• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA Skullgirls Community Tour? (Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people never talk about this stuff then you're left with a community that will get progressively worse and worse and no one will say anything and nothing will get fixed.

You do have a point here.
Sorry for tossing out the line I did.

Did this really start over a point system?
C'mon guys.

I'm saying what a large portion of this community is thinking. Get over yourself. You are not fit to be in charge and calling people by their first names and passively trying to assert your dominance over them goes nowhere. If nothing changes I'm going to get everyone I can to go to rick to find someone else to help be in charge of Skullgirls at combo breaker. There are plenty of passionate, kind, and selfless people who are willing to help make Skullgirls better than it was before, and all you want to do is talk them down.
You're like 6 keystokes away from typing toxic masculinity, aren't you? Nobody's in charge, Jarred. I do things, other people do things, and you, like others, want things to happen your way. Only difference is, you create an imaginary moral high ground that you get to live in while simultaneously threatening to go to dad and start a fight.

If it'll help you feel some sense of control to, "oust me," as you see it, then go to Rick. I for one, think you'd be great to be in charge like you want, given that you pushed hard to make CB our thing, and then organized two separate international fundraisers to make the event even better. You've done so much for us, that I'm very much regretting ever having upset you.

This whole thread has me going like
jfxn31r.png

I'm gonna be attending all 5 events, hope to see you guys there.

Reactions: TheCrankMachine
I think we should use another thread to talk about the integrity of our players tbh

I still think the tour is a cool idea, we just need more players really if we wanna take the step from "one big tournament" to "line of big tournaments to REALLY big tournament"

Can't have a aquarium with three fish and a piece of algae

You're like 6 keystokes away from typing toxic masculinity, aren't you? Nobody's in charge, Jarred. I do things, other people do things, and you, like others, want things to happen your way. Only difference is, you create an imaginary moral high ground that you get to live in while simultaneously threatening to go to dad and start a fight.

If it'll help you feel some sense of control to, "oust me," as you see it, then go to Rick.
This is EXACTLY the issue that a lot of people have with you.

Edit:
You do good for the community, opinions on your commentary maybe mixed but you are definitely a nice addition, but your attitude, quickness to talk people down, and need to ALWAYS make sure you're somehow credited is just awful.

I sincerely hope this discussions doesn't ward you off from the community, but you honestly need to take a look at how you deal with matters such as this.

Ok, seriously.

If things continue going this way, now that I've read through all of this:

I want NWM to have nothing to do with it. Please leave PNW out of it, I'm fairly angry that I even discussed it without looking into it all first.

also @severine i'm fucking snorting at that holy shit

Reactions: Zidiane

If it'll help you feel some sense of control to, "oust me," as you see it, then go to Rick. I for one, think you'd be great to be in charge like you want, given that you pushed hard to make CB our thing, and then organized two separate international fundraisers to make the event even better. You've done so much for us, that I'm very much regretting ever having upset you.
I like how you're trying to turn it on Dolfinh when everything he said was right. I have never seen him try to control anything the way you're doing it.

He goes by Dolfin.
Unless you've already gotten his permission to call him by his first name, please do not refer to him as such and you can call him Dolfin like everyone else.

People have provided screen names to use for a reason and its rude not to utilize them.

This.
I would be mad as hell if someone referred to me as my real name here, tbh. It's just kinda rude.

Reactions: Mocktopus

If it'll help you feel some sense of control to, "oust me," as you see it, then go to Rick.
Man I deadass can't believe you're a real person.

I'm not perfect and my involvement with the community hasn't been perfect but I don't do the kind of shit you. I'm not about to tell someone that their involvement is vestigial. I'm not going out of my fucking way to do this to people to make them feel small.

Masculinity
this has absolutely nothing to do with what i'm posting. Nothing.

I like how you're trying to turn it on Dolfinh when everything he said was right. I have never seen him try to control anything the way you're doing it.
No I was a shithead during organization of the 10v10. Huuuuge mistake.

