• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Street Fighter V

"new" design impressions from these screenshots (and some I saw at SRK)
Alex - Pretty neat update. He's the main character now, right?
Ibuki - Scene Status: ON.
Oro - It's Oro.
Juri - Neat. But I'd prefer her hair down.
Viper - Neat. But I'd prefer her hair down.
Boxer - Looks like one of his SF4 alts, which is cool.
Sakura - Totally unchanged. I sorta hoped she's be different by now.
Shadaloo Soldiers - On loan from Morden after their defeat by Metal Slug.
Juni (blonde girl with Cammy) - Wait that's Juni? Whaaaa?
Laura (story screenshot) - *Third Strike announcer* YEAH THAT MAKES SENSE.

So the pre-load is up on Steam, but only for Windows. Can't say I'm surprised, but I wish they would've clarified this earlier, let alone tell us how long we'll have to wait for that Linux port.

Capcom, would it kill you to communicate?

I feel a strange sense of deja vu...

"new" design impressions from these screenshots (and some I saw at SRK)
Alex - Pretty neat update. He's the main character now, right?
Ibuki - Scene Status: ON.
Oro - It's Oro.
Juri - Neat. But I'd prefer her hair down.
Viper - Neat. But I'd prefer her hair down.
Boxer - Looks like one of his SF4 alts, which is cool.
Sakura - Totally unchanged. I sorta hoped she's be different by now.
Shadaloo Soldiers - On loan from Morden after their defeat by Metal Slug.
Juni (blonde girl with Cammy) - Wait that's Juni? Whaaaa?
Laura (story screenshot) - *Third Strike announcer* YEAH THAT MAKES SENSE.

Bro where ya seeing Sakura

Ca8xwFaUcAARMdr.jpg

oh boy
sakura looks
exactly the fucking same
exciting

I really hope they Karinfy Sakura's outfit.

Similar design, but better.

how the fuck is she still in her schoolgirl outfit

how old is she now

how the fuck is she still in her schoolgirl outfit

how old is she now
same age as Karin who's like 25 now
decidedly "too fucking old for that shit" in my book

Sakura wears the sailor uniform so Ryu can quickly recognize her from a crowd of people. Also i think Sakura secretly just likes to wear that uniform, for some reason.

I love the idea that Sakura is just kind of a freak.

yeah like she still tries to sneak into high-schools with that uniform. She's just there sitting in some classroom smiling while everyone else is just staring at her in plain confusion.

She's just really there for the free lunches.

Her brother's in high school now and his friends are like "what the fuck is your sister doing here? why does she have combat glvoes on? why does her elbow look like a vagina?"

Reactions: SanoBaron
I like imagine Ryu walking in the streets of japan and every girl using the school uniform he tries a sneaky attack thinking is sakura. Ryu is school girl killer. HADOUKEN!!!!

Someone said to me that Sakura considers her outfit as her "gi"...

She is picking up bad habits from ryu

No, she does but that's dumb.

For real how has like 8 years (from alpha to 5) gone by and you still look the exact same when you started out as a teenager?

Like, if you're an adult and there's no big change from 25 to 33 sure, whatever video games....

That isn't Sakura though, she started out as a 17 year old girl. She should be 25 or so by now.

Unless it's all on purpose and she wants to be easily identifiable by Ryu and sneak into her Alma Matter(if she graduated, which I doubt) and eat that free lunch.

Ca8xwFaUcAARMdr.jpg

image.jpg

Bro I swear we're One Piece now

Or maybe that's just me

No, she does but that's dumb.

For real how has like 8 years (from alpha to 5) gone by and you still look the exact same when you started out as a teenager?

Like, if you're an adult and there's no big change from 25 to 33 sure, whatever video games....

That isn't Sakura though, she started out as a 17 year old girl. She should be 25 or so by now.

Unless it's all on purpose and she wants to be easily identifiable by Ryu and sneak into her Alma Matter(if she graduated, which I doubt) and eat that free lunch.
You can't have schoolgirl Ryu not wear a schoolgirl outfit. She could be pushing 50 and still will wear the uniform.

It's important to remember that Bengus's art has ALWAYS been hit or miss

I mean how could we forget
latest

street_fighter_alpha_3_max_conceptart_BTSOb.jpg

and that art was done well in advance, unlike SFV's which was done quickly. That's a lot of art for one person to do.

@UP I have no problem with either picture. That's just a weird style but both character are imaginable to look like that. Unlike that Laura montrosity above.

Not gonna lie, I unironically love the "bonita" on Laura's shirt.

Like, she's completely aware she's the sterotypical Brazilian girl. Light-hearted, pretty and aggressive.

Not gonna lie, I unironically love the "bonita" on Laura's shirt.

Like, she's completely aware she's the sterotypical Brazilian girl. Light-hearted, pretty and aggressive.
And that doesn't know how to properly wear a short, and dress like shit all the time, yup, that is a brazilian woman right there....

