• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Replays is not a "finished" feature, so unfortunately adding all that is probably not going to happen. I'm sorry. :^( It may happen later, but for now no.
And it would screw up the numbering, however, there are Windows tools for this kind of thing, like
http://www.advancedrenamer.com/user_guide/method_renumber

Am I right in guessing nobody has had desynced replays since the last fix? @Lawnba
No problems for me.
But are we going to get the unfinished replays in the final version of the game?
It's really useful for correcting bad habits and improving in general without recording the matches as a video, which takes up a huge amount of space.

Having actually been going through replays lately I've had no desyncs, though neither I nor the people I play use Peacock and I know she was the usual cause.

@Mike_Z

Is the dream for xplatform completely dead?

I know very little (see also: nothing) about the technologies involved, but with second encore, and a possible precedent being set by both SFV and KI, I was wondering if that opens the xplatform space up to other devs?

Xplatform is not possible simply because matchmaking is done over completely different systems (steamworks/PSN), I don't know how SFV/KI do it but they must use their own matchmaking/connection system

Ah, I am just hoping that xplatform reaches the smaller games sooner rather than later.

While SFV is likely going to do well on both PC and PS4 regardless of xplatform or anything else, a game like SG could really benefit from having most or all of its community together.

SFV/ KI will have dedicated expensive servers for the xplataform, in theory (correct me if im wrong) SG just need money for it, (and obviosly all the programing work for it.)

Is the dream for xplatform completely dead?
PS3, PS4, and Vita are different platforms.

I know very little (see also: nothing) about the technologies involved, but with second encore, and a possible precedent being set by both SFV and KI, I was wondering if that opens the xplatform space up to other devs?
I'm sure it does, if one has the money to host servers and wants to update all versions of the game with custom networking. I'm equally sure there is no way we're doing that amount of work for free, and that we can't afford to host servers forever. Seriously now... :^|

Reactions: Wenzel
If I just waited I would win by timeout :^)
The timer froze for the time between her "first" and "second" death, though.

The timer froze for the time between her "first" and "second" death, though.
lol it did rip

I was able to replicate this locally with Fifth of Dismember. Is there anything else I should test? I couldn't get the bug to happen with Beast of Gehenna, Nightmare Legion, Three Wulf Moonsault, Nekhbet Breaker, or Lady of Slaughter. Ultimate Showstopper seems to kill detonation-Robo just fine.
Video's in a local match, so it's not a Training Mode thing. I hope this helps!
[EDIT] Also, the "Dead" Robo can still call assists. Forgot about that.

Reactions: Ronus
I hope Mike tells us why it stops the timer.

Also, what happens if Robo-tags during this?

Last edited:
I hope Mike tells us why it stops the timer.
Timer stops because the point character has no health.

Robo is actually dead there, she can't move and her health is below 0. If I just waited I would win by timeout :^)
Add this to the list of things to remind me next Wednesday so I can fix it for PC at least, please.

[EDIT] Also, the "Dead" Robo can still call assists. Forgot about that.
That sounds like literally the worst thing you could do in that situation.

That's gotta sting.
What was the bug?

Found an actual bug with antiair unblockable protection, hahahahahah. ;_;
At least you're the one who caught it and you're doing one more patch anyway.

Not that that makes the work any better or easier.

Last edited:
Not that it matters but why can't Painwheel unfly or fly during downs? I was stuck flying between downs which is great but I dunno.

This is more of a usability question: but in a future update/game when scrolling through a menu can there be a slight pause to once the end/beginning is reached before the game continues scrolling? Or just pausing slightly when "previous menu" is reached.

Example: tries scrolling to "previous menu" -> guess that he's close or actually passes it-> taps directional button until he finally reaches option.

I'm sure we can all live without it and you're busy enough as-is, so I suppose this is more of a "maybe next time" request.

Not that it matters but why can't Painwheel unfly or fly during downs? I was stuck flying between downs which is great but I dunno.
OH BOY OH BOY NICE CATCH I wish you had caught that earlier, dangit.
I can fix it for PC, at least.

That's gotta sting.
What was the bug?
In at least one case that it should be applied, it isn't. You can still poke out but it just means I get to fix it the heavy-handed way.

This is more of a usability question: but in a future update/game when scrolling through a menu can there be a slight pause to once the end/beginning is reached before the game continues scrolling? Or just pausing slightly when "previous menu" is reached.
Eh, our scroll period is already like 10f, it ain't that bad to catch an option. I'll see if this is easy but I suspect it isn't.
Also, you can press Select or Cancel (MK button) to go back to the previous menu...

