• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

IT AIN'T OVER YET! Given that we have to Patch All The Things, there is one more beta update coming today to test two things.
Can you check something else? I tried lowering the music volume, but at least in the main menu the volume will restore itself when the music finally loops.

The setting doesn't change, and when I raise the music from the 30 I set to 40 it lowers it to the proper level again.

Until it loops and destroys my ears.

Fs6S9LQ.png

Reactions: Scar and mcpeanuts
Can you check something else? I tried lowering the music volume, but at least in the main menu the volume will restore itself when the music finally loops.
The setting doesn't change, and when I raise the music from the 30 I set to 40 it lowers it to the proper level again.
Until it loops and destroys my ears.
That and the cutscene music bug are the same bug, but I will check it just in case.

Reactions: guitalex2007
Still getting replay desyncs when I fight @Lawnba qq
Though that might be chalked up more to connection instability more than anything else, not sure what can be done to combat that. Looking through it once it looks like it was fine up until he made an Item Drop assist call midgame.

[e] Dunno if this changes what to look at but this was specifically in Retail

Still getting replay desyncs when I fight @Lawnba qq
Though that might be chalked up more to connection instability more than anything else, not sure what can be done to combat that. Looking through it once it looks like it was fine up until he made an Item Drop assist call midgame.

[e] Dunno if this changes what to look at but this was specifically in Retail
"unsupported"
:^|
I've fixed like every possible spot I can find for randomness...how bad is your connection?

does retail SG have the replay feature?

"unsupported"
:^|
I've fixed like every possible spot I can find for randomness...how bad is your connection?

Ah, right, forgot about that important keyword. Our connection was sort of choppy and rolled back from time to time but our set never paused anywhere for a "waiting for opponent" screen. No slowdowns of any sort, just typical GGPO rollbacks as far as I could tell. Don't worry about it if it's past the time to be working on it though!

does retail SG have the replay feature?

Yeah, you can go to launch options in Retail and set the -enablereplays flag to get the same thing that was in Beta pretty much. It even tells you what replay number was saved after each match and how many replays there are in your theater when you boot it which is pretty cool!

I guess we're back to just regular "Beta" now...aww.

Today's Patch Notes BGM™ is
Sky High Elation
from IMPORTED, a free album of original music by Japanese game composers! (Bandcamp embeds doesn't work...)

Since there are some PS4 issues that require a fast patch, I have some small gameplay bugfixes to test. You've got like...less than one day...to find problems. :^)

General
- Fixed a bug with Cerebella's taunt input mistakenly allowing you to hold Back throughout it, rather than requiring you to tap Back in the middle. Thanks Raz!

- Lengthened hitstun from Robo c.HK by 5f because light characters recovered while rising, allowing a 1-frame-perfect unblockable reset with Airuwlf off Robo's assist. (Does not work with point Robo c.HK->super->DHC, only as assist.) Thanks TheGamaniac!

- Update the air-unblockable protection by fixing a bug with the trigger conditions, as well as lengthening the protection given by command throws/super throws ONLY, to other cover some edge cases. Normal throw air protection works the same way it did before, because normal throws are techable. Thanks, me! :^P

Last edited:
It's a total longshot since it's technically a gameplay change, but I figure it's worth asking:

Double's hornet bomber (L Bomber at least) has some frames in the middle where cancelling into monster won't combo. Any possibility of increasing the hitstun so it will always combo into monster?

Wish I told you about this earlier, I forgot all about it until it messed me up vs Skarmand the other evening.

It's a total longshot since it's technically a gameplay change, but I figure it's worth asking:

Double's hornet bomber (L Bomber at least) has some frames in the middle where cancelling into monster won't combo. Any possibility of increasing the hitstun so it will always combo into monster?

Wish I told you about this earlier, I forgot all about it until it messed me up vs Skarmand the other evening.
"In the middle" where? Like when are you cancelling it?

Uh it's sometime right after the first hit

@Fosh might have a better idea than I do. I'll look through my match videos when i get home to see if i can find it.
Hello!
I did my best to show as much frame data/hitboxes going on when it happens as I could so I got it on a replay recording and on P1 side with the frame indicators at the top. I can't really feel out a timing for where the spot to cancel actually is, but it's definitely there and hopefully documented enough for Mike to look at.

