• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

• First DLC character is Alex in March
  • Will be able to buy him for 100,000 Fight Money or 600 Zenny ($6)
  • You can GET that much fight money by playing all Single Player Character Stories through
  • PS3 controllers compatible via Day 1 Patch
Source: Mexican website at first, then Capcom was like "oh yeah it's true" on Twitter

Reactions: Aden
Dang, Alex?
Good choice, guess they heard all the noise and decided to do him first.
I'm unsure if I'll be nabbing the Season Pass or be getting fight money tho.
By doing ALL character stories? How you gonna get enough Fight Money after that?

I think it's safe to assume now that this is definitely the order of characters we're getting. I heard otherwise because of story reasons but now we're good. If anyone besides Alex or Urien was first the internet would implode.

09_silhouettes.jpg

I got the season pass because I know I'm too lazy to get them through playing lots, aha. Plus I need the "premium costumes" as I know they're gonna be classic.

By doing ALL character stories? How you gonna get enough Fight Money after that?

You get fight money from playing Single Player content too. You can "grind" that way.

Reactions: Jutsei
Yup.
WMFBKGr.jpg

Between him and Chunner's story costume, we finally have Mall Cop Fighter V

edit:
Someone was streaming SFV's story mode on Twitch before they got banned.
CazMMhaUMAEFKwo.png:large

Looks like Birdie's alt costume was when he was a jobber for Shadaloo

Last edited:
Reactions: The Dave
Odd that 'rog was playable at an event but Alex is first. Hoping Urien drops in the story update since that seems like the soonest he'd show up.

They wanted to start SFV's dlc off with a fun character
:I

we'll see. I know it's hard to fuck up Alex but until we get our hands on him we'll never truly know.

Remember Capcom be taking out charging elements from classic characters and we all know that Alex has some really good moves that are done by charging. You can't take out the elbow and the stomp like come on. And I seriously doubt that they'll allow Alex to combo into a throw off of his medium or fierce slash. Unless they were say... Ex. or something.

It's been 3-4 months and I'm still legitimately upset with R. Mika's design.
I don't know what it is but it's such a critical mass of stupidity and garbage.
I have never had such a fucking beef with a design before.

Reactions: Dr.Sanity
Comboing off of command grab from his H chop is fine haha its a slow ass start up move.

I'm confident Alex will be fun and mainly stick how he's played. This game is definitely built for him, i'm just hoping for some on paper buffs to help him out more in the world of 2016.

Would be cool to see some stuff from TVC as well.

*MIGHT be able to do from Crush Counters, it depends on the start up xD

I don't want to ruin any jokes but I'm pretty sure thats like, an off duty airforce uniform. cause he's in the airforce.

I dunno man
paul_blart_mall_cop.jpg

I see no difference, aside from the lack of segway (which could very easily be put in as a third super move)

if he was really airforce he'd be in an airplane, silly

Song link ain't workin for me. And judging by the comments I'm not alone.

The only thing I hate about R.Mika is her Engilsh Va.

Dear god.

mmmhhh the song is... okay? idk. Industructable was just cheese and i like it for that. here the song takes itself a little bit more seriously and i'm not sure if that works or not.

oh well personal tastes and what not.

and sorry about having fears that Capcom might mess with Alex. (he's too much fun.) I'm sure they'll be smart in how they will put him into the game. same goes for Urien.

Urien being bad is impossible.

That character is blessed with long ass limbs and good buttons. So long as some crazy 2i shit doesn't happen he'll be "okay" at worst.

Really looking forward to both of them, Ibuki is what i'm worried about. NG, 2i, 3s, and SF4 have her all playing differently so who knows what the fuuug they'll do with her.

Song's pretty meh. It has that dead, overproduced feel, and the mix is so anime (i.e. clearer-than-clear), it sucks all the energy out of it.

I fee like, with Indestructible, everyone was in on the joke, so to speak, you know? It's like, yeah this is a piece of shit, but it's a funny piece of shit. It's corny and somewhat lovable. This song doesn't have that working for it.

Whatever the background music for the menu is, though, that generic djent sounding thing, that's fine, though. Unobtrusive.

EDIT: Japan used to put such dope music in their games, back in the day. They used to do a ton of great sample-based electronic stuff, jungle and dnb, stuff like that. Just look at SFIII. Now, though, we live in the dark times :*(

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a little sad that I don't like the song that much.

They're previous work was good too - I mean I really enjoy their song for the 2nd Opening of Seven Deadly Sins.

SO THAT'S WHERE THE KICKASS OPENING THEME FROM IRON BLOODED ORPHANS COMES FROM. HOOOOOLY SHIT.

isnt that the band that performs in fursuits or whatever