• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Now that (I think) the dust has settled on Fukua, what exactly has changed for the start up of BFF? I see 29+6f of fully invulnerable start up in both retail and beta versions.

A standard ground throw is 7f start up, 1f active, and 28f recovery, so if the opponent is 2f or more into the start up for a throw when a BFF starts, they still have a chance to block after whiffing through Fukua. This does not appear to have changed.

Did the hit stun on the drill special change? Is that the change to get rid of drill xx BFF?

Your team makes no sense if you play characters for their orbs.
I see what you did there

Countersupers are supposed to be throw vulnerable the whole time, not just recovery. Just for the record.

Every attack in the game is in Counterhit State for all of its Startup, Active and Recovery frames so you can't tech throws during them.

Val's counter is no different, well, except for the fact that it doesn't have any Startup frames.

Love the changes for 8/1.

Only other thing I would change for parasoul since it just reminded me is when her blocker jumps out, his vertical body is not tall enough (or not touching the floor enough?) to block all of peacocks machine gun super. some bullets go under the blockers feet or over his head to hit parasoul behind him.

EDIT: I just found out last time I played, you can't cancel out of super armor grab with fukua anyone. I would like this reinstated please. If bella and PW can cancel out of armor moves, it's only fair she does too. It's for the same reasoning as the others; to bait people to hit you and punish them for bait.
I always thought my execution was shotty but then Mike told me it was taken out.

Also, I back-read some pages. If you want to buff parasouls boyfriends, make them leave the screen faster or get rid of the cooldown AFTER they have left already. But to make them stay and salute (lk), do the Tebow AND salute (mk) or ride off giving a high 5 to the opponent (hk), AND AFTER ALL THAT having a 30+f (uneducated guess) cool down before using them again is horrible. They all need to get off the screen much faster and be called again much sooner.

Last edited:

Only other thing I would change for parasoul since it just reminded me is when her blocker jumps out, his vertical body is not tall enough (or not touching the floor enough?) to block all of peacocks machine gun super. some bullets go under the blockers feet or over his head to hit parasoul behind him.
This is also the case if it's done immediately after the flash against scalpels, a few make it through.

Sure, give Cerebella Fukua's command grab armor, MegamanDS.

Let's see how that works.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let a nigga know if you want to run at the boy with like 95 hits of armor.

Also, PW would like j.hp to have super armor. Please and thanks.

The only super that would be good to throw out would be drill, since it is the fastest, fireball is not invincible and bff takes a while to start up, drill would just reset back to neutral. . .eh did many people use armor into lvl ones before the update?

Not liking the changes to Fillia's air Gregor Samson based on what I've played of the beta. Hurts me alot since I do go for extensions out of it via either hairball or Fukua assist back into super.

Sure, give Cerebella Fukua's command grab armor, MegamanDS.

Let's see how that works.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let a nigga know if you want to run at the boy with like 95 hits of armor.
Can I start throwing out weird and unreasonable buff requests now? Is that what we're doing?

Give Cerebella's s.lk invincible startup. Give Excellebella invincible startup. Give Grab Bag an untechable knockdown. Make Battle Butt do an untechable knockdown. Give Titan Knuckle a wall bounce. Make s.hp cancel into Titan Knuckle. Make Battle Butt super cancelable. Make Battle Butt cancelable into Grab Bag. Bring back fully invincible Kanchou. Give Pummel Horse super cancellable startup. Let me control the direction I fall mid air during Grab Bag. Let me cancel glide with lk.

I'm sorry Mike Z. Please don't leave us forever.

Updo -> Gregor on wiff and block is punishable. So its not a free escape if you baited a reversal. I guess I'll try out this change in the beta before its changed back

Last edited:
Bring back fully invincible Kanchou.
wait what?!
looks like I missed on some strange times.

The only super that would be good to throw out would be drill, since it is the fastest, fireball is not invincible and bff takes a while to start up, drill would just reset back to neutral. . .eh did many people use armor into lvl ones before the update?
It was kinda good since the supercancel only happened if Fukua was hit, so you could do Armor Grab and then mash Super - if they hit the armor you'd get the supercancel, if not you'd get the grab and not spend the bar etc.

