• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Please this, maybe also not have sMP notes combo linked to meter (which I guess is supposed to be tied to comboing into level 5, but as said above no one even does that), or change how the undizzy works with it so that it's easier (I know that there were fears about sMP burst baits before, but maybe there can be some other solution?). It'd be so much more fun if it was easier to actually use sMP notes in a combo.

Considering the uses L A train has for blockstrings, I think it's perfectly fine as is and that BB doesn't really need for it to be buffed for all the other tools he has. For the "worst comand grab" bit, well, someone has to have the worst command grab, and considering BB already has a bunch of great tools to serve whatever purpose, I don't think there's anything wrong with L A train just being a weaker move than the others.

I do agree and give it that, it does have it's uses in blockstrings next to L Step and emergency break cancel things, but the option selects that BB chooses to commit to can be quite usually and easily punishable should the opponent react to it properly and correctly. I would be perfectly fine with L A Train if it just wasn't something you often don't have to respect, it has a startup of like 26 wholly vulnerable frames and 1 active frame with throw invuln on that frame. That is longer than a hangover. Fukua gets a quick and a long, hyper armored command grabs that is punishable by hit in recovery or throw in startup, and Bella gets 2 quick, varied range-dependant command grabs, and they all have more active frames/protection and are not nearly as punishable as A Train L is. The recovery after Fukua's armored command grab is less than all of L Train's total frames, itself, and BB is throw invuln for only one of those frames. Bella and Fukua get combos offa theirs (kinda the point though, cause grappler) and BB gets either slide/fresh nuetral or badly scaled SSJ/Tuba. L A Train is an okay move, but it just is not a good one. I'd rather stick with cancel shenanigans, even if they're not as good as bella's runstop shenanigans.

Also, hey, yes can we make s.MP trumpet usable for godsakes PUHLEASE

And s.MP burst baits would ne pretty cool, but, they'd still probably be difficult to do cause Big Band is fat

Last edited:
I have to ask since because I love stages lol. Is the robo fortune stage getting a second version of it such as nightime or dawn sunset etc? Or is this it with the stages ;~;

Reactions: dMags
Daisy only catches some jump-ins. And basically everyone has an out in the air anyway (besides Double if she committed to something not j.LP/MK.)

Daisy Pusher is a good PBGC unless you're fighting a character who has a special move that puts them airborne like Filia or Fortune.

I don't think I use it for anything else.

L A train doesn't need a buff, it works fine as is and definitely has uses.

While I personally hardly ever use s.mp, it might not need a buff. Maybe we just need to figure out how to get the most utility out of it.

Reactions: ReSpAwNz67
But you can't raw tag out of Daisy anymore! So it's good now, right? ... Right?

It's useful for combos and a PBGC. Not a real reversal sadly.

Oh my, sorry guys, my last post was supposed to be a joke. Don't take it so seriously. My bad guys. You know my real answer about this. Again, I meant no harm, sorry.

Oh my, sorry guys, my last post was supposed to be a joke. Don't take it so seriously. My bad guys. You know my real answer about this. Again, I meant no harm, sorry.

If it was meant as a joke, then sorry for getting on your case so hard about it. It's all good, dude. We cool.

Reactions: Wenzel
I love you man, you're my favorite earlfriend, my bae! \o/

Reactions: earlfriend
I guess I should ad the disclaimer that Daisy Pusher can be sort of a reversal if you charged Center Stage first, but you might as well just DP at that point

I guess I should ad the disclaimer that Daisy Pusher can be sort of a reversal if you charged Center Stage first, but you might as well just DP at that point

Dude, charged-sing is vulnerable for 15 frames before the screen freeze. If you're getting away with doing that on wakeup... I don't know what the hell your opponent is doing.

You may as well wakup with normal throw.

Wake up grab is a godsend in most FGs, if you know how to use it well.

I bet no one would even notice these panty frame changes if they weren't explicitly mentioned in the changelog.

That's not to say they are not appreciated. Rather, that anyone who is upset about them is blowing the issue out of proportion.
I actually noticed it immediately on one of Filia's where she is falling down and showed pretty much her entire ass.

On to something more relevant. Beowulf's s.MP(2) > s.HP(chair on) doesn't seem to combo but what seems like a single frame. Is this intentional or can we have this combo?

I bet no one would even notice these panty frame changes if they weren't explicitly mentioned in the changelog.

That's not to say they are not appreciated. Rather, that anyone who is upset about them is blowing the issue out of proportion.

I'm one of those who didnt notice and seeing the comparison of the old and new Bella frame I probably would of never noticed unless it was pointed out.

Of course I also liked the longer skirt Filia and Poncho Bella in the "4kids Censors skullgirls thread. I can rest easy knowing Beowulf's got his little jiggle still!

Edit: also probably cause I use Peacock and big Band the most out of anyone so I never paid attention to the pantyshots in the first place, even before the game had more than 8 characters.

So new Robo Fortune looks amazing. Two things:

For the Bass/Forte color: During detonation, could we get the Megaman explosion particles the same way the Samus colors got power bomb effects?

For mines: Could we try having them disappear on hit before they're being set, but explode on hit if they're already embedded in the ground?

Last edited:
With last night's stream, Mike made it sound like gameplay is almost done with her but her release is far off due to the work needed for other features.

Also it was said last night was only the paid characters Big Band and after were getting taunts but I was wondering, weren't the whole cast supposed to get taunts? I recall hearing something about that way way back. Around the time Peacock got one and there was one of Valentine eating chocolate bar that never got finished, right?

Since postflash-tagging is disabled, Daisy always works as a reversal (against most of the cast)
Only Peacock and Robo-Fortune can't get out of it. Everyone else can. Some are kinda hard or heavy on meter but they can do it.

Anyone mind giving a brief rundown on this detonation mode? Going to be away most of today and twitch archives don't play on mobile.

Level 3. Functions like roby ky's. speed up, put out heads faster. Allows you to combo off of s.hk. Lasts, I believe, 10 seconds. Won't detonate during a throw. Det move stays on if robo leaves (dhc, tag, etc.). I don't remember the damage though

I think the data said it does 2k to the detonating Robo <but it won't suicide; It's forced to leave Robo at 1 HP like Band's Noise Cancel> and a significant amount more to anyone caught in the explosion

Level 3. Functions like roby ky's. speed up, put out heads faster. Allows you to combo off of s.hk. Lasts, I believe, 10 seconds. Won't detonate during a throw. Det move stays on if robo leaves (dhc, tag, etc.). I don't remember the damage though
L and M laser knockdown on hit

I didn't pay attention to how much damage it did to the opponent, but it does 2000 to Robo, and may or may not also destroy any heads Robo has in reserve. It's plus on both block and hit.

If being hit when 10 seconds are up, Robo won't explode until after opponent's last hit. Won't explode when called as assist, when called as assist countdown time counts time as 1/2 as long as if Robo was on screen normally. If Robo is offscreen on countdown 0 and gets snapped in, she'll explode right away.

Onward going from everyone getting their knickers in a twist, I have a thought.

Can we actually increase the hitstun on the notes played by s.mp trumpet so that it might actually be usable in a combo and link into s.hk properly

It already does, though? I just checked. They can be chained into s.HP, too.

I think there might be a bug(?) with s.MP notes now, though. If you're supposed to get an extra stunning note for every bar of meter you have, you only get 4 stunning notes at 5 bar now.

Also, does the massive undizzy penalty for using s.MP notes in a combo have any purpose now? It was originally put in when you could play up to 13 stunning notes in a single instance of s.MP, but that's obviously not the case anymore and no one uses it in combos anyways

Last edited:
Ah. Upon another check you can do link trumpet notes into s.HK but it's kinda tight, you have to do it immediately after hitting with a trumpet note or else they can block it, and I don't think the undizzy penalty serves any purpose at all, except just, being there? And I remember something vaguely about Mike saying he can't fix it or that's just the way it works or something way back when? I dunno.
s.HK is 21 frames startup, s.HP is 18 frames startup, so that link's gonna be rough.
For comparison trumpet note hitstun is 24 frames.

I just wish trumpet was more cool and fun to use and something that could actually be used, besides setting up for silly resets maybe.

That Double Snap is godlike though, mmmmmmwheeheehee, shame you can't really do it nowadays

Last edited:
My first impression of Cerebella was that the animators were channeling the spirt of Agent Akia.

In more relevant discussion can squigly's s.lp be changed to hit crouching opponents universally? It currently doesn't hit: Filia/fukua, Valentine, Double and Peacock(hit hits one point on peacock's animation cycle)

L A train doesn't need a buff, it works fine as is and definitely has uses.

While I personally hardly ever use s.mp, it might not need a buff. Maybe we just need to figure out how to get the most utility out of it.
A Train definitely anti airs amazingly and is a pretty damn good when used properly. @TechPowah made me realize it punishes you if you rely on your air game too much (add some salt to those losses too).

We were talking about the L version, which is a ground command throw.

A Train definitely anti airs amazingly and is a pretty damn good when used properly. @TechPowah made me realize it punishes you if you rely on your air game too much (add some salt to those losses too).

A-Train and Brass are two reasons I think BB is weaker, oddly enough.

The recovery on them is unbelievably punishable, and so they require BB to effectively make a guess and eat a lot of damage if he is wrong. If he makes a series of good guesses, BB seems psychic, but more often than not, I can make a BB afraid to use either of them in your average match-up.

Reactions: Zephyrel
A-Train and Brass are two reasons I think BB is weaker, oddly enough.

The recovery on them is unbelievably punishable, and so they require BB to effectively make a guess and eat a lot of damage if he is wrong. If he makes a series of good guesses, BB seems psychic, but more often than not, I can make a BB afraid to use either of them in your average match-up.

If we are talking about M a train and not the H version, I've found it rather safe from many distances, especially if blocked from near max range. From a further range where it wiffs against a grounded opponent, it is usually decently safe because it recovers outside of light and medium attack ranges on average and is majorly difficult to punish on reaction with long ranged things like fugal I knuckle. Not that it's "safe" per se. But it is a poke that I currently consider safe to punishment if done properly, and unsafe to pressure. Completely wiffing usually means the opponent can pressure you from what I've seen. Upclose I don't use it because up close I use j.lk as AA and from a bit further out I use mk a train. And I try to stay away from HK a train unless I really need the read or in combos or something.

/just realised this is OT... Again, sigh.

My first impression of Cerebella was that the animators were channeling the spirt of Agent Akia.

In more relevant discussion can squigly's s.lp be changed to hit crouching opponents universally? It currently doesn't hit: Filia/fukua, Valentine, Double and Peacock(hit hits one point on peacock's animation cycle)
Why would you even try to use s.LP when you can use literally any other L attack?

Why would you even try to use s.LP when you can use literally any other L attack?

Because st.lp hits twice, and has a higher hitbox than any of her other light attacks making it good as a starter for frame trap situations and in case the opponent is a bit off the ground... And funnily enough, can be better for frame traps since low light attacks might hit and change up the dynamic in an unwanted way, whereas a jab will more than likely be blocked and allow for more predictable timings and timing mixups like frame trap staggers and the like.

Plus st.lp is really fast in general.

Reactions: ReSpAwNz67

because s.lp is your fastest normal and you need it sometimes to confirm or continue combs b but then you miss because they were crouching. It would be nice if it was as reliable as fortune's jab.

Because st.lp hits twice, and has a higher hitbox than any of her other light attacks making it good as a starter for frame trap situations and in case the opponent is a bit off the ground... And funnily enough, can be better for frame traps since low light attacks might hit and change up the dynamic in an unwanted way, whereas a jab will more than likely be blocked and allow for more predictable timings and timing mixups like frame trap staggers and the like.

Plus st.lp is really fast in general.
Yeah but if your intent was to hit a crouching opponent, most of that doesn't even apply. Other characters have jabs that will whiff on a crouching opponent, that's what your other light attacks are for.