• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Come to think of it, it was a 2 versus 1 when I tried the trick so that might be the reason it acted the way it did. Well, I guess that explains that.
I guess my original idea of using a SnapBack in that way could still work like if I can find a way of using it without dropping it and still making it worth while. Then again SnapBack OTG's might work differently then planned or not at all.
Snapbacks have worked this way since day 1, on purpose. Because it means you can always doublesnap an assist, since they get their OTG back even if you used it on them already...and also because it's fun for style if you're down to just the last character.
As Skarmand said, they don't work that way vs solos because they now have an effect vs solos (remove red health), so it would be kinda unfair to let you do a full combo, remove all their red health, and then set up a burst bait anyway. At least vs a team when you snap they can block on incoming.

@guitalex2007
It doesn't need to be closed yet, it can be closed when Robo gets to Retail. There ARE still useful bugs being reported.

Reactions: Pickles
I don't know what pages you're reading, on this page and the page prior alone are things being reported that Mike took care of.
Things that should go on the bug report thread, you mean?

It's whatever.

Things that should go on the bug report thread, you mean?

It's whatever.
Yes, we read your last several posts. Stop whining. Last warning.

Calm down everyone.

Yes they can go to the bug threads, but this location technically works too if the bugs are for beta especially since Mike is regularly here. Not like bugs being reported here was a new thing. This thread will close when the Beta closes because no point to keep this thread active if the Beta doesn't exist.

There is also at least gonna be one more beta patch maybe sometime after Robo releases for retail, but not sure if that is a guarantee yet. In any case, it's still too early to close this thread. If you have bugs to report, but don't want to do it here because you feel it warrants a separate thread then feel free to make one. Please stop making posts here about whether things fit in this thread or not.

Reactions: KhaosMuffins
Yes, we read your last several posts. Stop whining. Last warning.
Just replying to people who reply to me.

A feature of "forums".

Maybe I'll merge the bug forums and the beta forum into one forum and just make 1 thread each for bugs, beta bugs, and beta discussion.

Reactions: guitalex2007
As long as this thread remains, I don't care where you move it.

Though I wonder if this posting is proper here,I post this.
Now,SkullgirlsJP account in Twitter isn't active. Japanese SG players send to some massages till today,but we didn't get any replies from SkullgirlsJP after April.we are so happy if get them......

Reactions: Flotilla
Now,SkullgirlsJP account in Twitter isn't active. Japanese SG players send to some massages till today,but we didn't get any replies from SkullgirlsJP after April.we are so happy if get them......
@render I don't know if you control that one, but maybe so?

Reactions: Wenzel

It'll be more active very soon! Sorry for the prolonged silence!

Last edited:
Reactions: Flotilla and Wenzel
is it too late to request that skullgirls support non-standard keyboard characters? would be nice to see names like that instead of just question marks.

is it too late to request that skullgirls support non-standard keyboard characters? would be nice to see names like that instead of just question marks.
I'm going out on a limb and saying yes because that would require art assets.

Reactions: Wenzel
Very too late, unfortunately. :^(
And it prevents people from getting around the banned-word list in Steam in a variety of creative ways I've seen in other games, so I'm also kinda okay with it. :^P

If you did the input before teching, it can cause the super to come out the way the character faced before teching, but that tech didn't cross up Filia, so I'm not sure
I also only watched it twice cause I'm about to leave, someone else look closer

Reactions: SCOTT_WHALE
1.Valentine flashed in operating room
What the heck?!

3.a total bug,inputted qcb.pp,LV1 came out.
Cerebella is facing backward during her backward ground tech for almost the whole time - she's one of 3(?) characters that re-uses frames facing the other way.
[edit] I'm wrong, that has nothing to do with it.
Wallbounce -> Cerebella facing LEFT -> tech to the left (forward tech), still facing left -> reversal super D,Down-left,left = QCT. It's what gllt mentioned.

Hey we're talking about this again:

Is this the reversal window or what?
I never really knew what caused this.

Reactions: SCOTT_WHALE
I sure do love wake up Flesh Step over Hornet Bomber.

You just sorta gotta learn to do the opposite.
Sometimes you'll get the opposite of the opposite though so shrug.