Not liking the changes to Fillia's air Gregor Samson based on what I've played of the beta. Hurts me alot since I do go for extensions out of it via either hairball or Fukua assist back into super.
Everyone went for extensions <> Why would you not

Air Gregor was kinda good and Slide Knockdown is still a pretty cool thing. Seems like an okay change to me??
At least now I'm not guaranteed to lose a character anymore if Solo Fil mashes Gregor and randomly crosses me under, so that's kinda cool?

[..]

EDIT: I just found out last time I played
Do you just randomly state that you love a Patch without reading the Patchnotes?

Reactions: gllt
wait what?!
looks like I missed on some strange times.
Well, I meant just invincible all the way through. I think maybe it could be grabbed...? But I don't really remember, it definitely went through hits and projectiles (though it may have always been sweepable...?). The reason it lost that is because we got the option to not Kanchou. It always did the butt poke before (if you got behind them), but it was super inconvenient if you were trying to dance around someone's something and it pokes at a point where you would choose not to if you could. But now it can't really even dodge around moves that are in active frames.

Do you just randomly state that you love a Patch without reading the Patchnotes?
What didn't I read in 8/1 patch notes?

Also, since my request was so unreasonable, have Fukuas command grab only 3 hits of armor like bella and super cancelable like bella. Happy?

Also, since my request was so unreasonable, have Fukuas command grab only 3 hits of armor like bella and super cancelable like bella. Happy?

H LNL has two hits of armor.

Unless I'm crazy and something changed, Tumble Run is 1 hit of armor.

You can follow up with BT to give it 2 more hits, but the run itself is 1.

Go ahead, make that call.

Air Gregor was kinda good and Slide Knockdown is still a pretty cool thing. Seems like an okay change to me??
Scratch that, it kills the blandaid throw followup combo which was really cool ;_; Kinda not nice

E: Yooo I forgot about Airthrow. This seems kinda terrible?? The Reset char should have a reliable way to comboing out of Airthrows*?

*At all heights etc

Last edited:
H LNL has two hits of armor.
Ok, I will take 2 hits of armor for fukua command grab to cancel into level 1s. Fair?

I don't think you'd want that mmds

No no no, let him ask mike z to put it in the beta, let him feel it for a week.

I would love if Fukua didn't have all the armor in the world on that grab because why should hairball or gregor lose to it? But super canceling it into level 1s might be too much imo.

well because you can cancel attacks on it into command grabs or jumps if you react fast enough.

well because you can cancel attacks on it into command grabs or jumps if you react fast enough.

That's true, but how many hits of armor is it? Is it literally until the move starts? Or is there an actual limit?

That's true, but how many hits of armor is it? Is it literally until the move starts? Or is there an actual limit?

I think Mike said it was 15 hits of armor. I've never seen it actually lose to anything that wasn't a sweep or a throw so whatever.

I think Mike said it was 15 hits of armor. I've never seen it actually lose to anything that wasn't a sweep or a throw so whatever.

Me neither thats why I asked. lol

Crossquoting cus it's kinda getting discussed in multiple places:
Okay so like what about:
- This new slide only happens if you do it from neutral.
- If it was done in a combo you get the old bounce back.

Throws are fine.
Hairball is fine.
Combos are fine.
Updo is good.
Mashing super into a full reversal of momentum and all the crazy faster than light Filia mixup that goes along with it is not happening anymore.

Is this okay?.
Perfect??

I've never seen it actually lose to anything that wasn't a sweep or a throw so whatever.
I beat it with Pillar all the time cus a slight delay on doing it bypasses the armored frames

But yeah pls no 2-armor-Fukua-Grab-that-can-be-supercancelled, it's cool the way it is

Last edited:
I don't think you'd want that mmds
2 hits of armor on command grab IF I am able to cancel to level 1? Ill take that.
I would love if Fukua didn't have all the armor in the world on that grab because why should hairball or gregor lose to it? But super canceling it into level 1s might be too much imo.
That's how it was for the longest time and I don't ever think it was overpowered

That's how it was for the longest time and I don't ever think it was overpowered

retail or beta? I never saw it used.

armored grab is much better as an assist too the way it is now

retail or beta? I never saw it used.
That's cause no one used it except for me so I have no idea why it was taken out.

No. Keep her armour the same as it is now.

considering how long it takes for her grab to come out i think it is fair to have it keep its armor

so what do you guys want her to sacrifice in order to get level 1 supers to cancel off command grab?

tbh, i really didnt care for them, though not being able to BFF after the non armored grab is really gonna get me

Or sweep or snapback since they beat armor too

Reactions: iLoli