If people never talk about this stuff then you're left with a community that will get progressively worse and worse and no one will say anything and nothing will get fixed.
I don't have anything to add here, I just felt like people need to read this as many times as it takes.

associating "asserting dominance" with "masculinity" is pretty telling

okay i'm gonna go play overwatch, nwm is a super chill event and it'd be nice if some points system or whatever wasn't attached to it also there's free redbull

You know, when I see some of you in person, you're very polite. You look at the floor. You mumble. And then you're very energetic about your feelings here on Skullheart. BUT, if this is the thread where you all feel ok voicing your feelings, if this is your safe space, then I guess that's how it has to be. If some of you feel like you should actively campaign against me, then do what you gotta do. I'm gonna keep doing what I do until I find out otherwise.

Everyone's very ok with my style when it gets 159man here, or when we get a bunch of extra stream time. But any of you would have done that if I hadn't, right?

Dude...this stuff getting personal and I dont like where this is heading.

You know, when I see some of you in person, you're very polite. You look at the floor. You mumble. And then you're very energetic about your feelings here on Skullheart.
Your total numbers of interactions with me in person is 1, when I was talking to Rish over a campfire.

BUT, if this is the thread where you all feel ok voicing your feelings, if this is your safe space, then I guess that's how it has to be. If some of you feel like you should actively campaign against me, then do what you gotta do. I'm gonna keep doing what I do until I find out otherwise.
I'm doing this because half of this community is behind what I'm saying and nobody else wants to say it. Whether it's Skullheart, in person, or somewhere else.

Everyone's very ok with my style when it gets 159man here, or when we get a bunch of extra stream time. But any of you would have done that if I hadn't, right?
Kenin and I were just talking about this.

I couldn't care less what you've contributed when you act like this anyway. I know others won't either. I'm going to give my voice if someone Toxic is in control of the community.

Kai, I don't speak much. but I have to constantly look at this thread and time and time again you are looking at this whole thing sideways. the community was saying to keep it simple. That is all. but now its become more of a highlight on a rather dire problem that may or may not arise. If you want people to have a good time then so be it. Please do not become the problem that may occur when we want to go to offline tournaments.

Also I will try my best to make most of these tournaments and regardless of this. I hope to atleast talk to every single one of you.

No, no, let it happen.
The community will be better once all of this is settled.
Im not saying we shouldn't talk about it. We should

Im saying we shouldn't act like fucking children insulting each other over petty things. i mean christ this has become less about the tourney talk and more:

"Fuck you"
"No fuck you"

As someone who was sent to Combo Breaker, the organization of the Gofundme was greatly appreciated, but when you phrase it like this, it goes back to what people said about you taking all the credit for things. I worked with @mcpeanuts to get a fundraiser kumite going. Peanuts worked with zeknife to do the same thing, Peanuts worked his ass off for that fundraiser and I'm forever grateful towards him for that.

Not to mention you make it sound like you paid for all of it out of pocket, which you absolutely didn't.

You know, when I see some of you in person, you're very polite. You look at the floor. You mumble. And then you're very energetic about your feelings here on Skullheart. BUT, if this is the thread where you all feel ok voicing your feelings, if this is your safe space, then I guess that's how it has to be. If some of you feel like you should actively campaign against me, then do what you gotta do. I'm gonna keep doing what I do until I find out otherwise.

I have had one professional conversation with you on twitter, and I have also completely ignored every negative thing I've heard about you until today.

I will shake your hand and say hi in person, but if you tried to pull the shit you're pulling right now at one of our tournaments you'd get booted out of the circle. I feel bad that this had to end like this, and as someone who finds it hard to take criticism, I understand why this ended like this. The difference, however, is I'm 18, and you're a grown man with a wife and kid. Grow up and stop arguing with people on the internet.

and if you continue, stop telling other people that their being "masculine" on their keyboard or some shit because it's not getting you anywhere.

oh and as for the second part, stop being fucking keemstar. this has nothing to do with bringing the world to combo breaker, don't hold your choosing and our donations over our own fucking head.

I couldn't care less what you've contributed when you act like this anyway.
That's your problem. Actually doing things is important, but you're not doing this for that. You're doing this for you. You want to feel good about being the guy. Is being a well-liked figurehead is more important to you than actual results?

Status
Not open for further replies.