And that doesn't know how to properly wear a short, and dress like shit all the time, yup, that is a brazilian woman right there....
If you think her gi is shitty, that's on you.

Also she's wearing her shorts just fine.

Last edited:
I think she looks like shes gonna go clubbing. I mean, there's articles praising "sexy Ryu" so I dont see a problem with there being a sexy Laura design.

Maybe, if she actually makes it to playable in SF5, she'll get upgraded to "gym teacher" uniform.

>Implying she finished high school.

If you think her gi is shitty, that's on you.

Also she's wearing her shorts just fine.
Her gi, is not that bad, but the butt clevage is kinda ugly. Her short is not even properly closed, She have an invisible bra holding her breasts while she is using a shirt so small, that i've never even saw something like that here, and i've seen some stuff already. And the thong bikini sticking out of the shorts. And Also the swimsuit tan line...

I think she looks like shes gonna go clubbing. I mean, there's articles praising "sexy Ryu" so I dont see a problem with there being a sexy Laura design.
Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against sexy, nothing at all! Her alt outfit is just ugly, is not even sexy.

>Implying she finished high school.
She was so focused on training, she ended up flunking school. She is destined to be a hobo like ryu

Her gi, is not that bad, but the butt clevage is kinda ugly. Her short is not even properly closed, She have an invisible bra holding her breasts while she is using a shirt so small, that i've never even saw something like that here, and i've seen some stuff already. And the thong bikini sticking out of the shorts. And Also the swimsuit tan line...

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against sexy, nothing at all! Her alt outfit is just ugly, is not even sexy.
It is literally her "I just came from swimming in the ocean and now I'm getting food on the shore" outfit.

I'm assuming you live in Brazil? I've never been there but I've seen plenty of it in other countries, it's safe to assume your country also has it.

I mean if you hate it you hate it, can't force you to like something. I don't think that outfit is particularly weird when you consider her background.

Like I can't stand Makoto's farming outfit in SF4, but I understand why it looks like that.

I do think the unbuttoned pants are dumb, though. Then again I also think Chun Li running around in full body spandex trying to fight crime is also dumb.

Last edited:
Juri looks like that Black Widow parody from Venture Bros now lmao

character select...the best ever in any fightan

Yo SFV i'm really happy for ya and imma let you finish, but Smash 64 has the best character select theme of all time
OF ALL TIME

Reactions: Bombad
so like is there a rule on these boards that when it comes to character select themes you can't go for the obviously best answer which is third strike

is it too easy

Melty Blood's and UNIEL's character selects are both really good.

It is literally her "I just came from swimming in the ocean and now I'm getting food on the shore" outfit.

I'm assuming you live in Brazil? I've never been there but I've seen plenty of it in other countries, it's safe to assume your country also has it.

I mean if you hate it you hate it, can't force you to like something. I don't think that outfit is particularly weird when you consider her background.

Like I can't stand Makoto's farming outfit in SF4, but I understand why it looks like that.

Yeah, i'm brazilian. And no, like i said it is a somewhat common outfit here for womans to wear (more in some places close to the ocean, where i rarely ever gone to), my thing is mainly, it wasn't executed properly. Like the underboob, the thong bikini sticking out, the fact that the short isn't closed properly, the fact that is written "bonita" on the shirt, and the fact that the cloth. And it also reminds me of a group/subculture that i personally hate.

Putting in words, when laura was revealed, she was the most hype i ever got for a character in a game, when that outfit was revealed, i started to hate everything about the character, i can't even look at her.

Look at this! How this is beautiful? Or sexy? Is just off putting.
11_sf5costume37.jpg

Or this?!
12_sf5conceptart05.jpg

I just don't understand. Why not wear the short properly? Why not put a properly sized shirt for her? Or a Bra?

But i'll stop with my rant, it is clearly just my opinion and i while i seriously see no reason at all for someone to like this outfit, i respect it.

As a guy I've never worn clothes like that, but I can assume from seeing friends and others do it, it's hot outside, they're still wet and they want to dry off.

That's why the material covers about the same place as a swimsuit.

It just reminds me of Poison's default outfit, but at least I can rationalize this one as "she just came from the beach".

Or Elena's, even though there's no way she would wear that in the Savanna.

Though the unbuttoning thing is dumb, but who knows maybe Laura and Poison just roll like that.

Last edited:
Like i said, is not about what is being covered. Is about how she is wearing what is supposed to cover minimum territory possible. And how her outfit makes no sense.

From an anatomy perspective, or Laura's boobs are made of two solid balls, because they should fall and not be covered by her shirt. So her shirt doesn't make sense. At least poison's shirt on this side actually makes some sense.

The thong sticking out from the short is just ugly, as well as the short not closed properly.

Make her wear a bikini and i would be way more satisfied.

Well, rant done.

You know their are bikini tops that don't strap around the neck, right?

She's probably wearing one of those. I personally have no issue with the bikini sticking out from under, maybe it's because I've seen family do it in a non sexual manner?

I don't want to try to force you over to my way of thinking, you're totally entitled to thinking it looks ugly.