• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullgirls Social Thread

what can we do to make it better?

Much like your posting
You meant like your skullgirls play.

It's okay though I got you.

You meant like your skullgirls play.

It's okay though I got you.
Money match me

I want to make a more concise version of this video with text and cool music and stuff, but I kinda don't think the name "jab-throw plink" is catchy enough. What do you guys think of just "plink throw" or "plink grab"? Kara-grab and chain-grab don't work for obvious reason.

Money match me
Can I pay in Stuff Dollars?

I honestly can't tell if you're fucking around as much as I am.

Reactions: Skullgirlsfanboy
Can I pay in Stuff Dollars?

I honestly can't tell if you're fucking around as much as I am.
That's just my default response to anyone saying I'm bad at Skullgirls

I want to make a more concise version of this video with text and cool music and stuff, but I kinda don't think the name "jab-throw plink" is catchy enough. What do you guys think of just "plink throw" or "plink grab"? Kara-grab and chain-grab don't work for obvious reason.

I think plink throw is good enough, but isn't it actually a Kara when you cancel into the throw? What about "Tick-Kara" or "Kara-Tick"?

I think plink throw is good enough, but isn't it actually a Kara when you cancel into the throw? What about "Tick-Kara" or "Kara-Tick"?
It is a kara throw, but I feel like the term kara can never not be associated with moving your character forwards/backwards, especially when it's in the context of grabs. I want it to be as non-confusing as possible.

*sitting in the school cafeteria with friends during lunch*

"Hey did you hear that Eric got suspended?"
"Yeah, he got caught with cigs in the bathroom"
"Haha, what a dumbass."

"Are you doing homework?"
"Yeah I forgot to do it so I'm trying to finish it before class"

"LMAO THIS CAFETERIA SUCKS WHY ARE WE STILL HERE"

It's kinda the point
You see I was trying to make a joke but I forgot the most important thing to jokes and that's to actually be funny.

-Skullheart Gaggle of conversations that may or may not pertain to the original statement of a given "thread"
Fixed

Reactions: drewski
So is there actually anything to do/to talk about here orrrrrrrr...

So is there actually anything to do/to talk about here orrrrrrrr...
I mean, I asked a question a couple posts back. You can answer that if you want.

You just kinda do whatever you want.

Nice try. Last time I did that the police got called.

How about this: Bella's kind of really really good like why do most people only have her at mid-tier when she does a lot of work for a lot of people's teams almost all the time?

How about this: Bella's kind of really really good like why do most people only have her at mid-tier when she does a lot of work for a lot of people's teams almost all the time?
Nah she's awful. Making her j.HK work like Fukua's might make her an actual useful character though

Nah she's awful. Making her j.HK work like Fukua's might make her an actual useful character though
dude if we made all the characters jhk like Fukua's then the whole cast would be good. come on. Bella is a great character, people need to just learn what moves you should do and at what times.

dude if we made all the characters jhk like Fukua's then the whole cast would be good. come on. Bella is a great character, people need to just learn what moves you should do and at what times.
If she's so good how come there wasn't a single Cerebella in top 8 at evo?

I think a lot of people just don't know how to break bella's armor yet (sweeps can be cool)

If Bella is so good, why did she die?

Fun fact, Eliza's sweep can't really break armored moves other than Fukua's command grab. It gets beat by all armor punches.

Fun fact, Eliza's sweep can't really break armored moves other than Fukua's command grab. It gets beat by all armor punches.
EULSif0.png

hsfmurm.png
lmao

Imgur is blocked at my work. I'm just gonna assume those a pictures of wasps

Reactions: drewski
I think a lot of people just don't know how to break bella's armor yet (sweeps can be cool)
I just keep screaming and shooting until I break it.

It's that easy!:PUN:

Long live the Social thread!

Eliza getting hit before sweep connects is not the same as it not beating armor...

Fine, her sweep beats armor but loses to all armored attacks.

Most sweeps (including Eliza's) in general can beat armour, but you have to be preemptive and/or fast since the startup of sweeps aren't usually fast enough to hit those moves. I've caught tons of Rush Punches/LnLs by being prememptive. Fukua's L Shadow is an exception though, cause I have yet to see any BB armoured rush punch done fast enough to beat that. rip :(

Tangentially related, but I hope everyone caught that awesome moment at GUTS3 where Sonicfox caught Sage's alpha counter LnL when he canceled into sweep. I thought it was pretty nuts, even if he couldn't capitalize off of it.

Tangentially related, but I hope everyone caught that awesome moment at GUTS3 where Sonicfox caught Sage's alpha counter LnL when he canceled into sweep. I thought it was pretty nuts, even if he couldn't capitalize off of it.
Would have been more impressive if he had cancelled into sweep as a reaction to the alpha counter. He's already in the sweep animation during the freeze from the alpha counter, though.
This thread's getting intelligent! What do we do!?
If you post more, the problem should take care of itself.

Reactions: Wildpony
If you post more, the problem should take care of itself.
The Boat that is the SS SGFB has taken so many shots over it's small time out of harbor, yet is somehow resilient and refuses to sink. It does not look spiffy trudging along the shoreline, but still it remains. Is it even unsinkable? Nobody know.

Reactions: Skullgirlsfanboy
The Boat that is the SS SGFB has taken so many shots over it's small time out of harbor, yet is somehow resilient and refuses to sink. It does not look spiffy trudging along the shoreline, but still it remains. Is it even unsinkable? Nobody know.
I'm... UNSTOPPABLE!
-Juggernaut

It just occurred to me... I know that to get into Evo, you need to grab their attention at tourneys or something of the like, but what're the requirements for Skullgirls?