• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report Skullgirls to feature at Anime Expo 2015 + Exciting Reveal!

Can't wait to play a new game by Lab Zero

Made a quick update to the OP about the reveal.

I wouldn't mind a game like this. Will look forward to the IGG whenever that is. Hopefully there is a handheld platform preferably Vita.

CI9mvMrUcAQ0YdE.jpg

It's about time :)

https://twitter.com/blackbookalpha/status/616824642586578944

Invisible looks amazing! Reveal way surpassed expectations.

Not gonna lie. When I first read the title, I was humming Indestructible in my head.
I thought of the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt opening song.

♫ Indivisible!
They alive, dammit!
It's a miracle
Indivisible!
They alive, dammit!
Females are strong as hell ♪

*Raises from the depths of hades*

I HAVE RETURNED... and does anyone still remember me. lol

Its been ages since I've been here, but once I saw this Indivisible trailer I knew i had to return.

Right now, I really hope their kickstarter does not have a 10k tier... I don't think I can do that again :(

Casually comes out of inactivity to say holy shit I'm super pumped for this game. It looks soooo good already.

Now I need to get some money in my account so that way I can donate if and when the IGG comes out.

Did you guys seriously not scan that QR code frame at 0:42?

RAFdXzu.jpg

... not sure how hard Lab Zero is trolling DBB right now

Did you guys seriously not scan that QR code frame at 0:42?

RAFdXzu.jpg
I have to ask...why is it rated M for Mature?

I have to ask...why is it rated M for Mature?

Because of all the crude humor and gore and fanservice

So...I decided to scan that QR code on the box to see if it actually led to something....

Just replace Austine with DDB and its gold

I'll be really surprised if it's not a metroidvania. I've got a good feeling about this one.
I FREAKING CALLED IT!

Reactions: Cas Chronon
ehhh.....if metroidvania wasnt the most bloated indie game genre id be more intrested
......i probobly wont be hypeing this like i did with the skullgirls indie gogo
and i just remembered bloodstained exists.....ya i really cant be excited
to quote futurama "I have no strong feelings one way or the other"

Reactions: Mr.NiceGuy
I was actually hoping it wasn't new SG content
I wanted to see what LZ could do in other genres
I am very excited to see this new mysterious hero overcome whatever her ordeal is
Also they get to work with an actual money flow this time

We've seen what these beautiful people can do with shavings from the peanut gallery
Imagine what they can do with their full and funded power

It's like that hype moment where a DBZ character takes off their weighted training clothes or Ash turns his cap backwards
It's about to get super real and I can't wait to see what lies in store

I've gotta go to sleep now or I won't be able to sleep at all. This was a great night, I can't wait to follow Lab Zero's progress in the coming years.

"Stop it L0, Iga already ravaged my wallet and you're expecting me to donate to an Indiegogo?"
-someone who actually donated to bloodstained

Reactions: Grunt and North888
Hopefully Lab 0 has the same luck as their SG IGG and avoid having to compete with any hyped up projects.

Never been into the genre, but I'll definitely be giving it a go.

Okay so i am down for this, and will put down money for the indiegogo, buttttttttttttttttttttt didn't @Mike_Z said he didnt want to do another indiegogo, and felt like they already asked from the fans as it is?
A good question! I certainly did say that, for Skullgirls.
For Skullgirls, given that the backers would have to pay 100% of the development costs AND there's NO WAY we could work for what we worked for last time, we feel we wouldn't have done the game justice as a result. We already asked for your money for SG once, doing that same thing again still doesn't "feel right", even after deciding to do one for another game.

Does that mean I never want to do another crowdfunding drive? Hell no! Working for the FANS for two years was a much more rewarding experience than my time working at large companies, not to mention not having to keep things secret, getting to do the public Beta, or having the freedom to make our own decisions about what to do with the game.
If the crowdfunding for Indivisible succeeds, I'm pretty sure I'd feel the same way about re-asking the fans for yet-more-money for that game two years later, too.

Hopefully that makes some sense.

ehhh.....if metroidvania wasnt the most bloated indie game genre id be more intrested
and i just remembered bloodstained exists.....ya i really cant be excited
It's easier to say "Metroidvania" than give a long description of mechanics, innit. Both SF4 and SG are "fighting games", but that doesn't make them very similar. I assure you, you ain't seen nothin' like this - Bloodstained is a Castlevania, SG was heavily modeled on MvC2/VSav/GG, but Indivisible isn't trying to be any other game.

"Pasteldot is the #1 Annie cosplayer"
And a pretty darn good artist, too. As is ... weiird? I think I spelled that right.

The timing is a bit awkward coming so soon after Bloodstained, I can imagine that might have absorbed some of the metroidvania hype. I hope the IGG campaign doesn't come too soon, my wallet still needs to recover from that kickstarter.

Can't wait to see more details about Indivisible and what makes it unique!

Edit:
Bloodstained is a Castlevania, SG was heavily modeled on MvC2/VSav/GG, but Indivisible isn't trying to be any other game.

This excites me, and knowing how creative SG was while being heavily modeled on existing games, well let's just say I'm pretty confident we'll see something special. Hopefully when you can show off some gameplay nobody will have to use the term "metroidvania" to describe Indivisible. Side-scrolling Action RPG made by Lab Zero works just fine for me :P

Last edited:
I wish we could stop saying "Metroidvania". It doesn't sound right coming off the tongue and it basically implies an entire genre is nothing but shameless clones and ripoffs of two very old games. Things have changed.

Ajna coming to Skullgirls

I know right now people just want to be happy about L0's new IP so this might be an unpopular thing to say. But if this games a success I really hope Lab zero tries to strike up a deal with Autumn games to get the Skullgirls IP for themselves.

To be honest, so long as we get main-game Robo-Fortune I don't mind what else they announce.

All the cross over stuff would be nice but Autumn owns Skullgirls not Lab0 unfortunately.

Okay mofos it's time to make an Indivisible thread. Or, if there is already, direct me to it.

And a pretty darn good artist, too. As is ... weiird? I think I spelled that right.
She is those things, but she's not the #1 Annie fan. That's me.

The metroidvania terms is actually pretty easy to define. It's a generally a game set in a singular open world or a set of multiple small open worlds in which player starts out with relatively few abitilies and gains more over time or through progression. Said abilities then give them access to previously inaccessible areas and quicker or alternate routes through previous areas. That's the essence of the term "metroidvania" is how its often used today. Hoping to see what they do with it :D

As far as Skullgirls and Autumn go, Autumn has been superb with the use of the Skullgirls license. I highly doubt they'd just throw L0 under the bus after all the two have been through with the game.

Well, this is great. Best wishes to Lab 0 in their new journey.

Couple of things.

Considering the abundance of platform games from Indie studies, the game will have to be Superb to survive.

For the love of God, cut down the memes and modern references.