• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

I knew about the run stop thing for so long I never thought it could have been a bug...

Probably because kanchou shares the same property, with hk-mp being one frame slower than hk-mk...

Sweet, my run-stop links just got 1 frame easier!

Reactions: gllt
Wow, what. I always used LK to stop but, are you serious right now, that is an actual THING, it is 1 frame faster

mind-blown-2.gif

how can this even be

I feel like M drillationship should do something but everything that comes to my mind will make it more useless or ridiculously good.

I haven't for the life of me found out anything I could do with M Orisis so I've pretty much given up on it lol. Probably gonna be the same with M Drill

I feel like M drillationship should do something but everything that comes to my mind will make it more useless or ridiculously good.
I haven't for the life of me found out anything I could do with M Orisis so I've pretty much given up on it lol. Probably gonna be the same with M Drill
Last time these convos happened, it ended in it's only there because it be weird if nothing happened.

I guess every character needs that move that no one uses, like Val's s.mk, Fortune's c.mk...

Hey, a quick question for @Mike_Z, is it at all possible for a frame delay/ latency option counter to be included in the training mode? I mainly ask because the majority of people I play against online don't have the best connections and would like to train in the respectable frame delay.
Unless GGPO is good enough that it doesn't matter then that's fine, I don't know how it all works.

I guess every character needs that move that no one uses, like Val's s.mk, Fortune's c.mk...
Actually I don't think fortune's 2mk is that useless. You can use it to anti-air IAD approaches. Another option is using 2mp however, 2mp recovers 4 frames slower so it's techically better if you accidentally whiff 2mk instead of 2mp.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Gotta fill those six buttons! :^P I try, but sometimes there are other normals that fill every niche.
Val s.MK is a reversal-safe meaty though.

Hey, a quick question for @Mike_Z, is it at all possible for a frame delay/ latency option counter to be included in the training mode? I mainly ask because the majority of people I play against online don't have the best connections and would like to train in the respectable frame delay.
Unless GGPO is good enough that it doesn't matter then that's fine, I don't know how it all works.
Just set it to zero. You only really need to put it higher if you care about visuals.

Just set it to zero. You only really need to put it higher if you care about visuals.
Oh so I should just put it 0 even if it suggests 4? Thanks!

Oh so I should just put it 0 even if it suggests 4? Thanks!
It suggests a delay that will make it so you mostly won't see any rollbacks because the input delay is long enough compared to the internet lag that the other inputs will usually arrive before they are needed. (i.e. if the game were written with input-lag netcode, the delay for this match would be set to that number + 1.)

The whole point of having rollbacks, though, is that you CAN choose delay 0 (or 1, which is basically the same) at all times, which means you FEEL no delay on your own character but the match still works. You will see more rollbacks depending on how bad the connection is, but you will not FEEL anything different from offline play on your own character. That's what makes rollbacks magic.

This is also what 99% of the FGC completely misunderstands, because in videos rollbacks LOOK bad, so they assume they are bad. But when you're playing, they feel way better.
Try this: Pick a friend you have a moderate connection with, and play them on the suggested delay + 1, which should eliminate visual rollbacks but feel like it's underwater. That's what lag-based netcode feels like vs that person. Then play them on delay 0, and notice how the gameplay works vs how it looks.

@Flotilla FAQ this?

can we please get rid of mines when i hit robo fortune? maybe let the head go back to her rather than going away completely? i just feel that if i get a hit on this character that i should not be combo broken because of this stupid thing or have to stop my combo because i know the detonation is coming. i just feel like once i get the hit on this character that i shouldn't be forced to go out of my way to play around the thing

can we please get rid of mines when i hit robo fortune? maybe let the head go back to her rather than going away completely? i just feel that if i get a hit on this character that i should not be combo broken because of this stupid thing or have to stop my combo because i know the detonation is coming. i just feel like once i get the hit on this character that i shouldn't be forced to go out of my way to play around the thing
see peacock

To this day, I don't know how to deal with walking George > teleport. Confirm only to get knocked out of your combo...

Wait it out only to have to deal with it again?

Block it and eat a whole chip damage cycle?

Intentionally drop the combo with hatred guard risking a mash/escape while eating the damage?

The only thing that consistently works is a throw with solid timing... but Peacock's have wised up to that.

Actually I don't think fortune's 2mk is that useless. You can use it to anti-air IAD approaches. Another option is using 2mp however, 2mp recovers 4 frames slower so it's techically better if you accidentally whiff 2mk instead of 2mp.
I disagree with that use. Why use that when you already have Fiber? Hell, s lp anti airs WAY better that c mk. The only use that I actually found useful was being able to do c lk > c mp > c mk > l fiber to get a potential crossup. I think making it slightly faster and extending it's hitboxes vertically would make it an effective anti-air.

Also I made a thread about Cerebella's grab bag not being in counter hit state after she falls to the floor. (well it is in counter hit if you grab but not hit)

I disagree with that use. Why use that when you already have Fiber? Hell, s lp anti airs WAY better that c mk. The only use that I actually found useful was being able to do c lk > c mp > c mk > l fiber to get a potential crossup. I think making it slightly faster and extending it's hitboxes vertically.
2mk is still faster and hits further horizontally than any fiber. I think it's worth throwing out against fillia when you think she's going to IAD at you for an example.

2mk is still faster and hits further horizontally than any fiber. I think it's worth throwing out against fillia when you think she's going to IAD at you for an example.
H Fiber has invincibility so it's MUCH safer throwing out than a random c mk. Hence why I tend to abuse it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) But seriously though how're you going to predict something as random as Filia going in? The priority of her attacks are going to beat out c mk every time. At best you're gonna trade. Why do that, even while headless, when you have other ways to anti air? It's just not viable.

I think jab does a much better job than both if we're just gonna hit filia iads 'cause you know 5f, really big, you can do it twice. It's 5f.... It's 5f? It's 5f! It's 5f.

Jab is really damn good.

The only thing useful about 2MK (to me) is the pushback it has which gives you enough space to have fiber not hit and you get to fiber jump and do things.

Also 2LP > fiber is a good idea. (dodge with low profile and counter them) you guys should use it wheeeee.

Exactly what I said. Although if you Fiber you can get an axe kick loop set up potentially. That's the main reason I use it over just s lp.

Also is it too much to ask to have the ability to control which side the head goes to after a nom? I mean we can already do this by just switching sides just before the last bite finishes.

Oh I guess this is a game where you can't special cancel a normal.

I'll go now.

The point was catching someone with a raw j hk ( while on the ground) into H axe to get the loop started after a fiber. The point wasn't about canceling normals into specials. That's why I said I prefer doing a raw H Fiber since even on whiff you can follow up to catch someone in the loop that is worth the damage. Jumping to conclusions much?

So, after seeing that everyone got their own stages in the tutorials I decided to do everyone's tutorials again to check out how things are. These are the things I observed:
Turns out Ms Fortune's is completely broken. It won't display the initial text and you're pretty much into a training mode for that one.
Cerebella's tutorial says Pummel Horse is a throw and that Diamond Deflector can hit.
Parasoul's tutorial still states only grounded opponents are crumpled with Silent Scope.
Valentine's Savage Bypass lesson doesn't take air bypasses into account (and it and Dead on Arrival's do not state the new properties these attacks gained)
I don't remember how Painwheel's was before this but there is no way you can do a grounded H Buer Reaper as you can't launch Filia or make her jump. You can still use the aerial version but it seems weird.
Double's Megalith Array triggers the down flash if a bomb hits Parasoul after you complete the lesson.
For some reason a lot of attacks trigger the !! even if they hit mid.
And this one is more of a pet peeve but Peacock's command for Goodfellows looks kind of weird. Moving the down to the next line to have the entire command in the same line would be cool.
3b53ef1706.jpg

edit: I just realized I'm posting retail stuff in the beta thread.

Last edited:
So, after seeing that everyone got their own stages in the tutorials I decided to do everyone's tutorials again to check out how things are. These are the things I observed:
MUCH appreciated! I'll see about fixing Fortune's.

For some reason a lot of attacks trigger the !! even if they hit mid.
You kinda have to be wrong about this one cuz that's been a feature in-game for a long time now, video?

AHAH, you're not wrong. It's because the training dummy is not allowed to block but is still TRYING to block so they are being hit out of low "block" by mids. Nice. Lemme see how fixable that is.

[edit] @Negus Eyoel it's stationary, and that's what it's for. You can jump around it with an air combo, for example...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryin and Wenzel
You kinda have to be wrong about this one cuz that's been a feature in-game for a long time now, video?

AHAH, you're not wrong. It's because the training dummy is not allowed to block but is still TRYING to block so they are being hit out of low "block" by mids. Nice. Lemme see how fixable that is.

Sorry for not replying fast enough, I was finishing the others to see if I found something else. Fortunately I did not. And man! I love how you guys did the DLC character tutorials. They definitely feel better than the vanilla cast's.
I also just realized Peacock didn't get a taunt lesson after getting her taunt.

snip

To echo Mike's response, thank you for the helpful post pointing stuff out! Some of the smaller things are a little lower priority right now but I'm really trying to get to all of them. I would ideally like to unlock movement for the vanilla characters' tutorials too, but that's more labor intensive than it would seem. XD

I'll add a lesson for Peacock's taunt!

And man! I love how you guys did the DLC character tutorials. They definitely feel better than the vanilla cast's.

THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY TO HEAR. ;______________;

Beta missing Bath of Sehkmet track :[

Um. Last update for Beta was 4/11. Last update for retail was today.
Oh you guys got the track in game between then and yesterday. My bad.

I know this isn't really gameplay discussion but anybody else feel like the new Bath of Sekmet music has an overly long into section? Like you can finish an entire match before you get to the main part of the song.

Also on the sound front, Under the Bridge stage music seems to be significantly louder than the other stages.