• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

Shameless ass kissing:

I don't doubt listening to us bitch and make crazy suggestions is tiresome as hell, but I really do appreciate the more direct line of communication with the devs. It adds more to the community and to this game than I can actually articulate.

After having played a few games with new mk hornet bomber... I saw basically no difference. Which is both good and bad:

Its good personally because it means my general use of HB is good and has been fundamentally sound.

Its...bad.... Because i had myself thinking... If im using mk bomber this well with no invincibility... Whats the point of mk bomber when compared to hk bomber? Hk does more damage, is duckable just like mk, but is a longer ranged poke than mk... But since my pw cant convert mk outside the corner during neutral anyways... I might as well just use the hk version and get more damage.

Tldr

Hk bomber kinda makes mk bomber obsolete in the current version... At least for pw.

Hk bomber kinda makes mk bomber obsolete in the current version... At least for pw.

Well for one thing HK Bomber knocks your opponent clear across the entire stage when it connects which makes it hard for a lot of characters to get a combo after it hits.

Which is part of the reason I assume a lot of people wanted the old MK bomber back.

If the name isn't New Testament I will figuratively cry.

Fan name a go-go.

Anybody else think Double's level 3 is a little bit too fast now? It looks silly.
I actually like it being faster. Perhaps maybe so both parties can be happy is that you can hold down a button to speed it up or to not and let it go it's normal pace? I know you can do this for Val during her supers.

In no particular order:
- Yeah, Monster isn't supposed to deal undizzy. I'm not sure I can fix it but I'll try. Though with what's already going on it might have to do less damage as a result. :^P
- Yeah, it's not supposed to activate on invincible hitstuns/techs/wakeups but I'm not sure I can get that to work either.
- No, I don't care if it OTGs some characters after Slide.
- Maybe I should limit it to once-per-combo but that kinda sucks. Not sure what to do about placing one during a bite though, disabling it would just give you Flesh Step, which is annoying if nothing else. I could maybe make it disappear.
- I like dropping you from the ceiling a-la EX Slayer. I tried popping them out from the hole, it looked worse since there is no release animation or splash or anything, but we can try it again. Plus if I do that they have to have backward momentum and can't be dropped directly in front of you.

But Mike already stated that he originally didn't want Drill to have any invincibility and is happy with this Beta change -
Which leaves me curious what exactly he wants the move to be for, as it's currently rather .. bad.
It's mostly there for the reference to Shadow Lady, and Shadow Lady's drill was worse. :^)
As for what it's for, L is a safe blockstring ender, H does the most scaled damage of any attack, and M is required because we have 3 kicks.
Any drill with invincibility = reversal to sliding knockdown.
Maybe I should just get rid of the sliding...? That also solves her okizeme...

I don't doubt listening to us bitch and make crazy suggestions is tiresome as hell
QFT, the post after yours is from Dime_x. <3

The most you really get for 2 bar with current routes that ive seen is 8.1 k with monster and car. Guitalex's double combo posted does 8k 2 meter, and that bb and double combo costs 5 bars, is using dhcs and mostly strong normals/commands, and has bb damage so it makes sense. Is about 8k for 2 bar too much for double? Also the undizzy thing if it cant be removed is fine, bc the damage is nice for double anyways. Also I just find it weird she drops the opponent out of jab range, and even dash jab on some characters so it limits routes that can be done. Was this intentional?
Edit was wrong about the damage, sorry bout that. Was using 2 monsters rather than monster and car

Last edited:
I was getting something like 7.8k with 1 bar with Double off a c.LK. I'm thinking I can probably break 8.4k with 2, I'll see what I can come up with. (assuming nothing is changed by the time I get around to it)

@cloudKing211 from c.LK in the corner, I've gotten up to 8.7k with 2 bars (and 7.7k with one).

[E] I feel like we should just make a Beta Combo thread in the Double forums so we aren't mucking up discussion with combo vids.

[EE] I guess it's worth mentioning that with the best assist call possible in that 2 bar combo, I can squeeze the total up to 9.7k.

