• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Beta Aug 5th Patch Discussion

It might not be important, but this is a thing. Pummel Horse after Devil Horns usually gives Battle Butt?

Last edited:
I haven't labbed it out myself because I'm working atm, but my guess is that you're not holding LP+LK until the hitstop from the previous move ends (which should consistently give you pummel horse) and horns has a lot of hitstop.

It might not be important, but this is a thing. Pummel Horse after Devil Horns usually gives Battle Butt?
http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/random-tidbits-about-cerebella.688/page-2#post-96876
If you want to do an instant run followup, you can hold the equivalent Punch button, or hold throw, before doing the run.
What is happening is you're inputting HK before the end of the recover of devil horns. LP+LK becomes the input used to start the run, and HK the "stored" input used to decide what the run command will be.

Reactions: shuckle and Icky
Is yellow vial supposed to linger after Valentine dies? I don't care one way or the other, but I got hit with yellow vial, killed Val and was still poisoned. I didn't kill her with a super SO obviously the yellow vial stays if she's hit with anything other than a super, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to transcend death....?

Is yellow vial supposed to linger after Valentine dies? I don't care one way or the other, but I got hit with yellow vial, killed Val and was still poisoned. I didn't kill her with a super SO obviously the yellow vial stays if she's hit with anything other than a super, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to transcend death....?
if it's lvl 3 vial, only supers can end it early.

There's a yellow vial...?
They were referring to the orange/lag vial.

There's a yellow vial...?
I guess it all depends on your TV's color settings.

Guess we have time for 150 undizzy then.
I'm joking.

Finally, I can play SG with the amount of input lag that high end competitive fighting games need to be popular!

What game was he talking about?

What game was he talking about?

It was the fighting game where if you had Skullgirls in your steam library you got a discount on this other fighting game for a while. forget the name of it though

Oh my god, I love you Mike Z.

alright so this might be entirely inconsequential because its with a (sort of) joke launch flag, but if you have replays enabled as well as the ascend higher flag, attempting to go to the replay theater will automatically play your first replay, you dont get to select a replay for playback. Might not matter but maybe finding the cause could prevent something in the future? idk

Would it be OK to allow Fortune to move her head during supers on hit for easier follow-ups?

Reactions: PME
So I can up the input lag if I wanted to as an option? Am I reading that right? Why would I want to?

So I can up the input lag if I wanted to as an option? Am I reading that right? Why would I want to?
fe9366338c06143382f772603843-yes-its-a-joke-get-over-it.jpg

it's making fun of capcom saying that they aren't going to try to improve the ~6.5f button delay in Street Fighter 5 and that it is acceptable

Reactions: Tank and ribaluigi
Ah ok up until now I only knew about smash bros having 7 frames of input lag. It's kinda surprising for sf5 though.

fe9366338c06143382f772603843-yes-its-a-joke-get-over-it.jpg

it's making fun of capcom saying that they aren't going to try to improve the ~6.5f button delay in Street Fighter 5 and that it is acceptable
Ahh, okay. I don't care about SFV to have known that about their button delay. Thanks!

Reactions: Wenzel and Mr Peck
here's what i understood from salty:

fukua regains health lost through shadow holding (not red health) if she:
- taunts (20%)
- does the armored command grab (33%)
- lv3 (55% but scaled with combo scaling)

brass assist blockstun reduced from 33f to 25f
brass assist now scales followup combos to one extra hit (in addition to assist starter scaling)

beat extend assist drops the opponent's assist earlier than their point to make happy birthdays with BE assist harder
three extra frames of vulnerability on L BE assist (total of 6f (3f standard + new 3f bonus?))
two extra frames of vulnerability on M BE assist??

peacock bomb xx teleport now only with QCB+LK to avoid accidental teleporting

- L and M versions +2 vulnerable frames at the startup: L 1f->3f vulnerable startup, and M 0f->2f vulnerable startup. Leaves the range the same, makes them both slightly less useful as invincible assists, since this vulnerable time is in addition to the 3f vulnerable startup all assists always have.

Not sure if this should stay but w.e

I like the peacock change. The beat extend change makes me sad.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I think Fukua's taunt should giver her 33% and Inevitable Snuggle be 20%.... considering one's easier to get off in the match than the other

You can whiff taunt during a combo after a very safe low risk confirm, but you can't do the same with Snuggle unless you pick a stagger assist, and most of them suck.

(So you're forced to land the slow command grab for the high heal %)