At the buffer window when getting up your character is facing right so it makes sense to have to input the move as if you were facing right.

At the buffer window when getting up your character is facing right so it makes sense to have to input the move as if you were facing right.
Yeah, but then if you're too late on the timing, then you have to do it the normal way which makes it even more confusing.

I never really knew what caused this.
I swear I already explained this...
In your video example:
Knocked down facing right, tech backward still facing right.
Input D,DR,R+MP during ground tech = D,DF,F. Get M Bang, which autocorrects to face left on the first frame.
Input D,DL,L+MP during ground tech = D,DB,B. Get M item.
Input D,DR,R+MP after ground tech ends and Peacock is already facing left = D,DB,B.

I tried several ways to get the reversal frame to face the proper way for checking directions and none worked. Maybe I can look at it again for the lobby patch, but otherwise there's your explanation.

I meant more "why would it keep your facing based on your ground tech facing?" instead of "why is my input being backward sometimes?"

I meant more "why would it keep your facing based on your ground tech facing?" instead of "why is my input being backward sometimes?"
Because it works based on your facing on the frame the last part of your input is entered.

Reactions: Ronus
;_; So its gonna change or not?
It may get fixed when we do the update for console lobbies, but it most certainly is not changing now. Nothing else is changing now.

So just to clarify, changes made to gameplay (using that term loosely here) between now and console lobbies patch will be bug fixes only right? No actual balance changes will be made (unless something extremely drastic is found)?
The title under my name says "Dumb Scrub" for a reason.

So just to clarify, changes made to gameplay (using that term loosely here) between now and console lobbies patch will be bug fixes only right? No actual balance changes will be made (unless something extremely drastic is found)?
The title under my name says "Dumb Scrub" for a reason.
Gameplay changes will be nothing except bugfixes, unless needed to fix something drastic, yes. My personal goal is to change nothing, because that's less work and I like the idea of sleeping. :^)

I know this is probably not important enough to fix, but thought I'd bring it up because I was curious as to why it happened. Is the battle butt easter egg damage based like Beowulf's ref? I figured that makes sense, that it came out since the damage would have killed the point if it hit her, but since I don't actually know how stuff works I thought I'd ask.
O0jjiT6.jpg

Last edited:
If you do instant j.hk with double over and over at a range where avery connects with the opponent, most of the time avery won't disappear after doing j.hk again. Doesn't seem to work with peacock.

If you do instant j.hk with double over and over at a range where avery connects with the opponent, most of the time avery won't disappear after doing j.hk again. Doesn't seem to work with peacock.
Oh, I bet I never ported the Peacock fix to Double.
Well. Technically it isn't Avery, it's part of Double, so it's not subject to the one-Avery-at-once rule.... :^P

6vHPAsZ.png

Can we edit or delete the records in replay theater?
like,highlight.bookmark.label.
its too many in it,and plus could it also record the players' names?

You can delete replays through the save data in your documents.

Are projectile assists not supposed to add on to undizzy past stage 3 or is that intentional? I'm assuming it's intentional because it seems to be only projectile assists that do that so it seems like you would have to intentionally program the game to do that but I dunno I've never made a game.

(It's also a rule I've never heard of which is why I'm asking.)

Although apparently the final update is coming on 7/7 so if it wasn't intentional then oops I didn't know about this until yesterday in the afternoon.

Last edited:
You can delete replays through the save data in your documents.
i know,but in that way i have to check which ones i want to delete,keep the numbers in mind and delete.
and i think it would ruin the number things.

Are projectile assists not supposed to add on to undizzy past stage 3 or is that intentional?
It's intentional.

Reactions: Stuff
i know,but in that way i have to check which ones i want to delete,keep the numbers in mind and delete.
and i think it would ruin the number things.
Replays is not a "finished" feature, so unfortunately adding all that is probably not going to happen. I'm sorry. :^( It may happen later, but for now no.
And it would screw up the numbering, however, there are Windows tools for this kind of thing, like
http://www.advancedrenamer.com/user_guide/method_renumber

Am I right in guessing nobody has had desynced replays since the last fix? @Lawnba

nope i haven't had any problems with replays. I even transferred replays from one local source to another and it all seems fine.