• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

I don't really care either, but Capcom is trying to make SFV the major eSports game, so it's kind of inescapable.

Also, we haven't had anything gameplay wise to discuss beyond the same few videos on the internet of Zangief. Beta will hopefully be the end of this month or early next, stuff will pick up then.

Unlockable characters are only acceptable if they follow the Skullgirls model where they're unlocked by default in Versus, Training and Online. I mean, wasn't it Mike himself who said that having to play singleplayer modes just to be able to use content for multiplayer modes was dumb.

Gawd, I can't believe I'm actually having this discussion in this forum of all places. Or are there people here who are actually disappointed that people could play Double and Valentine in versus mode in Skullgirls without having to unlock them first in story mode?

No, it's YOU who find that way as the only one acceptable. Not the target audience of SFV. Now you are just talking circles. Come back with something new.

Personally I don't play online until I get a good deal of offline training, including single player, so that wouldn't be a problem for me.

gotta look on the bright side, that's 2 days where I don't need to go outside or shower or talk to people

I pre ordered the collectors edition at GameStop and never got a code for beta. What the heck do i do?!

curl up and die because you pre-ordered at fucking Game Stop.

Why did you do that? Game Stop is the worst...

I was told by my friend that they were the only place I'd be able to get them from. And yes I hate GS too, but do I contact gamestop or capcom????

Last edited:
look try contacting GS first if they start to act all shifty and shit go straight to Capcom and tell them what is up.

Here's my bet, GS will drag their feet and will give you the code to the beta at the very last second. Oh but don't worry you'll still get your collector's edition when it comes out, they'll make sure of that.

I'm not complaining about not being able to play the game more, but two days seems like a really short time for connection testing, especially after how the PS4 one went.

Reactions: Chip Blaster
"When the beta launches, Ken, Necalli, Vega and R. Mika will be selectable. As we’re still reviewing our content delivery system, Rashid will be added in on day two (October 23rd) and Karin added on day three (October 24th). The characters from the previous beta: Ryu, Chun-Li, Cammy, Birdie, Nash and M. Bison will not be selectable this time around."

Oh come ON.
Stop screwing over PC players.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2015/10/07/street-fighter-v-beta-2-details

Reactions: Professor Icepick
Can't say I'm surprised by PC players getting screwed over again. This is a Japanese non-Indie game funded by Sony, after all.

Can't say I'm surprised by PC players getting screwed over again. This is a Japanese non-Indie game funded by Sony, after all.
i'm not too upset. I get to fool around with Necalli. So i'm pretty much fine. That is until Gief pops up. need that gief for some grief.

Man eSports talk is boring

Can we talk about the actual game (sky protection is still assured, Laura looks like a great character so far but isn't worth screwing over the plans of cinnamon bun Ono)
Is "Laura is sexy waifu whose butt I want to smell, and I wish Juri or Ingrid made it into the game, wow that would be soooo cool" really that much more uuuuh.. 'game talk'?

Duder, any participation in a beta is a privilege. No one is getting shafted. You were promised entry into the beta. You're getting entry into the beta. Calm down. It is quite literally a minor inconvenience... at best.

She has a fireball! Granted it doesn't look like you can use it to zone but it looks like you can get neat setups with it, which is also cool.

Damn, i'm too late

Another leak?! The video is private now.

Damnit. Anyone download it?

nope that was ono's doing.

he let us have a second to taste it before drawing it back in.

or at least that's what i would like to think how Ono is handling the leak of Laura

Wait, that was a leak?! What the hell?

edit: I thought that today was the event, or was the trailer shown off and mistakenly taken down, only to be put back up? Man, Ono can't catch a break today can he? :( Poor guy.

Last edited:
yeah

it's confirmed she stole Balanka's powers. Even the spin dash... wowie.

But those fireballs look great for setups and nothing else... and she seems to be like able with the combo-ing into special grab moves. so okay. i guess.

Can't wait to play her, fireball set ups and command grabs is a weird combination, but she looks like a lot of fun.

Her moves are amazing.

They made her moveset look cool in all aspects.

And her super, is a spin dash...

Like, is closer to sonic than blanka the way she spins around the screen. =P

I'm impressed how they manage to make a character wearing normal trousers, but then let her wear thong anyway.. on top of her trousers

Other than that yeah uuh those Trailers still don't really tell anything about how the character plays so nothing to say

Honestly, she reminds me a bit of Blue Mary if Blue Mary had a projectile with which to fuck ppl with. I'm looking forward to this.

Reactions: Shockdingo
she reminds me a bit of Blue Mary
That one grab looks similar.

Command grabs, kicks and lightning makes me think Shermie though, though Shermie is a full blown grappler (in one form).

RIP:

Blanka

Elena

Dee Jay

give
i want
she's great.
And if I'm not mistaken, that might be our very own Erin Fitzgerald as her voice.

Reactions: Shockdingo
The stage is a really funny looking one.

Is like the girl in the background dancing and she could be singing: "la vou eu, la vooou eeuuu".

The old man selling bananas is like: what the fuck are those guys doing here?!

I always love how funny SF stages with crowds are, people just doesn't know how to react to the fight happening.

And i could see our government destroying the Christ Redemeer and changing for a World cup thing if Brazil wins the next world cup...

Duder, any participation in a beta is a privilege.

yeah, paying money to beta test a video game sure is a privilege

I don't like pre-order culture, but this whole 'beta test our game' is just a way for people to play the game early. PC players have been left out once already and our second chance is on a weekend. If this is the 2nd out of 3 we're given, how long will we wait for another beta until the game launches in March?