• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

This comparison is nonsensical.
I'm not sure you understand what a comparison is if you think that was one.
But you already showed that for "strawman" as well.

Last edited:
You used NG not having Akuma as jumping point to SFV not having so.
Except that's not what I did at all, I just pointed out he wasn't in NG because Vulpa said he was in every game, I did not say anything about SFV having a roster comparable to SFIII.

I am betting it is either Akuma, Guile, or Urien. I think Akuma is a possibility because he is a fan favorite and he is also one of the most iconic characters in the street fighter series. Guile and Urien are possibilities because they seem connected to the story. If Zen isn't a "keep away" character then Dhalism has to be a huge possibility.

I'm thinking it will be someone that errs on the side of zoner: Sagat, Guile or Dhalsim.

Reactions: dead
I think it would be interesting to see how well air fireballs can perform against anti-projectile tools that aren't just armor/parry.

I hope it's not a rushdown or a grappler.

Reactions: dead
I'm betting Laura is going to be like Val.

a projectile that isn't exactly the best in the world but will do okay.

some rushdown options that will lead to her doing some mixups/ crossups.

and a command grab that might have different followups (maybe) depending on if she is in V-Trigger or not.

or you could say a slightly fast Nash but has weaker projectiles and slightly stronger mixups.

Honestly I just want a new boxer, Dudley and Balrog have some good stuff, but I want something different, Steve in SFxT was pretty good but it's not like he's going to show up in an actual SF game.

Last edited:
Reactions: jam1220
I still think about a boss and a secret character. Maybe Akuma are the secret one.

i want Dhalsim so i can corkscrew people with my rubber penis

Honestly I just want a new boxer, Dudley and Balrog have some good stuff, but I want something different, Steve in SFxT was pretty good but it's not like he's going to show uo in an actual SF game.

We dont need a new boxer! Capcom can "ressurrect" the street fighter I boxer! SFI is too simple... the SF I boxer can get a lot of new moves/powers like Birdie and Adon

Maybe Akuma are the secret one.
My assumption for Akuma has always been hidden character or (at least near) day 1 DLC. But the release of this game is different than any prior Street Fighter so it's hard to say. He may be part of the original 16 in this game, but I personally wouldn't bet he is on that list.

We dont need a new boxer! Capcom can "ressurrect" the street fighter I boxer!
I'm referring to "new character" in terms of gameplay, I don't care who it is as long as they're fun to play and unique enough that they are their own character.

@AdenPhoenix

I already said: The game can be lauched with locked characters... a lot of old games has this, even the original SF4. I bet we will have a boss character and a secret character, making the rooster has 18 initial characters without DLC. And this locket characters can be unlocked playing AND by money, like the future DLC ones.

Why the Boss character is not in the 16 original ones? Because to make mystery about the game plot. And a secret one is... secret.

Maybe is easy unlock this ones: only fight against and win... The boss will be easy to do, but everyone remembers the rules to fight Akuma :D

(And always Capcom can launch the game with more locked characters. Locked characters and DLC ones are the same for this games... the difference is the DLC ones are not ready now. Because then became ready, the game will download then and, after that, they became locked characters. If Capcom finish any new character before the launch, they can send with the original package).

i mean
they could include a boss character
and then have Akuma as a secret boss
just like
the good ol' days

I said Akuma could possibly be a secret character, "Launch with a core roster of 16 playable characters" doesn't preclude locked cast members, you're absolutely right, however it seems like a strange move in general with how this game has been handled, and doesn't make sense of revealing the entire cast just under half a year before launch but it's certainly not impossible.

that would require necalli to be cool or interesti-wait shit, Seth

I said Akuma could possibly be a secret character, "Launch with a core roster of 16 playable characters" doesn't preclude locked cast members, you're absolutely right, however it seems like a strange move in general with how this game has been handled, and doesn't make sense of revealing the entire cast just under half a year before launch but it's certainly not impossible.

They are revealing the "know fighters", not the plot boss, who will be revealed only with the first game plays... maybe this. And the Secret one will not be revealed, only after someone finds. They can show every other character, but this ones can be unrevealeds all way to the launch, even if they are the first ones.

By the way, a secret character can go in even after the launch: they can send a DLC character to be downloaded with a secret character in the same pack.

Well... every this is a "possibilities" ideas... of course :P Only Capcom knows who they will do.

Um... Necalli is interesting. He grabs heads and spikes them like a football. What's not cool about that?

Reactions: Ronus
With the implications of his V-Trigger he actually could be in the same sense Saiki and Ash were XIII's bosses.
Saikikofxiiialt.gif

I really doubt it though, there's no way they'd reveal him as early as they did. Locking Urien behind story mode makes sense though, thinking about it, after all Nash's screen says "No affiliations", implying knowledge of Illuminati activity is something that will be uncovered instead of just a given.

They are revealing the "know fighters", not the plot boss, who will be revealed only with the first game plays... maybe this. And the Secret one will not be revealed, only after someone finds. They can show every other character, but this ones can be unrevealeds all way to the launch, even if they are the first ones.

By the way, a secret character can go in even after the launch: they can send a DLC character to be downloaded with a secret character in the same pack.
I just agreed with this, even stating part of it?

Reactions: Metafogos
I'm going to be that guy and point out you don't get that red bracelet until you're 67 at earliest, which requires you to have become a black belt at 19
CQRv1mXVAAUUUI5.jpg:large

I just realized I wrote that in a way that sounds like "guiz SF isn't realistic this is the worst" when my intention was to jokingly imply that Laura is like 70 .

