• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Beta Aug 5th Patch Discussion

Beo Chairless cHP>Arm.

I only had this problem vs 1 player when I first started to play this game. I got hit with about 4 times before I was like "Okay, that's an option he has. Now I just have to put the fear of god in him not to use it". Basically, I see it as a this is a risk reward thing. In terms of Alpha Maul I'm fairly certain everyone can punish that on reaction somehow? I'm not certain but I seem to remember something about that. I think it's fine cause like some other things in this this game it's a choice and if the choose the right one you win. Then it becomes about how the player can manipulate the opponent's choices to be able to control the outcome to your advantage. Unless, they are insane usually punishing once or twice (or 6 times) makes them not use it anymore which takes away that option. And visually it's fine. I mean there's a ton of wonky visual things in this game but that one is laughable. Especially, when 1>Call assist exists.

TL;DR - That move IMO is fine, it's a player v player move more than a character v character move. Do you know it's an option? Punish it. Force the mistake and kill them for being stupid.

Fortune players
I came up with - Headbutt and Zoom have to be press+released within ~18f, if you hold HP longer than that it won't attack when you release it. That way you can move the head and everything without having to attack or requiring a counterintuitive motion for movement. (Assists work this way in MvC2.)
Thoughts?
Sounds good, but hard to really say without having tried it out myself.

Would this just be you hold HP for more than 18f or do you also have to be holding down? If the former, wouldn't this make doing ground string, M Cat Scratch, Zoom! in combos impossible since you have to hold HP during those combos (and probably some more combos)?
I imagine it'll still be possible, you'll just have to hold HP right before M rekka hits and release right after it ends, as opposed to just holding HP while doing your ground string.

lmfao people asking for chairless beowulf nerfs reminds me of people asking for big band parry nerfs but somehow worse

Yeah, can't super during techs but I guess I didn't count that as part of the normal since it's more of a universal mechanic.
They have no supercancel before the tech part, but it's during the part of the move that looks like they already are fallen over.

Would this just be you hold HP for more than 18f or do you also have to be holding down? If the former, wouldn't this make doing ground string, M Cat Scratch, Zoom! in combos impossible since you have to hold HP during those combos (and probably some more combos)?
You can just tap it again, no?

I mean, it's equally easy to do whatever, so lemme leave you some choices:
- [HP] -> ]HP[ has to happen within 18-20f in order to get Headbutt or Zoom. This is my choice because you can tap the button again to do the move if you need to hold it for extended periods first.
- ]HP[ while holding straight down will not give Headbutt or Zoom. This seems likely to cause problems with beginners.
- ]HP[ while holding any Down direction will not give Headbutt or Zoom. This also seems likely to cause more problems that it solves.
- ]HP[ while holding any Up direction will not give Headbutt or Zoom. ????

I imagine it'll still be possible, you'll just have to hold HP right before M rekka hits and release right after it ends, as opposed to just holding HP while doing your ground string.
You'll probably just be able to release and press again to zoom.

But I think I'd rather have an input move the head tbh...

I mean, it's equally easy to do whatever, so lemme leave you some choices:
- [HP] -> ]HP[ has to happen within 18-20f in order to get Headbutt or Zoom. This is my choice because you can tap the button again to do the move if you need to hold it for extended periods first.
- ]HP[ while holding straight down will not give Headbutt or Zoom. This seems likely to cause problems with beginners.
- ]HP[ while holding any Down direction will not give Headbutt or Zoom. This also seems likely to cause more problems that it solves.
- ]HP[ while holding any Up direction will not give Headbutt or Zoom. ????

The first solution sounds better than using an input to move the head.

I guess we'll see once we're able to test it out.

I don't think beowulf arm into super needs to be touched. He's spending a bar on the gamble that you can't just sit on your hands for a second. If he gets blocked, punish, if he does air thing, you might be able to punish. I know a couple characters have normals that can smack him, and bella can excellebella point blank after flash to grab him.

he does air thing, you might be able to punish. I know a couple characters have normals that can smack him, and bella can excellebella point blank after flash to grab him.
You're still in blockstun from cHP.

Unless it's very little he should be able to leave.

?

