• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

yeah I hate it when my favorite character has joke background props and therefore fades into irrelevancy as they can now never be taken seriously in the context of a fighting game where the said character tends to be perfectly capable of things

yeah, I hate jokes.

fukua is the definition of a joke character. Look up joke character in the dictionary and there's her picture.

fukua is the definition of a joke character. Look up joke character in the dictionary and there's her picture.
waiting for mikez response to that post...
you gonna get rekt son.

you gonna get rekt son.
You sure about that one? We're still talking about the character that was born of a typo, and coded in a weekend to poke fun at all the pomp and circumstance around Evil Cammy? Excuse me, *Decapre?

But real talk though I'm not happy with the change. The loading screen is enough of a joke don't make her cool looking banner in an already epic stage look like a kindergarten drawing (No offense to the person who drew that). It just feels really out of place

But real talk though I'm not happy with the change. The loading screen is enough of a joke don't make her cool looking banner in an already epic stage look like a kindergarten drawing (No offense to the person who drew that). It just feels really out of place

you are just taking the joke character too serious, why not enjoy all this jokes like loading screen and char. flag? i think that´s make really special/ charming besides the rest of the cast.

EDIT: And i think talking about Fukua isn´t taking too serious, is not part of "Beta Changes" i suggest to create a specific thread for it.

Reactions: dead
The update has a bigger reversal window right? Because the current one feels really small. Even when I know the reset is coming I cant get the reversal out :/

I might just be bad please be gentle

The update has a bigger reversal window right? Because the current one feels really small. Even when I know the reset is coming I cant get the reversal out :/
Long ago previous reversal window was 4f. Current reversal window is 3f, and it is still 3f in the patch. That 1f did not remove your ability to reversal. :^)
(MvC2 reversal window is 1f. 3S reversal window is 2f. SF4 reversal window is 5f. 3f is fine.)

What do people think about Robo's mines being placed right in front of her instead of directly on top of her?

trying out robo's magnet grab. i was sorta expecting it to pull in beo's hop dash since it kinda counts as being in air but it doesn't

it does seem to grab hop dash air normals before the hit comes out though.

and I assume if it's patched to pull in PW flight (like mike said in the stream), i can guess the only recourse for PW is to j.MP?

trying out robo's magnet grab. i was sorta expecting it to pull in beo's hop dash since it kinda counts as being in air but it doesn't

it does seem to grab hop dash air normals before the hit comes out though.

and I assume if it's patched to pull in PW flight (like mike said in the stream), i can guess the only recourse for PW is to j.MP?
If you can excerebella and atrain his hop, you will likely get to do the same with dunk eventually.

I noticed that s.HK > Magnet whiffs but pulls them close enough for you to OTG and continue the combo. We Tager now.

What do people think about Robo's mines being placed right in front of her instead of directly on top of her?
well i don't know... The mine kinda acts like a tiny little lazy lenny that is made to protect robo-kitty if she throws out something that is unsafe at the opponent. and outside of the corner the mine doesn't really show any real combo purposes. I just find it as a keep off me tool.

I noticed that s.HK > Magnet whiffs but pulls them close enough for you to OTG and continue the combo. We Tager now.

I don't know what you're talking about. cause if you do s.hk and go into magnet you can grab em just easily thanks to holding down a kick button to extend the time the magnet is out.

also you can pull em in and continue the combo without using an otg. again just by hold the kick button for half a second so that the opponent closes in and you have enough time to recover from the super to do a move.

Last edited:
well i don't know... The mine kinda acts like a tiny little lazy lenny that is made to protect robo-kitty if she throws out something that is unsafe at the opponent. and outside of the corner the mine doesn't really show any real combo purposes. I just find it as a keep off me tool.
I just think it would be better if you were to use it to put some space between you and your opponent instead of just protecting you if they land on top of you. Most of the time when I wanted to use it, I had to place it and then take a step back to use it how I actually feel like it should be used. If it was out in front of you instead of right on top of you, people would be more inclined to try to jump over it which allows you to go for that anti air grab super and such.

