• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls PC Beta Updates Discussion

OK, I tried this, and it has all kinds of attached problems which would require bigger changes, so I will not be doing it at this point. Sorry.
Summary:
1 - If I make negative-edge load, then negative-edge should probably also save. This isn't too big a deal. But it does involve tracking more about the button since if you hold it down to erase it, I need to ensure that releasing it after the state erased itself will not save a new state.
2 - If I make negative-edge load, then I also HAVE to make negative-edge play back dummy recordings, because otherwise when set to Both you won't get the load and the recording at the same time. And this is definitely not easy in the current codebase.
3 - And finally, making all these things negative-edge makes them feel less responsive, which is not as big an issue as #2 there but is still an issue.

Understandable, thanks for trying.

Is it possible to press select + lk + hk without getting either of those moves? I can't get it to work... but then again I suck at same frame inputs.

@ sniper shot stuff
"Sac assist" is a very common tactic in games with assists, you do it often in MvC2 vs raw HSF or Headcrush or Shockwave (except you can get unblockable'd) or Tempest or whatever else, so you can get a punish where you'd normally have to block. Call the assist and do something invincible, that way you only have to be invincible up until the assist gets hit and the hit then ends, rather than having to be invincible for the entire active time of whatever attack it is.

Is it possible to press select + lk + hk without getting either of those moves? I can't get it to work... but then again I suck at same frame inputs.
It's not possible to press LK+HK without getting an attack, which basically results from me trying to choose an input that doesn't overlap with an assist call, but you also don't have to press them all together. You can hold LK+HK and press Select whenever. You can also (if you really want to) do like LK+MP+HK which won't attack but will totally call an assist.
tl;dr I made a choice for a reason which has one slightly annoying consequence, and it's too late to fix it to be different. Sorry... :^|

Reactions: ShakyFingers

You should try neutral jumping and then holding lk + hk just before you hit the ground

i know final retails done already but for a next update if possible, could we pleaseeee get a "recovery" bar for OUR character? sometimes trying to see if more complicated stuff works from jumps & non-ground-link stuff is tough (seeing when we're exactly free again, etc). the top of the screen is great for looking at stuff as a whole, but that little bar thingy under the character would be great for the real time stuff.

Patch notes.
General
- Fixed Painwheel's character select sprite colors, thanks acfan.
- Lobby joining errors that are not a version mismatch no longer show the "version mismatch" text, thanks CaioLugon.
- Bugfix: Undizzy no longer counts down (or resets to 0 from negative) on the frame you get hit. It worked properly during hitpause and hitstun, but on the exact frame you were hit it would still get updated. This fixes Valentine's green vial not properly subtracting undizzy when used as the first hit of a combo. Two years later, thanks worldjem for being persistent.
- The right side tutorial objectives text now is drawn in front of the characters. Now you can like, read it, and stuff!
- Grab supers now give proper amounts of meter to the opponent relative to damage or hits, including but not strictly limited to: Ultimate Showstopper, Beast of Gehenna, Nekhbet Breaker, Buer Thresher, Goodfellows, Daisy Pusher, and Dead On Arrival. Thanks Izzmo for pointing out that I'd forgotten to put ANY opponent metergain in most of these for the entire project. :^|

Fukua
- Bugfix: s.LP 5f startup -> 6f. Yes, it's a bug. It was supposed to be Double's, not Filia's. Erring on the side of not letting her punish more things, given her existing impressive array of tools.

Last edited:
Reactions: BallotBoxer
Huh, all this time I thought the no meter gain during grab supers was intentional. Poor Goodfellas, giving the opponent no meter while killing off a character was the only real use for it outside of taunting. =p But in all seriousness who uses that level 3, Lenny into Goodfellas is where it's at. Also never knew Fukua's jab was 5 frames, you think I'd have noticed considering how much I play Sage's and SF's Fukuas.

can we change Parasoul's taunt to something maybe a lot harder?. I've gotten it by accident when going in for pressure a bunch of times now and it's getting kinda annoying for me.

lol check this out
Kanchou without hitting MK?

Seems legit.

Edit: if you hold LK, MP or both, do you perform the whole thing?

I wonder if, when you get that thing where the audio repeats during a GGPO rollback the RNG Seed is desynced when a GGPO rollback causes a voice clip to be repeated (since all the voice clips are randomized).

That's just a random guess on my part since I hardly know anything about programming.

I wonder if, when you get that thing where the audio repeats during a GGPO rollback the RNG Seed is desynced when a GGPO rollback causes a voice clip to be repeated (since all the voice clips are randomized).

That's just a random guess on my part since I hardly know anything about programming.
Sound randomness and gameplay randomness are unrelated, they're separate RNGs.
Please everyone stop guessing, especially if you don't know anything about the subject at hand. Thanks.

Reactions: Pickles
@Mike_Z Reporting this second hand, but apparently two people have managed to do it and don't post here for some reason I can't figure out. Apparently during Fortune's tutorial you can cancel her head start-up into a super and it results in an infinite combo that you can't escape.

Okay, so what happened is he cancelled Feline Allergies into Cat Scratch Fever and Cat Scratch Fever never ends.

Last edited:
@Mike_Z Reporting this second hand, but apparently two people have managed to do it and don't post here for some reason I can't figure out. Apparently during Fortune's tutorial you can cancel her head start-up into a super and it results in an infinite combo that you can't escape.