Eh, our scroll period is already like 10f, it ain't that bad to catch an option. I'll see if this is easy but I suspect it isn't.
Also, you can press Select or Cancel (MK button) to go back to the previous menu...
Huh, I actually didn't know that either the select button or the mk did that. In other games the "b" button (my lk) corresponds to going back, but that always selects thing in this game. It was an assumption on my part.

But thanks for still looking into it.

Huh, I actually didn't know that either the select button or the mk did that. In other games the "b" button (my lk) corresponds to going back, but that always selects thing in this game. It was an assumption on my part.
On PS3 outside Japan, X (bottom button) is GO and Circle (right button) is BACK. On XBox A (bottom button) is GO, and B (right button) is BACK. In the default control scheme those correspond to LK and MK, respectively, so we stuck with that for PC which has no defined bottom or right button.

On PS3 outside Japan, X (bottom button) is GO and Circle (right button) is BACK. On XBox A (bottom button) is GO, and B (right button) is BACK. In the default control scheme those correspond to LK and MK, respectively, so we stuck with that for PC which has no defined bottom or right button.
I figured as much, though the systems that came to mind were wii (I'm using an adapter) and ps3. It makes sense to have that option consistently correspond to something used within the game frequently when the control set-up between platforms are inconsistent.

Honestly, it's things like that (except worse, like low level hardware inconsistencies) that makes me want to shy away from cross-platform development. It's frustrating at times, especially considering my lack of experience.

Well at least one of us seems to have things under control lol.

Good luck with the bug hunts/fixes and thanks for being active here.
:)

Honestly, it's things like that (except worse, like low level hardware inconsistencies) that makes me want to shy away from cross-platform development. It's frustrating at times, especially considering my lack of experience.
It's mostly only PC that's different or frustrating. Which is true the majority of the time, hahahahahaha. ;_;

Reactions: Covenant
Regarding the bug fixes on PC.

I'd actually prefer you hold off on any changes for the sake of keeping every version of the game consistent with each other until they can all get an update.

If you do a minimum height elbow drop with bella it counts as a grounded move, starting a combo with it goes straight to stage 3 in the chain after the otg.

On PS4 (using PS3 stick) it thinks the square is circle and circle is square, this wouldn't be a problem with button configuration except accept isn't light punch it's square so I can't tap LP to accept on menus.

On PS4 (using PS3 stick) it thinks the square is circle and circle is square, this wouldn't be a problem with button configuration except accept isn't light punch it's square so I can't tap LP to accept on menus.
That's possibly just your stick, duder. Works without having to worry about it on all the ones we tested...

That's possibly just your stick, duder. Works without having to worry about it on all the ones we tested...
It's a Q1. I'm hoping to upgrade soon anyway, so don't worry about it. Though I do have an actual problem, there is no way to adjust screen size in the PS4 version, so all the edges are cut off and the game appears to be zoomed in, which I fix on the PC version with that very feature.

I'm sorry to be posting problems at launch, but it is what it is. Also wasn't sure where to put this, just did it here because it's where I'm used to posting this sort of thing.

It's a Q1. I'm hoping to upgrade soon anyway, so don't worry about it. Though I do have an actual problem, there is no way to adjust screen size in the PS4 version, so all the edges are cut off and the game appears to be zoomed in, which I fix on the PC version with that very feature.

I'm sorry to be posting problems at launch, but it is what it is. Also wasn't sure where to put this, just did it here because it's where I'm used to posting this sort of thing.
PS4s have a screen size thingy built in, I think? It asked me from the menu once...we got told to remove it as an option, anyway.
Posting them here is fine.

PS4s have a screen size thingy built in, I think? It asked me from the menu once...we got told to remove it as an option, anyway.
Posting them here is fine.
That's rather bizarre then as this screen issue only occurs in Skullgirls for me.

Okay, so digging through the options has led to some interesting finds, there is in fact a display area setting in the "sounds and screen" section. It doesn't effect Skullgirls in any way that I can tell, at the very least raising it and shrinking it to the max have no visible effect on the gameplay screen and on a stranger note the rectangle doesn't even align properly to my TV. But what's really surprising is either this is a problem with the game or the screenshot function is really weird because screenshots are what I see, not what the game should look like.

That's rather bizarre then as this screen issue only occurs in Skullgirls for me.

I had a similar problem with xBox 360. Not only skullgirls, but other games were affected too (not all of them). But I was able to fix this changing some console settings.

Will fully voiced stories be available to PC? I honestly don't want to buy another copy for my PS4 if I could get it on PC...

Rest in Peace Endless Beta. It was a good run ;_; 7