causing this.
For some reason, getting that "grounded" airdash causes her not to autocorrect off of a SJC until she lands again.

New m shadow feels very fun in combos. I would only ask that it bounce them slightly higher and allow me to hit them sooner.

Also, as fun as this is, is it intended to replace the old m shadow altogether? The vertical height and the vacuum was what made her, assist wise (for how I used her, anyway). Probably no one would agree, but if we can only have 3 shadows I would rather get rid of the overhead shadow before the old m shadow. Could probably make the shadow unblockable vs ground if released as early as possible. It seems about the same speed as her armored grab, so why not?

Oh. And don't know how intentional it is, but if you are really close when m shadow hits, she'll bounce her away from herself. So, towards the corner instead of towards Fukua.

I dunno if this is a terrible idea or not, but I would just make Peacock's grab super a standard super. For example, you activate it, super flash, she wiggles her fingers a little bit like with Lonesome Lenny, then she does her grab animation and if that hits, she does her level 3 super. No need for new assets. At least, i don't think so.

For Light Teleport, does that really have any notable difference to her Medium teleport outside of distance? I imagine if it were faster she could maybe use it in her combos to cancel recovery once per combo, but then she'd probably need to take a damage nerf either on use of the move or in general. I can only imagine how some people would freak out over a general nerf, though. Alternatively you could make it throw invincible (during all of startup at least). Only reason I really bring that up is that if your opponent calls jump and tries to Anti-Air throw instead of your predicted ground throw, teleport brings you below the ground, not over it. A few times my friend would use M or H Teleport when I called a jump and thus he would dodge under A Train. It has the benefit of not being aerial and thus not being weak to Anti-Air, so if L Teleport was throw invincible it means that at close range you have a method of avoiding ground throws that is safe from anti-air throws. Which, come to think of it, is about the only reason I can think of to use throw invincible moves.

Edit: I mean L Bang staggers, but it's probably one of the only throw invincible moves, that's not a command throw, I can think of that has another use? I dunno if these are good ideas anyway, but I think more ideas is better if it means a good idea eventually comes out of it.

Last edited:
So you're saying to have less of a reason to use L Bang then

I like New shadow alot! Far more than M shadow because i now have a use to use St.HK to high profile lows into M shadow when i want to make that read. Definitely prefer this over M shadow since i sorta just autopiloted into it alot and it was still the same old reset.

Also H shadow is the god what are you fukua players SAYING

>fortune
>peacock
>buffs
hqdefault.jpg

@Zidiane

Curse you Plankton, and your ability to confirm off of M. Shadow!

Why does fukua go 4398756389476593846590823 feet when the opponent is hit. Mad good. (This is with anything that puts the opponent into hitstun I'm pretty sure)

@Mike_Z

Last edited:
So Fukua's M Shadow picks up speed and goes infinitely until it hits the opponent IF they are in hitstun.
Oh, Mock ninja'd me.

Yeah check this out, new Savage Bypass H:

This is probably to allow her to convert from sHK / Grabs during combos when it hits, but not go fullscreen during neutral.

Works for Peacock H Bang and all that jazz.

I bring up Cerebella's sweep because it has little risk when compared to the rest of the cast. Generally sweeps are meant to be a the furthest normal low option when used in ground control. Being able on put the opponent in a situtaion where they have to deal with a far-reaching safe normal option that also knocks down is too strong of a tool.

Other characters sweeps from close range:
Character:Startup:Frame Advantage
Squigly: 15 : -11
BigBand: 19 : -16
Eliza: 24 : -42
(can become less neagtive when spaced)
Ms.Fortune: 13 : -10
Peacock: 17 : -33
Painwheel: 20 : -12
(charged becomes 40: -15)
Filla: 12 : -27
(can become less negative when spaced)
Valentine: 17 : -18
Parasoul: 18 : -15
Double: 17 : -18
Fukua: 12 : -27
(can become less negative when spaced)
1Beowulf: 19 : -14 (with chair)
2Beowulf: 25 : -31(without chair)
RoboFortune: 13: -16
(can become less negative when spaced
Cerebella: 18: 0

You mentioned that Bella's sweep cannot be made positive while other characters can. Other character need to perform other action that could potentially lead to reversal, pushblock, or pushblock guardcancel opportunities while Bella is initially safe.

Just make Peacock's bangs a fireball motion instead of a dragon punch motion if she needs a buff.

I like New shadow alot! Far more than M shadow because i now have a use to use St.HK to high profile lows into M shadow when i want to make that read. Definitely prefer this over M shadow since i sorta just autopiloted into it alot and it was still the same old reset.

Also H shadow is the god what are you fukua players SAYING

I know H shadow is good, but if I were to choose to lose 1 out of the 3, I would prefer to keep the launcher over the overhead. I think all 4 types are really good and useful in their own ways!

Mad good. (This is with anything that puts the opponent into hitstun I'm pretty sure)

Yeah Midi and I were doing this with Val sHK sHK MClone sHK otg HBypass (scoop)

Reactions: mpgame99
I don't like the new j.mk. I mean yeah you can link into bigger buttons after the second and third use of it but getting there is tricky and the result ends up doing less damage than a more typical combo route. I'm also having a lot of trouble getting any use out of it against light characters, since the second and third uses keep whiffing.

I also don't really see the potential for new and cool resets off of it when good use of the first hit of j.mk provides basically the same opportunities. If you wanted to fall faster you could already do that by not pushing j.mk a second time.

It's also a pain to work with in training mode just by itself since I need to do a bunch of j.mks in a combo before I can even get to the stuff I want to test.

In short, maybe I'm both bad and dumb and can't see its true utility but right now I don't like it.

EDIT: I guess if you consider cooler-looking combos a virtue it has that at least.

Just make Peacock's bangs a fireball motion instead of a dragon punch motion if she needs a buff.

IT ALREADY IS

Reactions: Mocktopus