Sonic was abusing a neutral/back jump + j.LP to time H Airball to look either grounded or airborne > c.LK/j.LK
But I'll leave that to the Filia experts.
OH @CaioLugon or @PME or whoever plays Fortune, if you have input suggestions for being able to move the head and end without it attacking, I'm all ears! Currently it is [HP] + UF/F/DF/DB/UB/B. Perhaps releasing HP while holding an U direction wouldn't attack or something, but I tried to figure out how to make that not confusing...and couldn't...
@PME @CaioLugon etc Fortune players
I came up with - Headbutt and Zoom have to be press+released within ~18f, if you hold HP longer than that it won't attack when you release it. That way you can move the head and everything without having to attack or requiring a counterintuitive motion for movement. (Assists work this way in MvC2.)
Thoughts?
'If you hold HP for 18f or longer and not get Heabutt/Zoom' seems like the correct solution here, and I prefer it a lot. HOWEVER, the issue that Lex brought up involving M Cat Scratch > Zoom conversions is a thing I'm concerned about. Khaos, I don't know if you have combos that don't get affected by this, but there are plenty of corner headless combos I do that involve holding HP for around 20f~ to avoid hitting the head with M Cat Scratch and still Zoom to convert (especially on lights).
So to solve this: Would it be possible to make M Cat Scratch not affect the head?
This way, you can keep the aforementioned movement option for the head (which I think is the best one) and still have M Cat Scratch midscreen/corner combos largely the same.

Reactions: Lex
If I'm still in blockstun, how would he ever hit me with arm super? Or did I misread why people were complaining?

Last edited:
If I'm still in blockstun, how would he ever hit me with arm super? Or did I misread why people were complaining?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
I quoted the part about Air Wulf, not gigantic arm.

I quoted the part about Air Wulf, not gigantic arm.
I was talking about the general theme of people talking about it, and like three people were talking about arm (I thought). I actually didn't see your post.

Idea for Peacock Zoning Revamp

Allow 3 bombs onscreen at once

Double (Or increase) recovery for having 3 bombs out at once
Recover quicker for only throwing out 1 bomb at a time. Or keep the rest the same so she is still beatable

A simple revamp that would allow peacocks to have short bursts of projectile power which can counter full screen pokes like Big band or Beo. Because in my experience, any full screen armored pokes can get peacocks without much punishment.

You try to punish him
This is one of the least annoying things about beo to deal with. Why is this being discussed.

If you're in blockstun, his only option is to spend bar to run away or go into recovery. Once in recovery, he can spend a bar to catch upbacks, or spend a bar to catch buttons. Either way he's spending bar on a gamble that you just can't sit on your hands for 2 seconds.

If you sit still and he does airwulf, AA him. If you sit still and he does arm, HCH him. The only time you get hit is if you are impatient. The only thing he can do to beat your "sitting still" tech is by doing lvl 3 grab or that other command grab. He probably can't even walk forward grab if you just hold back woth how minus he is. His command grab can be reacted to if you're looking for it.

Reactions: softie
HOWEVER, the issue that Lex brought up involving M Cat Scratch > Zoom conversions is a thing I'm concerned about. Khaos, I don't know if you have combos that don't get affected by this, but there are plenty of corner headless combos I do that involve holding HP for around 20f~ to avoid hitting the head with M Cat Scratch and still Zoom to convert (especially on lights).
I do. That's why I'm saying, just tighten up the timing on when you hold and release HP, or, according to Mike, double tap.

So to solve this: Would it be possible to make M Cat Scratch not affect the head?
That'd kill hurt cr.HK + Cat Scratch enders.

Reactions: gllt
This is one of the least annoying things about beo to deal with. Why is this being discussed.

If you're in blockstun, his only option is to spend bar to run away or go into recovery. Once in recovery, he can spend a bar to catch upbacks, or spend a bar to catch buttons. Either way he's spending bar on a gamble that you just can't sit on your hands for 2 seconds.

If you sit still and he does airwulf, AA him. If you sit still and he does arm, HCH him. The only time you get hit is if you are impatient. The only thing he can do to beat your "sitting still" tech is by doing lvl 3 grab or that other command grab. He probably can't even walk forward grab if you just hold back woth how minus he is. His command grab can be reacted to if you're looking for it.
1. mike explained the thing about c.hp. and its already been done.
2. chairless c.hp does not go into cmd throw so his only choice is wulfamania.

As long as I can do
and
then I'm happy. Also I used link insert, if these embed, I'll scream.

EDIT: I hate this forum software so much.

Reactions: softie and hilaryyy
they embed. prepare to scream.

"This is one of the least annoying things about beo to deal with."
seriously asking, what is the most annoying thing to deal with then? his specialty for hard knockdown? the hop normals being really +? what exactly is the most annoying thing?

seriously asking, what is the most annoying thing to deal with then? his specialty for hard knockdown? the hop normals being really +? what exactly is the most annoying thing?

