• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

"Go to the principle's office" "You can't stop the Shaq"

Shaq is Sean's actual master. Ken was only there to teach Sean how to do a hadouken.

Reactions: Shockdingo
That explains how sean was top tier in second impact. =P

it was all that Gold Bond that Shaq gave him
tumblr_mqwneh3uXE1qfqcmfo1_1280.gif

I'm feeling the balance updates being free, and I guess I'm ok with the in-game currency thing for earning characters, but if it's like any other modern in-game currency system, it's gonna be a fucking hassle to actually earn everything that way.

The USFIV finals is going to be 8 pm right? I think i'm the only here that is going to watch that not only because the reveal. But i like to watch SFIV matches for some reason. =P

Shaq should take chun li's spot on the roster
*slaps with a fish; specifically a Knights of Nee-approved Herring*

I'm all for unlockable characters in fighting games again.
Agreed, I can't tell you how much I missed unlocking bonus content. I hope there's good stuff other than characters and costumes. I want some art, a character viewer, alt modes, bonuses level rush modes, etc

The USFIV finals is going to be 8 pm right? I think i'm the only here that is going to watch that not only because the reveal. But i like to watch SFIV matches for some reason. =P
It's going to be at 6:30 PDT and 9:30 Eastern right before things begin.

yah you are the only person in the world to be watching the actual tournament

Fine Shaq takes, birdie's spot on the roster.

Im not gonna watch I dont like watching SFIV AKA the abusive boyfriend of fighting games unless Mike "how do I ultra 2" Ross and Gootecks are playing.

No. New Birdie looks like a ton of fun.

Reactions: Shockdingo
I'm all for unlockable characters in fighting games again.

Yeah
The good ol days where you can unlock a whole bunch of crap through different tasks (easy and hard) and be able to enjoy offline mode with a whole bunch of different modes and extras

I'm feeling the balance updates being free, and I guess I'm ok with the in-game currency thing for earning characters, but if it's like any other modern in-game currency system, it's gonna be a fucking hassle to actually earn everything that way.
Yeah, but in exchange for not paying for every update, I'll take this in a heart beat. Plus you have to consider how long it takes to add a character. Aside from 1 or 2 possible day one dlc/pre-order characters, it's probably gonna be a month or two, maybe three, between characters. Odd are that's plenty of time to get fight money if you're playing the game consistently.

Character #8 is minutes away! (or will they save it for the end of finals?)
8epduMN.jpg

I say it it is gonna be the facepaint dude from Ken's trailer. 1 of the 4 newbies for the 16 character roster.

Reactions: SmashBlade
Facepaint dude is most likely.

EDIT: I'll have to re-watch that trailer a few times, and to get used to the anime V-Trigger appearance.

Last edited:
jeez with whatshisname being so powerful I can only imagine what it would be like if Woolie unsealed his dreadlock limiters

the world would probably down in salt

New character is Kars, lol.

I dunno if he's my type of character, but I'll give him a shot when I get the chance. Appearances can be deceiving.

Looks like he'll normally play like Claw Iori from KoF and his V-Trigger acts kinda like Orochi mode.
Buuuut I won't know until I get my hands on him.

I can't believe Capcom is copying Super Fighter's Red Man.

His win pose makes it seem like he is giving a gift to the gods

That command grab is pretty great.

Asura and Oni had a bahbee and Tarzan raised him.

Don't forget his step father Kratos

i don't know how i feel about this new character.

my first thought was "he looks like a character an obscure mid-90s SF clone in the arcade would have"

Looks like he'll normally play like Claw Iori from KoF and his V-Trigger acts kinda like Orochi mode.
Buuuut I won't know until I get my hands on him.
Yeah I can see the how this new guy is similar to claw iori, at visually speaking with his claw normals and command grab.

It's even more similar since he's fighting Ken in his 98 Rugal outfit, or Ken Bernstein, as I like to call him.

mmmmmmhhhhhhhhh.... okay.

*takes a puff of his cigarette*

He's Anime... I told you guys so. He turns Anime...

Love it when I'm right.

also His V-Trigger... Totaly the Satsui no Hado. Red Hair, Yellow Eyes that turn red when doing a super, Skin colour is darkish. All signs of a Satsui no Hado user

The way his hair turns red and seems to....explode? Only real word I can think of to describe how it changes after he changes states. But it seems to be similar, at least in the way it floats, to how Gill's floated up and seems to spark up when Gill was certain attacks. Given Gill's religious stuff and this here...I wonder if there's yet another connection? The hair color change would also make sense given how a number of characters change color when going into these honestly god-like states, so I can see how it could work...Definately creates interesting questions.