[e] Wow inputs weren't on, whoops. If you need those too, lemme know.

Reactions: SmashBlade
Hello!
I did my best to show as much frame data/hitboxes going on when it happens as I could so I got it on a replay recording and on P1 side with the frame indicators at the top.
This is excellent, thank you.

Oy wow what you can cancel it with ground supers before the last hit? That's not supposed to be possible...ah well, I can fix it anyway.

Reactions: Fosh
@Dolfinh @Fosh
Fixed in next build. You can input the motion at the same time you normally can but the cancel now won't happen until she's had a chance to do the last hit for at least 1f. I did not extend the middle hitstun, though, because it would have required a 20f extension for Monster to combo...so I guess if you cancel ASAP and that 1f would miss, you'll still get blocked, but that's your problem IMO. :^)

Reactions: Fosh and mcpeanuts
Hey remember this bug?
http://skullheart.com/index.php?threads/counterhit-undizzy-drama-stacking-bug.2129/
Well now I know that the 'stacking' of bonus undizzy does not just apply to counterhit grab.
If you hit them meaty at all the undizzy will remain the same regardless of what move it was or whether the move was counterhit or not. Additionally, if you had used an assist in a combo and then land a meaty hit/throw you do not get your assist back (this sucks and is the main issue i have with this)

For example, let's say that i land counterhit s.hk -> h brass with big band. And then i hit them with meaty j.lk, they will still have +100 undizzy even though i didn't start with a counterhit heavy at all. If this j.lk were to be a counterhit (idk maybe they were mashing jab reaaaaaally hard) i would start the combo with +125 undizzy.

Also given enough consecutive meaty counterhits, you can lower the undizzy of the opponent indefinitely.

idk if this is still not worth fixing now that i know more about it but yea this exists

That sounds less like a bug and more like awesome tech under the hood that we'd traditionally let fly in other games.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Also given enough consecutive meaty counterhits, you can lower the undizzy of the opponent indefinitely.
Please keep this.

More longshot changes!
As Bella, if you attempt to Kancho an opponent's corpse when the next character is coming in, Bella will not slide but immediately kancho towards them. So if Bella started running from the left side of the screen with the corpse in the middle, the kancho will come out pointing to the right side. This happened with @Kai a while back, if he remembers.

I'm assuming it's because of the sudden shift from the point character being the corpse to the incoming char. So that when Kanchou passes the corpse while it was the point character, the game registers a slide not being required but auto adjusts the attack to the incoming point character.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kai
More longshot changes!
As Bella, if you attempt to Kancho an opponent's corpse when the next character is coming in, Bella will not slide but immediately kancho towards them. So if Bella started running from the left side of the screen with the corpse in the middle, the kancho will come out pointing to the right side. This happened with @Kai a while back, if he remembers.

I'm assuming it's because of the sudden shift from the point character being the corpse to the incoming char. So that when Kanchou passes the corpse while it was the point character, the game registers a slide not being required but auto adjusts the attack to the incoming point character.
that's actually cool don't touch that
I hate it because it makes no sense, lol, but it's also not that good, so I'd leave it alone. The WTF factor alone makes it worth keeping around. It's funny as hell :D

Additionally, if you had used an assist in a combo and then land a meaty hit/throw you do not get your assist back (this sucks and is the main issue i have with this)
THIS bothers me but is also a really good test case, let me see if I can finally fix that.
Maybe not!
[edit] I can't get this to happen. Meaty hits in every situation I tested after wakeup or ground tech give your assist back. I can get it with Winnie's Robo s.LK->s.HP, but not on actual "meaty" situations.
??? Provide a specific situation for that?

Also @Izzmo's things, hahaha.

Last edited:
THIS bothers me but is also a really good test case, let me see if I can finally fix that.
Maybe not!
[edit] I can't get this to happen. Meaty hits in every situation I tested after wakeup or ground tech give your assist back. I can get it with Winnie's Robo s.LK->s.HP, but not on actual "meaty" situations.
??? Provide a specific situation for that?