Over time, midscreen canis major presses become obvious. Half the time he is going to try to cross you up. What's really annoying is having to hold the Geatish Trepak. That crumple is too gdlk for someone to handle.

And for those who did not know, Geatish Trepak = the actual name of the "chair dance" grab stance throw.

Would it be okay to throw a beowulf out of chairless c.Hp > arm? Or is that a dumb suggestion

Would it be okay to throw a beowulf out of chairless c.Hp > arm? Or is that a dumb suggestion
Arm is the "all in" level 1 that beats throw.

His chair toss is vulnerable to throws so the level 1 is the move you use to keep people in check when they keep throwing chair toss.

If arm also lost to throws, he'd only get a true reversal when he has 3 bars, which would suck.

He could still just counter hit you out of the start up or your regular throw in between the cHP > arm gap anyway unless you did an invincible one.

Filia has drill confirms, Fortune has nom confirms, Bella has the situational deflector, parasoul has bike call, Eliza has sewer servant, big band has giant step which can confirm at certain ranges, Painwheel has nails, fly in, j.mp, squigly has mk spear and sing super.

every single one of those besides SBO, which costs meter, and PW nails is either much slower than M shadow, requires positioning of another resource (i.e. fortune head), or doesn't get a combo (big band has to be MUCH closer to get a combo off H step than fukua does to get a combo off of M shadow). Most of those (nails being in this category) also have the property of being VERY unsafe if the opponent expects it and gets nearer to you, which M shadow doesn't thanks to the tracking. Even if they expect it and move to close the gap you still get to be plus for throwing out a move that could potentially give you a full combo from it landing almost anywhere on the screen. The only reason retail M shadow properties at neutral would be OK is because shadows go away if you breathe on them now so you don't have to respect them as much but I still think the move having all these good properties shouldn't give you a combo so easily too.

You can grab him out of chairless c.HP because it has a slow-startup and has armor. You can also grab him out of H Hurting Hurl. You can grab him out of anything that doesn't involve meter. And like Liam had said, Arm is one of his most powerful reversals, and having to rely on Wulfamania would genuinely suck.

@KhaosMuffins Really not sure how I feel about double-tap, but I'd probably just adapt.

Edit: Cat Spike only being able to be done with M/H would be a nice QOL change. Not sure how many other Fortune players get it while going for a crossup j.LP and buffering L Gato but negative-edging into Cat Spike though

Last edited:
Sonic was abusing a neutral/back jump + j.LP to time H Airball to look either grounded or airborne > c.LK/j.LK
But I'll leave that to the Filia experts.
Heeeh, DIRTY, I like it. Pushblock still beats both.

I don't know if you have combos that don't get affected by this, but there are plenty of corner headless combos I do that involve holding HP for around 20f~ to avoid hitting the head with M Cat Scratch and still Zoom to convert (especially on lights).
So what I currently have is:
HP->release within 22f = do the move.
Holding HP->release->press again within 11f = do the move. So in the case of M Scratch you can tap it again and you'd get the Headbutt.

Reactions: hilaryyy
Holding HP->release->press again within 11f = do the move

Doubletap will take some getting used to, but I feel it will work out in the longterm to circumvent problems that would have come up from one of the other suggestions, like holding an up direction to not get the move.

I've been avoiding posting here, since I'm not nearly knowledgeable enough to give good opinions on balance changes, but one minor thing about Fukua that I'd like to call attention to is how her s. LK is incredibly inconsistent with when it hits, due to how skinny the hurtbox for it is, to the point where it'll whiff on Ms. Fortune more than half the time if it's not right in her face, thanks to her bouncy hitbox. (Yeesh, talk about a run-on sentence). Maybe we could widen it a bit to make things more consistent?

Not gonna comment on her other stuff, though I think they make her a more interesting character overall, outside of minor displeasure about L Shadow no longer breaking armor. I feel like that's way too important a tool against BB, Bella, and to a lesser extent Painwheel to remove. (Though now that I say that, I'm racking my brain to think of any other character who can get a full combo off an armor breaking move, and I'm coming up blank).

I've been avoiding posting here, since I'm not nearly knowledgeable enough to give good opinions on balance changes, but one minor thing about Fukua that I'd like to call attention to is how her s. LK is incredibly inconsistent with when it hits, due to how skinny the hurtbox for it is, to the point where it'll whiff on Ms. Fortune more than half the time if it's not right in her face, thanks to her bouncy hitbox. (Yeesh, talk about a run-on sentence). Maybe we could widen it a bit to make things more consistent?

