• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

I will now have CH Pummel Horse combos.

not sure you will get much interesting stuff out of this.

I don't remember getting caught by a CH pummel horse. s.mp, tho...

LP.Bang will still be shit

The move this matters for is Reflect..

Ehhhhh I dunno. Reflect before this change guaranteed a full combo anyways and from fullscreen vs people usually don't tend to get counter hit. I guess vs Parasoul or Fukua I'd get a better super scaled punish lol

Ayyy stagger -> j.hk work?

RIP my Pummel Horse stagger funny business.

I like the effect used to color Fukua when she's using clones.

It looks neat.

Damn, Bella. Always have to pose and shit after you do something. Sometimes I'm just like "damn, fuck the landing, just hit 'em again"

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
If you didn't want your character to pose, you should've chosen a different game

Damn, Bella. Always have to pose and shit after you do something. Sometimes I'm just like "damn, fuck the landing, just hit 'em again"
She's an aspiring performer. Striking a good pose always is the first priority.

I hope she and Beowulf have a pose-off as a special fight intro.

If you didn't want your character to pose, you should've chosen a different game
if you want poses, play fukua, girl got sassy poses FOR DAYS

Reactions: Cadenza
Ha.
This just demonstrates the upback change in a way everyone can relate to.

Did you see that weird thing Double did to Peacock's projectiles while landing and holding upback? It's called BLOCKING and it's kind of nice.

Biggest Peacock nerf in all of this.

Seriously, getting hit upbacking vs an SOID cause me to nerdrage like I can't explain.

So Peacock gets sliding knockdown oki with soid, l george, and lnlh at the end of every combo.

Can someone check if you can tech the throw if you shake out of the non CH version.

So Peacock gets sliding knockdown oki with soid, l george, and lnlh at the end of every combo.

Can someone check if you can tech the throw if you shake out of the non CH version.

Not every combo, only off counterhits.
No one even answered my earlier question rip. You also don't need to shake out to tech grabs out of stagger.

- Can't shake stagger on counterhit.
- Can't tech throws out of stagger.
Not every combo, only off counterhits.
No one even answered my earlier question rip. You also don't need to shake out to tech grabs out of stagger.
It doesn't really specify if you can't tech throws out of stagger or counter hit stagger though.
They're like separate there.

I'd check myself but I've uninstalled.

Reactions: dekillsage

Not really, with fastest possible shake-out it is impossible for Peacock to throw you during the LP Bang stagger.

Of course if you catch them not shaking out of the stagger, then sure.

This coming from the guy who does IRL Jojos poses
I'm going to start doing Jojo poses in my chair while waiting for Pummel Horse and Dynamo and LVL 3 to finish the next time we play, you know that right?

Not really liking what this change does for Silver Cord, it doesn't beat up+back anymore. It wasn't really an amazing tool to begin with outside of bella/bb matchups.

If you shake out you're throw invuln for a sec after that you can tech a throw. You can't tech during stagger CH or not.

I kinda like this change it makes headroll a tiny bit more cool.

Not really liking what this change does for Silver Cord, it doesn't beat up+back anymore. It wasn't really an amazing tool to begin with outside of bella/bb matchups.

It is still damn safe on block and beats out a ton of other stuff when used at the end of a block string, no?

Not really, with fastest possible shake-out it is impossible for Peacock to throw you during the LP Bang stagger.

Of course if you catch them not shaking out of the stagger, then sure.
Is it? I haven't tried it in a while (since there was no reason to, since they can just tech the grab) but the last time I tried it, it was possible to combo grab from L bang even with the dummy set to shake out of staggers. It was just hard.
So I no longer will get hit by f.HP xx Silver Chord that the Squigly player failed to hit confirm? I'm okay with this.

But wait, this probably also means Cymbals doesn't hit upback?

Ohhhhhh nooooooo Mike made the change I asked for, I never could have predicted this would happen D:

I saw "Characters do not go into preblock vs air attacks, only close ground attacks" and got excited ;). Combos off of sniper with the new changes is sexy. A-train being faster makes me think lewd things. guaranteed throw off silver chord......should I care about this?

It is still damn safe on block and beats out a ton of other stuff when used at the end of a block string, no?

