• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

They said things related to gameplay could be unlocked, for all we know they could lock all aesthetics for real money. Though I imagine it will be a split.

Reactions: Covenant
I will always complain about DoA making money, what are you talking about?

on one hand
keeping something as minor as costumes behind a paywall is kinda skeevy to me
on the other hand
making people pay for their shitty fetish costumes gets a chuckle out of me

solution
cool costumes in game
lame ones for pay

With a small roster, and small aditions over time, keeping balance will be easier.

If they start well, the 16 characters we will have at launch will be viable and good, or something close to that, and then, they release one character, and they work the next patches until everything gets balanced.

I mean, Mobas follow that model, and they are unbalanced by nature, but i think mobas have much more variables that makes balancing harder (we release this character, how he will fit with the items, and others characters, etc), but when you do a Fighting game character, you need to think on his matchups (which is still a big thing, but small aditions to the roster will not change the game that much).

I think they should focus on the characters being fun, and they are showing that.

Maybe that will be the end of joke characters, at least from the balance point.

Don't overweigh statements like that. You guys know it's just meant to mean "Players who do want to play characters like Dan will be able to."

Also, MOBAS and what happened to them as the years went by are a fair comparison regarding the system they want to implement, but not the balance characteristics themselves.

It is completely and utterly unfair to compair games where its a 99 second 1v1 against one that you have more than 90 playable characters on a 10 player format, simultaneously with a map that literally scrolls the screen with things happening all the time for 30 minutes and (some) even give the players the need to build 6 out of more than other 80 possible items as the game progresses.

Please be reasonable. Capcom is actually doing something GREAT for the fighting game industry IN GENERAL with these announcements and I'm really happy for it and I hope all goes well.

Which is perfectly fine; A+ business model to have paid cosmetics - they keep your company alive without forcing anyone to pay.
DotA2 is making so much money.. and nobody ever complained about that.
I absolutely agree with you. I love this business model.
Hopefully some cosmetic stuff will be unlockable as well.
I love how Netherrealms give their characters free costumes every now and then.

Reactions: Shockdingo
It would be odd if no costumes were able to be purchased in game, what would your grinding go to during the launch period other than just building up?

There's absolutely NO reason to not apply cosmetics to a system like that.

Just think about the partnerships. EG Full Murica PR Balrog Boxing Sleeves. Tournament edition. And why the hell should I not be able to farm it if I really like the player and don't want to spend the dollars? Make it hard for me I don't care, but make it possible. It will make me want to play your game. Its good for everyone.

Balancing MOBA chars is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier than FG chars due to a multitude of reasons; starting from lack of options, over everyone playing 30 different characters (which makes counterpicking far easier), to them just being 1/5th of a team (so unless you mega fuckup, they can't really be busted) till the most basic reason - if it's truly busted it will just get banned every game and w/e (+ added note of them plain not being pickable in CM until you decide to, so you get a free 2+ month beta testing period of a million players)

MOBA devs just have no interest at all in keeping the game balanced, as it makes casuals unhappy

Balancing MOBA chars is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier than FG chars due to a multitude of reasons; starting from lack of options, over everyone playing 30 different characters (which makes counterpicking far easier), to them just being 1/5th of a team (so unless you mega fuckup, they can't really be busted) till the most basic reason - if it's truly busted it will just get banned every game and w/e (+ added note of them plain not being pickable in CM until you decide to, so you get a free 2+ month beta testing period of a million players)

MOBA devs just have no interest at all in keeping the game balanced, as it makes casuals unhappy

ok

Dang so they didn't announce any new characters yet? And here I though that I would have something to get hype/mad about in the morning...

Wait... what? DLC characters purchasable with in-game currency? Yeah... that's a good substitute.

HYPE!

I might be one of the few people that preffered LoL over Dota 2 because you had to work to get characters in LoL and I felt there was no goal to achieve in Dota 2 as all were unlocked from the start. I love "filling up bars" as long as I get something awesome in the end.

However I still believe A LOT of grinding will be requiered since they won't be able to produce characters that fast IMHO.

"Players who do want to play characters like Dan will be able to."
Excuuuuuuuuuuuuse Me, sir. But Dan "The Man" Hibiki Is The God Lvl Fighter, In all of Fighting Games he has appeared in. You might say: "But Dan's Moves are really bad." NO... He's just holding back so you would have a fair chance at winning cause he can knock you out in one hit.

Reactions: Covenant
Cosmetics as dlc is perfectly fine.

lol. Whatever you say dude.

Last edited:
so if there are only 16 characters at launch that means the roster is already halfway revealed then, wow

It will be with whoever is revealed today. Then it'll be up to 8

PLACING ALL BETS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN~!

50 BIG SMACKEROONIES ON THE NEXT NEW STREET FIGHTER CHARACTER BEING ANIME~! CALLING IT NOW.

It's fucking Yun and Yang watch.
Excuuuuuuuuuuuuse Me, sir. But Dan "The Man" Hibiki Is The God Lvl Fighter, In all of Fighting Games he has appeared in. You might say: "But Dan's Moves are really bad." NO... He's just holding back so you would have a fair chance at winning cause he can knock you out in one hit.
yeah he's a rip off of Ryo and Robert from Art of Fighting.

I know the history of Dan thank you very much. I am one of those nerds who actually play the character on a semi serious level. On that note... WHY ISN'T THERE A DAN CHARACTER IN SG? I WANT TO HAVE GOOF OFF CHARACTER THAT HAS NO REASON TO TAUNT EVERY CHANCE HE GETS BUT STILL DOES CAUSE IT PISSES OFF PEOPLE!

I know the history of Dan thank you very much. I am one of those nerds who actually play the character on a semi serious level. On that note... WHY ISN'T THERE A DAN CHARACTER IN SG? I WANT TO HAVE GOOF OFF CHARACTER THAT HAS NO REASON TO TAUNT EVERY CHANCE HE GETS BUT STILL DOES CAUSE IT PISSES OFF PEOPLE!
There is and her name is Fukua.

Have you seen those "whatever bitch" poses she makes for her shadow specials and supers?

19_sf5teaser01.jpg

Fukua might have came from a joke but then she became real. Her playstyle is strong on a lot of parts which is kinda the opposite of a joke character where moves are more difficult to connect. I just saying she isn't a joke character. and with a Joke character there is an air of humor to them they are doing something silly or a move that looks really weird, Fukua doesn't have any of that, she all about getting up in your grill and dishing out pain in high low mixups or command grab resets.

Comedy Character(referred to as a "Fighting Clown" in some circles)=/=Joke Character

Phoenix Wright is the former, Servbot is the latter
there is a huge difference

His description pretty much worked for either, though.

So how about that Street Fighter? New character apparently has a glowing red aura.

Yeah, Comedy Character is fine, Joke Character is not, as with the little finances Lab-Zero has it would be essentially a waste of money to make a non-viable character.

As for the pic above... That looks so Akuma'ish... And that looks like a muscly dark-skinned leg under the Blanka toy.

REd Aura? it's the power cosmic. that or more Anime flowing out of the dude. SO I CALLED IT, IT'S ANIME!

Not disagreeing, but remember when everyone thought the banana was Blanka?

Reactions: Shockdingo
It is the new guy. '-'

Is that his face to the left of the toy's arm

If it is, then whoever it is looks like they have a darker skin color an a beard
Hmm

It's Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku.

Ono got jam on his screen.
OOP. Jam confirmed for Street Fighter...
Well, its not guilty gear but it will have to do.