• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

Necalli's non v-trigger mode reminds me of Omega t.hawk based on that trailer

Ono's cosplay.
upload_2015-7-19_23-2-6.png

Last edited:
Eh kind of mixed on the character design. Seems they relied on making the anime glow hair/paint as eccentric as possible as the key selling point [which is fine], but the rest of the design doesn't really match the eccentric direction. Not too surprised about this either way since Oni was a thing.

The gameplay though I'm more positive about. Seems very CQC. Like if Wolverine got more anime and brutal.

Hailing from a mysterious background, Necalli utilizes a wild, animalistic fighting style to brutalize his opponents. There’s no finesse here as all of his attacks have been forged through the heat of battle to inflict maximum pain upon his opponents. However, beneath the surface of the crazed warrior lies a hidden genius that is unleashed upon V-Trigger activation. Players who enjoy a straight forward, hard hitting character will feel right at home with Necalli, as he possesses a wide variety of savage, close range attacks, as well as a command grab, all with the goal of demolishing his foes.

V-Skill: Culminated Power

Necalli pounds the ground with both fists, creating an explosion from the ground that damages the opponent. By holding the joystick left, right or leaving it at neutral, players can control the distance the explosion travels, allowing him to pressure opponents from afar.

V-Trigger: Torrent of Power

Necalli channels a mysterious energy that warps his hair color and completely changes his personality for a short period of time. While in his powered up state, he gains access to new combos, new frame data, and even a new Critical Art!

He looks pretty friggin cool actually.

From the current 8, I'm interested in him the most, as I always had a thing for the overly brutal fighters. Also is his V-Trigger supposed to look so... Satsuo-no-hadou'ish? In the way he acts he really is close to Evil Ryu, so maybe that's a guy who got his mind completely fried by Satsui no Hadou.

Last edited:
He looks pretty awesome. I'm also glad that even though only 8 fighters have been shown, they cover a very broad spectrum of styles.

I was thinking about this last night; With this guy being rather... beast like, does he take the place of Blanka on the roster? It seems so far like they're trying to push the human form without making characters that aren't human. Like the changes with Ken maybe indicate we'll have a character that fits more of his old model's face, like Alex. Even Birdie, while being made fat, was normalized from his games. The only exception I see so far is Nash, but he's still just a Frankenstein of human parts. I don't know.

Also, can't wait to see what they decide to go with for a true, in your face grappler chracter. Birdie is one I guess... but he still has like ranged attacks and projectiles.

does he take the place of Blanka on the roster
That was my first thought, and I am really hoping so.

can't wait to see what they decide to go with for a true, in your face grappler chracter. Birdie is one I guess... but he still has like ranged attacks and projectiles.
The presentation made it very clear they barely consider Birdie a grappler, certainly not an in your face one. Maybe the Siliconera leak is true in which case we get Mika and Alex. I really doubt it though.

Reactions: Rakurin
well given how they said that the roster is going to be mostly returning characters from SF there are going to be some new.

We can say that Zangief might be coming back.... AS MECHA ZANGIEF~!

AW YEAH ~! COMMAND GRABS FOR DAYS, heck he could have a slightly longer ranged command grab where his robotic arms extend forward to snatch the opponent.

well given how they said that the roster is going to be mostly returning characters from SF there are going to be some new.

We can say that Zangief might be coming back.... AS MECHA ZANGIEF~!

AW YEAH ~! COMMAND GRABS FOR DAYS, heck he could have a slightly longer ranged command grab where his robotic arms extend forward to snatch the opponent.

While Zangief would be nice to see... I'd love to see him alongside a grappler or two we haven't seen in a while... and yeah its 12 old characters and 4 new at release?

WHY HELLO THERE :D
it's another Animal Warrior. Right up Kai's Ally. I expect every time you activate V-Trigger with Necalli you howl into the microphone.

The birds get knocked over by impacts apparently. Also, check out his feet.
sdEnfSe.jpg
Perhaps he's an Illuminati experiment instead of just an animal man. Not that the latter isn't fine, but the new personality and powers thing seems like it's going to be something.

it's another Animal Warrior. Right up Kai's Ally. I expect every time you activate V-Trigger with Necalli you howl into the microphone.
When I activate V trigger I plan to play Vegeta's theme.

Now this character reveal makes me want to see the other 3, they are going with a better route this time for new characters. I imagine all of them will have extreme uniques V-triggers

Perhaps he's an Illuminati experiment instead of just an animal man. Not that the latter isn't fine, but the new personality and powers thing seems like it's going to be something.

My theory is that he is a test subject for forceful implementation of Satsui no Hado into people, which made him go mad, since if you can't control it, you just become a killing machine.

When he V-Triggers he pretty much looks and acts like Evil Ryu... That smirk at the end of the super...

Devour-our-our
Devour-our-our
Devour-our-our
Devour-our-our

Yeah, he can barely talk in his default mode. Not sure if it is Satsui no Hado, though. Not sure if it can be forced on someone. I see it more like a murderous discipline with a high regiment of hate.
and yeah its 12 old characters and 4 new at release?

Yup.

RETURN
01. Ryu
02. Chun-Li
03. Bison
04. Ken
05. Cammy
06. Birdie
07. Nash

NEW
01. Necalli

After seeing a Hulk win UMvC3, Street Fighter V getting an unstoppable brute seems appropriate. Now they just need another boss (Sagat or Urien) and a stretchy person (Necro or Dhalsim).

fun fact, the origin of the name Necalli is Nahuatl ( aka Aztec ) and means 'Battle'

the more you know

Now I want Necalli-Ogre-Kotal Kahn Battle Royale.

My theory is that he is a test subject for forceful implementation of Satsui no Hado into people, which made him go mad, since if you can't control it, you just become a killing machine.

When he V-Triggers he pretty much looks and acts like Evil Ryu... That smirk at the end of the super...
What if, he is actually connected to the entity behind the satsui no hado, imagine that is some kind of demon that generates this kind of power, and for some reason, Necalli is from a people that worships that entity or something like that. I mean, the dark hadou is something more supernatural and spiritual than other sources of power in Street fighter, i imagine it hard to be something that a lab would research.

this is from EHubs:

V-Trigger: Torrent of Power is Necalli's V-Trigger. When activated, the character uses a mysterious energy to transform his personality for a short time. During V-Trigger, Necalli gains access to new combos, new frame data, and a new Critical Art

I have no idea where they got that description, it could be something they wrote on their own, but I have to imagine that Necalli's power is NOT Satsui No Hado. Considering he comes from an Aztec background and does not practice Ansatsuken, I would imagine his power comes from something unique, who knows though it could be part of the story and maybe in fact he DOES know Satsui No Hado. Either way, he looks badass and interesting.

So far I think Capcom has done a great job with SF5 as a whole, especially the whole "everything is free after you buy the disk, you just gotta grind"

When I posted that exact quote I got it from the PlayStation blog. Which used Combofiend's blog as the source, I imagine, since it's also there.

word, I didn't even see your original post, but yea I imagine he gains his power from something other than Hado, just doesn't seem fit for him IMO

he could be an ancient aztec warrior/god that was resurrected by the illuminati

well actually the Satsui No Hado is more of a spiritual corruption of a warrior. The Ansatsuken being a martial art used to kill people (in the beginning) was an easy way for a warrior of that art to get corrupted and become engulfed with the evil spirit of the Satsui No Hado. Because it's just the corruption of one's warrior spirit, means it is not tied down to just the Ansatsuken. Given how brutal and animal like Necalli's fighting style is it could be possible he could have the Satsui No Hado buried inside of him just like Ryu. Now unlike Ryu he accepts this power and uses it to destroy his opponents (power over all else seems to be his playstyle/ mindset).

i just don't see it fit for him, I think he's got his own thing going on. only time will tell

Reactions: Ninja
I just think it would be weird for him not to have some connection to Gill since they both have the Kars look going on.

Guys... look at him... he's powered by this new discovery, code named V-Trigger. Cammy and Chun are hired to track its origins down, Bison wants to obtain the power for himself, Ryu hopes the power will help him defeat his inner demons, Ken wants to stop his friend Ryu before he causes himself any harm, Nash is a mercenary sent to recover the subject for something, Birdie is fat and has heartburn so he wants to be cured.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE.

Reactions: ScarletGungnir
Nash is a mercenary sent to recover the subject for something
Nash has been out right confirmed Illuminati. Hell, he could be to Necalli as Twelve was to Necro.

I was just BS'in the best I could
After dying and resurrecting multiple times Gill has suffered brain damage and his powers have faded away hence normal colored skin, he became a tribal warrior after having the gem removed when Urien brainwashed him/locked his powers away, his V-Trigger is his personality and power reemerging for a brief period.

Guys... look at him... he's powered by this new discovery, code named V-Trigger. Cammy and Chun are hired to track its origins down, Bison wants to obtain the power for himself, Ryu hopes the power will help him defeat his inner demons, Ken wants to stop his friend Ryu before he causes himself any harm, Nash is a mercenary sent to recover the subject for something, Birdie is fat and has heartburn so he wants to be cured.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE.
If this game is post SF3, which is most likely, Chun is retired, so she would get back to battle only by personal means. =P (like Bison)

No. We do not speak of that horror of a character... 12... so dumb. Nekro on the other hand.... hmmmmmmm that would be interesting to see him come back in some way, even as a background character.