Its -8 on block at point blank and MUCH worse at longer ranges. Its pretty unsafe. I mean you can frame trap people with it but its pretty risky. If they block it or worse pushblock you're in for a world of hurt.

Edit - Whoops nevermind its -13 at point blank and still worse than that from further away.

Last edited:
From the sounds of it, the changes to upback should make it way easier to chicken block. It sounds like you can now hold upback to chicken block jumping attacks from the point character (this only worked for projectiles and assists before, so you had to neutral or forward jump to block jump ins), and if you slightly mistime it and get hit during the jump startup you block it on the ground instead of getting hit.

Hopefully this means people start taking advantage of chicken blocking more. It's pretty strong!
I know this is a very common tactic in pretty much any fighting game that has airblocking, but I made a quick video showing how chicken blocking works in the beta just in case some people aren't familiar with it. In the current retail version you have to neutral jump or forward jump then immediately airblock if you want to chicken block the enemy point character's jump in, because trying to jump back would put you in preblock:

Edit - Whoops nevermind its -13 at point blank and still worse than that from further away.

I think Spencer is looking at it from PW's perspective, where it's pretty difficult to get a good punish form ground block due to her slower normals and her other lights not hitting at that point blank range. Where as for Parasoul it's a free punish from...almost anywhere that you can actually block it.

It is still damn safe on block
what

Also, I haven't had time to try this but Tremelo should catch up-back now, right?

Reactions: gllt
I think Spencer is looking at it from PW's perspective, where it's pretty difficult to get a good punish form ground block due to her slower normals and her other lights not hitting at that point blank range. Where as for Parasoul it's a free punish from...almost anywhere that you can actually block it.

Maybe this is why. I just have a hard time punishing it from anywhere except point blank or whiff. If there's even a character's length between us, it is hard to do shit about it.

I knew it wasn't positive, but I always thought it was pretty safe.

what

Also, I haven't had time to try this but Tremelo should catch up-back now, right?

It does but its a little bit worse than Silver Cord for that purpose since Tremolo isn't as good as Silver Cord at catching people who are up+forward during their first few airborne frames. Plus charged-up Silver cord is faster than charged Tremolo.

Its not likely to be a big deal for Squigly's gameplan on the whole but Silver Cord was already pretty situational and risky to use outside of combos. I just personally feel like its a really cool move that I'd like to use more but I don't think it would be a good Idea to do so.

I'm liking the shadow changes, as well as the changes to Sniper.
Right now I think everything looks good but that's just me.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, can Level 5 have a different input other than 3D+KK? I don't really have any suggestions but I really find that input uncomfortable. I know that sounds weird but yeah.

Last edited:
:HCB::KK: would be nice.
We have 360, why not a half circle?

Mike doesn't want half circles in skullgirls, which is a huge thumbs up from me cuz they're the worst.
I like the 3d input. It's like, impossible to mess up.

Reactions: b0nk
Half circles already exist so that you can do run-up qcf without it being a DP

Reactions: FenrirHades
oh my god, Colossi. I am disgusted that you would even suggest such a thing. Ew the half circle is like the one thing that should never be in a fighting game. it's dumb and hard to pull off, and when you do the motion there is the possibility of the game just saying "Nah you didn't mean half circle back you meant 360 or QCB, right?" I still shutter back at KoF and SpiderMan from MvC. but hey that's just me talking. there are others out there that can do the half circles.

Also thanks Mike Z you didn't need to mention me when you updated the Scope Super but you did anyways. Thanks for being a cool guy. Now people can do stupid stuff like, throw people high up into the air and send them back down via crumple.

Last edited:
Half circles already exist so that you can do run-up qcf without it being a DP
That's not really the same thing(cuz its optional) but yes, its a very nice to have the option to choose between dp and qcf after dash is super nice!

Something I hope every sg player knows at this point since it helps a lot.

360 is way more complicated than half circles. I don't know what's the problem. I can do half circles with pad without a worry. Don't know about sticks.
Anyway, she could also have :QCB::HP::HK: like Val.

Not gonna bother arguing this with you, agree to disagree.
afk

Reactions: b0nk