• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Inputting a special move or super after a pushblock is significantly easier and more common than actually timing it to get some frame advantage, which is what I think actually qualifies as a pushblock guard cancel (Hence the cancel)
Currently it shows up a lot of times where I think it doesn't seem "deserved" or notable, like pushblocking an opponent away from you and then throwing a projectile at them.
When I attempt a pushblock guard cancel, I want to know if I managed to reduce my blockstun, not if I managed to input a thing after pushblocking.

If you have a special effect for something, surely it's better to use it to indicate a special case than to have it show up fairly commonly, with the special case being almost impossible to distinguish.

I might be alone in thinking this, in which case I concede I guess
I kinda just want to see if I managed to input the move on the first frame after blockstun, which as I understand it is what the current version does.

Reactions: WarpedEcho
I do agree sorta with zeknife that "Do something after you successfully reduced blockstun with a pushblock" is a more interesting use for the PBGC flash than "Do a special or super after pushblocking" - which, as he pointed out, often ends up being something like "Pushblock a Filia jab, then 'PBGC' Tearshot".

On top of that, said 'something' could actually become 'anything', eg also happen on PBGC Jump, PBGC s.MP, etc - which would be a bit annoying if it happened after every Pushblock-Something (pretty much people flashing green throughout half the match), but wouldn't pop up too disturbingly often if it only triggered on "Successfully reduced blockstun"

I'm rather impartial towards the whole thing, though.

Maybe a training mode only option where the flash is as-current, so you can practice the timing easily, with zeknife's proposition on top, which also happens during matches?

what was changed for parasoul?
http://steamcommunity.com/app/208610/announcements please Bookmark this page
Or even simpler, just start the Beta once per day, it asks you "There's been a new patch, do you want to check patchnotes?" which you then can do

Reactions: gllt
On top of that, said 'something' could actually become 'anything', eg also happen on PBGC Jump, PBGC s.MP, etc -
That's not happening regardless.

Call it PB reversal flash not PBGC flash, boom done

I was one of the people asking for this because it seemed like a PB reversal flash would be good benefit for seemingly low development effort.

That would significantly hurt Cerebella, who doesn't have anything like Parasoul's jump arc or j.LP to compensate for it.
@dekillsage ?
I'd be almost okay with it on Filia, though she would still be able to airdash cancel to continue off it if high enough or just air Gregor at pretty much any height. It'd also have to apply to Eliza's j.HK then, though.

I mean I'd be fine it with too, but it'd make her resets like j.hp air dash j.lk delay j.hk worse. It'd also make jumping into j.hk on purpose better lol

That's not happening regardless.
For technical reasons, or because it would be overwhelming? A successful pbgc into a normal is the best kind.

For technical reasons, or because it would be overwhelming? A successful pbgc into a normal is the best kind.
Because PBGC jump should not flash your character green for simply holding up-foward after a pushblock, and normals are much more easily mashed than specials or supers, not to mention less commonly useful. There's a helpful display of information, then there's overload.

The amount of real applications for "Pushblock in a way that you reduce blockstun, then jump" seems rather small to me (as in: small enough that it won't overload anything); much like I find "How did I get counterhit from an s.LP after my Pillar xx Bikes into Block? Oh, this guy flashed green, so it was a PBGC" to be a rather helpful display of information.

But I dunno :P And if you say it doesn't happen, I guess it doesn't

As said I don't really mind any way on this thing, I enjoy the green flash the way it is now, I would enjoy it with zeknife's suggestion as well, etc whatever. It looks cool and is super unobtrusive. Many thanks <3

But I dunno :P And if you say it doesn't happen, I guess it doesn't
I didn't say it doesn't happen, I said jumping in that case is not enough of a "thing" to warrant being called attention to.
If you're fine with it however it is, then stop talking about it. :^) Both of you.

I'll try it only on specials/supers if your pushblock actually reduces blockstun any, though.

Reactions: zeknife
I mean I'd be fine it with too, but it'd make her resets like j.hp air dash j.lk delay j.hk worse. It'd also make jumping into j.hk on purpose better lol
It's not like removing one or two resets is really a bit deal for any character. And for that reset, I'm sure you could just like j.lk delay j.mp, j.hk instead. And if they think jumping into whatever you're doing is a good idea, then all you'd have to do is like IAD j.lk or something instead of j.hk and they eat a combo for trying to be cheeky. If anyone would have to worry about people jumping into j.hk if their bounce was changed it's bella, since she can't just on the gorund do j.hk, she needs to go all the way up and come all the way down to hit someone on the ground. Well... certain characters she can hit them overhead with instant j.hk and then double jump and do other stuff (I'm pretty sure).

Don't know how it not being a big deal doesn't mean she's still worse lol

Reactions: WarpedEcho
I don't see having to use another avenue to do the same exact thing as being worse. She's different is all, her goodness won't be diminished by such a thing.

I'd like to make an assist request for painwheel. Unlike other command normals, when you select Rachet Poppy (6HK) it only does one hit as opposed to it's 4. I would love to use the move for a lockdown assist but never have because of this. Also, since peacock gets charged item drop assist can pw get charged nails assist inputs?

Last edited:
Lord it would be a damn strong assist from fullscreen.

I'm having nightmares of every Peacock ever using charged hp.nails at full screen on top of every thing else.

Edit: hp not hk... typos... everywhere...

Last edited:
Lord it would be a damn strong assist from fullscreen.