[EEE] Thanks for testing it, RemiKz! I'll keep that in mind. Also, Beta Double thread here.

Last edited:
^ That combo also works midscreen

I only got like, 10 more dmg than that with a different setup.

oh snap, no otg either. setupsss?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fosh
- I like dropping you from the ceiling a-la EX Slayer. I tried popping them out from the hole, it looked worse since there is no release animation or splash or anything, but we can try it again. Plus if I do that they have to have backward momentum and can't be dropped directly in front of you.

It's actually kind of nice as it is because you can use whatever you want to catch them. Beta H-Luger is pretty easy, any ground chain, raw sHK, or any air chain.

I'm not sure how long it'd be if it goes in, but the time you have to position between the bite and the drop is pretty lenient and allows for a lot of prep/startup on anything you wanna do.

Reactions: RAT__BABY and Fosh
I'm actually also fine with them falling since she drags you into who-knows-where, its not weird that you fall from who-knows-where.

If the damage on it is too much (I don't think its out of line atm but might be later if the 20 tension bug is removed), maybe make it so the chomp itself doesn't deal damage but deal like 3 hits of damage off screen before dropping them to add some scaling? Looking over the damage, having the super at the beginning of the combo yields less damage than if I were to use the meter for car super at the end. Honestly think the damage is fine.

Also maybe up the volume on the chomp noise. Seems to lack a bit of oomph with how menacing it looks.

Last edited:
I'm actually also fine with them falling since she drags you into who-knows-where, its not weird that you fall from who-knows-where.

If the damage on it is too much (I don't think its out of line atm but might be later if the 20 tension bug is removed), maybe make it so the chomp itself doesn't deal damage but deal like 3 hits of damage off screen before dropping them to add some scaling?

Daisy Pusher's probably the best precedent/comparison in both respects.

Okay so I love this super, so much.
I wonder if it's possible to add Peacock's old train super (If someone's willing to clean it up.)

I would be screaming so hard.

Reactions: No longer exist
As much as I loved the concept for peacock's unused train super, I can't really think of a legit use for it. I would imagine it would function kind of like Parasoul's egret bike super but she kind of already has a super that goes across the screen.

Nah, leave them dropping from the sky please.

If it does too much damage, why not add a few more hits after they are taken off screen to distribute the current damage so it scales and scales follow up damage?

I don't see anybody doing Fridge -> New Testament (or, "NT"). Is that not worth it?

I don't see anybody doing Fridge -> New Testament (or, "NT"). Is that not worth it?
I am, but probably not.

It can be worth it. Doing the new Cr lk st mp string, if its blocked mp luger, if hits, launch xx hp luger, dash launch fridge xx monster dash cr hp xx flesh step mk hornet bomber (monster hits) into other stuff, haven't optimized yet. To be honest, I think you get more damage from doing another hp gun after the 2nd launch into a slide xx monster. Does more damage early in the combo, but only works on medium weight or lower.
Edit, by doing it early. you get a tiny bit over 1k from monster, which is more than tacking car onto the end of a combo

@cloudKing211 from c.LK in the corner, I've gotten up to 8.7k with 2 bars (and 7.7k with one).

[E] I feel like we should just make a Beta Combo thread in the Double forums so we aren't mucking up discussion with combo vids.

[EE] I guess it's worth mentioning that with the best assist call possible in that 2 bar combo, I can squeeze the total up to 9.7k.

[EEE] Thanks for testing it, RemiKz! I'll keep that in mind. Also, Beta Double thread here.

Welp. Hope this stays :). Also why do this when you can do terrible Monster! loops such as ground chain - slide - monster - monster/backdash - fugazi (activates monster)/another monster - s.mp (activates monster)/monster - s.hk (activates monster) - hp luger - yadayada car. 5 bars for I believe about 9.5k. Best waste of meter
Also shoutouts to double needing notation for Monster! in combos

I meant comboing fridge into the super. Maybe it only works in the corner, but fridge goes into it.