• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf SPOILERS - Beowulf Story Mode and Other Lore

sooooo...when will he be on steam the same time as the psn console or do we have to wait?

they'll be released around the same time, but guaranteed console takes priority.

It's almost time to add that last track to the playlist. I guess I'll do that on Thursday night :)

I'd imagine Annies whole role would be to tell beowulf not to pursue the Skullgirl.

In other words "Don't pursue Lu-Bu."

It would be fitting.

Especially since Night Phyre himself made the original song that this remix is based on.

The only thing that matters in Skullgirls

So Annie is the Skullgirl?

and Beowulf has to put her down?

That explains Annie's whole role in Beowulfs story.

The only thing that matters in Skullgirls
527fc46e47688.png

I beg to differ

Reactions: majorgalaxy
Please stop.
Dear god I just now realized your avatar has very small eyes that are along the bridge of the nose, I always thought the eyebrows/wrinkles were the lining of pale eyes shining with pure fury.

On a more related note, what fights are we to really expect for his path? Given by what became of Eliza, we may not have Marie as the end-all boss but she's a basic guarantee to be in the end. Otherwise... :CER::PEA::PAR::DUB: are likely due to their more unique lines in interacton. That's... 5 matches. :VAL:as a 6th going by the hint of Night's playlist. I haven't paid too much attention for length of story modes but could this be what we're up against, with whatever order they come?

Reactions: Kuzlalala
It's almost time to add that last track to the playlist. I guess I'll do that on Thursday night :)
TEASE

I think Val would be the partner character. and you would run into Parasoul trying to arrest Beowulf for a crime he didn't commit and Cerebella and Peacock would just be Mid fights trying to take his title bet away from him.

night phyre you should now how antsy this is about any possible clues of beo's story lol

I updated the OP again. Sorry for keeping you waiting.

Do you know what exact time Beowulf will be released? Because I want to make sure I don't check the Internet this Friday/Saturday before playing Beowulf's Story Mode.

Also, considering that there will be a Beowulf general discussion that will probably be named "Retiring for Retirement", should I change the name of this thread?

I also had a kinda bad day today so hopefully trailer will come out soon?

Well The trailer will pro baby release either today(hopefully) or tuesday

Do you know what exact time Beowulf will be released? Because I want to make sure I don't check the Internet this Friday/Saturday before playing Beowulf's Story Mode.
I don't think anybody knows, just keep an eye on the store I guess.

To anybody who gets their hands on the DLC before others, SHUT THE FUCK UP.
DON'T RUIN THE SURPRISE FOR THE REST OF US.
Also, considering that there will be a Beowulf general discussion that will probably be named "Retiring for Retirement", should I change the name of this thread?
This thread already IS Beowulf general discussion, it's basically a new Wulf Den. That being said, I vote that it not be moved or changed to be a general character discussion thread. Keep things on topic people, show them we can self moderate, that we are different.

Last edited:
Ok I don't think anyone will get the story early but in the case it does happens:
  1. Do NOT post any Spoilers in this thread
  2. Wait for Cellsai to make a story spoiler thread like they did for Eliza
That being said I'm hyped for Beowulfs story and can't wait to see which one of our theroies is right.

Oh so now you're saying that we can't put spoilers here. Pretty sure I made this thread so we can talk about Beo's story before and after the story mode.

How about this: I'll put a spoiler on the title for about a week or two?

That solves the problem

Also if you post make sure you address that you are spoiling a part of the story don't just put a spoiler tag.

Ok I don't think anyone will get the story early
Some computers download things faster than others. People have jobs and responsibilities that can prevent them from playing the game sooner. I can go on but you get the point.
How about this: I'll put a spoiler on the title for about a week or two?
Good job Lala.

Some computers download things faster than others. People have jobs and responsibilities that can prevent them from playing the game sooner. I can go on but you get the point.

Oh sorry I thought you meant getting the DLC a couple of days earlier.

Several things:
  1. This is the story & lore thread. I don't really see the purpose of turning it into a general discussion thread, but the fact that it's not means that people need to keep it more on topic than a general discussion thread. Not that you all haven't been, for the most part, but this thread simply cannot be a hangout room a la The Wulf Den. As long as everything is at least tangentially related to Beowulf, you should be ok.
  2. Being that this IS the story/lore thread, people need this to be the place they can discuss Beowulf's story mode when it comes out. That will be allowed, the moment the DLC goes live on PSN or Steam.
  3. ALL SPOILERS MUST USE SPOILER TAGS, AND MUST BE CLEARLY LABELED AS STORY DISCUSSION. This will be enforced harshly. It only takes one careless, tag-less post to ruin somebody's experience with the story, so DON'T BE THAT PERSON. The spoiler tag rule will end on the Monday following the DLC release. After that, I don't think it's reasonable to have everyone continue to hide their posts. You will have been given ample time to avoid spoilers, by that point.
  4. If you don't want to see spoilers, stay away from this thread until you finish the story mode. Unsubscribe on Thursday night, if you have to. Staying spoiler free is on you, too.
Example of how a good spoiler post might look:
I can't believe Beowulf abolished the monarchy and got elected president of the Canopy Kingdom!

Yes, but this would really mostly apply to PS3/Steam users. The poor souls who have to deal with Microsoft shenanigans on the 360 version most likely won't even get the update itself until after the "always tag spoilers" period ends.

Then I guess they should either: a. Watch the playthrough of the Story Mode or b. Be patient, very patient

Yes, but this would really mostly apply to PS3/Steam users. The poor souls who have to deal with Microsoft shenanigans on the 360 version Most likely won't get the update itself even after the "always tag spoilers" period ends.
I find this to be a reasonable concern. Do people feel like the spoiler tag period should last longer?

Well I guess we can use the spoiler tag until 360 gets Beowulf.