• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza SPOILERS - Eliza Story Mode Discussion

I just moved a bunch of Beowulf posts into the Beowulf thread, http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/beowulf-thread-retiring-from-retirement.198/

images

Tommy Lee Jones glaring a lot of people today.

When Double was preparing to eat the cast in thei ending, was she preparing dinner for the Trinity?

More material for the blood pool in Gehenna.

Speaking of blood pools Eliza and Double should pick up a medical science text book. A pool of hundreds of liters of blood is a striking visual but greatly untenable. Ever donate blood? It is a careful process. Every bag and vial is lined with an anti-coagulant. Once harvested, that blood needs to be chilled somewhere between 1 and 6 °C (34 to 42 °F). Properly stored, you have a a shelf life of 42 days. The best one can do is freezing it to make it last a year.

I can buy that a hellish pocket dimension like Gehenna can magically store blood, but I don't see Eliza coming up with a viable way to store kaiju-levels of blood in her bathhouse.

Eliza's already using Squigly as an alarm clock, why not toss Ms. Fortune into the blood to stir and freshen it via the Life Gem. Like the Flintstones and prehistoric animals, Eliza should be using all the Skullgirls cast as household appliances.

Can Peacock be a toaster?

I can buy that a hellish pocket dimension like Gehenna can magically store blood, but I don't see Eliza coming up with a viable way to store kaiju-levels of blood in her bathhouse.
Alex has mentioned in the past that Eliza is not actually made of blood, she just feeds on it. She's made of cells that happen to look like blood in their default state. This is why they can change color and consistency at will. You could extend this to all of her blood constructs like her blood bath and kaiju.

Also, rule of cool. A big pool of blood is awesome.

Maybe Sekhmet has a secondary power as a parasite that prevents blood that she touches from ever going bad. Also if parasite users are supposed to have red eyes, why are Eliza's blue?

Alex has mentioned in the past that Eliza is not actually made of blood, she just feeds on it. She's made of cells that happen to look like blood in their default state. This is why they can change color and consistency at will. You could extend this to all of her blood constructs like her blood bath and kaiju.

Also, rule of cool. A big pool of blood is awesome.
So you're saying she literally turns her host into mush.

Maybe Sekhmet has a secondary power as a parasite that prevents blood that she touches from ever going bad.
The red liquid in the pool consists of her cells already, it won't go bad anymore than Eliza herself will.

Also if parasite users are supposed to have red eyes, why are Eliza's blue?
I don't think there is such a rule. Eliza's eyes are blue, Annie's are amber, Venus' are dark brown. Talesin's and Aeon's are anyone's guess.

There is a rule that Skullgirl blood turns them red (and adds a skull pattern if it's specifically a Skullgirl) though, explaining Marie, Painwheel and possibly Valentine.

Maybe Sekhmet has a secondary power as a parasite that prevents blood that she touches from ever going bad. Also if parasite users are supposed to have red eyes, why are Eliza's blue?

it is in her bio that she does not like unhealthy blood the skullgirls website got updated

Before Eliza was released properly updated the site before she was released and there is a lot of cool stuff there

"In Soviet Union, Fortune makes Eliza HER bitch."
:PUN:
On another note: what would be the skullgirls universe equivalent of a soviet union joke?

But that wasn't the ending, only of the anime. And I doubt that even if the protagonists win that it will be a 100% happy ending simply because a lot of people had the worse ending before that.

Not only the Eclipse, but also the Tower of Conviction (an arc that was the real spirit of the manga), everything that happens in relation to the apostles, Ganishka...

Also, did you see what happened in the last chapter?
(super late reply yo!)
Oh, I didn't watch the anime. I meant the manga which I'm practically accepting as "finished". :/
Tower of Conviction arc is IMHO the best and worst of Berserk. Best because Miura pulls out all the stops for violence, debauchery and plain that's-fucked-up-ness and Mozgus is probably the most memorable character among the secondary cast; and worst because it's when Miura starts assembling the RPG party Gatsu never asked for.

I don't remember where it ended. Was it the thing with the Kraken, the mermaids and those stupid comic relief pirates?

@Skullgirls2 I feel like the game has been so successful that L0 should be able to find a person to give them money to make more.
Would be great to have SG2 but we have to remember that making a sequel requires more than a couple of new characters and a big 2 slapped on the title screen (usually whole new art assets and menus for starters, publicity costs, all new stages tend to be a sequel tradition, etc). I'd be inclined to say that supporting SG1 beyond the inclusion of Umbrella, Dahlia and Marie might be better but I can't claim to know their circumstances besides what is disclosed publicly, namely the fact that past finishing the IGG goals, the future is uncertain.
I'll let Lab Zero concern themselves about matters they have empirical knowledge of but I guess this serves as my way of saying that even if I would love to see SG2, I don't mind if SG1 keeps being expanded. Would be nice to have all new stories, music and stages but the ones we have are really good and the "meat" of the game is great as it is IMHO.

On another note: what would be the skullgirls universe equivalent of a soviet union joke?
"In Chess Kingdom, Skullheart wishes upon you."? I'unno.... *shrug*

Meanwhile, in the hearts of every heretic...
tumblr_nczz4qF2oe1rwv6ulo1_500.png

@Balder Honestly, whatever route gets more content in the game is fine by me.

(super late reply yo!)
Oh, I didn't watch the anime. I meant the manga which I'm practically accepting as "finished". :/
Tower of Conviction arc is IMHO the best and worst of Berserk. Best because Miura pulls out all the stops for violence, debauchery and plain that's-fucked-up-ness and Mozgus is probably the most memorable character among the secondary cast; and worst because it's when Miura starts assembling the RPG party Gatsu never asked for.

I don't remember where it ended. Was it the thing with the Kraken, the mermaids and those stupid comic relief pirates?

Would be great to have SG2 but we have to remember that making a sequel requires more than a couple of new characters and a big 2 slapped on the title screen (usually whole new art assets and menus for starters, publicity costs, all new stages tend to be a sequel tradition, etc). I'd be inclined to say that supporting SG1 beyond the inclusion of Umbrella, Dahlia and Marie might be better but I can't claim to know their circumstances besides what is disclosed publicly, namely the fact that past finishing the IGG goals, the future is uncertain.
I'll let Lab Zero concern themselves about matters they have empirical knowledge of but I guess this serves as my way of saying that even if I would love to see SG2, I don't mind if SG1 keeps being expanded. Would be nice to have all new stories, music and stages but the ones we have are really good and the "meat" of the game is great as it is IMHO.

"In Chess Kingdom, Skullheart wishes upon you."? I'unno.... *shrug*

Meanwhile, in the hearts of every heretic...
tumblr_nczz4qF2oe1rwv6ulo1_500.png
That's pretty much how i feel eliza i was expecting singing and dancing but nope

and i was hoping she woke up from a dream of being like a nightmare nope again

and that already was token by fukua

i hate her but I like her i can not forgive what she has done

originally i was gonna make the jazz team now i don't know she hurt squiggy...

But Big band is fine tho maybe I can still do it all i have to do is block the story in my head and say it never happened over in over again

So, now that Eliza killed all the main waifus, does that make her everybodys waifu by default?

mine didn't get killed, just scratched a bit.
Look at my avatar, doesn't she look lively?
upload_2014-10-8_21-5-43.png

Reactions: Scryer
Talesin's and Aeon's are anyone's guess
Taliesin's eyes are much probably black/dark something. So it appears from Ahad's sketches

Psssh
Eliza didn't even interact with my waifu.

Eliza takes Waifus, or were you not paying attention. =P
They might as well be dead by that point.

Actually, Vice Versa's face makes expressions occasionally without Cerebella making any. He'll sometimes express pain when she's using him for attacks.
After spinning his wrist for one of her attacks.
JlZVWEf.png

After re-inserting her head into Vice-Versa
TvLBRkx.png

And of course, her time out animation. In this animation, Vice Versa has his normal expression, as Cerebella is making that face, and he only gets the cross-eyes after he hits the ground.
Jtjn2rF.png
I just gotta ask: where did you get those images?

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is Eliza an actual conscious person, or is it sekhemet using her body as a puppet? I ask because at certain points where she disperses her blood to reveal sekhemet talking, it still says "Eliza" in the box. Also there is really no signs of Eliza being there while Sekhemet is talking or in combat.

They've pretty much been together for so long that they're effectively one person. Basically, they're an old married couple that's been together for a few millenia

Also Maji apparently joked about a "Mean uncle Seth" for Horace.
I'm so into this idea you don't even. This is iffy as fuck though.

Reactions: Undeadtoon
Hold on... if Marie could somehow live after the skullheart is destroyed, does that mean that selene and nancy could live after the skullheart's destruction when they had it?

I honestly don't get why Marie is still alive at the end. She got defeated (= killed) and the Skullheart had been destroyed, so how can she show up at the end with Skullheart power?

Reactions: dragonos451
I took the whole kaiju thing as a joke... 100% non-canon, but thatsa-me.

Reactions: Jimbob and Denizen
I took the whole kaiju thing as a joke... 100% non-canon, but thatsa-me.
I agree, that just looked to dumb not to be a joke.

No no no. Aeon did it. She brought a fully-obedient Marie over from another timeline. Yeah, probably not.
But still, who's to say Gehenna and the Skullheart are the Trinity's only source of power. I'll tell you that ending says otherwise.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Huh, never noticed the scarabs holding her eyes. Always assumed those were just the muscle/nerves/normal body stuff.