Okay, so what happened is he cancelled Feline Allergies into Cat Scratch Fever and Cat Scratch Fever never ends.
Oh, you mean Cat Strike, and wow, yeah that really happens! Pretty neat.

[edit] Fixed.

Last edited:
Oh, you mean Cat Strike
Sorry, I clearly don't play Fortune. It's a shame you can't really break out of it the combo titles are pretty amusing, especially "You can stop now".

Not exactly sure if Mike will still take bugs I guess, but me and drewski found a lobby bug with voice packs. When we spectated the same match one player selected a voice pack but to us we had different voices where 1 person had the voice pack and one did not. It wasn't the case of someone not selecting the "turn off voice packs" option either, cause in the next match we had the same voices and in the following match the error came back but it switched sides (so where I didn't hear the voice pack at first and he did, now I heard the voice pack and he didn't).

Not exactly sure if Mike will still take bugs I guess, but me and drewski found a lobby bug with voice packs. When we spectated the same match one player selected a voice pack but to us we had different voices where 1 person had the voice pack and one did not. It wasn't the case of someone not selecting the "turn off voice packs" option either, cause in the next match we had the same voices and in the following match the error came back but it switched sides (so where I didn't hear the voice pack at first and he did, now I heard the voice pack and he didn't).
That's interesting, I wonder why that would happen.
OH WAIT I BET I KNOW!
So, spectators get their information from one of the players. I bet if A turns off opponent alt voices, and B chooses an alt voice, and then the spectator gets their information from A, they don't hear B's alt voice because A wouldn't hear it. But if they get their information from B, they would hear it.
Augh. I'm probably not fixing that.

Reactions: gllt and Midiman
but seriously having this happen is the worst

Oh, it's because you button dash with MP HP I guess.
That makes sense after J214LK x JLP.

but seriously having this happen is the worst
I sympathize. However, the game is complete and we can't get any new text, so the only help I can be is: I suggest learning to play in a way that doesn't do that.

Reactions: Zidiane
I... had a question.

The game is done. There is a beta thread for bug submissions.

Nothing we say in this thread can our will affect the game.

Can this be closed then?

I... have a question.

Does it hurt if this stays open?

It could still theoretically be used to talk about the current Beta changes and how they affect the game? Since the game IS a bit different from Retail.

In general I just don't see what closing this adds to anywhere? Can always wait with that until the Beta is actually gone?

Reactions: SmashBlade
I just reread the last 5 pages.

Nothing of value.

I mean, the question I asked was technically for the people who have the ability to close the thread, no one else.

I don't see a reason to close it, if you don't wanna post here and don't see anything of value just unsubscribe. The beta is different from retail so this thread might still have a purpose.

Following that argument, the mods should close your account x)
And yours too lol

But we're not here to argue obvious things.

Oh wait, that's what has been happening. Never mind, carry on.

This thread exists to discuss the changes in the beta updates.
Contrary to popular belief this thread is not only for trying to 'affect the game.'

There are changes in the beta updates right now, we can keep discussing them until they move to retail.

I really like this thread because it is the mega thread for discussing the current state of Skullgirls gameplay through beta changes.
I hope something similar is opened after these changes hit retail!

But when the changes hit retail... Wouldn't you just start using the gameplay discussion?

When the time comes, yeah.
But that's not what Skar just said...

Unless it's sarcasm and I didn't get it which is very possible.

Am I right to assume this?

Let me Explain:
Earlier on today I tried showing this trick to one of my online friend to prove that this exist.
When I enter the online training room later on today or yesterday if you want to get technical to show the trick first hand. As soon as I tried the SnapOut to prove my claim it didn't register as a wall bounce when he clearly reached the wall of the stage from the impact of the SnapOut but, rather as a heavy sweep that pushes the player back like a snap out.
The wall bounce for SnapOuts have been taken out in the beta lobbies.

Now I personally believe that it was taken out because it gave the player (if they where able to catch it in time.) Another free OTG chance if they already used up there one chance before in combo. (That's my guess anyway.)

I can see the benefits of the SnapOut on a solo acting like heavy sweep.
That could really great if used at the right times, especially for Peacock players because it pushes them all the way back without the risk of them bouncing off the wall and even more closer to you and it gives you all the space and time you need to set up a good wall. Plus it gives more of a reason of using a SnapOut against a solo player in a way.

Those are my thought on the matter anyway.

Last edited:
It was taken out because solo isn't allowed to snap back an opponent and heal from them and then continue the combo in a 1v1.

You can still do that thing in the video as a Solo or Team vs a Team on their last character.

It was taken out because solo isn't allowed to snap back an opponent and heal from them and then continue the combo in a 1v1.

You can still do that thing in the video as a Solo or Team vs a Team on their last character.

Come to think of it, it was a 2 versus 1 when I tried the trick so that might be the reason it acted the way it did. Well, I guess that explains that.
I guess my original idea of using a SnapBack in that way could still work like if I can find a way of using it without dropping it and still making it worth while. Then again SnapBack OTG's might work differently then planned or not at all. What I'm trying to sat is that it could be some fun to look into.

Anywho, Thank ya again @Skarmand
I guess I'll be on my way since that was the only thing I had to ask
(For now (| ‿◠)

I just reread the last 5 pages.

Nothing of value.
I don't know what pages you're reading, on this page and the page prior alone are things being reported that Mike took care of.