I'm having nightmares of every Peacock ever using charged hk.nails at full screen on top of every thing else.
At least level 2 charge then. I could understand not giving hp nails lvl 3 charge (although man would it be awesome)

I'd be almost okay with it on Filia, though she would still be able to airdash cancel to continue off it if high enough or just air Gregor at pretty much any height.
edit: had this backwards.

Last edited:
I'd like to make an assist request for painwheel. Unlike other command normals, when you select Rachet Poppy (6HK) it only does one hit as opposed to it's 4.
It was only a matter of time before assists requests appeared!
How exactly is this "unlike" any other attack in which you are required to press the button more than once? Valentine's s.HK/s.MP/s.LP, Squigly's s.HP, Parasoul's s.MK, Big Band's s.MK, etc. all do not do the rest of their hits. Squigly's F+HP/cr.HP, on the other hand, do not require you to press it more than once.

Bye everyone, see you the next time I randomly notice this thread on the main page.

It was only a matter of time before assists requests appeared!
How exactly is this "unlike" any other attack in which you are required to press the button more than once? Valentine's s.HK/s.MP/s.LP, Squigly's s.HP, Parasoul's s.MK, Big Band's s.MK, etc. all do not do the rest of their hits. Squigly's F+HP/cr.HP, on the other hand, do not require you to press it more than once.

Bye everyone, see you the next time I randomly notice this thread on the main page.

I'd like to make an assist request for painwheel. Unlike other command normals, when you select Rachet Poppy (6HK) it only does one hit as opposed to it's 4. I would love to use the move for a lockdown assist but never have because of this. Also, since peacock gets charged item drop assist can pw get charged nails assist inputs?
See What you've done!

In all seriousness, with the exception of perhaps Cerebella's tumbling run followups, it's one input per assist. If a move requires more than one input then it won't be an assist. Experimenting with her other assist or a multihitting assist would probably be better more productive. Let's not let the provoke Mike-chan lest his wrath fall upon un in a never ending stream of character nerfs...

That being said, how does Eliza's s.hp beta change feel? I havent had the chance to play it yet, but it looks better than the last change.

I still find it weird that anything needs to be done to it at all but I'll take it over the second time causing an invincible knockdown.

Reactions: Covenant
I still find it weird that anything needs to be done to it at all but I'll take it over the second time causing an invincible knockdown.
That's pretty much my reaction to it. Was there an exploit with it or something? If it was just too damaging then, imo, just lower the overall damage and/or put the majority (or just more) of the damage in the last hit; I remember the damage being redistributed already but I dont remember how it was split. The decreased stun seems unnecessary.

I was caught up on TO stuff but finally got home to test the new stuff!

Kudos on the PBGC effect, it was exactly what I had in mind!

I think it should stay and not be a training mode only thing, since it also can be used to teach viewers and create hype around what is a finer technique in the game. It could use a bit more visual pop, but so far it's perfect, even on a failed one, the effect shows the player took a risk to reverse a bad situation. I'm in the process of handling over 50 SG copies to people who showed up to my event and all of them are excited about the game, they'll certainly appreciate this.

Reactions: erkicman
I like the PBGC effect, it is quite short, I don't think it should last too long but it is quite easy to miss right now when your opponent does it.

Because I'm sure Mike is one inane request away from hitting the unsubscribe button.
I'd like to make an assist request for painwheel.
f5657ea6e8a5225a9c0c692817d5bf5c-micdrop07.gif

I really dont like the multihit high change when it comes to parasoul j.hk. This was one of my favorite things ever. Multihit highs and lows are some of my favorite things ever.. makes down back and back bad... Which i thought was so good. Seems that people really like that block though...

This is a pretty big nerf to parasouls corner game though.

Reactions: d3v
damn how'd you get 50 copies
By abusing the Steam market. In short, TF items made into other items then sold.

I like the multi hit change.

Rip double's j.lk high/low game?

Reactions: Tomo009
I like the multi hit change.

LOL

Says the guy that Mains a character with no multihits :)

Getting hit by the very last bit of j.HK even though you blocked the rest of it correctly did kind of suck.

Reactions: yellowflash26
LOL

Says the guy that Mains a *SOLO* character with no multihits :)
Added another important detail.

Yeah I feel this actually impacts Double pretty significantly. Poor Double

Rip double's j.lk high/low game?
I feel like I should point out that you can still cancel j.LK into j.MP or whatever to get multiple highs; the first time it touches them is still always high; and that the last 2 hits being mid if the first hit connected actually means they don't get unblockable protection if you called a low assist along with it, like they used to get.

Reactions: Luweewu and gllt
I'll try that out when I get a chance. I suspect it wouldn't have the same anti pushblock properties as the j.lk into fast fall low mixup.

LOL

Bella's j.LP

damn how'd you get 50 copies

Lab Zero just being awesome as usual. I asked for one to give to the Marvel guys as a joke, but it was the Top-8 for the 4 main games who also got copies, and now we have MK/SF/MVC3/KOF/GG/Tekken players all interested in the game and with an actual copy to play it. I'm going to start working on a tutorial series in PT and if I had a good PC I'd do an "sg excellent adventures" of sorts here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luweewu
Bella's jMK hits mid. Making them think you're going for a high hitting jump in but using jMK + low assist is a fun mixup.

I thought that was always supposed to be high and got changed back?

LOL

Cause there's NO WAY that I actually also play Filia, Squigly, Parasoul, Fukua, Painwheel, Peacock, Fortune, and Double as well... right...?

Last edited: