• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

I don't follow Street Fighter, so I'm really in the dark about this, but... Okay, so Ono is the guy who makes Street Fighter, right? Is that his official Twitter? I'm confused, because he seems to be putting out really troll-y content and whatnot (making pictures of his little Blanka figure in the game and teasing him constantly ((didn't he even dress up to an event as Blanka or something?))), and nobody even seems to bat an eye. Is this... Regular, for his fans to expect? I keep waiting for someone to comment on the Blanka stuff, but nobody ever does.

I don't follow Street Fighter, so I'm really in the dark about this, but... Okay, so Ono is the guy who makes Street Fighter, right? Is that his official Twitter? I'm confused, because he seems to be putting out really troll-y content and whatnot (making pictures of his little Blanka figure in the game and teasing him constantly ((didn't he even dress up to an event as Blanka or something?))), and nobody even seems to bat an eye. Is this... Regular, for his fans to expect? I keep waiting for someone to comment on the Blanka stuff, but nobody ever does.

Ono is a shitlord and likes to tease us, and his Blanka toy is like his Stand.

We just had two "it's obviously [character]s!" where that wasn't the case (well, I said it was obviously Karin, but it was supposed to look like Dudley) so there not being a mix up this time is would be a mixup on its own. That said, I'm going to hope otherwise, especially because this is so obvious.

'Gief also completely fits the criteria of remaining returning characters Capcom has stated.

They've done weird camera angles for other non-story things before, like with Karin's teasing
Except those angles were her super, and actually had someone clearly in frame.

There aren't any pure grapplers yet, right?
Mika is a pure grappler, they've said this directly.

On top of Brazil Game Show next weekend, Ono is confirmed for a game show in Mexico this weekend. NYCC also has a dedicated SFV panel next weekend, and I'd imagine Paris Games Week at the end of the month will have some sort of presentation since Sony skipped Gamescon for it.

http://blog.latam.playstation.com/2015/09/18/conexion-playstation-en-el-electronic-game-show-2015/

Ono had to be hospitalized after doing all the publicity shit from IV, hope Capcom isn't running him into the ground a second time.

I would not be surprised if they're trying to milk him for all he's worth again. Capcom is a Japanese company, after all.

Honestly I don't think it's gief. It's zoomed in enough to be part of his belt, but the way it bends feels to tight to be on the belt. I honeslty feel like the curve would be a bit different and lighting different if it was the belt. Plus the cloth we see under the gold piece is almost entiretly horizontal. If you look at that redish cloth, its presence and how it looks doesn't feel right when compared to what his red speedo looks like normally. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just doesnt feel like Gief to me.

like that belt is a deadass give away. Ono this better be some Mixup, or atleast give Gief the V-Trigger of FUCKING IRON BODY GIEF!
It's just a Gief fanboy watching the real next characters duke it out.

If I'm right I will make you that L so hard it won't even be funny. We'll see who it is soon enough.

With all the respect for everyone that likes Zangief.

But i hate the guy, like, i don't know why i hate him, but i'll take blanka and dan before gief.

With all the respect for everyone that likes Zangief.

But i hate the guy, like, i don't know why i hate him, but i'll take blanka and dan before gief.
You make it sound like Dan is a bad choice....

You make it sound like Dan is a bad choice....
In a 16 character starting roster Dan is a terrible choice unless he is completely overhauled, which I doubt anyone who actually likes Dan wants.

Dude, are you joking? The stuff they've done so far is great. I'd love to see them do Dan. Not for starting roster though. And not for 'wasted slot' reasons. Those arguments are always kinda dumb. :V

Last edited:
LET ME IN, COACH
I'LL PROTECT THE RUSSIAN SKIES FROM ALL THOSE KAMIKAZE BEAR STRIKES
YOU GOTTA LET ME IN, COACH

If we are going by what we wish.

My wishlist right now, is Sakura, Rose, Makoto, Urien and Alex.

Now, i know that makoto is not in the 16 first (only a miracle would do that).
The other 4 are kinda possible, but urien and alex not that much at this point.

Rose is Lisa Lisa, therefore, i like rose (i actually liked rose before i started with jojo, so there is that, but i never used her that much).

And Sakura, i like sakura a lot, and her moveset of all the shotos was already the most different in sf4 and alpha, i want to see what they can do to her in this game, also, what she would look like now at this point.

Is Gief with a new moveset shoto style, shootimg firebears and vodka hurricanes.
Ok,if is him is a obvious hint so, Ono failed. Maybe is Lara, Jiu jitsu fighter niece of Gief.

In a 16 character starting roster Dan is a terrible choice unless he is completely overhauled, which I doubt anyone who actually likes Dan wants.
Eh, to each his own. I like Dan as a character so I'd love to see him in eventually. And while I seriously doubt he'll be in the starting roster, it wouldn't bother me if he was. We know we're getting continuous updates of characters so I cant say I care too much if a single character gets in sooner than people expect.

That said, I'll be happy with who we get.....unless it's Rufus or Seth. Those are the sole SF characters I legit just dislike.

Here's hoping for a redesigned Zangief. The screenshot certainly looks like the Red Cyclone's golden bubble belt, but the position doesn't look like a belt. Maybe the design has been repurposed into a bracelet.

He needs a redesign. Zangief debuted in Street Fighter II (1991). A game that came out two months after the Berlin Wall was destroyed. Does the Soviet Union still exist in the Street Fighter universe? If not, then why would 'Gief be so USSR?

Here's hoping for a redesigned Zangief. The screenshot certainly looks like the Red Cyclone's golden bubble belt, but the position doesn't look like a belt. Maybe the design has been repurposed into a bracelet.

He needs a redesign. Zangief debuted in Street Fighter II (1991). A game that came out two months after the Berlin Wall was destroyed. Does the Soviet Union still exist in the Street Fighter universe? If not, then why would 'Gief be so USSR?
lol

FUCKING CALLED IT PEOPLE WHO IS READY TO FEEL THE GRIEF? YOU ARE!

HE DOES HAVE THE FUCKING IRON BODY

I AM POPPING OFF SO FUCKING HARD RIGHT NOW YOU CAN NOT EVEN UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH I AM POPPING OFF

Ok *now* Siliconera's initial roster is busted. Also damn that is some good moves at redesign.

Man gief looks kinda weird, I think I need to see him in action. Did they remove green hand for a projectile nullifying headbutt?

MUSCLE POWER SUPLEX.

I mean Birdie needs to use centrifugal force to drive people into the ground. Zangief just shoves you in like 'fuck solids'

Reactions: Krackatoa
Ok *now* Siliconera's initial roster is busted. Also damn that is some good moves at redesign.
Never called "initial" like I keep repeating. They know the characters, but not the order. Their "leak" is actually two separate ones where one is already true which is the R Mika/Karin article. It was likely that the 8 are gonna be SF 2 characters [7/8 now] anyway. SF3 is easily gonna be marketed as early planned dlc due to their obvious complete absence in initial. Question is who is the last Sf2 character for initial? Probably Guile because of Nash connection.

Fuck this game.

I lost hype now.

THis character should die, should go to space and hang around with cars for all the eternity.

I like how his V-Trigger is being a literal Red Cyclone.

I'm fine with this.

I still can't believe that this thing is in the game.

Why? Why?!

Oh well, i have to accept that people love this abomination but the SF3 characters are the weird, bad design ones right?

I'm so upset now, sorry for the rant.

And gief players, nothing against you, but gief should die.

Like, forgotten.

BANISHED!

Fuck this game.

I lost hype now.

THis character should die, should go to space and hang around with cars for all the eternity.

Why? Why?!

Oh well, i have to accept that people love this abomination but the SF3 characters are the weird, bad design ones right?

Like, forgotten.

BANISHED!
hue

Why? Why?!

Like, forgotten.

BANISHED!
The Waifu Wars live on.

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
yawn

interested in the game mechanically, but the roster is boring me to tears from top to bottom. gief is like i just shot up nyquil.
and i normally like big hairy men.

Why? Why?!

Like, forgotten.

BANISHED!

bH2izE9.png

Another SF2 character. Looks like the speculation that the green portion in Capcom's slide at SDCC/Evo represents SF2 characters is correct.
CQPuy4pUwAAXr5V.jpg