• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Mortal Kombat Thread

I was surprised when they didn't have Jacqui up there... guess she'll be there next stream.

Kung Jin fights in Mortal Kombat with a freaking BOW...and he's voiced by Johnny Young Bash. Found mah main.

Takeda looks fucking sick. Mileena looks fucking sick. Everyone looks fucking sick.

Predator has been leaked by the Microsoft Store.

MK Universe is now all different Prey.

Might be fake.

But then again, Ed Boon showed sketches for things that are gonna get mokapped tomorrow.
And one of them involved throwing a disc-like object of some sort...
ASnd the head was blurred out...
Oh God I think the second guest character is Predator

Reactions: North888
Guys I can't get the image out of my head of Mileena brushing her cheeks.

Now that's what I call a great redesign.

I had like absolutely no interest in playing Mileena in MK9, and now it changed. :D I'll be sure to test her out in MKX.

Last edited:
I question why Tanya of all kharacters was chosen to come back. I fucking hate that skank.

Best disc-locked pack ever conceived.

fra1.gif

Nice to know the series protag was finally confirmed. He gonna be the final boss fight with how silent NR been on his character.

Reactions: Jutsei and erkicman
Liu-Kang WAS confirmed? I didn't hear anything.

Holy fucking shit.
Carl Weathers Jax?
Liu Kang?
Dude.
Netherrealm Studios on-fucking point for DLC.

Not so on-point for keeping things secrets though.
Like goddamn this is the second or third time they got their salad shit in for having things revealed too early.

There's less than a month before the DLC is out, I fail to see how this is too early?

Some secrets are best right before it comes out.
We didn't even know MK 9's full roster until 2 weeks before it comes out.

Though, on the bright side, it is kinda good we actually know what DLC characters you're getting with the Kombat Pass, instead of betting blind.

Tremor looks fantastic. Looks like a fucking Shy Guy though too.

Tanya is really surprising, never cared for her, but eh. It's at least good to see someone not from MK 1-3.

Liu Kang and Jax are just gonna lay dead, rotting in one of the stages. But hey, with the DLC, you get to decide what they're wearing while at it!

I was really hoping Liu Kang was not in. Now I have to play him =/

If Liu Kang won't be bitter and turned evil because of Raidens "betrayal" I'll be heavily dissapointed. Bonus points for him being AT LEAST a sub-boss. If that's how they make him I won't even care just how bland he was before. :P

Also dat Tremor. Great design. Still not buying the Kombat Pack though. :P

Unless I get a big discount.

If Liu Kang won't be bitter and turned evil because of Raidens "betrayal" I'll be heavily dissapointed. Bonus points for him being AT LEAST a sub-boss. If that's how they make him I won't even care just how bland he was before. :P

Well there is the leaked bio of MKX Liu Kang that has been floating around on TYM.
"The last thing Liu Kang remembered was being betrayed by Raiden during the invasion of EarthRealm at the hands of Shao Kahn, Emperor of Outworld. Liu Kang had been resurrected to serve as a revenant for the sorcerer Quan Chi, but his body was still damaged and heavily scarred. Despite his flawed appearance, his powers were stronger due to evil dark magic than before. Quan Chi promised the monk he would have his revenge against Raiden, the reason behind his death. Liu Kang didn’t trust the sorcerer. He would destroy Raiden and protect EarthRealm by himself and he would also eliminate Quan Chi as well for helping Shao Kahn attempt an invasion of the realm he loved so dear."

So yeah if this is true then Liu Kang still isn't pure evil even after the MK9 climax. He just really hates Raiden the blunder god now and he considers himself the real Earthrealm protector.

Reactions: North888
I'm guessing Erron Black, Jax, and maybe Sonya.
10407402_1060425517304766_3058525133030678908_n.jpg

Finally, Erron Black. The guy who has a chance to shake me off Sub-Zero and make me hump HIS leg instead.

You got one chance.

Before you guys get too excited, Tyler Lansdown said that picture was fake.

Before you guys get too excited, Tyler Lansdown said that picture was fake.
Dammit I should have known(I got baited son). Aw well the real picture is on Ed Boon's twitter.
The scrambled words are Shaolin, Warm Gun, Happiness, and Fallen God.
CA-4L3QUUAAYpmJ.jpg:large

Last edited:
So, Liu Kang, Erron Black, Shinnok and...? Friendship? Doubt it, but I can't find anything fitting "happiness".

EDIT:

We got official Liu Kang reveal:

For some reason only russian version exists. :P Early leak?

Dat Bo'Rai'Cho though...

Reactions: BallotBoxer
? Bo'Rai'Cho? I didn't see that drunk, acid-spewing guy from...he was from Armageddon right? I forget. But I didn't see him in the trailer...Am I missing something?

? Bo'Rai'Cho? I didn't see that drunk, acid-spewing guy from...he was from Armageddon right? I forget. But I didn't see him in the trailer...Am I missing something?

At the very start walking next to Raiden.

Or am I racist assuming all slightly chubby asians with beard are Bo'Rai'Cho?

Oh, yeah, that could be him...he doesn't look quite as...large as Bo'Rai'Cho, unless I'm not remembering correctly. I haven't played an older MK game in sooo long XD

Maaaaan, I think I'm gonna have to upgrade my PC for this. I hate having to upgrade CPU and/or MOBO

Reactions: Spencer
Does Liu Kang look older? Thought his aging stopped? Anyway nice to see him back in action.