• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

I meant comboing fridge into the super. Maybe it only works in the corner, but fridge goes into it.
Its possible to do fridge into monster, then raw tag the opponent into the monster. This probably requires certain characters tags to work. Also dhcing the opponent into monster makes it alot easier.

I meant comboing fridge into the super. Maybe it only works in the corner, but fridge goes into it.
blahblah xx Fridge xx Monster Puddle, Fleshstep, 5MP > 5HP
Knocks them into Monster Puddle, continue with combo. Works midscreen.

Reactions: cloudKing211
blahblah xx Fridge xx Monster Puddle, Fleshstep, 5MP > 5HP
Knocks them into Monster Puddle, continue with combo. Works midscreen.

yeah. trying really hard to find a way to get this without using OTG.

Fridge > Monster > dash cMP (crossunder, hits backwards) sHK works on para for sure but it may be easier to dash or fleshstep something on lighter characters.

yeah. trying really hard to find a way to get this without using OTG.

Fridge > Monster > dash cMP (crossunder, hits backwards) sHK works on para for sure but it may be easier to dash or fleshstep something on lighter characters.
Don't, just do c.HP into flesh step. Works against the whole cast.

Last edited:
I just can't wait to hear the official name. Now that we know that our suggested names don't/may not mean diddly, I'm thinking more and more about what it could be. Tension is building.

Reactions: Covenant
I just can't wait to hear the official name. Now that we know that our suggested names don't/may not mean diddly, I'm thinking more and more about what it could be. Tension is building.
It's probably going to be "Calliope's Tears" or something else artistic, beautiful and extremely anticlimactic.

True, but speculation and discussion is half the fun of a beta imo.

bimmy.jpg

Dead serious.
Did they seriously misspell Billy as Bimmy? Dying.

I thought you guys wanted fukua nerfs

Reactions: SmashBlade
Man this nerfed Drill making me learn real Fukua neutral....I used to just drill at people then super then DHC into Big Band's level 3.

(I like the drill nerf)

Reactions: Uzu
Waiting for a solo-Double beta combo vid titled "The New Testament according to The New Testament".

I like recursion.

oh yeah drill nerf. honestly i never used drill that much because i was too scared of being grabbed out of so i guess this doesn't hurt me too much. i mean i do use drill assist but fukua has a lot of good assists so i guess it's just time that i learn to use one of those instead. overall i approve of drill changes

oh yeah drill nerf. honestly i never used drill that much because i was too scared of being grabbed out of so i guess this doesn't hurt me too much. i mean i do use drill assist but fukua has a lot of good assists so i guess it's just time that i learn to use one of those instead. overall i approve of drill changes

Seriously? Kinda don't believe you could have played her for this long and not know how good of a move drill is. Not even as just a reversal, just in general.

I like the fact that the monster pulls the opponent down, and then they drop from the ceiling. It really adds too the Lovecraftian aspect of Double. As a cosmic horror, none of the things Double does should make sense logically: First, there was that one guy being confused about the way the car goes, now there's this Underbite business. I like it. It's like non-Euclidean geometry in game-form.

my mans de-kill-sage no need to worries
fukuas drill nerfs are in no hurries
N-E-C has pre-patch drill-ation-ship
l-m-a-o nigga hold this drill #rip

dying

Reactions: gllt
With drill invinci the solution was to always drill into fireball that was safe-ish. Yes you could grab fukua and that was best and easy solution.

I dunno.
it would be interesting for fukua's 7F cmd to have a little bit of invincibility like......at the 3rd-4th frame? but that sounds stupid too.

if anything just change the Invinci drill to M drill, make M drill -8 instead of -6 and H drill the same or -10. and take out hard knockdown.

Nonetheless Super fireball is pretty great for the hard/sliding knockdown, but if i had to choose a move that only has uses for combos and keep sliding knockdown or have a move that acts as half a defensive tool and not have sliding knockdown.

then the latter would be probably be what most fukua players want if not all. I give up.

I read "rip" as "rest in peace" so it didn't rhyme for me. Needless to say I am very disappoint.

I'm going to be objective and honest here, because my Fukua is what you would call "not great". Drill is a crutch with the character. Fukua has so many things going for her that she doesn't need an invincible reversal on top of that to just throw out whenever she wants and convert into a sliding knockdown. It's one of the only reversals left in this game that you can just kind of throw out whenever you want for not much downside (you can spend meter to not be punsihed most of the time), and the game has been trying to minimize that a lot lately and make you actually commit to your reversals. In its current invincible state drill is pretty non-committal. I mean if you have bar on block you just do fireball super and unless you're point blank its fairly hard to punish.

That being said, now that invincibility is gone, would it be fair to let Drill combo into BFF again? I don't know why she would need this, since the reason it was used in the first place was "ay yo I mashed drill eat this full combo", and you didn't really combo drill into bff outside of that, but now that invincibility is gone I think it should come back.

So maybe drill is less of a mashy reversal but if you use it as a poke/in neutral whatever you get a combo off it?

Reactions: ClarenceMage
Some fun stuff about the crutch
H rill has hurtboxes. meaning it will trade more often than not. so it can't be a a poke or a notable one.

if people were more attentive to pushblocking drill early and some one used Fireball super they would be punished. alas i just wanted to make fair corrections to the supposed "crutch".

the problem wasn't even the safe Super. it was more about how if you got hit with H drill into fireball super you would be put in sliding knockdown that made it a guessing game with assist or even fukua alone.

- I like dropping you from the ceiling a-la EX Slayer.
What about instead having some sound (growling or something, Double has a lot of those sounds) to help know when they're falling? I don't mind that the character falls, I'm just having a hard time pinpointing when they'll fall.

2/10 haiku, not even the correct amount of lines or syllables

No need to worry
Prepatch tourney, nigga, hold
this Drillationship.

I'm bad at haikus
This is six syllables
I'm really bad at haikus
It's not very hard.