• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

I mean there are plenty of other level 3's that allows for combos afterwards and while yes she can still build a good amount of meter she takes a lot longer to get to level 3 of Sekhmet imo

I know. It just does soooo much loool. It is what it is though we move on.

You can't even avoid using the OTG with LP/LK on light characters unless you are up against the corner. Mostly wanted the change so it is more reliable to link into c.MP after the hitbutt on light characters and maybe LP/LK on heavies without forcing otg.

Actually, just maybe letting him act out of it a bit sooner would do the trick.
You can land 2LP on heavies without OTG right now.

It is actually on lights I have a problem, because they float away so far.

I don't mind that so much, it is just the assist + fisherman slam thing I wish would work/be more reliable

Fiber upper is counted as a super jump no matter what if I'm not mistaken.
I'm aware of how it works which is why I asked if it could be changed for at least L fiber since that's more or less the equivalent of a dash jump, silly.

I hope you don't read that in a condescending tone because I don't mean for it to sound that way.

EDIT: Although that might make fiber kinda dumb but I dunno enough about this game to really imagine it.

Well, it's still a special. You can only call assists during the start up of those. Like, perfect frame the moment you finish the input.

Edit: So basically, I think of it as still being in the state of a special move rather than being in a super jump. Seems more fair the way it is right now. I'd still be down for an experiment, but I'm thinking that the only thing that will come from it is just ridiculously free pressure when your opponent push blocks.

Tell that to Filia.

Fillia...

???

My area has been without one of those for so long. I don't really remember her having something stupid with assists after special moves put her in the air.

edit: Are you talking about airball dash cancels?

I have a habit of not explaining myself to the fullest.

Yes essentially like that and while the fiber jump isn't air dash cancelable (since the jump itself is the cancel I guess) like hairball is I was hoping to get a similar functionality with L fiber then air dashing because I thought it was cool that Filia had it and was curious what it would be like if fortune had it.

maybe even make it a cool headless only buff? eh I'm just shooting in the dark

Last edited:
Well if Daisy Pusher gets reverted I'd like to see it get some kind of buff because right now in the main game its pretty niche. I'd totally understand if it did though since she's kind of balanced around needing a stance charge to have a reversal.

You can't even avoid using the OTG with LP/LK on light characters unless you are up against the corner.
You can straight up juggle with c.MP against lights anywhere, but it's a 1f link.
Ya, Bang already asked for this though, and he wins cuz he's in the hospital. :^)

I do sorta think Eliza's Lv3 should get scaled a little more.

@Stuff
Fiber is superjump, nope.
Your comparison doesn't make much sense because Filia jumps first...

Reactions: Reis and gllt
I thought I'd get the rules to break or at least find out it was intentional. I got one of those yay.

Can bigband not take damage from a parry?

If you're asking a question then Big Band doesn't take damage parrying normals, only chip damage from specials and supers.

If you're proposing a beta change then nope, because then why bother moving in at all against zoners if you have the life lead? 3S parries didn't cause chip damage, and it made projectiles worse in 3S than any other SF

Besides, parries are already super good for a million other reasons

Last edited:
Reactions: mcpeanuts
If you're asking a question then Big Band doesn't take damage parrying normals, only chip damage from specials and supers.

If you're proposing a beta change then nope, because then why bother moving in at all against zoners if you have the life lead? 3S parries didn't cause chip damage, and it made projectiles worse in 3S than any other SF

Projectiles sucked in 3s before you even factor parries. Kind of tired of people parroting that line.

Reactions: keninblack
Projectiles sucked in 3s before you even factor parries. Kind of tired of people parroting that line.

Parries are one of the big reasons they sucked... but okay then, let me give you a more specific line of reasoning.

I would rather Big Band's gameplan against Peacock/Fukua while he has the lifelead to be "continue putting on a heavy offense and don't give them room to breathe", not "upback parry everything they shoot at you until they get desperate". I enjoy that Big Band doesn't play passively like that.

Then make only projectiles do damage, parries in skullgirls are already hard enough.

parries in skullgirls are already hard enough.

What's difficult about them? They're super lenient. So long as you aren't trying to do something silly like fish for jab parries, you can parry reliably without too much practice. It's a big fat 17f window.

Reactions: ClarenceMage
What's difficult about them? They're super lenient. So long as you aren't trying to do something silly like fish for jab parries, you can parry reliably without too much practice. It's a big fat 17f window.
How hard they are is not the problem, it's just stuff like parrying brass and taking more damage than blocking a projectile doesn't feel good

How hard they are is not the problem, it's just stuff like parrying brass and taking more damage than blocking a projectile doesn't feel good

You know what does feel good? Getting a full punish on Brass from parrying it, which no other character in the game can do.

Reactions: KhaosMuffins
You know what does feel good? Getting a full punish on Brass from parrying it, which no other character in the game can do.

Painwheel can totally do it. Read brass, charge st.hp, counter hit st.hp punish UMPH

Reactions: ClarenceMage
Painwheel can totally do it. Read brass, charge st.hp, counter hit st.hp punish UMPH

At Brass' max range, Painwheel's s.HP whiffs. Parry > Beat Extend works errytime

Would it actually? What if I did St.HP Charged -> Beur? I'd imagine you'd get hit out of your recovery for free every time.

Idk about parries taking no damage... It does kinda give BB the ability to turtle better... And all the BBss i play already love to turtle besides me (i dont know why)

But its pretty funny that i came in here to kinda propose a change to parries... And parries are already being proposed to have a change to...

Anyways... Id really like it if the cant parry time after having moved forward were reduced. Not being able to parry for 30 frames after dashing or jumping forward seems like way to long of a cant parry time and seems like an argument for turtling since moving forward kills BBs ability to parry for so long.