Poor Ono, but Laura looks good. Costume lacks subtlety, though. All she needs is a navy circle of stars and "ORDEM E PROGRESSO" scrawled across and she'll be wearing the Brazilian flag.
Street Fighter has never been big on subtlety.
I think we has one more character in the game: the Boss one! I dont think Vega/M.Bison or Necali will be the boss.
Necalli is most likely the boss of the game. Probably an "awakened" or "shin" version that starts the fight in his V-Trigger mode with some altered frame data.

The biggest thing that points to this is the fact that the only confirmed leak so far, the one from Ken Bogard, mentioned him as an "unnamed boss". Then there's the rumor/speculation that Necalli was revealed at Evo earlier than intended as a way to discredit the other leaks.
And comboing into air grab has been a thing since at least sf4, maybe even earlier.
All air grabs in SFIV aren't actually grabs, but rather moves with a canned "grab" animation that only hit airborne (similar to Rose' soul throw).
@AdenPhoenix

I already said: The game can be lauched with locked characters... a lot of old games has this, even the original SF4. I bet we will have a boss character and a secret character, making the rooster has 18 initial characters without DLC. And this locket characters can be unlocked playing AND by money, like the future DLC ones.

Why the Boss character is not in the 16 original ones? Because to make mystery about the game plot. And a secret one is... secret.

Maybe is easy unlock this ones: only fight against and win... The boss will be easy to do, but everyone remembers the rules to fight Akuma :D

(And always Capcom can launch the game with more locked characters. Locked characters and DLC ones are the same for this games... the difference is the DLC ones are not ready now. Because then became ready, the game will download then and, after that, they became locked characters. If Capcom finish any new character before the launch, they can send with the original package).
First, the community didn't like having to unlock characters for vanilla SFIV and Marvel 3. Tournaments were actually delayed because players weren't able to play matches in stations where the characters weren't unlocked.

Also, locked characters would go against the big eSports push that Capcom and Sony want for this game (which is why they're following the LoL model with content able to be unlocked via gameplay).

Finally, on the last point. Capcom has already stated that the game will not have any on disc DLC.

Last edited:
Considering how quickly they are introducing the main cast, it wouldn't surprise me if there is a plan for a schedule of dlc content similar to MKX.

I think i said before.

But this model that they are following, only makes sense if they have some day 1 dlc.

Costumes or characters.

Why? Like, if we can get characters and gameplay content by only playing the game, if they release a dlc, even 1 week after the game, a lot of people will already have that fight money, they need something day 1 to guarantee that people will buy stuff with actual money, of course, the other option is having costumes that you can only buy with real money day 1, but is not a better option from their perspective.

Also, is possible that they might do both.

If Sakura, or Rose, are day one dlc, i'll buying them with real money (considering that i have the game and a platform to play it day 1)

I just realized I wrote that in a way that sounds like "guiz SF isn't realistic this is the worst" when my intention was to jokingly imply that Laura is like 70 .

Who knows, maybe she discovered the secret of immortality deep in the amazon training with Oro.

Except she gets to stay hot because anime double standards.

Reactions: Shockdingo and Aden
Maybe she is the boss, and she kills people and steals their abilities, and she killed blanka, a Capoeira master, and a Jiu Jitsu master.

Reactions: Ronus
Maybe she is the boss, and she kills people and steals their abilities, and she killed blanka, a Capoeira master, and a Jiu Jitsu master.

I'm ready for my Zombie Blanka DLC.

I'm ready for my Zombie Blanka DLC.
Would he have human color parts stitched together to make him a reverse Nash?

I wanna see Nash with a periwinkle skin and purple hair Squigly palette.

As for placing bets:

Veteran return = Dhalsim (glad to see him, but secretly wishing for Sagat)
New character = Zen (what isn't obvious is the gender. Zen could go either way. I'm leaning towards lady)

Where's Eisbahn? Maybe Capcom will take a cue from NetherRealm Studios and announce a quartet of upcoming fighters, a mix of returns and newbies:
  • Akuma (or is he permanently Oni?)
  • Eisbahn
  • Alex
  • Sodom

"Eisbahn" was pulled from a random sign in the background. That doesn't necessarily indicate that there will be a character with that name in.

"Eisbahn" was pulled from a random sign in the background. That doesn't necessarily indicate that there will be a character with that name in.
True, but how often do we signs with people on them that aren't characters? I think it could go either way. If he's (she's) in I'm thinking he's a boss, though.

Reactions: Shockdingo
First, the community didn't like having to unlock characters for vanilla SFIV and Marvel 3. Tournaments were actually delayed because players weren't able to play matches in stations where the characters weren't unlocked.

Also, locked characters would go against the big eSports push that Capcom and Sony want for this game (which is why they're following the LoL model with content able to be unlocked via gameplay).

Finally, on the last point. Capcom has already stated that the game will not have any on disc DLC.
I imagine that since the characters may be purchasable with Fite Money or Zenny, they could "lock" characters and have it not fall under the moniker of on-disc DLC. Tourney organizers would simply buy all the characters (theoretically. I run tournaments and don't outfit all my stations, lol).

Reactions: Covenant
Would you really think that making a character on disk be unlockable with money is a good idea?

It doesn't matter if you can get him by playing the game, people will see this as on disc dlc, that is what basically it is.

Reactions: d3v and Wenzel