• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

I ain't pre-ordering until Cammy has her hot war paint back.

Wow just noticed she didn't have her iconic leg camo paint. Also don't really like that she has bigger breasts. I'm fine with the face though since SFV is less cartoony compared to SFIV artstyle wise.

actually i don't think her breasts are any larger it's just the straps that she has on that are pushing her breasts upwards and together just a little bit.

It's good being an artist some times... understanding the science behind boobs.

I for one welcome Chun-Li and her tantalizing breast physics.

Actually, this isn't really a new thing for Street Fighter.
Counter hits also gave more stun in 3rd Strike.
No, they most certainly did not.
Hitting people while they were crouching gave extra hitstun, and in some cases hitting people while they were stunned gave extra. It did do things in SFA3 though.

"easier links makes me happy"
How about a combo system not based entirely around links...

actually i don't think her breasts are any larger it's just the straps that she has on that are pushing her breasts upwards and together just a little bit.

It's good being an artist some times... understanding the science behind boobs.

I'm gonna disagree with this and mention that Chun's breasts are a little bigger this time around too.

No, they most certainly did not.
Hitting people while they were crouching gave extra hitstun, and in some cases hitting people while they were stunned gave extra. It did do things in SFA3 though.

"easier links makes me happy"
How about a combo system not based entirely around links...

Well, you are right about the combo system, but i mean, if they are going to keep the links, make them easier. =P

Game looks great, but the overall visual style looks just a little too much like IV. That said, SF3 looks about as similar to SF2 as V looks to IV. I think Birdie has just a little bit too much of the SFIV goofiness I thought we were over by now. Gameplay-wise V looks much better than IV ever was, no doubt.

But please nerf Chun's boob physics. This is Street Fighter, not DOA.

Reactions: mooncakes
I am just going to point out that the DoA of now is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY toned done from the DoA of yore. :V

I think you're joking; the ":V" makes me think you are. But just in case.......you're joking, right?

well, in CvS art, Chun is sometimes portrayed as Mai's rival.

I could give a fuck about the enhanced tits or the art style, but all the news about the gameplay actually has me somewhat interested.
  • No proximity normals
  • No air neutral normals
  • No focus, and thus no FADC
  • Longer input buffers
  • Alpha counters
I'm wholeheartedly in agreement with all these choices. I'll check out the beta, and see if I can stomach Street fighter this time around.

I think you're joking; the ":V" makes me think you are. But just in case.......you're joking, right?

Naw if you've never played the original that shit was nuts. I'm talking foot long swing distances. DoA 2 was still crazy but not as crazy.

5's the tamest one by far. Comparatively. :V

well could you stomach Street Fight Alpha 3? cause if you did (ignoring the fact that grabbing was a pain. all three punch buttons? really?) then chances are you might like SF5. Cause it is looking like elements/ characters from Alpha are jumping over to this game. yay...?

heck no. With the titty physics in the game, mammaries could knock out someone. Bouncing all over the place.
not with the default setting.
like, I've played through the game. the regular physics aren't even as bad as you're making it.
it's almost like you guys don't play fighting games where characters have breast jiggle to even know the difference.

well could you stomach Street Fight Alpha 3? cause if you did (ignoring the fact that grabbing was a pain. all three punch buttons? really?) then chances are you might like SF5. Cause it is looking like elements/ characters from Alpha are jumping over to this game. yay...?
Didn't play the Alpha series enough to know one way or the other. I'll have to take SFV at face value.

Didn't play the Alpha series enough to know one way or the other. I'll have to take SFV at face value.
well, you could always play the best Version of Alpha 3 which is on the PSP.
it features all the warriors, and a nice single player mode, including many extras and ways to play.

Naw if you've never played the original that shit was nuts. I'm talking foot long swing distances. DoA 2 was still crazy but not as crazy.

5's the tamest one by far. Comparatively. :V
Ah, the boob physics. I thought you were talking about the presentation as a whole. The costumes are ridiculous in the latest DOA.....though to be fair, DOA:LR has a boob option that's pretty much old school DOA and manual boob jiggling in the PS4 version.

Ah... the physics and design of the female characters here are... actually kind of creepy, not going to lie. I thought the boob physics joke was just an exaggeration, but wow, I mean WOW. I didn't even notice it was that bad until I saw the pre fight vs screen. And while the other parts of Chun Li's design is fine, Cammy's is kinda bad? Random belt sneeking under the breasts, the leotard leaving even less for the imagination down under, latex strangely showing her bellybutton? And that's just from this article picture. Just tone it down a notch alright?

Look, maybe all we need is the male equivalent and this'll seem less creepy. ...I mean we really don't have one (Zangief doesn't really count, so... Vega in booty shorts?)
Or like, I don't know, a female character that actually looks aged. (AND NOT SEXUALIZED, PLEASE)

Birdie flicks a booger for one of his moves, I think it's a taunt, and it does damage like Dudley's rose and it's great.

Reactions: Shockdingo
Birdie flicks a booger for one of his moves, I think it's a taunt, and it does damage like Dudley's rose and it's great.
I read that it was his idle

and yet we are talking about this on the website of the fighting game that has been bashed for having sexualized females. Can we just pls drop the whole thing and go back to gameplay stuff?
Why? This is a legitimate complaint.

Things like this actively push away people from playing games (Both men and women). Gameplay doesn't matter when creepy fanservice is actively in their face. (And no, Skullgirls does not do this.) And for the reverse, gameplay doesn't matter when people are there for the creepy fanservice.

Gameplay makes or breaks a game, but aesthetic can enhance or sour it.

the worst thing is that chunner's boobs move and cammy's outfit is a little tighter around the stomach.
I've seen WORSE fan-service, so comparatively, this is nothing.

Why is it a competition? It's still bad.

It more than likely produces a negative effect from both sides. So it's bad.

Until a counter is introduced the only viewpoint here is that the female characters have gotten worse in terms of fanservice. And that's bad.

So... yeah.

Acknowledge it's a negative and I'll stop talking about it.

I am just going to point out that the DoA of now is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY toned done from the DoA of yore. :V

False. Pretty sure If I post some pics of 5's outfits it would be pretty nsfw.
Halloween costumes (Helena, angel kasumi, devil ayane)
Multiple swimsuits(sling bikinis, venus bikinis, many more thongs than in past games)
omg breast motion
actual gravure videos
wet tshirts with transparent fabric
sweaty skin, the glossy kind not the arm pit stains kind
senren kagura dlc with destructible clothing

DOA5 is almost part doax3.

I like really DOA5 btw.

Last edited:
the worst thing is that chunner's boobs move and cammy's outfit is a little tighter around the stomach.

Have you seen them move? A healthy amount of jiggly makes it more realistic, I actually think Skullgirls does this well just inching into overdoing it.
These are like, they're like balloons made of jello. They're like the guy who programmed the physics on them has only seen boobs in Gainax anime and hentai. They're perpetual motion machines, you could hook a generator up to those things and power New York.

not as bad as OMG mode in DOA5 if you ask me.
I really just don't care.

like, if they had crotch physics on Ryu, I still wouldn't care.

False. Pretty sure If I post some pics of 5's outfits it would be pretty nsfw.
Halloween costumes (Helena, angel kasumi, devil ayane)
Multiple swimsuits(sling bikinis, venus bikinis, many more thongs than in past games)
omg breast motion
actual gravure videos
wet tshirts with transparent fabric
sweaty skin, the glossy kind not the arm pit stains kind
senren kagura dlc with destructible clothing

DOA5 is almost part doax3.

I like really DOA5 btw.

I was only specifically talking about booby jiggle tho but good on ya to catalogue all that.

Come on, this is probably going to be fixed, since in her gameplay the jiggle doesn't look nothing exagerated like that...

I didn't even think about that.
this could just be in this build.

can I still get some dick jiggle though?
what if Hakan was made MORE glistening?
would that be suitable?

You know what would be cool?Battle damage.

Not Mortal Kombat battle damage, but you know, in SF2, when you defeat someone, there is the portrait of the person that lost with the face in really bad state? like that! bruises, little cuts in the skin.