• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

But capcom hates me, so they'd rather make a mocking costume for kuma in sfxt than bring back R. Mika or spend 10k dollars to have karin back

Reactions: Eva-Unit-Shrek
Don't know if this was posted yet, but this YouTuber named Vesper breaks down SFV

Reactions: BZ Choy
On the Mika thing, I wouldn't be surprised if the administration at Capcom just plain hates her. After all, they picked her to be one of the characters who got wtfpwned in the Decapre trailer.

remember when Ono said that R. Mika just missed the cut for SSFIV
and that she was top of the list to get added if SFIV got any more updates
remember when

Yes. I really like Mika, I hope she's in SFV, there's no reason for her not to be.

What do people have against that wonderful cooking god.

Because most likely fan favorites will take up most of the roster.

Really hoping that the polls on EventScrubs and Unity aren't taken into consideration. They've make for a horribly bad cast with mostly rushdown characters and a few counter zoners, but no true zoners/keepaway and grapplers.

Really hoping that the polls on EventScrubs and Unity aren't taken into consideration. They've make for a horribly bad cast with mostly rushdown characters and a few counter zoners, but no true zoners/keepaway and grapplers.
I completely agree. I don't think Capcom's dumb enough to not have a relatively balanced cast in terms of playstyles, though. That said, they might be dumb enough to fill up a number of spots with unnecessary shoto clones and crackhead characters.

you mean chars like r.mika and karin?
I hope R. Mika makes it in. Don't they have to pay someone to use Karin as she's someone else's IP, I think? I can never remember.

Karin is popular enough with the fanbase that I can almost see them shelling out to use her for some cheap hype
almost

If Q isn't in this game I'm flipping someone's table
what makes you think that Q will be in this game? If anything Capcom is going to be tossing out some characters from the Alpha series, like... Karin. And if we're lucky Sodom. (lol no) Hey I like Q just as much as you do, but I just don't see it happening, Q is one of those fighters that is just too weird and he's a bit of a challenge to play (needing risky hard knock downs so he can taunt to get his def boost, other wise with out that boost he'll be toast.)

Not sure why Q is so popular, tbh. I just fail to see anything interesting about the character other then him being a robot in a trench coat. He has no personality or backstory and his playstyle is basically "Balrog, but with shitty normals and a command throw." which I guess turns out to be not so much like balrog since a lot of rog's gameplan stems from his normals.

people like Ryu and Chun-Li and they still fail to show significant personality
and they've been around twice as long as Q
and in like 20 more games

look dude, we'll just have to sit back and wait. But with that showing of Charlie, I get this small feeling that Capcom is going to be tossing out some Alpha characters. Remember SF4 had the ST3 crew come in. So it might be unlikely for all of them to come back. Maybe Duddly and Ibuki...

maybe they could have Eagle come back. Duddly vs Eagle would be kinda cool.

what makes you think that Q will be in this game? If anything Capcom is going to be tossing out some characters from the Alpha series, like... Karin.

Q isn't from Alpha.
Not saying that Q is probably going to get in, but that's not a good reason to say so.

yes I KNOW that Q isn't from Alpha. All i'm doing is guessing what Capcom is going to be doing with the info that we have right now. They showed that Charlie is going to be in the game, where did Charlie come from? The Alpha series. If Capcom sticks to this theme, which they did when they added in the majority of the Street Fighter 3 cast into Street Fighter 4, we might be seeing characters like Karin being added in the roster. And if Q is as popular as people say he is then why wasn't he added into SF4 along side Duddly or Makoto? Would have made sense.

you know guys
Ryu is from Street fighter 1
what if we got
that one in red with the blond hair?? what's his name
Ben??

Reactions: Dragonage2ftw
you know guys
Ryu is from Street fighter 1
what if we got
that one in red with the blond hair?? what's his name
Ben??
naw man. nobody will want that guy.

he'll have no presence in something like Evo. get outta here.

How about everyone else is Dan Hibiki. The entire cast of Capcom's next fighting game just has 32 Dan Hibikis. BEST WEEB FIGHTER EVER MADE.

JOKES HA HA~!

yes I KNOW that Q isn't from Alpha. All i'm doing is guessing what Capcom is going to be doing with the info that we have right now. They showed that Charlie is going to be in the game, where did Charlie come from? The Alpha series. If Capcom sticks to this theme, which they did when they added in the majority of the Street Fighter 3 cast into Street Fighter 4, we might be seeing characters like Karin being added in the roster. And if Q is as popular as people say he is then why wasn't he added into SF4 along side Duddly or Makoto? Would have made sense.
I don't think there's enough out there to even see a pattern of who's likely and who's not. Ryu and Chun Li are super popular mainstays. Initially Chun Li wasn't in SF3 until 3rd strike, lots of controversy in the past over omitting so much of the cast, so SF4 comes around and brings back several SFII and Alpha favorites-- now my point is, I feel from here on out at the very least Ryu and Chun Li will always be around. Now that's out of the way, them adding Charlie was awesome, but it's not enough of a clue to say that we're probably getting more alpha characters.

The fact is that there's so little in terms of info for SFV, and already people got confused with the mistranslation of the Ken Bogard thing thinking we were getting 16 characters. We still might, we might not, but the issue is, he didn't even have a specific idea of the roster size.

There's been rumours and speculation that due to the Denjin Hadouken, Chun Li's stance, and the showcased stage that it may take place after or lead up to SF3, but again, that's speculation once more. On the flip side, for the Alpha direction, some people feel that the Capcom UK history video featuring Rose might be a hint that she's coming up next on the revelation circuit.

At the end of the day we've got just a little bit of info and may get some more with upcoming con appearances or something. They've probably finalized or pre-finalized that cast in writing, but since they're only around 20% done, we're not going to get more information (at least huge stuff) for a bit.

Lastly, the most important thing is that above all else, for this entry to succeed, it needs to give a certain amount of focus to bringing on an element that will bring joy, curiosity, a hungering for Udon noodles, adrenaline rushes and trench coats....Q. Q needs to be included. For with his inclusion, as it was foretold in the back of a soggy newspaper in a Hell's Kitchen Alley (next to Lou's Fine Meats) 15 years ago, it would move the world one step closer to world peace.....it's true.

....TOTALLY TRUE!

wait... Hell's Kitchen... Udon Noodles... Trench Coat... Has Gordon Ramsey confirmed the return of Q? unbelievable... I am floored.

I kinda hope they drop Dhalsim for Necro. I just find Dhalsim to be way too boring.

Reactions: agent13
people like Ryu and Chun-Li and they still fail to show significant personality
and they've been around twice as long as Q
and in like 20 more games
Most people don't exactly play these characters for personality (I picked Chun in 3S because she had majority 6:4 and 7:3 match ups in her favor).

I honestly don't care about the characters themselves; give Blanka and El Fuerte a bunch of interesting hitboxes and I'd gladly welcome them back, perhaps even play them myself. But of course that isn't really realistic - Ken will always have a good DP, Guile will always have a fast boom, etc.

Most people don't exactly play these characters for personality (I picked Chun in 3S because she had majority 6:4 and 7:3 match ups in her favor).
Most FGC people, maybe. Don't count out the casuals.

I'm a "casual" but I've been a fan of Street Fighter since 1994 or so. I like both the mechanics and visual aesthetics of a character. I like the backstories of the roster, extra modes and such for various game and am in the camp that feels adding a little extra to the main game isn't a bad thing. I like characters like Blanka, Q, Guile n Charlie, Chun Li, Bison, Cody and more; my tastes are all over the map, but what draws me to them is whether they're a combo of fun to play, interesting personality/gimmick, and visuals, so if a character is severely lacking in an area I may not be as excited to come back to them. That being said, I do try and play as every character in game, never just stick to my mains (if I'm plopping down $60+ on a title, you can bet I'm going to get as much mileage as possible).

I guess all I'm going on about is I hope this entry into SF is a balance of things the tourney scene wants and what some of the "casuals" like; I'd be pretty disappointed if there were no extras, just the main arcade mode. I remember being more than a bit disappointed that the later versions of SF4 stripped survival and the extras like gallery mode. I don't have the best relationship with online connectivity so I'm not going online.

SFV at Taipei Game Show 2015

Holy shit that Chun-Li fireball thing is going to make the casuals rage.