I'm more concerned with how long the mine takes to get out and how short it stays out.

To produce a head and place a mine is over 2 full seconds, it then only lasts 6 seconds, so it only really gives you space for a little while.

Will have to test it more, it isn't impressing me in game much yet.

Reactions: Dime
I'm more concerned with how long the mine takes to get out and how short it stays out.

To produce a head and place a mine is over 2 full seconds, it then only lasts 6 seconds, so it only really gives you space for a little while.

My thoughts exactly. But of course reserving judgement for when more uses for heads are revealed. If mines were the only use for heads then I'd be worried.

I guess it will be like many of the Peacock summon : alone they aren't much a treat, but combined they can be deadly! And everyone know that robots love to combine things!

Well I guess it is a fair point that she may be able to cancel from one to another like Peacock can, Peacock has to commit far less to a single bomb or even item drop than Robo does to a mine though.

Also the move was just implemented so it may not be exactly final anyway.

Use s.hk to push fullscreen then do cr.hk to get heads, then use mines in conjuction with lasers + assist calls to zone. I thought that was to be robo's niche?

Why is it a blue bounce right away? Would it really be too good if you could otg from it?

If you can excerebella and atrain his hop, you will likely get to do the same with dunk eventually.
You can't, though. :^)
Hop is grounded/ground throwable/he can block and jump but must block high/low correctly, until you attack, at which point he's in the air. This seemed like the safest route after examining VSav, where 1f hop dashes get you out of throws etc. Also if he were in the air, he wouldn't have to block high/low AND it would be a chicken block for easy punishes.

Well yeah, but they're two separate actions?
If you're gonna ignore that having a head already and putting a mine out is nearly instant, and protects you from being combo'd for long enough to spawn 3 more heads, then...I don't know... :^P

I just think it would be better if you were to use it to put some space between you and your opponent instead of just protecting you if they land on top of you.
It is there to protect you while you do other things. She has other actions coming, remember.

Why is it a blue bounce right away? Would it really be too good if you could otg from it?
React to IAD with mine summon = safe, since the summon happens early in the animation. Not gonna give you the ability to trade and OTG also.

Reactions: Beamsprouts
I think the major point to make here is that, unlike SBO or Monster, R.Fortune's mines don't go away if she gets hit.

That's a really powerful mechanic. Also they don't cost meter.

It is there to protect you while you do other things. She has other actions coming, remember.
Could it, at the very least, be moved a few pixels forward?

In the corner, doing c.LK > c.MP > MK > c.HP > 214MK > 236KK will have the mine miss on painwheel/peacock and occasionally Filia/Fukua.

Last edited:
Could it, at the very least, be moved a few pixels forward?
In the corner, doing c.LK > c.MP > MP > c.HP > 214MK > 236KK will have the mine miss on painwheel/peacock and occasionally Filia/Fukua.
Whereas doing c.LK->c.MP->c.MK->c.HP works. :^|

Typo, meant MK not MP.

c.LK->c.MP->c.MK->c.HP still works, though.
Must have not been close enough to the corner during my matches then. I swear I tried that a few times and had the mine whiff on a Filia and Peacock.

How fast are Beowulf's hop-overheads anyway? That stuff seems impossible to react to (not that this is all that unusual for Skullgirls).

How fast are Beowulf's hop-overheads anyway? That stuff seems impossible to react to (not that this is all that unusual for Skullgirls).
My rough guess is 20f or more.

If I were to guess, probably close/exactly the same as hop aerials were in darkstalkers.

Is it just me, or is Cerebella's run-stop consistently 1 frame faster when you cancel it with LK instead of LP?

Weird.

Reactions: gllt
Is it just me, or is Cerebella's run-stop consistently 1 frame faster when you cancel it with LK instead of LP?

Weird.
you are absolutely right.

Hop LP is minimum 15f from the first frame of the dash, hop LK is 16f.
For comparison, Filia IAD j.LK is 17f.

You're right! Weird.

Reactions: Midiman and gllt