Not gonna comment on her other stuff, though I think they make her a more interesting character overall, outside of minor displeasure about L Shadow no longer breaking armor. I feel like that's way too important a tool against BB, Bella, and to a lesser extent Painwheel to remove. (Though now that I say that, I'm racking my brain to think of any other character who can get a full combo off an armor breaking move, and I'm coming up blank).
Well, the upside is that M Shadow breaks armor now, so you still have that going.

(Other armor-breaking moves that lead to combo: throws, hitgrabs, snapbacks)

Next beta patch is live:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/detail/803152982116580356

Notes:

General
- Updated the look of the timer and the Drama/undizzy bar when it’s full, so that people can tell which version of the game they’re looking at! THANKS, BRADY!
- Any snapback during which bursts are allowed can now be bursted for the first few frames after the hit, before the character leaves the stage.
- Training Mode Block Type “Random” will now correctly block all hits high and low after being touched the first time, rather than randomly choosing per hit. (thanks Pickles!)
- Training Mode “Counterhit" option now supports: Never, First Hit Only, Always, After First Hit, and Random. (thanks SonicFox)

Peacock
- c.MP pulls in very slightly on hit, and pulls down very slightly on air hit. Should help with conversions.
- Lower the vulnerable boxes on c.LK, to help it be a slightly better antiair.
- Lenny no longer stops any hits or projectiles from his ally team; every hitbox pushes him like before, but passes through and can still hit other things. Opposing team projectiles and attacks are still stopped when they hit him. Allies can’t chain off hitting him now, however - it’s the same as hitting Egret Charge.
- LK teleport now moves her backward, slightly less distance than a backdash. (I’m not sure I like this, but we can try it.)
- P > K input priority for special moves: QCB+P+K now gives Item Drop, QCT+P+K now gives Bang. It seems like this would be something people want, but if I'm wrong let me know!
- Small damage reductions on some normals: c.HP 900->800; j.HK first hit 900->800, Avery hits 450->400; j.HP 1200->1050; s.HK 1000->950.
- Widened the hitbox of MP Bang! a bit near Peacock’s body, so that it doesn’t miss certain crouching attacks or hitstuns up close. (amabane)

Fukua
- Fixed the M Forever A Clone section of her tutorial. :^P
- Remove extra post-superflash delay when Fukua’s Lv5 is done after a PBGC.
- Lv3 damage 5100->4900. Just a teeny bit.
Forever a Clone:
-- Clones are (again, correctly) not hittable as assists.
-- Clones do not disappear if they are hit by a burst, because the burst also doesn’t count as “having hit” if it touched a Clone.
-- L Clone breaks assist armor, but not point. (I think this is fair compromise.)
-- M Clone bounce height lowered because it makes conversions miss less often; after-slam disappearance sped up to let her summon other shadows earlier.
-- Held Clones are now pulled by the screen edges like Fortune’s head.

Robo-Fortune
- L/M beam damage still 600 (up from 400), chip damage to *350* (up from 250, down from 400) on L/M beams.
- Beams do not receive any counterhit damage bonus. They still subtract undizzy on counterhit, but there's no extra damage.
- Frame data adjustments:
-- Headrone Impact block advantage +29 -> +17.
-- c.HP block advantage -11 -> -12.
-- c.WK block advantage +3 -> +1.
-- s.WK block advantage +0 -> +2.
-- s.LP-LP block advantage +3 +3 -> +2 +0.
-- c.LP and c.LP-LP block advantage +3 -> +0.
-- s.MK -1f startup, +3f recovery.
-- s.MP +2f startup; s.MP hold block advantage +6 -> +0..
- s.HP last hit also pulls in, even on block; add 7f recovery so that it is not +6 on hit and right next to the opponent. :^P Scales to 85% on hit, to reward her a little less for starting combos with it.
- Ground throw knocks the opponent much farther away; can still combo off it with Magnet or reset into with beams into more zoning, but meterless conversions are much shorter/less damaging, even with assists.
- Dash velocity 24px/frame -> 23px/frame; during Lv3, 28px->27px. (Basically does nothing up close, but fullscreen it makes a difference.)
- Magnet minimum damage is now 1000 even.
- Reverted the change where Headrone Salvo would stop summoning heads if the point character got hit; this assist is good enough that I’d like it to come with this risk.
- Last hit of H Danger +4f hitstop on heavy assists, to allow OTGless Cannon afterward against all assists.
- c.LK->s.MK is now a blockstring. Block advantage of c.LK unchanged.
- DHCs to Lv1 or Lv3 Cannon are always blockable after the superflash unless you are attacking, no matter how quickly the DHC is done. Lv5 can still be made unblockable with a perfect DHC from certain supers.

Cerebella
- The first hit of Diamond Dynamo will no longer hit as a crossup if the opponent is not in hitstun. This makes it much less useful as a catch-all antiair but doesn’t change it as a combo tool.
- Lv3 damage 5500->5200, all from the first hit so counterhit damage is lessened also.
- Remove extra post-superflash delay when Cerebella’s Ultimate Showstopper is done after a PBGC.

Eliza
- [bugfix, that I caused with these changes] In Weight of Anubis, Albus now properly leaves without attempting to grab if Eliza is hit anytime before the manhole cover flies off.
- s.HPx3 (non-knockdown version) 3rd hit now has the same hitstun as the 2nd hit, not less, to allow Dive and things to combo after it on everyone.

Ms. Fortune
- All normal attacks except s./c./j.HP, as well as Fiber Uppercut, are scaled by 10% (to 90% damage) when she has her head on...because...of...the...effort of keeping her neck together? Sure. That. Anyway, they’re scaled.
- After H El Gato has been used once in a combo, further uses cause regular knockdown vs grounded opponents rather than floor bounce.
- Headless improvements:
-- The head’s damage taken is now affected by Fortune’s damage scaling. Single hits do the same amount, even when they hit the head and body, but combos on the pair together do less than before. Ex: taunted SSJ in corner 5286 normally, 8474 on both before -> 7383 now; Copter+Dynamo in corner 3267 normally, 5183 on both before -> 4056 now; Death Crawl in corner 2367 normally, 3915 on both before -> 3298 now.
-- Added a 5f input buffer on Headbutt/Zoom/Nom, and a 10f buffer on Sneeze. Now you can reversal with head attacks!
-- By holding HP and pressing Left or Right, the head will walk around. Can’t be done during supers/etc.
-- Headbutt and Zoom require the HP button to be pressed-and-released within 22f, or released-and-pressed-again within 11f. This should help allow her to walk the head around but still be able to attack with it whenever she wants. We’ll see!
- Sneeze:
-- The head is now invincible all the way through the end of the active frames.
-- Trajectory is much more vertical and higher.
-- Hitstun +5f, blockstop +4f.
-- (Feral Edge version unchanged.)
- Headless Cat Scratch Fever’s ending drill hits now don't whiff on any crouch-blocking characters.
- c.LK->s.MP and c.LK->s.MK are now blockstrings. Block advantage of c.LK is unchanged.

Painwheel
- Grounded QCT+P+K now gives Buer Reaper instead of Gae Bolga Stinger.
- All Buer Reapers scale to 70% while Installed, instead of the usual 50%.
- Actually fixed Thresher being able to physically hit the point character without grabbing them, now each hit either grabs or will not make contact with the point.

Parasoul
- Egret Dive salute time (recovery) +43f; meter gain for absorbing projectiles reduced.

Squigly
- P > K input priority for stances, so now she can reversal DP + assist.
- You can now call assists during stances! This means QCT+assist gives you assist plus the stance attack, and if your inputs are good, while holding a stance you can call assists. :^) All other cancels should still work the same way, I hope. Please inform me if something feels strange!

Valentine
- Countering bursts with Acquisitive Prescription now gives proper undizzy bonus on the next hit. Damage still scaled to 50%
- Added a 10f buffer window for doublejump or airdash after a successful air Bypass.
- Vial Hazard assist:
-- Automatically throws a syringe if called when she has any poison loaded.
-- As an assist, loading poison counts as using your assist for the current combo.
-- As an assist, the loading pose is always the same length, which is 11f longer than a Lv3 load on point.
- Fukua’s shadows properly disappear if Valentine counters Fukua with Acquisitive Prescription.
- Countering a Countervenom with Acquisitive Prescription or Countervenom now gets rid of the poison. (She's still visually poison-colored during the superflash, but I can't fix that - she's not really poisoned.)
- s.MP and s.MK first hits +1f hitstun (blockstun unchanged) so that Acquisitive Prescription -> s.MP(1)/s.MK(1) -> s.HP properly combos. The real bug is that Acquisitive Prescription causes 1f less hitstop on the opponent, but this fixes the edge cases that occur in practice. :^P

Well, the upside is that M Shadow breaks armor now, so you still have that going.

(Other armor-breaking moves that lead to combo: throws, hitgrabs, snapbacks)

A lot of these don't hit assists, though! When people talk about breaking armor, I'm sure a LOT of them are thinking about armored assists too.
Fukua lost LClone vs the HBrass matchup.

Edit: nice, and now it breaks armored assists. Thanks Mike!

As an assist, loading poison counts as using your assist for the current combo.
As an assist, the loading pose is always the same length, which is 11f longer than a Lv3 load on point.

Welp

My initial thoughts are that the Peacock damage nerfs aren't all that bad, only lose about 600-700 damage on my main combos. The anti air things should be useful but have yet to test them in a good set just yet. I do have one thing I'm curious about though, is it a bad thing if c.mp had more hitstun? I'm guessing it's based on distance to an aerial opponent, but at times it links into s.hk and other times (most of the time) it doesn't.

As far as damage goes, I'm more sad about j.hp than anything else, I used that move to rack up a good amount of CH damage against pretty much everyone that tried to jump over bombs and such. I'll get over it, just loved the big chunks it did in 2 vs 3.

I don't know how I feel about L teleport or the Lenny change yet. It seems good but my team isn't based on Peacock keepaway( like running two assists like brass, bomber, beam etc), I feel in that sort of a team it could be ridiculously good.

Robo's beams doing less chip and no CH is definitely nice for Peacock but doesn't change the fact that the matchup is terrible. Damage or not, Peacock can never really throw a projectile out and will still get locked out at fullscreen.

And finally, as a side note as I mentioned Brass earlier, I just hate how i completely shuts down Peacock from ever using more than one bomb at a time. Not saying something has to be done about it, just played in a set against a trio using that and felt like venting. Man, Peacock struggles horribly when she has to get through 2 characters using that assist, sometimes it makes me want to go Solobella.

can eliza get p>k priority. i realize that doing a clean DP will never give you a summon but it would also be a nice QoL thing.

Reactions: gllt
Robo-Fortune
-- c.WK block advantage +3 -> +1.
- c.LK->s.MK is now a blockstring. Block advantage of c.LK unchanged.
Wait, is c.LK changed or not? Or is WK not LK and actually a secret 7th/8th button I didn't know about?

Also, do the throw changes mean conversions off of Bypass assist are ded? Pls say no pls.

Here's my thoughts on the Robo-Fortune changes:

Robo-Fortune joins Parasoul in the "Cannot hit the opponent on block more than once while still being +" club.

Robots + normals are sLP (x1), sLK, cLK. [+2, +2, +1]
s[MP] going from +6 to +0 is massive.
She can't chain past a light and be + without using a head or something.

If Robo wants to be plus she has cannot hit twice to confirm, if she wants to confirm and hit twice while being safe from PBGC, she cannot be +. Trade offs.

It's also not listed, but sHP [Hit] adv +6 > -2. (Not very important).
Headrone Impact block advantage +29 > +18, not always +17 like it says in the patch notes. (Again not very important, and it depends on the character, it's +19 vs standing Band for example).

If Robo pokes once instead of twice, her jab is +2 and not +0, so that it doesn't hinder her tick throw game.
Throws will probably see less use in offensive rushdown without specific assists with the new throw distance.

cLK sMK won't bait pushblocks anymore, and the string will not end with her + either.

All of this is a huge dent in her dash up pressure game.
She gets one attempt to get started, and if she is blocked her turn should be over much quicker.

-

Magnet Damage 1237 > 1000. (Initial damage is not listed, and the new damage is = to Eliza's HKD super).
Cannon is 1650, so there should be more instances of being forced to donate meter to the opponent if you need an extra 650 damage to kill rather than only needing 413 in retail.

-

From throw, you can cancel into Magnet and save OTG vs every character in case anyone was wondering.

-

Wait, is c.LK changed or not? Or is WK not LK and actually a secret 7th/8th button I didn't know about?
Weak Kick = Light Kick, Mike refers to her normals specifically as W.
I'm not sure why.

cLK +3 > +1
sLK +0 > +2

This gives a reason to use sLK instead of cLK, because it hits at her feet and will be more plus for the trade off of not hitting low, and her crouch jab misses because it doesn’t hit anything beside you (it's also +0 anyway).
sLK can fill the void where her cLP doesn’t.
This gives all her 4 lights a use while nerfing how + her fast low is.

Last edited: