• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Hey whats the possibility of adding a buffer window during a pushblock to make more consistent PBGC?

Hey whats the possibility of adding a buffer window during a pushblock to make more consistent PBGC?

I'm pretty sure there already is one.

It was only a matter of time before assists requests appeared!
How exactly is this "unlike" any other attack in which you are required to press the button more than once? Valentine's s.HK/s.MP/s.LP, Squigly's s.HP, Parasoul's s.MK, Big Band's s.MK, etc. all do not do the rest of their hits. Squigly's F+HP/cr.HP, on the other hand, do not require you to press it more than once.
Thank you for clarifying, I didn't realize it was a design decision and not an oversight. Also, I don't appreciate other forum members trying to blow me up for getting a response to my question that includes Mike Z being Mike Z

8/5 patch - approved

Concerns

Only thing I would like fixed for Parasoul is when her blocker jumps out, his vertical body is not tall enough (or not touching the floor enough?) to block all of peacocks machine gun super or valentines knives. Some bullets go under the blockers feet or over his head to hit Parasoul behind him thus rendering the blocker useless.

Also, I think Parasoul's boyfriends should leave the screen faster or get rid of the cooldown AFTER they have left already. But to make them stay and salute (lk), do the Tebow AND salute (mk) or ride off giving a high 5 to the opponent (hk), AND AFTER ALL THAT having a 30+f (uneducated guess) cool down before being able to call them again is horrible. They all need to get off the screen much faster and be called again much sooner. I think it should be like fireballs; once they are off the screen, they should be able to be called again

Cause there's NO WAY that I actually also play Filia, Squigly, Parasoul, Fukua, Painwheel, Peacock, Fortune, and Double as well... right...?

Lies!

So I'm having issues updating. It downloaded just fine but now either version is "unpacking" and for some reason it will take over two hours.

My Steam client is up to date. What do.

Edit. Seems like the solution is to ask about it because suddenly they work. Wtf.

Reactions: gllt
I even use some of them on a...

team!

MOAR LIES!

oh man the change to para j.LK and HK makes me so happy. i always though it was weird that those 2 attacks didnt follow the same rules as other multihit attacks.

My OTP will always be solo bella, don't worry. I just like to mess around behind bella's back sometimes. Though sometimes she gets in on the action, especially with peacock. She's into lolicon.
From the looks of titan knuckle and kancho she's into much more than that...

From the looks of titan knuckle and kancho she's into much more than that...
Well technically she's not into it, but it's not always about her. And she knows it.

Reactions: Covenant and iLoli
- Cerebella's j.MK is an overhead, that was a mistake from a long time ago that was also fixed a long time ago.
- Cerebella's j.LP is a strange case because it's a non-mid normal you can hit an unlimited amount of times. The existing moves to compare it to were Val's cr.LK double-tap (multihit low then mid for the rest) and Big Band's j.MK (multihit high then mid for the rest), so I went with that. Especially because, since you can mash it very quickly then stop and do a low, it makes more sense for it to work the non-multi-overhead way.

@MegamanDS
C'mon Dan, at least learn the names for moves where they shout out the name. :^)
Yes, he's shorter when he first lands.
The cooldown's not changing, though. I could probably make them stand around longer but there's not much I can do about the bike.

There's already a 4f window for all reversals, including PBGC ones.

Last edited:
I played around with Double again (but I don't have the beta with the new multihit rules).

J.lk doesn't let you connect a j.mp after except on really tall characters, or it's a very tight timing. In those cases you'd probably be better off going for instant overheads as your mixup anyway. You can do j.lp into j.mp at certain heights, but I don't think that's very good because you're not really changing the timing at which you land, so simply following your jump arc with a high block into a low block should work fine.

J.lk should still be useful with the changes as a way to eat or bait pushblocks, and you can use it to set up a somewhat unsafe teacup as a late overhead too. Pushblocking the first hit is dangerous to begin with since it let's double get in your face with lots of frame advantage. Pushblocking the second hit would make a teacup overhead safe (?) on whiff, or get baited by an early fast-fall into low/throw.

So yeah, high/low from j.lk should still exist but in a less safe form.

The new beta experiment:
%23PutFiliaInTheTrash.gif

Being able to block it on reaction may be a bit too harsh though.

Cant people just mash Fenrir instead?
Uh...all the changes only concern AIR gregor...

@MegamanDS
C'mon Dan, at least learn the names for moves where they shout out the name. :^)
Yes, he's shorter when he first lands.
The cooldown's not changing, though. I could probably make them stand around longer but there's not much I can do about the bike.
Knives and peacock machine gun are still going through. And the weird part is it's going through the middle of the guy (visually see the middle knives and bullets hit). If the cooldown is not changing, can you make the jump off the screen faster?

Also, don't you think that the biker slowing down when Parasoul gets hit is worse for her because now I have to wait even LONGER to call him again (have to watch him ride off into the sunset in slow motion). Shouldn't he speed up to get off the screen faster so I can use him faster? Like when 2 fireballs collide, you can do fireballs faster, not wait longer than it taking to leave the screen.

Reactions: d3v
And the weird part is it's going through the middle of the guy (visually see the middle knives and bullets hit).
Video of that?

The new beta experiment:
Is the gif related to the change, or unrelated as a general comment? Cuz she could totally Updo to dodge and punish all of that...

Is the gif related to the change, or unrelated as a general comment? Cuz she could totally Updo to dodge and punish all of that...

That's an old gif hilary asked me to make for laughs. However, I often did it to his painwheel when he tried to armor through things when I played Para/Squig. Okay, story time is over!

- Feral Edge is blockable post-flash.

Okay, who brought up Fortune and why'd her air super get the gregor treatment all of a sudden?

Reactions: DDB
Only beta change I care about is LOBBIES NOT DICKING A SINGLE GUY OVER AND OVER.
Wait, that means I'll never be able to beat my lobby PB? 7 matches on spectator in a row in a 7-man lobby...
I guess I can't really complain.

Okay, who brought up Fortune and why'd her air super get the gregor treatment all of a sudden?
Nobody did, it was on the list already.

Let's look at air supers:
Eliza's dive has vulnerable pre-flash startup and ends your combo.
Fukua's air drill has vulnerable pre-flash startup and can only be combo'd off in the corner.
Fukua's air fireball has vulnerable pre-flash and post-flash frames and is easily blockable post-flash.
Val's scalpels has vulnerable pre-flash startup and is blockable post-flash.
Val's flatliner ends your combo and puts them a full screen away, plus leads to a huge punish if blocked.
Big Band's Timpani can trade after the flash, is very unsafe, and can only be combo'd off in certain situations or with a taunt first.
Painwheel's doesn't reach very far on the unblockable frame and is supposed to be the best air super anyway.
Double's is a Lv5.

Fortune's and Filia's:
- Are Lv1 air supers that have fully invulnerable startup.
- Are invulnerable through multiple active frames.
- Can be combo'd off of easily with no specific requirements, usually without using up your OTG.
- Reach pretty far on the first active frame...Feral reaches REALLY FAR!
- And are also post-flash unblockable.

I don't really see a problem with fixing one of those things for those two supers.

Video of that?

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuh
The first hit of Argus just kills the Egret, which is why the followup projectiles go through.

Find something where Scalpels goes through its middle part, or where you block the first part of Argus, then Egret and the 2nd part just whiffs through the Egret.

Reactions: gllt
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuh
The first hit of Argus just kills the Egret, which is why the followup projectiles go through.

Find something where Scalpels goes through its middle part, or where you block the first part of Argus, then Egret and the 2nd part just whiffs through the Egret.
That wasn't even it, the Egret animation just ended.

Wait, what?

According to shoryuken, Gregor is invulnerable through all start up frames and 1 active frame. Feral Edge is invulnerable for all start up frames and 5 active frames.

Feral edge is still not a good reversal though. Depending on the enemy's position, you can connect with the first hit and still have the hits start whiffing halfway through the super--and then you get blown up.

Reactions: DDB
Oh, Dan...you're so precious. :^) (Come to Rebel Up tomorrow!)

The laser part goes through everything, like AHVB, so he won't stop that. Then in your video he lands and is finished blocking things.
If you call him after the laser, he blocks all the bullets. Especially not with the latest fix.

Wait, what?
Sorry, was tired. Feral is hella invin through the first 5 active, but what I meant was "are invincible all the way through the active frames" like Timpani isn't.
tl;dr "they won't trade".

According to shoryuken, Gregor is invulnerable through all start up frames and 1 active frame. Feral Edge is invulnerable for all start up frames and 5 active frames.

i wouldnt pay much attention to SRK. has that thing even been updated at all? plus theres a perfectly good frame data counter in the game itself so you can count the amount of invul frames yourself withou need for a wiki.

Reactions: WarpedEcho and gllt
i wouldnt pay much attention to SRK. has that thing even been updated at all? plus theres a perfectly good frame data counter in the game itself so you can count the amount of invul frames yourself withou need for a wiki.

It's all we've got! In my experience, it is fairly accurate... but in any case, we don't have an alternative.

Not from the comfort of my own couch while watching The One (totally doesn't hold up... did it ever) while debating if I should finally go read the rules to Malifaux.

Point being, I use the in game frame counter when I need it... and I'm in game. I probably won't ever go and boot up SG on my PC to help flush out a statement about frames when Shoryuken's frame data is good enough (it got the right answer, no?).