• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Let's just say that things are a tight fit without the oil
how do you think they got that many kids?
YOU HAVE TO OIL UP FOR THAT BIG A FAMILY!

Let's just say that things are a tight fit without the oil
that means Hakan lacks game, it must suck to be Hakan

Though note that with that choice and the fact that they allow not-same-frame throw tech inputs, c.LP~LK or c.LK~LP slow enough to not trigger the kara-cancel to the throw animation will still give you the exact same crouch-tech OS as before. Or in worst case, c.LP->c.LP+LK would give a c.LP->LP/LK chain and a throw tech if you got thrown, cuz it'd be silly for them to allow you to chain into a throw attempt so the second press would have to give an attack. So nothing was removed, just made harder, since you can still OS between the two with one input combination.
Hey look!
http://shoryuken.com/2015/06/17/tsn...-option-select-variation-in-street-fighter-v/
It's ALMOST like I'm a game designer!

But what if we had Hakan AND his wife
She could be all "Hakan i'm gonna give you the rudest knocking out"
and Hakan is all gleeful like "See this is why I married you"
family bonding is so heartwarming

But then we'd have Tumblr raging about spousal abuse...

Reactions: Era
That's also my favorite part.
And Cammy's super finish. The way she looks at the camera
283.gif

Ryu's super finish is probably the most uninteresting one right now.

Chun's is my least favorite
I hate stuff that shows characters attacking air and then the other person getting hit by nothing
it's poopoo

Ryu needs a shin shoryuken.

I just hope the shoto count is low in this one watching Ryu yesterday on E3 reminded me why I stopped playing SFIV I guess I understand in high stakes play its ok but come on guys the reason for E3 is to test new things before they hit the shelves I wanted to see some Birdie or Nash play

On another note, looks like we're going Alpha for this game let's see which 3rd strike characters will sneak in

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
I'm gonna say Sean, Dan, Ken, Gouki, Sakura are all in. Guile's in, but charge motions are replaced by QCF and DP motions.

I'm gonna say Sean, Dan, Ken, Gouki, Sakura are all in. Guile's in, but charge motions are replaced by QCF and DP motions.
That's... very unlikely? Not only would it be overloading the roster with shotos, but there's no reason they'd be getting rid of charge motions completely.

Assuming they're launching with a relatively small roster, I'd say from your list only Akuma/Gouki, Sakura, and Guile stand a decent chance. Maybe Sean as an outside chance if they are going to start with more characters.

Ken is most certainly in.

Sakura would be nice... she was always fun. Part of what got me into fighting games, actually. And Dan's just entertaining. And it seems there's always an Akuma...

It's probably not going to happen, but I'd love for them to throw in Asura from Asura's Wrath. That game was amazingly badass, and the DLC's already had a crossover with Ryu and Akuma. Of course, they'd have to somehow explain why he isn't just nuking everybody with his fists...

Ken is most certainly in.
Part of me wants to doubt this. Not because Capcom has forgotten him or doesn't think he's popular, but I think they might try to keep him for the first round of updates to milk hype.

Did... my joke entirely woosh? I listed every Shoto besides Gouken, then suggested that Guile be changed to a shoto style character.

Did... my joke entirely woosh? I listed every Shoto besides Gouken, then suggested that Guile be changed to a shoto style character.
Yes it did. Me dum/

with the exception of birdie, all characters revealed got me interested, so, i'll not complain if ken isn't in the game, but i know a lot of people will, i mean, he is a fan favorite. Is not like makoto, that doesn't have a big fanbase so i know she will probably not be in the game (but a man can have hope, right?)

I wanted to see some Birdie or Nash play
Where you watching the same stream i saw? Everyone played birdie, nash and cammy. Mostly birdie. Sometimes there was ryu. Jwong rocked the hell outta bison.

I am really in love with cammy, she looks so cool!

plz don't shoot me, but i hope DeeJay makes it into the game, and I'd hope he stays a charge character.

Seems like charge times are shortened too in SFV, which I like a lot especially considering the gameplay is a lot faster than SF4.

Also OTG's were removed in the latest patch

You know what charge character would be cool in SF5?

Many of them, xD

yes, i was going to say urien

Why would you want low IQ characters in SF5?

who says his SFV iteration would be low IQ?

sigh..... guys

I would like to hold a funeral in honor of 60 internet dollars.

I'll try to honor their lives by making tons of SF5 beta videos.

Farewell my children... you will be missed.

if only i had the strength to save you and then I could have gotten 60 $1 jawbreakers instead.

I guess this is the ONE case where I won't hunt you till the end of your days for pre-ordering...

Just this once though...

I'm hype as hell for Cammy, I never played her in SF4 partially because I never really got all that into SF4 and partially because I often have trouble with charge inputs (though I've gotten better since playing big band). With her being even more rushdown-y and losing the charge stuff in SFV it's definitely looking like she'll be my main.