Also @Izzmo's things, hahaha.
If it helps one of the setups i know this to be the case for is resetting into big bands airthrow

Though it's been awhile, since I've played but while we are mentioning one frame stuff:

Iirc painwheels st.hp xx fly 6j.mk>call assist when the j.mk makes contact. Doesn't actually work if you had previously used the assist in that combo... Even though it should since that is a 1 frame uncombo. Iirc you have to delay quite a bit to get the assist to come out.

There are lots of weirdities like that in the game... It seems to have something to do with 1 frame things in general.

@Chairman Mao @Dime_x
(@winnie ?)

Fixed the zero-frame reset thing!
2 easy test cases:
Squigly c.MK xx Daisy is a 0f reset cuz Daisy is active forever and won't hit them in hitstun. So Daisy, call assist, c.LK->c.MK xx Daisy, repeat. REALLY easy, try with Painwheel c.MP assist.
Corner, Robo s.LK->s.HP is 1 frame reset so s.HP->H Danger, c.MP->s.MK->s.HP + call assist, walk up s.LK->s.HP etc. Thanks Winnie!
Both of these do not give back your assist in the Beta or Retail but do on my local copy. So yay for fixes!

This is only for the point character recovering, and it now means you get another assist call any time the point character resets even if the ASSIST did not reset, so you can do things like this:
Eliza + PW L nails assist vs Filia + Fortune. Hit both of them the corner, [c.LK->c.MK->s.HPx2 xx Horace, walk up, s.LPx3->s.MK->s.HKx2 + call Painwheel]xN. This is a combo on assist Fortune but Filia falls out of the bird, and it now refreshes your assist when that happens. It ALREADY refreshed your bird call, but not your assists.

This does not give you multiple assists in a doublesnap, because the point character is still in hitstun during that. :^P

I am not fixing the Undizzy thing because I'm fine with undizzy continuing to build on zero-frame resets, or the CH stacking thing.

Last edited:
Glad that was deemed a bug, I was never able to tell if an airthrow reset had hit meaty which made it hard to know if you should go into an assist combo/setup.

Glad that was deemed a bug, I was never able to tell if an airthrow reset had hit meaty which made it hard to know if you should go into an assist combo/setup.
It was always a bug, I just was never able to think of a workable way to fix it before because there was so much else to fix. :^P

Thank you for getting the screen size thing fixed. I was worried that wouldn't work out, as pretty as the game is, that weird zoom in was distracting.

is there a thread where we can talk about the problems with the ps4 version? Or can I just talk about them here

The problem with the PS4 version its that a buyed and doesn´t have a PS4 yet #FirstWorldProblems

The problem with the PS4 version its that a buyed and doesn´t have a PS4 yet #FirstWorldProblems

Huh?

Uh anyone know why this happens?

I'm using a macro so I don't understand why this happens.

I'm aware that I can hold a kick then press a second kick. I know that LPLK is also one but that is slower. So I don't want advice on HOW TO I want to know WHY.

Reactions: gllt
@Mike_Z I thought updates were done but since they are not you should know that Robo's beams don't trigger IPS or undizzy sparks but you can still burst them normally. This only happens on PS3 and PC builds to my knowledge this video shows this off and for some reason missiles also have this problem in some situations but I don't know what causes it. This is not really a big glitch or anything but its just odd.

@Mike_Z I thought updates were done but since they are not you should know that Robo's beams don't trigger IPS or undizzy sparks but you can still burst them normally.
Oh! Yeah. Neither do Argus small lasers, it's because those things all have their own hitsparks so it overrides the IPS convert-hitspark-to-other-thing. I could probably fix it for Lobbies, but since you can burst them like regular it's not as urgent. Thank you!

@dekillsage
You can talk about 'em here, I get notifications here. Whatcha got?

not even the end of the match can stop sanic filia

Since we are able to discuss problems on the PS4, here is what I have found in Challenge #7 of 2nd Encore. Something similar happened to Double when her tag was Hornet Bomber (H).

Thanks for the notice. This is known and has been fixed. It'll be included in the patch we're releasing to address various issues.