Personally, id love it if the cant parry time were reduced to 10 frames or so after an unsuccessful parry attempt/moving forward. BB would still not be able to just spam forwards movements and get parries. But at least he could direction dash forward and be able to parry in more circumstances and be able to jump forward and then parry in more circumstances.

I propose the change because right now, playing offensive with BB seems to hurt him a bit at least for me personally since i know many if my parry attempts being thwarted by not being able to parry directly after doing something offensive.

Would it actually? What if I did St.HP Charged -> Beur? I'd imagine you'd get hit out of your recovery for free every time.

s.HP > M Buer works, but you can't really do anything else off of that except supers so unless you have 3 bar you can't do a full punish.

St.hp or any normal armor charge xx fly full combo...

Is it possible to punish L Brass like that?

Well, couldn't bigband also notice his attack is about to be super armored and cancel into SSJ?

Well, couldn't bigband also notice his attack is about to be super armored and cancel into SSJ?

you can then notice he's cancelling into ssj and counter with your very own super!

Does it have enough invincibility to hit through the 1 hit of super armor?

I know jack about fighting painwheel lmao

Do not give band the ability to not chip if he parries. there's literally not much you can give this character without making him so ridiculous and half of the stuff i see in big band's thread(or in practice mode online) isn't even utilized enough! his parry hasn't used to extreme potential and so until everything of big band has been used to an exceptional point. let's not suggest any buffs or nerfs to band.

Just saying that I really appreciate squiggly's low profile normals and I hope they stick.

Idk about parries taking no damage... It does kinda give BB the ability to turtle better... And all the BBss i play already love to turtle besides me (i dont know why)

But its pretty funny that i came in here to kinda propose a change to parries... And parries are already being proposed to have a change to...

Anyways... Id really like it if the cant parry time after having moved forward were reduced. Not being able to parry for 30 frames after dashing or jumping forward seems like way to long of a cant parry time and seems like an argument for turtling since moving forward kills BBs ability to parry for so long.

Personally, id love it if the cant parry time were reduced to 10 frames or so after an unsuccessful parry attempt/moving forward. BB would still not be able to just spam forwards movements and get parries. But at least he could direction dash forward and be able to parry in more circumstances and be able to jump forward and then parry in more circumstances.

I propose the change because right now, playing offensive with BB seems to hurt him a bit at least for me personally since i know many if my parry attempts being thwarted by not being able to parry directly after doing something offensive.
I think with a parry window of 17 frames and a cooldown of 10 frames... you would actually be able to be in a perpetual state of parry.... which sounds kind of absurd.

Btw, is it just me or are assists randomly teleporting next to their point characters???
Looks so weird lol

It's like you call an assist, and they hop from fullscreen to you. or something like that
I messed up and didn't stop to record the matches they kept happening in so I was wondering if its happening to other people too lol. Did you notice this @cloudKing211 ???

Reactions: WarpedEcho
I think with a parry window of 17 frames and a cooldown of 10 frames... you would actually be able to be in a perpetual state of parry.... which sounds kind of absurd.
... Common sense applies after the window is done. And if it applies like this currently then that's why the cd seems so long. It's actually around 47 frames after initial first forward input to be able to input another separate parry motion.. Which is 3/4ths of a second of time of not being able to parry if your initial parry failed against an attack that never came.

It's actually around 47 frames after initial first forward input to be able to input another separate parry motion.. Which is 3/4ths of a second of time of not being able to parry if your initial parry failed against an attack that never came.
Nope.
Parry window of 17f, parry cooldown of 30f, both simultaneously from the time you press F. That means you get 17f of parry attempt followed by 13f of cooldown before you can parry again.
Pressing ANOTHER direction invalidates the parry and the remaining part of the 30f becomes cooldown.
If you jump with UF (or N~U~UF rather than N~F~UF) you do not trigger a parry attempt with your jump.
I might be able to do something like "after you invalidate a parry you have at maximum 15f before you can parry again" but that seems to lead to brokenness when I think about it.
Basically with a mechanic like parries I am forced to err on the side of caution.

As for making him not take chip while parrying, no. He already takes LESS chip (75%), but I am opposed to him taking none. The upside of parrying is immediate movement and counterattack options, it should not also give you the ability to completely avoid damage. You will not die while parrying, either.

For the people arguing whether parries ruined zoning in 3s...go fight Remy or Oro in SF Anniversary with parries turned off!
Projectiles in 3s are worse than they are in SF2, sure, but the problem with parries is this: the point of zoning is to make the other person HAVE TO MOVE or take damage. If they move they move where you want them to, otherwise they take damage which is a gain. Parries negate BOTH parts of that, so there is no way for a zoner to force you to jump or otherwise sacrifice your position. So yes, while parries may not have been 100% of the reason why zoning in 3s is crap, they are at least 90% of the reason. And that's why Big Band takes chip from parries.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Bella's Tumble Run armor starts from the first frame. It's a charge move, and consequently not as easy as holding a button or hitting forward, but she can sorta do the same thing.

I was wonsering about Big Bands parry.
Certain supers are post flash unblockable which means he has to preemptively parry,and big band is already destroyed by the free mixups put on him in the neutral game. So is it possible as a big band only thing that he can parry any super as long as he is at neutral even when the super is post flash blockable? It would make his defense stronger and random supers not as scary anymore against him.

the only thing parry needs is the ability to cancel parries into crouch so you can teabag between hits of dynamo.

The problem is that would mess up low parries and would probably also cause a lot of other dumb things.

I guess you can always jump your way out of dynamo and then tbag.

Does it have enough invincibility to hit through the 1 hit of super armor?

I know jack about fighting painwheel lmao
pw super is a hitgrab, so it can't even be armored(if air armored),
DC has too many hits so it beats SSJ. If you have the frames you can buer and it will win too

Last edited: